Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:33 PM

Black Maria - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria (888925 Views)

Maria Found Her Lost Treasure / Plz I Need D Link Of Black Maria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria by kizzykeziah: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
Black and Basket......

I'm foreseeing unbeatable bond of friendship here. Only wish they had a different thing in common than petty thieving.

I strongly hope to see you on T.V. someday as a really successful writer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Maria by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
LarrySun:
cheesy We're gradually reaching the end of the first chapter. Thanks for following, sir.

Ohh. Okay
Re: Black Maria by Psalmwise(m): 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
so 1st chapter jez finish....chai

chai...i love dis crime edition...just like prince of persia
Re: Black Maria by zyzxx(m): 9:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
LarrySun:
Oh! Okay. But I've never met him. I'd like to. smiley
thanks our greet writer
NL as prevent me from login for sometimes now
Re: Black Maria by Dyoungstar: 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
LarrySun:
My brother from another mister. I hail you, bro. I've not forgotten my book cover design. smiley

I've finished the work.

You need to see it first.

I may need to put finishing touches on the images and we are good to go.
Re: Black Maria by Nickymezor(f): 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
Great job mr Larry, tnx for d nice update smiley
Re: Black Maria by ezeigbo194(m): 3:22am On Apr 02, 2015
LarrySun:
cheesy I trust you. wink

Flakeey dear......longest tym larrysun is looking for you
Re: Black Maria by lenmafon: 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
black wants to be an educated thief or a one with goodvgrammar, even when he cannot go back an finish school, he still wants to upgrade himself ehmmmmm lovely. nice work larrysun, keep them coming
Re: Black Maria by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
Well done bro,but please try to update soon.
Re: Black Maria by zyzxx(m): 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
The friendship of these two boys would cause a powerful ripple on the destiny of each one of them, and on the fates of some other people.
But they didn't know that.

greet writer larry the seer

Badest combination 'black and basket ' bsquare

More wisdom larry

2 Likes

Re: Black Maria by zyzxx(m): 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
Apy birthday akejujoe
LLNP
Re: Black Maria by oghenekome51(f): 12:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
Wow! Wow! Wow! Larrysun ure da bomb! Honestly, dis story cost me my tears n am glad cos its so touching! I jus hope peter would tread carefully! Pls com n update sha! Thank you!
Re: Black Maria by Flakeey(f): 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
ezeigbo194:

Flakeey dear......longest tym larrysun is looking for you

i ve been away for a while on official assignment.
fully back
Re: Black Maria by Flakeey(f): 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
LARRYSUN kiss
i learnt you're missing me wink
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 2:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
Chapter One - VIII

Peter Black woke up before Basket; he had just discovered that his new friend was a lazy sleeper. It was almost two hours after Black had awoken that Basket yawned his way to consciousness. Both boys went to bath in the stream and later had their breakfasts. They still lived on the money Black had realised from the purse he had absent-mindedly picked three days earlier. The boys dined at a local restaurant and ate to their fills. They ordered for a food they had not eaten in a long time: pounded yam and vegetable soup, the soup adequately garnished with stock fish and various periwinkles, including antelope meat served in different dishes. The boys joked and laughed as they dined. They ate until their stomach refused to accommodate any more morsels. After the meals, they paid and left for home.

At home, the uncompleted building that was, while they waited for their food to digest, they planned what they were going to steal for the day. Because they still had enough money to feed them for at least a week, they both decided to steal something that was not related to food.

"I already said we should steal a dictionary." Basket reminded.

"What good would a dictionary do us?"

"A dictionary would build our vocabularies."

"And what good would a built vocabulary do us? Have you forgotten that we are no longer school children? A dictionary is useless for us now."

Basket pondered over the statement and said aloud, "We can still go back to school. It's not too late for us."

"And where would we find the money to enrol ourselves?"

"We can steal it."

"You're crazy. We can barely find feeding money in this godforsaken area, yet you're talking about the exorbitant sum admission requires. Besides, what happened to our own dream of getting enough money to vacate this place for a better shelter?"

"We can start saving. Let's begin to save anything we get, and with time, we will have enough money for both accommodation and education."

"Yes, with time," Black nodded affirmatively, " Maybe after one hundred years."

"Listen, Black, my friend. We cannot remain like this forever. This is Wednesday, our mates are in schools learning how to become great people and we're here debating over what to steal and what not to. You should agree with me that education is very important. It is our right—our responsibility—to be educated. Ii know I'm not going to remain a thief forever, I don't know about you. I know that no matter how skilled and experienced a thief is, he shall one day be caught."

"Says the boy who stole from a beggar."

"The truth is," Basket continued, "there is no ingenuity about stealing, no skill, no experience, no smartness—everything is luck. The most experienced, the most skillful, the smartest thieves have all been caught. We are here because we are still lucky. What are we going to do when our luck runs dry? Are we ready to face the consequence? Would we face the firing squads without flinching? Would we welcome the hangman's noose with open necks? Are we ready to endure the instant judgement of the crowd whose properties we have stolen? Even if we are not killed, are we eager to spend the rest of our lives in jail? You think about it, there is no bright future for thieves. Those of us who are not yet caught are only lucky for now. Where shall we be when the judgement day comes?"

