Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,092 members, 7,807,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

How Many Did You Survive? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Did You Survive? (42150 Views)

Please Help My Kids And I To Survive / How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc / Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by dotna(m): 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
delishpot:
The ones I survive nor dey there

Turn garri
Koboko
Pkankere
Guava branch
Hot backhand slaps
Bottom of cooking pot
And many more.

Only u? It too much oh. I must tell social services
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Mayor88(m): 10:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hmmm I survived 3 of d items Oº°˚˚˚°ºo
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by midasbliss(f): 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
My Hard Reset Was Slap. Lol Dem Dey Fear To Flog Me Because, I Fit Die In D Process. grin
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Iniotong(m): 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
cool grin None was used on me was too gentle
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by fejikudz(m): 10:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
delishpot:

Turn garri
Koboko
Pkankere
Guava branch
Hot backhand slaps
Bottom of cooking pot
And many more.

Oboy u strong ooh, all this for only u

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by flexz007(m): 10:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hum! My mum don't need any of these Items, her right hand palm is the ultimate
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Mcaise: 10:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
I survived machete chase!
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by stanboy28(m): 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2015
I have a 9ice tatoo on my bicept.....twas given to me with wires by my dad......bt dose days cha!!!..na wa
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Of course, with my dad. (My dad supports your team btw). As for me, I'm solidly behind the Gunners!

We'll celebrate at FT.

Actually, i wished for a draw. But i doubt if thats possible with Dimaria's red card. sad
Anyways, its yur lucky day tongue
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by JOKLEVIZ(m): 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2015
mirexxx:
grin grin

Grew up in a military zone...
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 10:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
onyenro:

A crime is an offence against the State. what u committed was an offence. I felt I should correct u for sake of others who will 'learn ' from u

Thank you o. I was just talking as I felt when I made those mistakes. It felt like a crime cos I was severly punished for them

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ishilove:

Awwwww, delish yaf suffer sad

You waited till late 20's, i was 18 when Mum stopped caning me. Or rather, i forced her to stop. When she brings cane out, i run out of the house and will refuse to enter until she keeps that cane. If perchance i have no way to escape, i hold on to that cane and will refuse to release it until she leaves the cane with me. Eventually she got the message: No more flogging angry

She did not cane me till then. she stopped when I was around 10. But tge years of canning made me feel like I could never do anything right. It was like that till I took charge of my head in my 20 s and said hell no. You are a strong and good person, dont let the past spoil your future.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
mrkings84:
So sorry dear. wish mine lived to survive me with these I wouldn't have gone tru all I went tru in d hands of cruel aunties. embarassed So sorry dear. wish mine lived to survive me with these I wouldn't have gone tru all I went tru in d hands of cruel aunties.

Its well. As for cruel Auntues, I know where you are comming from. Hope things turned out well for you sha. I know most of those cruel aunts dont expect one to have a meaningful future. Hope yours were not like that.

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by delishpot: 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
donsheddy1:
hahahahahahahahaha you be animal? Lol hhahahahahaha lmfao here ooo.

Ha ha. Na so I think o. In fact as a growing child, my sibbling and I will ask our selves if we were with the right mom. Abi she addopt us ni? Lol. Its all good Oooo. Anyhow sha, she still do some motherly things and showed us some love.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Midehi:
Mine was cane but most times they cant catch me to use it on me, i don jump fence fiaammm....till late night i will now sneak to my defenders room (dad) & sleep, he never allow them touch me even when i was wrong...am his favourite till now,that guy spoil me sha

Pretty gurl lyk U dey jump fence. U go tough ooo
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by JahzaraAde(f): 10:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Actually, i wished for a draw. But i doubt if thats possible with Dimaria's red card. sad
Anyways, its yur lucky day tongue

What was that you were saying mate?
Arsenalllllll!

Loved it - will sleep happy tonight (well.. would have slept happy regardless lol)

I strongly dislike Man U supporters, 99% of them are habitual glory hunters!
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
Dharniel:

Pretty gurl lyk U dey jump fence. U go tough ooo
i was a jumper...lol

1 Like

Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
pinkycute:
shocked shocked Wires shocked

Ooh babe, I hope you didn't sustained any marks on ur body

grin Nope.. It was on the palms naw
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Ewuro4: 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
delishpot:

She did not cane me till then. she stopped when I was around 10. But tge years of canning made me feel like I could never do anything right. It was like that till I took charge of my head in my 20 s and said hell no. You are a strong and good person, dont let the past spoil your future.

