Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,189 members, 7,807,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Who Is God Jealous Of? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God Jealous Of? (11729 Views)

Where Is God? / A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity / There Is God And He Answers Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 7:18am On Mar 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
it is from the word, qanna (jealousy ) that we get the English word "zealous"

You are saying heresy. It's better you stay silent instead of spewing thrash and making a fool out of yourself. You've been copying and pasting other people's work here, and you have no idea whatever their intention is. Just give me a source that confirms that zealous is gotten from qanna or stay silent forever.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 7:23am On Mar 11, 2015
Shirley07:

You're not thinking with your brain.
If I'm jealous because a male friend of mine is getting attached to another female, does that means I want to be like her? Of course not.
I'm just jealous because he's sharing me with another woman.

eeyah smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by malvisguy212: 7:51am On Mar 11, 2015
Pr0ton:

You are saying heresy. It's better you stay silent instead of spewing thrash and making a fool out of yourself. You've been copying and pasting other people's work here, and you have no idea whatever their intention is. Just give me a source that confirms that zealous is gotten from qanna or stay silent forever.
qanah is from the same word as qanna and it is from where we got zealous from http://biblehub.com/hebrew/7067.htm

And this is where the word qanna,qanah or zealous is used in the bible;
Brown-Driver-Briggs
קַנָּא adjective jealous; — only of God: אֵל
קַנָּא Exodus 20:5 (J) = Deuteronomy 5:9
(as punishing those who hate him),
Exodus 34:14 (J), Deuteronomy 4:24;
Deuteronomy 6:15 (demanding exclusive
service); קַנָּא שְׁמוֺ Exodus 34:14 (J).

Read from the link I paste for more understanding, you accused me of copy and paste, I don't deny it, have non of you guys ever did the same thing? The idea of a jealous God, is it the op idea? The op may not copy it from the web but he got the idea from the web.what you accused me of, your atheists friends are also guilty of the samething.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Weah96: 8:03am On Mar 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Like I said there is no sitting on the fence.
If you think you are sitting on the fence then you are deceiving yourself.

OK, so two parties. The jealousy is directed at evil or Lucifer.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
qanah is from the same word as qanna and it is from where we got zealous from http://biblehub.com/hebrew/7067.htm

Brown-Driver-Briggs

Read from the link I paste for more understanding, you accused me of copy and paste, I don't deny it, have non of you guys ever did the same thing? The idea of a jealous God, is it the op idea? The op may not copy it from the web but he got the idea from the web.what you accused me of, your atheists friends are also guilty of the samething.

Plaetton see this guy sha. cheesy Idea is different from copying and pasting. His question is just a rational question that anyone can ask. Yours is very dumb anchored on others'

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 8:23am On Mar 11, 2015
malvisguy212:

This is either ignorance at its peak or an intended blatant lie against an innocent website. The website doesn't say qanah qana' is gotten from qanna. Qanna is from qana', and not the other way round. And qanna has one meaning, jealous. While qana' can mean jealous, envious or zealous. Now how does this justify your assertion that qanna means zealous? Liar?

Brown-Driver-Briggs

And it still stands; God exhibits jealousy, a negative one.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by frank317: 9:10am On Mar 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Whether you are angry with God or not it doesn't change anything.
You are going to Hell because you choose to and that Is FINAL.

U wish

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by malvisguy212: 9:16am On Mar 11, 2015
Pr0ton:

This is either ignorance at its peak or an intended blatant lie against an innocent website. The website doesn't say qanah qana' is gotten from qanna. Qanna is from qana', and not the other way round. And qanna has one meaning, jealous. While qana' can mean jealous, envious or zealous. Now how does this justify your assertion that qanna means zealous? Liar?

