Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (62525 Views)

President Goodluck Jonathan and Corruption - Femi Orebe / President Jonathan And Comedian Bovi Smile At Each Other (Photo) / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by shadrach77: 2:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
bilms:
GEJ 2015: BLESSING OR CURSE?

Yoruba Oba's don't bless someone by pointing their staff at the person. When a staff of an Oba is pointed at someone, that is a curse.

THIS IS HOW YORUBA OBA'S BLESS..SPOT THE DIFFERENCE.

SO, IT IS RIGHT TO SAY OBA'S HAVE CURSED GEJ?

@OP, you are very silly and you will never do well. In yorubaland, that staff they are holding is called "opa ase" which means "staff of office" or "staff of authority". They can bless or curse by using the staff. The horse tail (irukere) is just a mere insignia. It's not a symbol of office since it is held by mere chiefs also. May you never do well for misleading the forum
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by klax(m): 2:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
Point of correction to those who call this action a curse it's not a curse nor blessing it depend on what they are saying when pouting the staff on to him ok So it goes either way get that fact. Or can't you see the horse tail placed on his head and shoulder is that a curse too APC go find job to do and f u c k off. He who God do not curse 1 million APC can not curse him.

Ever before I used not to support Gej but because of Tifnubu, Amaechi, Buhari, Atinu, El Rural and Mr Lai lair dangerous assault on Nigeria image just to get rid Gej off the Aso Rock made me dumped their deceptive satanic party(apc) and destroy their membership card and support Gej and not PDP.

All I know Gej will finish his second only what I don't know is may be under PDP or not but either these barbarian energy of freedom called apc like it or not 2019 is the vacancy in Aso Rock. Waiting for their harsh respond as usual I know they will start cursing now like a lost dogs guys just watch their reaction to my post truth annoys them like mad.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Alimtoheeb(m): 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
If u are omo yoruba, u must know that dis ppl don curse GEJ, how many of u watch APOTI ERI, dats how d king curse someone in d film, i sight dis example for some that may not believe....seriously, it is unfair i swear, cus i know that anywhere GEJ go, he goes with money, which means that they just collect his money nd still curse him....this shows that everybody want change....
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by aariwa(m): 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
Olaolufred:

IT IS SO GLARING THAT EBELLE IS A REKNOWNED MUMU.

HIS LADIES MINISTERS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIS MUMUISM.

HIS SPECIAL AND NON-ADVISERS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIS MUMUISM.

HIS POLITICAL STOOGES TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIS MUMUISM.

OPC TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIS MUMUISM.

OBAS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIS MUMUISM.

ALMOST ANYONE SEEMS SMATTER THAN EBELLE.

DESPERATION TURNS HIM INTO THIS.

SMH.
U NEVA MENTIONED APC WHO ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF HIS MUMUISM.DID YOU SEE THE SMILE AND CONFIDENCE ON BUHARI'S FACE.HE IS NOW ALMOST 80 PERCENT SURE OF VICTORY UNLIKE WHEN OBJ WAS IN POWER
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by annylove(f): 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
Whom God has blessed no man can curse.God has already blessed GEJ so whatever they ar doing is irrelevant.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by dee1wolex(m): 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
angelo82:
You should know this is the usual way of forcing blessings on someone who is not blessed......You will have to use Epe but that doesn't mean he won't get the positive result..........They can't bless him through the normal way because it won't work as the man might have committed a lot of atrocities unknown to ordinary human being.....So they are cursing him just to bless him by force..........

the craze wey dey ur head pass my own shocked grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Rexyl(m): 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
They say there is power in tongue. With the staff of office in their hands and pointing at Gej, it's like they are binding what they are saying with authority.

Some say the kings are blessing, some say they are cursing. But it would be difficult for leaders to publicly display ignorance.

If they are blessing, it's for what cause, and if they are cursing, It's to achieve what? They are not the masterminds of insurgence in Nigeria, they too want it's complete eradication before the period of elections, so why should they curse their country?
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Olaolufred(m): 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
aariwa:
U NEVA MENTIONED APC WHO ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF HIS MUMUISM.DID YOU SEE THE SMILE AND CONFIDENCE ON BUHARI'S FACE.HE IS NOW ALMOST 80 PERCENT SURE OF VICTORY UNLIKE WHEN OBJ WAS IN POWER

[size=14pt]O MA SE O.

THIS SHOELESS GUY MESSED HIMSELF UP.

