Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army (12562 Views)

Asari Dokubo Flaunts Allegiance With Biafran Struggle / 12 Political Parties Pledge Allegiance To APC / Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Truepee(m): 6:23am On Mar 09, 2015
The Nigerian Army on Sunday said allegiance to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria by the wanted leader of the Boko Haram insurgents, Abubakar Shekau, could not safe him.

The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, in an interview on the Hausa service of the British Broadcasting Corporation monitored in Maiduguri, said the entire nation, especially citizens living in the troubled North-East zone, needed not to be afraid that Shekau’s allegiance to the ISIS terrorist group would mean a renewed reign of terror.

Usman said the military was in control of the situation in the North-East.

Shekau’s allegiance to ISIS was contained in an audio clip posted on his Twitter account on Saturday.

“With or without allegiance to ISIS, the days of Shekau has already been numbered, because all the insurgents’ training camps and hideouts in the affected North-East have been destroyed, while the terrorists have been routed from their camps and hideouts; and those who have escaped our “condone and search operations” in the Sambisa Forest and the Lake Chad Basin Areas, are on the run, abandoning their operational vehicles, arms and ammunitions,” Usman said.

He said that the Boko Haram’s allegiance to ISIS was meant to cause more “fears and terror” among Nigerian citizens, because the modus operandi of insurgents, are also similar to the Islamic fundamentalists in some Middle East countries.”

“Shekau’s public allegiance to IS clearly indicates that he may surrender or be killed in the ongoing joint military operations of Nigeria and three neighbouring countries of Chad, Cameroon and Niger,” Usman said.

Meanwhile, a security expert, Max Gbanite, has described the allegiance by Boko Haram to the ISIS as a sign of desperation and an indication that the deadly sect is in the throes of death.

Gbanite, in a telephone interview from the United States on Sunday, said that Boko Haram’s call to ISIS was an attempt to lure northern youths from affluent homes schooling in Malaysia and other places into its fold.

He noted that the deadly sect was seeking for recognition by ISIS because it had lost credibility with Al-Qaeda, which condemned it for abducting the Chibok schoolgirls in April, 2014.

Gbanite said, “Their (Boko Haram) pledge is a desperate attempt to be recognised by ISIS and to entice young northern Nigerians from affluent homes like Ibrahim Uwais and the young Abdulmutallab and others schooling in Malaysia into their fold.

“Already, they have foreign boots from Central African Republic, Chad, Niger and Mali. Federal Government must continue to pound and pound until they are annihilated.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/shekaus-allegiance-to-isis-changes-nothing-nigerian-army/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by temitemi1(m): 6:27am On Mar 09, 2015
Yes oooo! More dead to the monsters!! GEJ till 2019!!!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Lobolintin(m): 6:28am On Mar 09, 2015
Front page...
Now or ....
With immediate effect...
Before APC e-rats comes hia

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by drsteroid(m): 6:33am On Mar 09, 2015
He will definitely be smoked out..kudos 2 NA

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Moloso(m): 6:33am On Mar 09, 2015
yea,..kill them all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by TI1919(m): 6:35am On Mar 09, 2015
My God never fail

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by knuckbuck(m): 6:36am On Mar 09, 2015
Boko Haram, ISIS/ISIL, Al Quaeda etc are all the same thing in different parts of the world. They all want the same thing and that is the establishment of Islamic Caliphate. They have been one since day one. They gain local support till they become too powerful for the locals and then the locals call for help. Boko Haram and the North comes to mind.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by orobs93(m): 6:38am On Mar 09, 2015
I trust you guys but I don't trust ur leaders I rather trust idriss deby than jonathan

12 Likes

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Kennywills7(m): 6:46am On Mar 09, 2015
Soon Shakau will b capture and all his followers and sympathisers will b no where to b found

Kudos to d military men and women involved in dis fight

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Oklander: 6:46am On Mar 09, 2015
I hope so, but there must be a reason for their coming out for such proclamation at this time, Naija Army should watch out and not overlook the proclaimed allegiance.

4 Likes

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Oklander: 6:47am On Mar 09, 2015
[s]
knuckbuck:
Boko Haram, ISIS/ISIL, Al Quaeda etc are all the same thing in different parts of the world. They all want the same thing and that is the establishment of Islamic Caliphate. They have been one since day one. They gain local support till they become too powerful for the locals and then the locals call for help. Boko Haram and the North comes to mind.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Vicotex(m): 6:48am On Mar 09, 2015
Apc your pet new alliance changes nothing, NA will send em all to the 72virgins.
#NeverAgain

5 Likes

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by PassingShot(m): 6:48am On Mar 09, 2015
BH's pledge to ISIS is for tactical survival. They know they are going down already and as such need every help they can get.

However, our military in cooperation with Niger, Chad and Cameroon must do quick to sniff these bastards out. If they give them breathing space, they will get well integrated in ISIS and get the support they crave for. We cannot afford them the time they need.

4 Likes

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Vicotex(m): 6:49am On Mar 09, 2015
orobs93:
I trust you guys but I don't trust ur leaders I rather trust idriss deby than jonathan
Jonathan do not need your trust before he will send you and your pet to those 72 imaginary virgins

11 Likes

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Vicotex(m): 6:51am On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:
This claim remains to be seen and proved.
and those aboki fighting for the sake of 72virgins shall die by FIRE, IJN

3 Likes

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by PassingShot(m): 6:53am On Mar 09, 2015
Vicotex:
and those aboki fighting for the sake of 72virgins shall die by FIRE, IJN

Amen In sha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by SOBSISRAEL(m): 6:59am On Mar 09, 2015
Yes. Never again .

