Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki (25973 Views)

Atiku's Daughter Weds In Yola. Tambuwal, Abdusalami, Bindow Attend / Photo Of Buhari, Obasanjo And Abdusalami At AU Assembly / Buhari, OBJ And Abdusalami In South Africa (realtime) - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Omooba77: 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday met behind closed-doors with a former Head of State, Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar (retd.), and a former South African President, Thabo Mbeki.

The meeting was held inside the President’s official residence inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

None of them spoke with journalists at the end of the parley.

The meeting however was not unconnected with preparations for the forthcoming general elections slated for March 18 and April 11.

It will be recalled that Abubakar is the chairman of the National Peace Committee for 2015 General Elections.

The former military leader had on Saturday met with the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, over the elections.

Others who attended the Saturday meeting were the service chiefs including the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Vice Marshal Alex Badeh; the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Suleiman Abba, and leadership of the major political parties.

The meeting also had in attendance the Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence Sa’ad Abubakar III; Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, John Cardinal Onaiyekan ; Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah; former Chief of General Staff, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe; Special Adviser to the President on Inter- Party Relations, Senator Ben Obi.

Abubakar might have used the opportunity of the Sunday meeting to brief the President of the outcome of the Saturday meeting.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-in-closed-door-meeting-with-abdusalami-mbeki/
Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by garsul: 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
It better not be about that interim government nonsense

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by seunlayi(m): 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
Abubakar is a man that really loves Nigeria he has no aim of going back to Aso Rock like GMB Agbaya Oloju kokoro

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by hungryboy(m): 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
If oga Jonah like make im arrange open door meeting with the pope,
that one no go make me waste my vote on am, #Otueke one way

145 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
hungryboy:
Hungryboy, whats up ? You get PVC ?

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by makzeze: 4:33pm On Mar 08, 2015
Fellow citizens,
I address you once again in the course of our nation's history. I am disillusioned, disenchanted, disturbed and disorganized by the magnitude and intensity of corruption exhibited by the Jonathan's administration. I am bold to say without reservations that the government of Gooduck Ebele Jonathan is the most corrupt in the history of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I give you reasons why any Nigeria who has got blood flowing through his vains and not kerosine should not commit the satanic sacrilage of voting for Jonathan or the PDP. These economic cankaworms, financial scavengers and national devourers have succeeded in rewinding our national life by 20 years. The anointing of Deziani Alision Madueke(Minister Of Petroleum) by president Jonathan as the untouchable, uncrowned Prime Minister of Nigeria elucidates the degree of the looting of national treasury. This massager of Mr president (Deziani) has been indicted by six(6) reports namely:
1- The Farouk Lawal Report
2- The Senate Report on Subsidy
3- KPMG Report on the oil sector
4- The Aik Imuokhode Report
5- The Ribadu Report
6- The NEITI Report
Despite all these indictments, the darling favourite of Mr president is every wednesday immaculately attired and cosmopolitantly fashioned in DIAMONDS attending the Federal Executive Council Meeting under the watchful eyes of an unperturbed and conquered president. Suffice me therefore to explain why the almighty petroleum ministry under Jonathan have niether minister of state or Special Adviser. FCT ministry as small as it is have a Minister of State. The same petroleum ministry under president Obasanjo had four(4) ministers namely:
The substantive Minister, the Minister of State, Minister of State Gas and Minister of State Energy. Yet with a special Adviser ( Late Alhaji Rilwan Lukman) today, Deziani is the alfa and omega in the petroleum industry and the national treasurer of PDP and the presidential campaign. Now with this massive inredeemable and record breaking looting of our common patrimony, who ia that sane Nigerian who support a man who on national TV defended his demented proposition that stealing is not corruption? Nigerians must come out of thier gullible cocoons and operate in an active mileau. Say NO to the man who meet dollar at #119 and today is #225. Vote out the man who petrol at #65 and is today sold for over #90. Resist the party that says 16 is great than 19. Sweep out the man who granted clemency to corrupt Nigerians and villified the honest. In 2010, lagos-Abuja by air is #15,000, today is #35,000 by Arik. Femi Fanikayode, Reuben Abati and Doyin Okupe should all learn from the experience of Labaran Maku. No amount of pacakaging, window dressing, boju-boju and bolekaja politics will redeem or sell rotten eggs. Good rediance to bad rubbish. Mr president, Otuoke by road, safe journey.

178 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by omenka(m): 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
Last time it was Morocan King. Now Mbeki.

I think this dude is trying to negotiate asylum for himself and his wife in an even Buhari is sworn in.

Otuoke wouldn't be safe enough for him.