NOT THAT I LIKE BUHARI. THE WOEFUL RESULT OF EBELLE WHO SUCCESFULLY DROVE NAIRA FROM 155/DOLLAR TO 220/DOLLAR

FORCED ME INTO LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE.

IT IS ANYONE BUT EBELLE.

SAI BUHARI.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 2:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
Foolish set of ppl carrying gossip. D staff in yourba land is the epitome of power it means if it is used to bless or curse any one then power follows the blessing or curse. GEJ is been blessed here.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by femigeisha: 2:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
Why won't they rain curses on the clueless man, how dare you sit in the presence of an oba with your CAP on let alone being in the midst of obas..
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by isan(m): 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
angelo82:
You should know this is the usual way of forcing blessings on someone who is not blessed......You will have to use Epe but that doesn't mean he won't get the positive result..........They can't bless him through the normal way because it won't work as the man might have committed a lot of atrocities unknown to ordinary human being.....So they are cursing him just to bless him by force..........
grin yur reply got me rolling on d floor with laughter cheesy cheesy
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by nwaanambra1(m): 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
omenka:
Hehehe.

Everybody's been making a fool of this man since the days of yore.

Now the Wise Men have taken their own turn cursing him while he pays them handsomely for their curses.

Jona has boarded the proverbial "one chance" bus in the SW. His fate in that region is sealed.

So is it in the entire north.

Let's sit back and watch how he gets re-elected using only votes from the SE. cheesy

BIA OMENKA U HIGH? WHICH SOUTH EAST? U THINK SAY MY LABOUR NA IN VAIN? HIM GO RECEIVE THE RUDE SHOCK OF HIS LIFE FROM SOUTH EASTERN VOTERS! WATCH AND SEE! angry
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by timunstopable: 2:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
maestroferddi:
Senseless question!

The people of hate and spite are ready to contradict African culture to promote a futile agenda.

A staff is the epitome/embodiment of power in African culture.

Have these ignorant folks promoting mischief heard of "the staff of office"?

God help the agents of division and hate!

When u don't know just keep shut or ask those that know

that is not staff of office (opa ase) that is opa ileke staff with beads

opa ase is used in blessing or cursing while opa ileke doesnt carry any form of authority

also if a king wants to bless with opa ase he holds it to the ground in this case they didnt

they knew wht they were doing

these are diabolical pple

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Forwetinnah: 2:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:
In yorubaland, our obas don't use their " opa"(walking stick) in blessing someone.

It is either they use " irukere" (horsetail) or their "opa ase" (staff)

And are those "walking sticks" or staff of office??
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
No Oba's prayer can make my vote count for omo ijo(Jonathan)...
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by timunstopable: 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
cjudy:
APC robots, can I tell u something? GEJ is a Christian and he believes in "Who God has blessed, no man can Curse". if na lie ask 2face
A christian that sat down and allow obas to use diabolical means to pray for him

the bible says he that breaks the edge the serpent will bite

he is on his own
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Ninilowo(m): 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
Yoruba dobale, inu e losho.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
If the monarchs where placing curses on him, then yorubas should be ashamed for having cowards as monarchs who can't look into the eyes of the supposedly clueless one and place a direct curse on him rather than relying on camouflaged moves. I am neither a GEJ nor a GMB fan but truth be told our religious and traditional leaders are unnecessarily heating up the polity.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by larek14: 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
For someone that moves from church to church needing validation by Christ and Christians, what is he looking for with the Ogbonis of Yorubaland? Shows he is ready to dine with the devil to maintain the status quo.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Chigold101(m): 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:
In yorubaland, our obas don't use their " opa"(walking stick) in blessing someone.

It is either they use " irukere" (horsetail) or their "opa ase" (staff)
you are the only “wise“ living yoruba man abi?
There is no yoruba person in GEJ‘s team abi?

If all the Obas & Igwes & Emirs lay curse on a man, dont you know that the gods will decide to look on that person with sympathy & decide to favour the person instead?

But am sure the Obas wont be cursing GEJ, the blessed him just as Emirs in Bornu south are blessing him.

None of u can pit GEJ against the traditional stool at this point...
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by soulfood(m): 3:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
OH BUOY...YOU JUST GAVE ME AN AWESOME LAUGHTER THIS AFTERNOON. GOD BLESS YOU GOOD.
gen2briz:
See has him sit down like dummy dey receive curse untop him desperate
urge for power.