And it still stands; God exhibits jealousy, a negative one.
sorry, the mistake is from me, I mean to say qinah not qanah,I doubt if you read the link , if you do you would've correct my mistake(I mean qinah not qanah)

qinah: ardor, zeal, jealousy
Original Word: קִנְאָה
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: qinah
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/7068.htm
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 9:18am On Mar 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
sorry, the mistake is from me, I mean to say qinah not qanah,I doubt if you read the link , if you do you would've correct my mistake(I mean qinah not qanah)

qinah: ardor, zeal, jealousy
Original Word: קִנְאָה
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: qinah
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/7068.htm

Hahaha. More nonsense. So your God is a female now.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by malvisguy212: 9:22am On Mar 11, 2015
Pr0ton:

Plaetton see this guy sha. cheesy Idea is different from copying and pasting. His question is just a rational question that anyone can ask. Yours is very dumb anchored on others'
plaetton would've check if jealous has negative and positive meaning, he just conclude, God is jealous(envy) who God is jealous of ? If the bible is just the idea of a Jewish myth as you guys claimed, do you think the writer will make such mistake and contradicts the nature of God? # Guy, shift ma see road#
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 9:39am On Mar 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
plaetton would've check if jealous has negative and positive meaning, he just conclude, God is jealous(envy) who God is jealous of ? If the bible is just the idea of a Jewish myth as you guys claimed, do you think the writer will make such mistake and contradicts the nature of God? # Guy, shift ma see road#

Yh. Very likely. He is human, and he is prone to make mistake. He is not inspired by any perfect holy spirit. They all contradict themselves. They all wrote myth and philosophy.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by malvisguy212: 12:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
Pr0ton:

Yh. Very likely. He is human, and he is prone to make mistake. He is not inspired by any perfect holy spirit. They all contradict themselves. They all wrote myth and philosophy.
good, as the writer say God is jealous, he was not making mistake,what he was trying to say is God is zealous, as you claimed,if the story is perfectly Jewish myth, the writers could not have made this mistake, right?

Jewish myth that perfectly made some astonished claimed which science did not confirmed it until now.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Weah96: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
good, as the writer say God is jealous, he was not making mistake,what he was trying to say is God is zealous, as you claimed,if the story is perfectly Jewish myth, the writers could not have made this mistake, right?

Jewish myth that perfectly made some astonished claimed which science did not confirmed it until now.

Perfect myth? What is that? These people have reduced your arguments to gibberish. You don't even know what you're talking about now.
What is a "perfectly Jewish myth?"

3 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by plaetton: 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
frank317:

U wish

Lol.
Predictably, he wips out the " you're going to rot in hell card".
This happens when a religiotard reaches the upper limits of cognitive dissonance.

Big laugh.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by malvisguy212: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
Weah96:

Perfect myth? What is that? These people have reduced your arguments to gibberish. You don't even know what you're talking about now.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by malvisguy212: 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
Weah96:

I was giving an example.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrPresident:

delusion at its peak!

could you pls answer the op's question, 'who is God jealous of' ?
is not "jealous of" but "jealous for"
He is jealous in this sense:
Protective, zealously guarding, careful in the
protection of something one has or appreciates.
God is jealous for the ones He loves and this
is the reason He would protect them from evil and
wickedness. God will achieve this by throwing every
form of wickedness and evil into Hell.
God loves you but if you choose to be a part of evil
and wickedness even after He had try to cut you off
from it. Then you would be thrown into Hell together
with the evil you refuse to depart from.

Separate yourself from evil now before it's too later.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by davien(m): 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

lol....have you prepped yourself for "allah's hell"?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by JediGrace: 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
God is not jealous of anyone.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

God is not "jealous of" but "jealous for"
Protective, zealously guarding, careful in the protection of something one has or appreciates.

is the reason He would protect them from evil and wickedness. God will achieve this by throwing every form of wickedness and evil into Hell.

God loves you but if you choose to be a part of evil and wickedness even after He had try to cut you off from it. Then you would be thrown into Hell together with the evil you refuse to depart from.

Good answer. I agree.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
lol....have you prepped yourself for "allah's hell"?
There is only one God.

