Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) (72341 Views)

How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format / How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] / What To Avoid When Writing An Attractive Or A Catchy CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by uduokirika1(m): 5:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
ok
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Probity100: 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nice idea! But you wrote WAEC at the age 11. That alone shows your insincerity. Except you changed the date for your own security reasons.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
ROSYL:

They are childish and irrelevant...My points exactly.
Ok! Noted
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Shinelle(f): 8:06am On Mar 10, 2015
I dont understand the Op... you didn't specify class of degree but you spelt out ssce grades....

Anyway, a cv is your mouthpiece in your absence so just put anything that will sell you better to your prospective employer, you can always adjust to suit every job...

For instance you're 21, A first Class graduate, with other accomplishments, put them all there o! Even cgpa sef...Theres no modesty in this one,.... its a competitive world out there!

3 Likes

Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by MightyFortress: 9:08am On Mar 10, 2015
Nice CV advice.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by nigerhead(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
Benjom:
Create clear and distinct sections that are well-defined so that once an employer picks up your CV, within 15 to 30 seconds, the message would be easily decipherable. This is what wins you a call-up for interview. By section, I mean:

• Professional/Profile/Career Summary
• Personal Detail/Bio-data (optional)
• Education
• Professional/Work Experience
• Accomplishments/Achievements
• Core/Key Skills/Competencies
• Training/Membership/Affiliation/Certification
• Referees (purely ‘Available on request’)

The arrangement is relative to the strength of each section. The inclusion of ‘Referees or References’, State of Origin, LGA, Religion, etc are now obsolete. Further more, your presentation must be catchy. You need power-words (word density) to give your CV a colourful and undeniable edge above several many others in the job market. If this is strictly adhered to, no employer will ever treat your CV with disdain again!

http://www.benjommediaoutfit.com/how-to-quickly-write-a-catchy-cv/

See the picture of a sample below:

good sample, but if you or someone could elucidate more (if you know) about differences between writing a CV for Nigeria HR as opposed to writing for say the UK or US.

I ask because you see folks debating about should my DOB/ Marital status / Religion be included or not. I know for a fact that in the UK one wouldn't bother with such details, but the Naija market is different.

Cheers.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by adeinfinit(m): 11:59am On Mar 22, 2015
I av been following this thread and I must say it has been very educative.
Pls all, I need help on what my CV should look like. Am an undergraduate in my final year, studying political science and international relations... I will greatly appreciate all the help I can get.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
Shinelle:
I dont understand the Op... you didn't specify class of degree but you spelt out ssce grades....

Anyway, a cv is your mouthpiece in your absence so just put anything that will sell you better to your prospective employer, you can always adjust to suit every job...

For instance you're 21, A first Class graduate, with other accomplishments, put them all there o! Even cgpa sef...Theres no modesty in this one,.... its a competitive world out there!

How do you mean?
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
kilokeys:
concise... good job

Thanks man
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2015
sevantex:
Nice tips @op...,sent mine also for appraisal...,Tnks boss!

You're welcome
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
MightyFortress:
Nice CV advice.
Thanks
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
That is a good job, i appreciate it. U will see mine late.

Thanks for your kind words.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 1:41am On Jul 03, 2015
muyiwaadekunle1:
Hey, you need to specify the class of degree you came out with, or you expect your interviewer to ask if it's upper or lower?

If you graduated with a 'Second Class Lower Division', you may leave the 'Lower' out of it. It worked for most of my clients. Yes, they demanded for 'Upper' but you confuse them with your grade status. With your catchy CV and God with you, they'll have no choice but to invite you. Your intention is to get before them in other to prove your efficiency. But if the requirement is specifically stated, '... Lower' inclusive, then, leave it open.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Bontia(m): 8:35am On Jul 03, 2015
Nice.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 9:07am On Jul 03, 2015
Bontia:
Nice.

Thanks
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 11:28am On Jul 03, 2015
holatin:
welldone op. even though I am my own boss.
lemme try write CV to myself
Lol... Go ahead please.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 6:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
mrvance:
So nice...so what about undergraduates DAT want CV for internship

Visit my website.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2015
We docs are d poorest CV writers because work yakpa..[/quote]

Yes o... You're not far from the truth.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 8:38am On Jul 06, 2015
wemmieslim:
Nice one @op,thanks a lot.
You're welcome.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 10, 2015
heloooo. Plllllllssss i need a sample of an undergraduate CV. For IT placement. Tnx
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
OgidiOlu3:
Nice but I dont think it's a good idea displaying all your details online.

It's a fabricated sample... Thanks for your concern.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2016
MightyFortress:
Nice CV advice.
Thanks for reading.
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ady:
Thanks
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by Benjom(m): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
Want to start getting job invites effortlessly? Use my recruiter friendly MS Word Editable CV Format
or Template. Just edit it and input your information with ease:
www..com/ms-word-editable-cv-format/
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by 12stinep(m): 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
Re: How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) by sirqeeboi(m): 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
wonlasewonimi:
Why do you people put DOB on CVs

You can put it for jobs that have age requirement.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Npower Kaduna State Lets Meet Here.... / Federal Fire Service 2023/2024 Recruitment / Frank Uduak-Akpan Wore 'The Mudder Squad' T-Shirt While Being Paraded By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.