Jamb starts 2morrow.
To pass easily and be confident in the exam hall contact me on 09033976204 for JAMB CBT tips and things you need to know with Jamb revelation a day before you exam.
NB. Whatsapp or call me on 09033976204
Help urself, friends, enemies, mum, dad, cousin be preaching this Jamb Gospel to them
Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by orobs93(m): 7:00am On Mar 09, 2015
Vicotex:
Jonathan do not need your trust before he will send you and your pet to those 72 imaginary virgins

See ur life..I fit bet say ur fence is as high as a prison wall,i can bet you slept in darkness and terrible heat or you were busy calculating how much fuel you will consume tru out the night...I believe u are ignoring ur relatives becus u cannot help them as you want.i believe you wish you had a better job...I believe you wish ur parents are be taken care of by a good government,i believe you wished you can get to ur work very early without any hold up...as usual I don't attack personalities I deal with facts...so if u like insult me..and I will always tell u d truth and u must knw jonathan is my brother nor b only u like am.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Vicotex(m): 7:06am On Mar 09, 2015
[s]
orobs93:

See ur life..I fit bet say ur fence is as high as a prison wall,i can bet you slept in darkness and terrible heat or you were busy calculating how much fuel you will consume tru out the night...I believe u are ignoring ur relatives becus u cannot help them as you want.i believe you wish you had a better job...I believe you wish ur parents are be taken care of by a good government,i believe you wished you can get to ur work very early without any hold up...as usual I don't attack personalities I deal with facts...so if u like insult me..and I will always tell u d truth and u must knw jonathan is my brother nor b only u like am.
[/s]mumu dey there dey wish make buhari come beg you to look for job.
Odoyo like you wey go sitdown cross leg and hand dey wait make GEJ come carry work give you.

Tbh dem need to overhaull your brain

8 Likes

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by PedroJP(m): 7:06am On Mar 09, 2015
Better response, not these foreign media that make it seem BH allegiance to ISIS is a hell let lose on Nigeria. That allegiance matters little or not at all in their imminent downfall.

Never again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by MOG1D1: 7:07am On Mar 09, 2015
We will continue to destroy terrorist and their sponsors. If the muslims in the Nigerian army refuse to fight bokoharam, we use the services of Chad, Cameroon, Niger.

GEJ must defeat buko hari and his boko haram.
[size=15pt]GEJ 2019[/size]

Watch Buhari in the coming days lambaste the army for being "too hard" on boko haram

5 Likes

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by ruudnisterooy1(m): 7:07am On Mar 09, 2015
It should be a concern!

It seems many here are underrating ISIS and the wonders this alleged alliance could work for Boko. ISIS is a far more powerful, far more influential terrorist network than what Boko Haram is.

And we already know the mayhem these cows in human form(Boko. H) have wrought in the North.

With all the connection, influence and money ISIS possess, an alliance with Boko. H shouldn't be take lightly AT ALL!

I think someone from Cameroon was telling us that Boko Haram recruits everyday. Now that's not good news. Coupled with this alleged alliance with ISIS. It then means the NA have to re-double their efforts.

This could turn into a long-drawn war, if the NA are not calculative and brutally ruthless. And more crucially, they need support, adequate support. Otherwise they'll be fighting a lost cause.

God will bless their effort and give them Victory, for the sake of a country he beautifully created! That's our only hope.

2 Likes

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by holatin(m): 7:07am On Mar 09, 2015
WTF do you know who the isis are ?

sophosticatated weapon, bad connection, money.

Abeg pls don't underage them d way gbagbo ebele Jonathan dey underestimate boko haram at first.
those people are x10 of boko haram.

may God win this war for us
Nigeria will survive this bad time in the hand of boko haram and GEJ.
Nigeria will be better.

#change
#buhari4change

2 Likes

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by pekeyim: 7:07am On Mar 09, 2015
Catch the SheCow and roast him
Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by gameboy727(m): 7:07am On Mar 09, 2015
Yeah, it doesn't.

#killthemall.
Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by biggerboyc(m): 7:08am On Mar 09, 2015
why GEJ will not win the next election is explain in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc5TOjxtOkE
Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by SafetyFirst(m): 7:09am On Mar 09, 2015
I see
Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 09, 2015
So true.because what has ISIS been doing that BH hasn't done..

Nothing new,its a coward way to distract attention,and make the coward jittery.

I trust our military,ISIS,and BH will be flushed out..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by ohenhen1: 7:11am On Mar 09, 2015
We need to order

1. 150 fighter jets
2. 200 T90 tanks
3. 40 more attack helicopters

Hopefully our defense budget will get more funding.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Tymax(m): 7:12am On Mar 09, 2015
Where are the fools who said BH is sponsored by the opposition? BH is the birth child of PDP'S negligence. Now they have joined forces with another deadly group. This government is lazy.

Why did they allow this sore to fester?
Re: Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army by Achilies(m): 7:12am On Mar 09, 2015
A desperate cry for help...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gani Adams Dragged Before Efcc Over Financial Malpractice-national Mirror / Fayose: I Don’t Criticise Fayemi So He Won’t Claim I Distracted Him To Perform / 7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.