Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

How Many Did You Survive? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Did You Survive? (42128 Views)

Please Help My Kids And I To Survive / How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc / Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
I Survived only two there grin.. How many did you survive?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by kilokeys(m): 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
i survived two... only to be killed by the pankere and igbale cry

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
The ones I survive nor dey there

Turn garri
Koboko
Pkankere
Guava branch
Hot backhand slaps
Bottom of cooking pot
And many more.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by pinkycute(f): 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
I don't understand lipsrsealed

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
pinkycute:
I don't understand lipsrsealed

Parents use then to beat kids who needed some form of discipline. If a child does something wrong, mom or dad will flog or hit with one of those

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by pinkycute(f): 12:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ooh thanks for explaining!!..
Now I understand smiley but quite unfortunately I never experienced such cheesy

delishpot:

Parents use then to beat kids who needed some form of discipline. If a child does something wrong, mom or dad will flog or hit with one of those
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
pinkycute:
Ooh thanks for explaining!!..
Now I understand smiley but quite unfortunately I never experienced such cheesy

Unfortunately ke? Pkease you were fortunate i. I wish I did not experience any too. I was a very good child but my mom thought otherwise. An event as simple as forgeting to take in clothes or some clothes when it rains will bring out the cane, forgeting to wash my socks, will bring out the cane, being carried away by play and forgeting to greet moms friend, will bring out the cane. I lived in fear. It destroyed me. But in my late 20s I decided to take charge of my life. I know she did what she did cos she did not know any better not out of hate. She wanted the perfect child. But who amongst us is perfect?

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by pinkycute(f): 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
Smh lipsrsealed your list is quite scary shocked how did you survived all those stuff

delishpot:

Turn garri
Koboko
Pkankere
Guava branch
Hot backhand slaps
Bottom of cooking pot
And many more.

6 Likes

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
pinkycute:
Smh lipsrsealed your list is quite scary shocked how did you survived all those stuff

I ask myself same. and I skipped some o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by pinkycute(f): 1:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
grin Africa mom's with their unfriendly disciplines sad chaii cry

Well, I hope that has make you a better person and a strong man too cheesy

delishpot:

Unfortunately ke? Pkease you were fortunate i. I wish I did not experience any too. I was a very good child but my mom thought otherwise. A crime as simple as forgeting to take in clothes or some clothes when it rains will bring out the cane, a crime such as forgeting to wash my socks, will bring out the cane, a crime as easy simple as being carried away by play and forgeting to greet moms friend, will bring out the cane. I lived in fear. It destroyed me. But in my late 20s I decided to take charge of my life. I know she did what she did cos she did not know any better not out of hate. She wanted the perfect child. But who amongst us is perfect?
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
Was I the only one flogged with wires?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by greatgod2012(f): 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
delishpot:

pele cheesy

Now that you know that those methods are not good, please, don't use it on your kids o.
Thank God we now know better, we now know that kids should not be exposed to violence and abuse.

@op, nails pinching and carrying of grinding stone while kneeling down.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by pinkycute(f): 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
grin grin

If really those stuff you mentioned above, were use on you!. Then I have no doubt of you being a strong and fearless person by now cheesy

Not like me))) am scared of many things embarassed

delishpot:

2 Likes

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
pinkycute:
grin Africa mom's with their unfriendly disciplines sad chaii cry

Well, I hope that has make you a better person and a strong man too cheesy

it did not. Naturaly I was a good person. Never stole, never cheated was obidient was dependable never drank never had bad friends, never even went to visit friends, i loved to read, loved nature was baby sitting ny sibblibgs and was ready to share with the less fortunate. I learned more by what I saw her do than what she tried to force me to do. So yes, her actions ( she was a good advicer, she was good at sharing, she was reliable, she was hard working, she was kind to tge needy. Our house was like a camp, any needy person could come and be fed and have a litening ear and some words of encoragement from mom and dad. Those were the teaits that I took from tHem. that was how I learnt that kids learn from how the parent behaves and lives normaly and not what the parent insists the child does.

