Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (62508 Views)

President Goodluck Jonathan and Corruption - Femi Orebe / President Jonathan And Comedian Bovi Smile At Each Other (Photo) / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by horlabiyi(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2015
Well
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by igbsam(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2015
I know yoruba obas to bless with their feather like staff, and they cast away with their staff. I don't know this particular one jona is receiving o

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by maestroferddi: 11:42am On Mar 09, 2015
Senseless question!

The people of hate and spite are ready to contradict African culture to promote a futile agenda.

A staff is the epitome/embodiment of power in African culture.

Have these ignorant folks promoting mischief heard of "the staff of office"?

God help the agents of division and hate!

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Ahmeduana(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2015
bilms:
GEJ 2015: BLESSING OR CURSE?

Yoruba Oba's don't bless someone by pointing their staff at the person. When a staff of an Oba is pointed at someone, that is a curse.

THIS IS HOW YORUBA OBA'S BLESS..SPOT THE DIFFERENCE.

SO, IT IS RIGHT TO SAY OBA'S HAVE CURSED GEJ?
MR MAN DID YOU KNOW WHAT IS CALLED opa ashe IN YORUBA LAND?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by ifoundmyperfect: 11:42am On Mar 09, 2015
Hmm... All I can see are long magic wands ready to cast an evil spell.. Strangely, the victim appears pleased... Sick world...

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by klins4213(m): 11:43am On Mar 09, 2015
Initiation has started..e never do you?
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by abdul4new(m): 11:43am On Mar 09, 2015
GEJ THE DESPERADO, ANY THING TO RETAIN ASO ROCK, BUT POWER BELONG TO GOD

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Ayanko(m): 11:43am On Mar 09, 2015
That is how The gods blesses its by staff of office.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Manred0(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2015
GeneralBosco:
grin
Jonathan no just get any sense
ur head dey dere, d man jst dey act lyk mumu averi day

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Mynd44: 11:45am On Mar 09, 2015
Ahmeduana:

I agree. Those are walking staffs and not Opa Ase but still.....Obas do not bless with their staffs......something else is at play here

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by nortcentrallord(m): 11:45am On Mar 09, 2015
In both cases, they where pointing staff of office. In one case,the number was more.

When a king blesses and prays for a fellow king, the scenario is different from when a king blesses a child or his subject.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Adyrin(m): 11:46am On Mar 09, 2015
Who God bless no man can curse!

GEJ till 2019

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by bishopjoe02(m): 11:47am On Mar 09, 2015
Staff of authority can either be use to curse or bless. .
depending on what on the king mind and what comes out of their mouth doing the ceremony.

The two pictures show kings pointing or placing a staff of authority on someone. what will determine if it is a curse or blessing is what comes out of their mouth.

even the Bible say life and death are in the power of the mouth.
Because of the numerous number of kings present doing Jonathan's blessing its totally impossible to place the staff of authority on him.

Open your eyes guys..

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tony1918(m): 11:47am On Mar 09, 2015
I will not completely blame GEJ on this one Cuz he knows less about the culture..But will blame the likes of Mimiko, FFK, Fayose and all his yoruba cabinet who saw this and cand cant differentiate between been blessed and culture..Oga Jonah if you will win this election shot FFK and okupes mouth..Tell that Area boy Fayose not to make any advertorial post

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by free2ryhme: 11:47am On Mar 09, 2015
bilms:
GEJ 2015: BLESSING OR CURSE?

Yoruba Oba's don't bless someone by pointing their staff at the person. When a staff of an Oba is pointed at someone, that is a curse.

THIS IS HOW YORUBA OBA'S BLESS..SPOT THE DIFFERENCE.

SO, IT IS RIGHT TO SAY OBA'S HAVE CURSED GEJ?

they are playing who is in the garden cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by IamforGod: 11:47am On Mar 09, 2015
Sai buhari! For the record am supporting buhari cos I dnt av a choice. They are all thesame just that buhari is better.

Ladies! Check out www.tounaj..com on instagram check @tounajstore. Thank me later. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Mynd44: 11:47am On Mar 09, 2015
nortcentrallord:
In both cases, they where pointing staff of office. In one case,the number was more.

When a king blesses and prays for a fellow king, the scenario is different from when a king blesses a child or his subject.
No Oba points his staff at another Oba. Not even his walking staff.

Are they trying to start a war?