Na wa oh sad ..

Was never hit through my growing years. Im very very certain I would be dead if I was. I always cover my face, shivering and covered in hot sweat when they flog my classmates in school. I managed to stay out of trouble. I remember when we (whole class) were to cut the grass and we didn't finish our allocated lot and the teacher was going to flog the whole class shocked. I absconded school that day and was a truant for whole week. grin

God I thank you. I can't survive any form of violence oh.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Pamcrest(f): 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
Abomination, my dad never ever raised his hands or any object against me.....not even in my dreams. But my mum,.....omw, she used her hand effectively...I can't forget those ever-ubiquitous stinging slaps on my back! But always in my dad's absence otherwise...... grin
I think beating a child with those dangerous objects d op displayed is cruel n unusual punishment....haba!
My humble submission
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
JahzaraAde:

What was that you were saying mate?
Arsenalllllll!

Loved it - will sleep happy tonight (well.. would have slept happy regardless lol)

I strongly dislike Man U supporters, 99% of them are habitual glory hunters!

What would u have said if yu lost?
And im not a manu fan
Im A CFC fan #teamRomanArmy
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Mufasa27(m): 11:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
misscastle:
Was I the only one flogged with wires?
You are not alone,I was a victim too....
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Mufasa27(m): 11:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
My mom rubber slippers can make you confess to what you didn't do... sad
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by masqot(m): 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
None. Even though I grew up in the era when a child would go and hide when he saw his father afar.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by sexyjennik(f): 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
delishpot:

Turn garri
Koboko
Pkankere
Guava branch
Hot backhand slaps
Bottom of cooking pot
And many more.

You must be very stubborn to have gone through all these. I guess they all made you stronger grin
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
Toluwarni:
I Survived only two there grin.. How many did you survive?
cheesy
My mom used all 4 on me to reset my brain whenever I miss road.

Now I miss her every passing second sad
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
misscastle:

grin
Your parents harsh oo
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by GboyegaD(m): 11:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
misscastle:

Do parents flog female kids with wire?
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
delishpot:

Unfortunately ke? Pkease you were fortunate i. I wish I did not experience any too. I was a very good child but my mom thought otherwise. A crime as simple as forgeting to take in clothes or some clothes when it rains will bring out the cane, a crime such as forgeting to wash my socks, will bring out the cane, a crime as easy simple as being carried away by play and forgeting to greet moms friend, will bring out the cane. I lived in fear. It destroyed me. But in my late 20s I decided to take charge of my life. I know she did what she did cos she did not know any better not out of hate. She wanted the perfect child. But who amongst us is perfect?

broda, i feel ur pain...in my case, it was accompanied by alot of emotional abuse! My gran could hit u wit anytin she gets ahold of.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by lordfamuu(m): 11:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
Oildichotomy:
Most of you didn't really grow up in my generation, where Proverbs 13:24 was recited and prayed about before the rounds of lashes encounters rear their ugly head.

I remember my Nigerian mum's whips sometimes and I just get the combo of frills and nostalgia.

From her stony projectiles and counted whips to her feeding me and bathing me after the flogging adventure grin

Love you to bits mum!

Lolz................. Prayin b4 flogging. Naija parents though.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
you guys saying flogging you makes you live in fear till today or makes you have low self esteem took the spanking as hate from your parents or whoever did it to you. I faced worst while growing up, the thing is that I grew up with my aunty not even my parents... I knelt on palm cannel pills for hours, I was hit with lamp and many more worst than you can imagine, all those punishment was just because I was too stubborn but I took it in good faith. I look back now and see that all those things was meted on me just to make me a better person and it has really helped me to become the person I'm today.
Re: How Many Did You Survive? by Kingsasian(m): 11:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
I survived all including the ones missing e.g. siphons, cutlass etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marquise Mkpuechina Searching For His Father, Daniel U. Mkpuechina (Photos) / Coronavirus Lockdown: 10 Ways To Beat Boredom / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.