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by peleson: 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
hungryboy:
Slave!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by hungryboy(m): 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
Billyonaire:
Hungryboy, whats up ? You get PVC ?
Oga i get Pvc oh, my Pvc sef dey tell me say na change im dey find

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by kheart(m): 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
Booked 4 bookin sake
Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by hungryboy(m): 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
peleson:

Slave!
Asari Dokubo is that u?

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
hungryboy:
Oga i get Pvc oh, my Pvc sef dey tell me say na change im dey find
Where is the PVC now ? Go and check it. Is it still there ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
omenka:
Last time it was Morocan King. Now Mbeki.

I think this dude is trying to negotiate asylum for himself and his wife in an even Buhari is sworn in.

Otuoke wouldn't be safe enough for him.

He already did with Ghana in case hell breaks out. The next five week is going to be interesting. Jonathan intends to flee Nigeria before May 29 if he loses the election. We could be looking at Head of States, Alex Badeh by April 15.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by hungryboy(m): 4:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
Billyonaire:
Where is the PVC now ? Go and check it. Is it still there ?
Im dey my pocket now, na sai buhari im dey talk

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
hungryboy:
Im dey my pocket now, na sai buhari im dey talk
Your front pocket or back pocket ?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
Closed door Dem don dey plan as dem go rig election abi? No worry, na otuoke you go still land, abeg which church im dey go tomorrow? grin

keep calm and vote Buhari
#I_Have_Decide
GMB 2015

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Mutuwa(m): 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
I DE FUEL QUE SHA...

HISTORY OF FUEL PRICE INCREASES IN NIGERIA

Gowon-1973: 6k to 8.45k
Murtala-1976: 8.45k to 9k
Obj-Oct 1,1978: 9k to 15.3k
Shagari-Apr 20,1982: 15.3k to 20k
Babangida-Mar 31, 86: 20k to 39.5k
Babangida-Apr 10, 1988: 39.5k to 42k
Babangida-Jan 1, 1989: 42k to 60k(Private Vehicles)
Babangida- Mar 6, 1991: 60k to70k
Shonekan(82 days in power)-Nov 8, 1993: 70k to #5
Abacha- Nov 22, 1993: #5 to #3.25k(price dropped)
Abacha-Oct 2, 1994: #3.25k to #15
Abacha-Oct 4, 1994: #15 to #11(price dropped)
Abubakar-Dec 20, 1998: #11 to#25
Abubakar-Jan 6,1999: #25 to20(price dropped)
Obj-June 1, 2000: #20 to #30
obj-June 8, 2000: #30 to #22(price drops)
Obj-Jan 1, 2002: #22 to #26
Obj-june, 2003: #26 to #42
Obj-May 29, 2004: #42 to 50
Obj-Aug 25, 2004: #50 to #65
Obj-May 27, 2007: #65 to #75
Yar' Adua-June, 2007: back to #65(price drops)
GEJ(New year present)-Jan 1,2012: #141 GEJ(Labour strike forced him)-Jan 17, 2012: #97
FROM GOWON TO JONATHAN BUHARI IS THE ONLY NIGERIAN LEADER THAT NEVER TOUCHED THE PRICE OF FUEL
YAR'ADUA was the only leader who did not increase, rather he
reduced the pump price from #75 to #65.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by ademega(m): 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
This man is afraid. Am sure he would have dreamt of life in prison more than twice in the course of this campaign. All his robots are just trying their best so that he won't die of hypertension before the election date.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Dannyset(m): 5:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
Trust Jonathan Gbagbo at ur peril.
He will do everything possible to remain in power. Abubakar has always bin part of the script. The introduction of Mbeki is what am yet to understand. But thank God for ICC. Gbagbo the 2nd is going to face the wrath of the world.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Maczeelly(m): 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
+CHANGE

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by yuzjet(m): 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
Kul! GEJ all d way!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Flets: 5:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
God bless Nigeria's best Presido

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by MzJackBaueress(f): 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ayo Oritsejafor the president of CAN was not even invited for the meeting. What a shame! The bling bling pastor has gone into hiding after the million dollars saga.

God bless Abdul Salam Abubakar for his role in saving our democracy.