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by mulattoclaro(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2015
Apc and its supporters disgust me. They make me sick to my stomach. Must you fools read meanings into everything? I begin to wonder whether some of you were brought into this world through anal sex. Buhari is not half the man president Gej is and will ever be. At 72 he has absolutely nothing to offer Nigerians. A man who failed as a military head of state will surely fail as a civilian president. He's a serial loser. Apc as a party should be auctioned and the money realized from its auction,should be used to feed the beggars and almajiris in Daura, Osun state where tinubu comes from and Rivers state where driver general Amaechi comes from. My 1000 cowries opinion.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by realborn(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2015
@ Post,

In saner climes, during re-election campaign, incumbents use the opportunity to visit areas and zones where they have made the most impact in their first terms.

In Nigeria, our incumbent President uses the future English tense of "I will do". In the absence of any notable project outside the FCT he can only rely on any symbolic element of pre-election goodwill which some citizens have alleged are heavily being paid for.

Whether they are cursing or praying for him, he would definitely not know. At this junction, I assume his mind was on the next set of supposed influential trado-religious entities he would be visiting next for the repeat of a similar pasquinade.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Deltagiant: 11:48am On Mar 09, 2015
As a non Yoruba, it is difficult to figure the import of pointing wooden staff to someone in an occassion like this. But i have the impression that the rites were proper as there were elderly Yorubas in GEJ's delegation that would have resisted any thing contrary to the norms. No cause for alarm!

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by helphelp: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2015
GEJ is less concerned about the Yoruba culture.

If he were enlightened enough, he would have corrected the Obas, but he needed the show more than the prayers or curses.

Well, vote not fight still

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Adyrin(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2015
That's their staff of office and its W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t govt recognizes to pay them!
So in ♍γ̲̣̣ very opinion, I will say its their point of contact from govt being used to being used to bless him in return.
Mynd44:

I agree. Those are walking staffs and not Opa Ase but still.....Obas do not bless with their staffs......something else is at play here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by adioolayi(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2015
Pointing walking staff when dem no be mosses....was wondering too.
#GEJ have to do cleansing inside the red sea to get liberated from their spell ;Dpointing walking staff when dem no be mosses....was wondering too.
#GEJ have to do cleansing inside the red sea to get liberated from their spell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tony1918(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2015
Ahmeduana:

Man opa ashe is far different from walking staff opa ashe is shorter and its always handy but what you see is called opa itele

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:50am On Mar 09, 2015
See multiple curses

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by otemanuduno: 11:50am On Mar 09, 2015
I don't get it. Is that guy kneeling down in the middle of a mob with 'turning stick' to break his head or what? Pls someone quote and enlighten me grin

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Mynd44: 11:51am On Mar 09, 2015
Adyrin:
That's their staff of office and its W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t govt recognizes to pay them!
So in ♍γ̲̣̣ very opinion, I will say its their point of contact from govt being used to being used to bless him in return.
If you say so...

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by dre11(m): 11:51am On Mar 09, 2015
I know they use Opa ase to make a pronouncement on someone

But those are walking stick and not Opa ase
Opa ase is longer than this because its used to send message to another person showing that it has the Oba seal
And its sometimes house the Oba crown at the top.

So what the Oba are holding is not Opa ase but their walking stick

GEJ has being scammed

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 09, 2015
Nawao.........mixing church, mosque, tradition altogether.....l taya for naija politicians, who even know wetin dem take touch that stick b4 dem point it on him ........na him sabi jawe, make l drink my kunu and pepsi......

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 09, 2015
The pic b lyk say, dem won gada beat hell comot 4 him destiny...
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Olaolufred(m): 11:52am On Mar 09, 2015
angrybird007:
They are cursing him so that

OUR GENERAL CAN WIN grin

#but to be serious ppl lov scamming GEJ since 1880bc mayb because he's clueless cry

IT IS SO GLARING THAT EBELLE IS A REKNOWNED MUMU.

HIS LADIES MINISTERS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIS MUMUISM.

HIS SPECIAL AND NON-ADVISERS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIS MUMUISM.

HIS POLITICAL STOOGES TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIS MUMUISM.

OPC TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIS MUMUISM.

OBAS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIS MUMUISM.

ALMOST ANYONE SEEMS SMATTER THAN EBELLE.

DESPERATION TURNS HIM INTO THIS.

SMH.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Cammo: 11:52am On Mar 09, 2015
They were blessing him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buratai Takes A Selfie With His Pet, A Snake / Benue Indigenes React To Nnamdi Kanu's "No Biafra Without Rivers & Benue" Talk / IPOB Finance Headquarters Is In France - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.