Black stared at his friend for a moment and said, "Has anyone ever told you that you talk too much? What I can only tell you is that you don't know anything about me. There is a good reason why I steal. I hope you, too, have a good reason."

"I steal only to stay alive. I will stop if I have a better choice."

"Mine goes beyond that. But I'm sure you would not understand it if I explained. Anyway, we haven't decided on what to steal today. Please, don't tell me it's dictionary. Let's choose something we need for now. We will get a dictionary when we return to school."

Basket looked around the room and an idea lit up in his head, "I think what we need is something to keep us company."

"What do you suggest?"

"I suggested we get a pet."
"A pet?"

"A puppy."

"You're suggesting we steal a dog? Oh, come one, Basket. That's a terrible idea. I have a better idea."

"Really? Tell me."

Black stood up and said, "Follow me, I will tell you on the way."

Larry Sun can ghostwrite for you (novels, short stories, biographies, autobiographies, etc) at an affordable price. Contact him via email (larrysundynasty@gmail.com) or through +2349061754872. God bless you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Maria by Sleekyshuga(f): 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
As usual, smoky piece grin..

Observation: Larry, don't you think the vocabularies you used in this last episode are quite huge for a boy of fifteen years?

Still, I follow...

4 Likes

Re: Black Maria by seyitanhep1: 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
Black or basket. I like dammey better
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nickymezor:
Great job mr Larry, tnx for d nice update smiley
Thank you for always following, ma'am. Looking behind me and seeing you gives me great joy. smiley
Re: Black Maria by Nickymezor(f): 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
LarrySun:
Thank you for always following, ma'am. Looking behind me and seeing you gives me great joy. smiley
Oh, datz nice to know....Ur welcm smiley
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
lenmafon:
black wants to be an educated thief or a one with goodvgrammar, even when he cannot go back an finish school, he still wants to upgrade himself ehmmmmm lovely. nice work larrysun, keep them coming
From all indications, I think it's Basket who wants to become that educated thief. Lol!

Thanks for reading, ma'am. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
sagon1:
Well done bro,but please try to update soon.
Okay, sir. Thank you, sir.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
zyzxx:
The friendship of these two boys would cause a powerful ripple on the destiny of each one of them, and on the fates of some other people.
But they didn't know that.

greet writer larry the seer

Badest combination 'black and basket ' bsquare

More wisdom larry
Lol @ Bsquare! That's very funny. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
oghenekome51:
Wow! Wow! Wow! Larrysun ure da bomb! Honestly, dis story cost me my tears n am glad cos its so touching! I jus hope peter would tread carefully! Pls com n update sha! Thank you!
Thank you so much, ma'am. I'm glad you're enjoying the story.
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
It's been a long while I read something so professional and detailed on NL since Prettyspicey stopped posting on NL..... thanks LArrysun for this beautiful piece, following to the end.
Thank you, sir, for this comment. I learnt a lot from PrettySpicey. smiley

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Black and Basket......

I'm foreseeing unbeatable bond of friendship here. Only wish they had a different thing in common than petty thieving.

I strongly hope to see you on T.V. someday as a really successful writer.
Wow! Me on TV? You're an awesome lady, Kizzykeziah! And a brilliant writer, too. God bless you, ma'am. We'll both be successful in what we do. smiley
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
Psalmwise:
so 1st chapter jez finish....chai

chai...i love dis crime edition...just like prince of persia
The first chapter hasn't ended. It will soon be. wink
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Flakeey:

i ve been away for a while on official assignment.
fully back
shocked Flakeey! Wow! Where've you been? I've missed you so much! sad Thanks, Ezeigbo194, for bring her back. cheesy You're very welcome, Flakes! wink
Re: Black Maria by akejujoe(f): 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
zyzxx:
Apy birthday akejujoe
LLNP
Thanks zyzxx.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
seyitanhep1:
Black or basket. I like dammey better
Dammex! It's been a while, bro! You're welcome, my brother! cheesy
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
As usual, smoky piece grin..

Observation: Larry, don't you think the vocabularies you used in this last episode are quite huge for a boy of fifteen years?

Still, I follow...
You're right. I felt it when I was writing that part, but I couldn't stop myself. I'll have to revisit the dialogues. Thank you so much for the observation. This is where I'm missing my Ishilove. sad

God bless you, Sleek. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Black Maria by omotalkie(f): 9:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hmmmmmm...Getting more interesting by d day. Keep up d gud works.#RESPECT#
Re: Black Maria by LarrySun(m): 9:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
omotalkie:
Hmmmmmm...Getting more interesting by d day. Keep up d gud works.#RESPECT#
Thank you so much, ma'am. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (166) (Reply)

United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) / Tradition - A Story

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.