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by ednut1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
how does dis compensate me. my live savings( 50k) has lost 25% of its purchasing power

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Firefire(m): 5:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
Happy deliberation

GEJ till 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by ismyheal75: 5:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
2[quote author=Omooba77 post=31425305][/quote]

No room for interim government, Oga Jonah and his people should get that into their heads now.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by obibankz(m): 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
Any day I woke up and remb dat Gej is still the C&C, it gives me joy to go and prosper, call him clueless while you that's cluemore is still beefing, d man is controlling, omo if been clueless is GEJ then that's my name, GEJ can hire and fire anything he prefer, so no checking, I wish everyone Goodluck this new week accept Asiwaju slaves, because they are born to be slaves, let's go out there this new week and prosper and become I boss, so we can hire and fire, STILL GEJ TILL 2019 kiss kiss grin

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Akshow: 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
k
Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Minet16(m): 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
H
Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by gimbagoodspeed: 5:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
Fellow citizens,
I address you once again in the course of our nation's history. I am disillusioned, disenchanted, disturbed and disorganized by the magnitude and intensity of corruption exhibited by the Jonathan's administration. I am bold to say without reservations that the government of Gooduck Ebele Jonathan is the most corrupt in the history of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I give you reasons why any Nigeria who has got blood flowing through his vains and not kerosine should not commit the satanic sacrilage of voting for Jonathan or the PDP. These economic cankaworms, financial scavengers and national devourers have succeeded in rewinding our national life by 20 years. The anointing of Deziani Alision Madueke(Minister Of Petroleum) by president Jonathan as the untouchable, uncrowned Prime Minister of Nigeria elucidates the degree of the looting of national treasury. This massager of Mr president (Deziani) has been indicted by six(6) reports namely:
1- The Farouk Lawal Report
2- The Senate Report on Subsidy
3- KPMG Report on the oil sector
4- The Aik Imuokhode Report
5- The Ribadu Report
6- The NEITI Report
Despite all these indictments, the darling favourite of Mr president is every wednesday immaculately attired and cosmopolitantly fashioned in DIAMONDS attending the Federal Executive Council Meeting under the watchful eyes of an unperturbed and conquered president. Suffice me therefore to explain why the almighty petroleum ministry under Jonathan have niether minister of state or Special Adviser. FCT ministry as small as it is have a Minister of State. The same petroleum ministry under president Obasanjo had four(4) ministers namely:
The substantive Minister, the Minister of State, Minister of State Gas and Minister of State Energy. Yet with a special Adviser ( Late Alhaji Rilwan Lukman) today, Deziani is the alfa and omega in the petroleum industry and the national treasurer of PDP and the presidential campaign. Now with this massive inredeemable and record breaking looting of our common patrimony, who ia that sane Nigerian who support a man who on national TV defended his demented proposition that stealing is not corruption? Nigerians must come out of thier gullible cocoons and operate in an active mileau. Say NO to the man who meet dollar at #119 and today is #225. Vote out the man who petrol at #65 and is today sold for over #90. Resist the party that says 16 is great than 19. Sweep out the man who granted clemency to corrupt Nigerians and villified the honest. In 2010, lagos-Abuja by air is #15,000, today is #35,000 by Arik. Femi Fanikayode, Reuben Abati and Doyin Okupe should all learn from the experience of Labaran Maku. No amount of pacakaging, window dressing, boju-boju and bolekaja politics will redeem or sell rotten eggs. Good rediance to bad rubbish. Mr president, Otuoke by road, safe journey.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by Kundagarten: 5:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
The boko haram king pin is about to be jailed for violence against nigeria.
Enough of Buhari violence.
Re: Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki by courage54(m): 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
If Jonathan like let him hold series of meeting with late Nelson Mandela, Yaradua and others. It won't still save him from been voted out on the 28 of march.

GEJ has been preaching of transformation and I begin to wonder the kind of transformation they are talking about.

What is the transformation agenda when the rate of dollar to naira is #220, what form of transformation are you guys talking about when young graduates are dying in recruitment centre for a government jobs they paid for? Maybe the kidnapping of the chimbok girls is GEJ style of transformation, what is transformation when you can't secure the life and property of the citizens you are leading? Maybe what GEJ mean by transformation agenda is the long queue in our filling stations, where fuel are been sold at a higher price. Government is about taking responsibility, so GEJ should take responsibility of the failure of his regime and stop blaming an innocent man for his cluelessness. According to General BUHARI he says and I quote "I take responsibility for whatever happened under my watch. I cannot change the past. But I can change the present and the future." So My people don't be deceive by those caricatures you see on TV they are all propagandas. Largest economy in Africa indeed and we can't boost of 400MW of electricity. You guys need to be calm and accept this change that is coming to Nigeria. It will be d dawn of a new beginning. #IHAVEDECIDED TO VOTE BUHARI/OSINBAJO

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-delta

25 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspended SGF Feigns Ignorance / Bola Ahmed Tinubu Sworn In As 16th Nigerian President / Admiral Ibas Launches Keel Of Nigeria's New Warship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.