Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (62526 Views)

President Goodluck JonathanĀ and Corruption - Femi Orebe / President Jonathan And Comedian Bovi Smile At Each Other (Photo) / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
linusbnn:

You know more than the Obas on how to place their staff wen blessing or cursing some1 ba? Nonsense undecided
I don't exchange words with cows....
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by wasuka14(m): 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
Many ppl has forget d story of Jona in d Bible n Koran! When d boat they enter wit jona abt to sink d elders meet n discover Its jona dt caused it. What do dey do to dt jona then

With my PVC intact dis jona is nt going to be cast into d river but, be send back to O T U O K E. Let #March4Buhari28

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Ryabcool(m): 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Apc and its supporters disgust me. They make me sick to my stomach. Must you fools read meanings into everything? I begin to wonder whether some of you were brought into this world through anal sex. Buhari is not half the man president Gej is and will ever be. At 72 he has absolutely nothing to offer Nigerians. A man who failed as a military head of state will surely fail as a civilian president. He's a serial loser. Apc as a party should be auctioned and the money realized from its auction,should be used to feed the beggars and almajiris in Daura, Osun state where tinubu comes from and Rivers state where driver general Amaechi comes from. My 1000 cowries opinion.
like cowries in today's monetary system, your opinion is totally useless. Thanks for filling up the space though wink
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by mulattoclaro(m): 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ryabcool:
like cowries in today's monetary system, your opinion is totally useless. Thanks for filling up the space though wink
like cowries in today's monetary system too, you're an opinionated ignoramus and a disenfranchised congenital scallywag. Thanks for exhibiting your mediocrity though wink.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tartar9(m): 4:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
see how him sit down dey smile,for him mind I dey receive blessings
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Ryabcool(m): 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
mulattoclaro:
like cowries in today's monetary system too, you're an opinionated ignoramus and a disenfranchised congenital scallywag. Thanks for exhibiting your mediocrity though wink.
lol! All these insults because I didn't find any sense in your post. It must really hurt to be as dumb as you. I won't even bother answering you anymore. You are in way over your head and your long grammar(that I doubt you even know the meaning) will have no standing if I decide to engage you. But, I honestly don't have time. So, trot along now. God bless you wink
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by cg053: 4:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
Yoruba Obas do bless with Horse whip (Irukere) but curse with d staff (Opa Ase)
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by carboblanko(m): 5:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
ZackiGp:

My friend take it easy, what you just typed is not the the bone of contention here. Look at the pictures again and comment on the thread accordingly.
Upper cut. Guy,this your reply na die. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by InHim4Him(m): 5:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nigerians love politicizing everything and sometimes make fun of serious issues. If as is being claimed that the obas are cursing Jonathan when they are supposed to be blessing him, what is there to celebrate?. This should rather be an opportunity to demand the change we want. These are supposed to be leaders of thought. Is it right, for goodness sake, that people are here celebrating what they call scam instead of rebuking it and revelling in another man's perceived misfortune? What a nation? SMH!
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by lollybee15(m): 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
Little did he know that they were cursing him by doing this. He thinks he can fool us in South West.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by emmatok(m): 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
Those are not OBAs, they're Baales.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Rexyl(m): 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
lollybee15:
Little did he know that they were cursing him by doing this. He thinks he can fool us in South West.

Who is really fooling who in SW? Jonathan pdp and his cabinet, corrupt powers that be in States and their parties, pdp or apc?
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Hitunnu(f): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nawa ooo Desparado don reach this level. Can't stop laughing.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by itstpia8: 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
I think his intention was not necessarily to ridicule himself, but rather to ridicule the obas and yorubas in general.

He's been in this pose a gazillion times, there is nothing new about it, what's new is his location and company.

Hence the dichotomy we're seeing here.

he was trying to pull a fast one on the obas, they also pulled a fast one on him in return.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tswitch: 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
Whoever created this thread did not watch the clip or just fabricated the sensational story for mischievous gains and to mislead people.

Oba Sijuade said "...We are going to perfom a rite we only perform for those that are our own,Mr. President sit on that chair..." That was when all Obas stood up with their staffs of office to face him. (All after Mauzu's elaborate speech).
Channels TV and NTAi showed the complete clip yesterday evening much to my indignation I might add.

Ordinary people (at least not as important as Goodluck) are ones blessed by the horsetail all over Nigeria.

OP in case you are not aware Ooni is a card carrying member of the PDP and is one of the richest monarchs of our time and his daughter Princess Sijuade is a faithful GEJ supporter.

You are african and you know what lying on traditional ruler means ko?
I wish you luck in dealing with any repercussion of this balant lie.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by linusbnn(m): 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
wakacome:
I don't exchange words with cows....

Wisest man ever liveth(king solomon)...wino like you
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by jemype(m): 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jonathan is going everywhere for prayers. Ekanka, guru mahraji,c and S, pastor mouka, oba's.he jus dey collect curse as souvenir.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by kolmart: 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
Leave the Obas alone they are getting their own share of the national cake which is over due. Can an oba direct your or me to vote for a certain Political party? They can only do that to their palace staff. No matter prayer they made for GEJ is just for the Ghana must go receive from him they ve all lost their relevances in their domain

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by itstpia8: 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
tswitch:

Oba Sijuade said "...We are going to perfom a rite we only perform for those that are our own,

"our own" meaning what?

explain.

A Yoruba will not point his stick at another Yoruba and have it mistaken for prayer or blessing.

btw, post your link since there are many of you typing fantasy on the thread.

Mr. President sit on that chair..." That was when all Obas stood up with their staffs of office to face him. (All after Mauzu's elaborate speech).
Channels TV and NTAi showed the complete clip yesterday evening much to my indignation I might add.