12 Likes

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by adanduka: 1:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
I'm a survivor. cry
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by pinkycute(f): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
shocked shocked Wires shocked

Ooh babe, I hope you didn't sustained any marks on ur body

misscastle:
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
pinkycute:
grin grin

If really those stuff you mentioned above, were use on you!. Then I have no doubt of you being a strong and fearless person by now cheesy

Not like me))) am scared of many things embarassed

grin not really o. Me I be gentle man. I no like wahala. Like I said, I never was naturaly troublesome. I can pack out of a place to let peace reign. My mama tell me say................I nor gree sabi tear cloth.........on the other hand ............ ok, I don hear! sabi stop blood shed.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
No weapons used in our household.They used their hands.I was raised by Mr & Mrs E-Honda grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
misscastle:
fuvk! Wire?! Mehn your folks are something else o sad

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
None.

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by pinkycute(f): 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
Wowwwww that's cool....

delishpot:

it did not. Naturaly I was a good person. Never stole, never cheated was obidient was dependable never drank never had bad friends, never even went to visit friends, i loved to read, loved nature was baby sitting ny sibblibgs and was ready to share with the less fortunate. I learned more by what I saw her do than what she tried to force me to do. So yes, her actions ( she was a good advicer, she was good at sharing, she was reliable, she was hard working, she was kind to tge needy. Our house was like a camp, any needy person could come and be fed and have a litening ear and some words of encoragement from mom and dad. Those were the teaits that I took from tHem. that was how I learnt that kids learn from how the parent behaves and lives normaly and not what the parent insists the child does.

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by pinkycute(f): 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
cheesy cheesy

delishpot:

grin not really o. Me I be gentle man. I no like wahala. Like I said, I never was naturaly troublesome. I can pack out of a place to let peace reign. My mama tell me say................I nor gree sabi tear cloth.........on the other hand ............ ok, I don hear! sabi stop blood shed.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by ghost1718(m): 1:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
i never grow finish and all of them don hit me Even Undertakeer's rest in peace

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by venatus25(m): 1:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
You remind me of those days I was ugly and stubborn, any day that pass by without being a victim of one of those object either by my parent, uncle and aunt is a better day.

Hmmm, now I see the usefulness of those object, with it I become responsible by force.

Special thanks to my dad that do not take any shi't from me

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by naijaboiy: 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
None!

Most times words are just enough.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by MrSarcasm(m): 2:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
None of those touched me grin grin, My folks only used pankere

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
misscastle:
You re not alone.....embarassed

@op, all of d above nd many more...grin

2 Likes

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
delishpot:

Turn garri
Koboko
Pkankere
Guava branch
Hot backhand slaps
Bottom of cooking pot
And many more.

u re a survivor bro... ur immune system go strong die grin

2 Likes

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by agbeke58(f): 4:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
None, but one dreaded stuff like dat, awo ese, i think its an animal skin. It has a special drawer where my pale always keep the stuff. Any time he comes back from work and we here the sound of that drawer, in our litle minds, we'll be like: yee, our own done beee.

My aunt has one punishment like that, , she'll tell u in yoruba, (lo kan ogiri niko) go and start knocking d walls and i want to be hearing d knocks wherever i am. Ull knock until ur knuckles are weak and ull be feeling sores. My yonger ones were always getting shouts and rakings from from us after the knocks. grin Funny old times.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
My mum was fond of using my dad's belt. (Police belt) and the iron belt can paralyse the body within 1sec.

We eventually got used to it and it also made me stronger.

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
Iyalasisi:
u re a survivor bro... ur immune system go strong die grin

Lol. Yes o. E strong die. Thanks to Good food grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Oildichotomy(m): 8:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Most of you didn't really grow up in my generation, where Proverbs 13:24 was recited and prayed about before the rounds of lashes encounters rear their ugly head.

I remember my Nigerian mum's whips sometimes and I just get the combo of frills and nostalgia.

From her stony projectiles and counted whips to her feeding me and bathing me after the flogging adventure grin

Love you to bits mum!

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girl Who Survived Fire Incident That Killed 7 Family Members In Lagos Dies / Marquise Mkpuechina Searching For His Father, Daniel U. Mkpuechina (Photos) / Coronavirus Lockdown: 10 Ways To Beat Boredom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.