But GEJ has to press for full refund.. FFK should explain the meaning of
what the oba's did to him.

This na pure scam
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Chigold101(m): 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
omenka:
Hehehe.

Everybody's been making a fool of this man since the days of yore.

Now the Wise Men have taken their own turn cursing him while he pays them handsomely for their curses.

Jona has boarded the proverbial "one chance" bus in the SW. His fate in that region is sealed.

So is it in the entire north.

Let's sit back and watch how he gets re-elected using only votes from the SE. cheesy
well i know you are not a yoruba so i wont tell you anything. But surprises await you after may 29 2015.

GMB neglated the SE in 2011, he never campaigned in SE & he knows where that left him.

Wht GEJ need is 25% of total valied votes cast in 24states to continue as our president. Dont ever forget that okay...
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by itstpia8: 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
angelo82:

hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by itstpia8: 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
larek14:
For someone that moves from church to church needing validation by Christ and Christians, what is he looking for with the Ogbonis of Yorubaland?

seeing ewu osan is never a good thing.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by itstpia8: 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
Chigold101:

its highly doubtful there is any sound Yoruba on his team.

Probably "Nollywood Yorubas" are on his team, no offence, just saying it as it is.

in any case, can you name any culture where pointing the bottom of (insert something here) at somebody, is regarded as a positive action?
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Rilwayne001: 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
Chigold101:

No

Of course, there are yoruba peeps on his team, but they are probably those that are after his money i.e their share of 21billion. I see no reason why any sane yoruba person should support his reelection for his govrnment never recognise the SW until this period of election.

If all the Obas & Igwes & Emirs lay curse on a man, dont you know that the gods will decide to look on that person with sympathy & decide to favour the person instead?
Thats nonsense.

Infact, we yorubas dont care whether they rain curse of bless him, that can never have any impact on our decision. We have decided and no 'onijekuje' can change our mind.

But am sure the Obas wont be cursing GEJ, the blessed him just as Emirs in Bornu south are blessing him.

His achievement should be the prerequisite for his campaign and not going from one oba to the other in search for blessing and endorsement.

Furthermore, the obas are not going to decide who we want, our thumbprint will decide on March28.

None of u can pit GEJ against the traditional stool at this point...

Only dimwits will rubbish the fact portrayed in the OP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by neocortex: 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2015
So many ignorant post on this thread from those who understand nothing about the Yoruba culture.
The OP made some conjecture about the meaning of a traditional practice and some people in their warped minds made themself authority on the subject.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Chigold101(m): 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
Mynd44:

I agree. Those are walking staffs and not Opa Ase but still.....Obas do not bless with their staffs......something else is at play here
all the yorubas on this thread who are making mockry of yoruba traditional stool by saying GEJ is being cursed by the Obas & that the Obas have duped GEJ, it only means they are trying to confirm & justify what is believed in some quarters that yorubas can not be trusted. That they say something else & when they mean another thing.

Sometimes when we make some statements in the name of politics we wont know when we mess ourselves up.

But thank GOD that these Obas are custodians of TRUTH & LOVE not hate. They understand what it means to be upright. They will never curse a man who has done them no wrong pretending to be blessing him.

In my culture when a truely titled man swindles another person “chukwuana“ will strike the man dead. Because chukwuana does not take it lightly when someone who is wearing the titled cap use it to usup power.

If any Igwe, Obi or Eze plays trick on his subject. Chukwuana will not have mercy nor pity that Igwe, Obi or Eze.

So yorubas that are commenting on this thread disgracing their Obas should go ahead.

But all of u should remember that there life after these politricks & politrics season.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by sylve11: 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
Phrankin:
So what you are saying in effect is that the obas are cowards and backstabbers who can't look someone in the face and tell them their mind. Instead they hide behind symbolic gestures while pretending to be your friend.

they are known for that. cool

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by soulfood(m): 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Good news for artistes. Mynaijadj offering free promotion of new songs on DJ mix. Only requirement is they must be meaningful and very good. So send in your new song now and have it on our mix by top DJs.

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by redsun(m): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
Gej! He sometimes thinks he is in otakara(kindergarten) class.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by odehme: 3:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
So what were they doing. Leadership is about staff of office. what a rare blessing to be blessed in that way. the fact is that both r receiving blessings but that with d sword is of a higher order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix / IPOB Finance Headquarters Is In France - Lai Mohammed / Sheikh Ibrahim Zak'zaky's House Destroyed By The Army - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.