Ordinary people (at least not as important as Goodluck) are ones blessed by the horsetail all over Nigeria.

I think nollywood might consider this your script.

looking at the current state of Nigeria till now, all Nigerians must have "lied on traditional rulers", else how do you explain what you see?

I wonder who lied to produce boko haram, the armed robbers, 419ers, yahoo yahoos, other types of scammers, no roads, no water, no light, etc?
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tswitch: 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
itstpia8:

"our own" meaning what?

explain.

A Yoruba will not point his stick at another Yoruba and have it mistaken for prayer or blessing.

btw, post your link since there are many of you typing fantasy on the thread.

I think nollywood might consider this your script.

looking at the current state of Nigeria till now, all Nigerians must have "lied on traditional rulers", else how do you explain what you see?

I wonder who lied to produce boko haram, the armed robbers, 419ers, yahoo yahoos, other types of scammers, no roads, no water, no light, etc?

I had already given you my sources.
They have websites you know.
This is not relayed information a lot of Nigerians watched it so what do you have to gain by being untruthful?
Go and check the website and stop brandishing untruths.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Ilekeh(f): 6:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
tswitch:
Whoever created this thread did not watch the clip or just fabricated the sensational story for mischievous gains and to mislead people.

Oba Sijuade said "...We are going to perfom a rite we only perform for those that are our own,Mr. President sit on that chair..." That was when all Obas stood up with their staffs of office to face him. (All after Mauzu's elaborate speech).

OP in case you are not aware Ooni is a card carrying member of the PDP and is one of the richest monarchs of our time and his daughter Princess Sijuade is a faithful GEJ supporter.

You must be smoking igbe.

If a Yoruba "blesses" you with his staff, just go and pray.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Ilekeh(f): 6:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
annylove:
Whom God has blessed no man can curse.God has already blessed GEJ so whatever they ar doing is irrelevant.

If God has indeed blessed him, why is he going to man for more blessings?

Whom my forefather's gods want to destroy, they first make mad.

Why is he hopping from church to obas (canvas for orishas)? He might as well visit Fayose's babalawo.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by itstpia8: 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
tswitch:

I had already given you my sources.
They have websites you know.
This is not relayed information a lot of Nigerians watched it so what do I have to gain by being untruthful?
Go and check the website and stop brandishing untruths.

you are the one making the claim, post your source.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by itstpia8: 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
tswitch:

you are the one lying here.

This is the clip you're referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNEtRc8Ghrg

Ooni's exact words were: there is something we do at the source, which is not done in any other part of Yorubaland.

I hope you can decipher what he was saying?

Did you notice the emphasis on SOURCE and the subsequent qualifiers which mentioned it is NOT practiced by any other part of yorubaland?

And the pause BEFORE he called on the obas to point their sticks?

are you viewing the clip with understanding or with something else?
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tswitch: 6:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
itstpia8:

you are the one making the claim, post your source.

Reading punch online now.
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-visits-ooni-monarch-demands-oduduwa-state/

I remember him asking for Odua state and Ile-Ife or so should be the capital.

Mimiko and Agricultural minister were there, do you know tradition more than them?

In my place those staffs yorubas call Opa are called Okwure (spelling sucks I know) but you dare not fabricate such lies against Oba Ne' Edo!
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by otigbagba: 6:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
bilms:
GEJ 2015: BLESSING OR CURSE?

Yoruba Oba's don't bless someone by pointing their staff at the person. When a staff of an Oba is pointed at someone, that is a curse.

THIS IS HOW YORUBA OBA'S BLESS..SPOT THE DIFFERENCE.

SO, IT IS RIGHT TO SAY OBA'S HAVE CURSED GEJ?
...this guy kneeling down everywhere. ..which kind person b this....has rubbish d d office of d presidencg..cant wait 4 this guy to just leave...
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by rhames(m): 6:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
bilms:

Yoruba Oba's don't bless someone by pointing their staff at the person. When a staff of an Oba is pointed at someone, that is a curse.

Na suegbe na pako!
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tswitch: 7:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
itstpia8:

you are the one lying here.

This is the clip you're referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNEtRc8Ghrg

Ooni's exact words were: there is something we do at the source, which is not done in any other part of Yorubaland.

I hope you can decipher what he was saying?

Did you notice the emphasis on SOURCE and the subsequent qualifiers which mentioned it is NOT practiced by any other part of yorubaland?

And the pause BEFORE he called on the obas to point their sticks?

are you viewing the clip with understanding or with something else?

Thank you for helping me and quoting completely (don't forget i watched it last night) thank God you can now see that is an uncommon blessing so it has shown all your earlier posts and comments as pure propaganda.

Most importantly GOODLUCK WAS BLESSED BY THE OONI AND HIS OBAS.

Thank you for the video and for proving my right once again.

PS: How do I get videos on youtube?
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Swiftboy(m): 7:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
bilms:

so you dont know the difference between staff of authority and a mare horse tail {irukere}. Horse tail is for greeting someone when they're recieving the person's humility. They call the staff opa-ase,it means whatever they say will come to pass whether curse or prayer.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Swiftboy(m): 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
cg053:
Yoruba Obas do bless with Horse whip (Irukere) but curse with d staff (Opa Ase)
liar! It would have been called opa epe [cursed staff] going by what you said. Yoruba kind actuall use the horsetail to wave or to recieve homage. The staff works depending on what they're saying. Am from a royal family so I know. You these APC supporters are just plain propaganda generators.lol
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by buchixx: 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
cheesy These shows the world how hypocritical the yoruba are. people that can never be trusted. Just kindly know that your oba's are not God but evil fetish men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix / IPOB Finance Headquarters Is In France - Lai Mohammed / Sheikh Ibrahim Zak'zaky's House Destroyed By The Army - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.