Polymerizing the issue will not help. Pointing out different religious concepts will not invalidate truth.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

grin hahaha! thank you for making me laugh, i laughed loud a little child playing beside me started laughing too, i wish i could show her your post because this kinda hell-fire warning is for kids.

lemme ask ya,
when a muslim tells you to convert to islam and inherit 72 virgins, it sounds silly right?
when a buddhist tell you you will reincarnate as a cockroach, it sounds silly right?

that is just how silly your hell-fire threats sound to me......savvy?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by davien(m): 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
Joshthefirst:
There is only one God.

Polymerizing the issue will not help. Pointing out different religious concepts will not invalidate truth.
Really?....So is faith a path to truth when everything and anything can be "true" by faith?
Isn't it the same faith people use for "allah's hell"?

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
Joshthefirst:
There is only one God.

Exodus 15:11 ------“Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like you,"
Exodus 20:3 ------ "You shall have no other gods except me"
Joshua 24:2 --------“Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘Long ago, your fathers lived beyond the Euphrates, Terah, the father of Abraham and of Nahor; and they served other gods.

my dear, you need to pay more attention in ur sunday school, grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by plaetton: 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrPresident:

Joshua 24:2 --------“Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘Long ago, your fathers lived beyond the Euphrates, Terah, the father of Abraham and of Nahor; and they served other gods.

Abeg, tell him that he is not even a good sunday school student.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
Really?....So is faith a path to truth when everything and anything can be "true" by faith?
Faith is not a path to truth. Faith is a response to truth. You either have faith in the truth or you reject it. As for the question of which information is true, the information supported by witnesses is true.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrPresident:

You need to pay more attention to atheist bash classes.

1 Corinthians 8:4-6 KJV

As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrPresident:

grin hahaha! thank you for making me laugh, i laughed loud a little child playing beside me started laughing too, i wish i could show her your post because this kinda hell-fire warning is for kids.

lemme ask ya,
when a muslim tells you to convert to islam and inherit 72 virgins, it sounds silly right?
when a buddhist tell you you will reincarnate as a cockroach, it sounds silly right?

that is just how silly your hell-fire threats sound to me......savvy?

Is that what you tell yourself?
Well, you know that's a big lie and the thought of Hell stop you from sleeping well at night.

But you don't need to remain in fear. God loves you and He wants you to experience love Instead of fear.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
davien:
You have the ability to know the truth with your heart. You don't need to continue to live in confusion.

I have talk with some Muslim and one thing I notice is that they also know deep down that there is something wrong about Islam and Allah. Many even try going to Church because they felt the Christians may be correct. If they are able to listen to their heart more closely they would have been sure that Jesus is the way.

Every human could know the truth with there heart and this truth is not subjective.

Be still, listen to your heart more closely and you would know God. You would know the truth.
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Pr0ton: 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

You have the ability to know the truth with your heart. You don't need to continue to live in confusion.

I have talk with some Muslim and one thing I notice is that they also know deep down that there is something wrong about Islam and Allah. Many even try going to Church because they felt the Christians may be correct. If they are able to listen to their heart more closely they would have been sure that Jesus is the way.

Every human could know the truth with there heart and this truth is not subjective.

Be still, listen to your heart more closely and you would know God. You would know the truth.

Ok then. Bart Erhman a Christian FUNDAMENTALIST listened to his heart and deconverted from Christianity. You say?

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by davien(m): 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
Joshthefirst:
Faith is not a path to truth. Faith is a response to truth. You either have faith in the truth or you reject it. As for the question of which information is true, the information supported by witnesses is true.
So truth relies on faith?...so how can one know what is true then if "truth" is subjective and can only be known by faith?
Re: Who Is God Jealous Of? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
Pr0ton:

Ok then. Bart Erhman a Christian FUNDAMENTALIST listened to his heart and deconverted from Christianity. You say?
He listened to his head not his heart.
He stop being dogmatic and use is brain to reason things out. That is good but the problem is that the brain can never comprehend God.

God is beyond our mental reason and being religious doesn't help either. The answer is in your heart, it has always been there.

God said "Be still and know that I am God".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ / Atmosphere For Miracles 2014 With Pastor Chris- Today, October 4th 2014 / Do People Still Go Out To Preach & Convert People In Real Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.