Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,401 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

FAAN Successful Candidate - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FAAN Successful Candidate (38066 Views)

FAAN To Employ 720 Workers, Gets FG Approval / FAAN Recruitment 2015 Selection List Released / Federal Airport Authority Of Nigeria (FAAN) Recruitment 2015 – Application Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Successful Candidate by nzechu(m): 7:49am On Mar 16, 2015
innocentoh:

Thank God! No cos for alarm.
I just called them and for the first time they picked my call. I was told to disregard the tex inviting me for fitness test. They told me that PDMO will not do physical test. And that the medical fitness form is not required for PDMO.
This is what I was told by one of their contact person.

PDMO people Holla at me through: innocentohiomu@yahoo.com.
pls wat number did u use to call them.
Re: FAAN Successful Candidate by temlaw2020: 10:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
My brother just got a message from faan this evening that he has been shortlisted for the physical test tomorrow. His name is not online but he received a mail and SMS.He couldn't sign the medical form and tomorrow is the deadline should he still go?
Re: FAAN Successful Candidate by zara24(f): 10:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
temlaw2020:
My brother just got a message from faan this evening that he has been shortlisted for the physical test tomorrow. His name is not online but he received a mail and SMS.He couldn't sign the medical form and tomorrow is the deadline should he still go?
same issue am having nw, I'll go and I think ur bro shld go also, nothing wrong in trying
Re: FAAN Successful Candidate by duos: 7:15am On Mar 17, 2015
I got a message this morning to attend that of tomorrow 18-03-2015.
Re: FAAN Successful Candidate by dasizzling: 8:06am On Mar 17, 2015
I also got a message diz morn 2 come for d interview 2mao d 18th. And dier site says itz ending 2day whc 1 2 bliv nw
Re: FAAN Successful Candidate by Emmasonic4me: 10:51am On Mar 17, 2015
dasizzling:
I also got a message diz morn 2 come for d interview 2mao d 18th. And dier site says itz ending 2day whc 1 2 bliv nw

I got the SMS this morning too for the interview tomorrow, 18th March.
Re: FAAN Successful Candidate by jaydude(f): 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
H
30pence:

In a case like this, u nd score higher than the passmark.
Imagine say them need 40people, and 2000 come score 50%, out of which 50people scored above 93%.

You wey get 57%, wetin you wan talk?

We are in naija o a friend of mine got 52 and he was slated for interview unto connection
Re: FAAN Successful Candidate by innocentoh(m): 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2015
[size=16pt]Incase you are wondering why u scored above 50% and yet not shortlisted by FAAN, read here how the whole process went so far [/size]

Shortlisting will continue until the final physical fitness test or until the target shortlist is met for each State. Where necessary, we will start another round of testing for States that are not meeting their target.

The impact of the selection process is that candidates that scored high (70% and above) may think that they should have been shortlisted. They may not have been because someone else in their State that applied for the same job scored higher. This was addressed by the additional shortlisting of the high scorers.
A candidate with a lower score from another state may have been shortlisted for the same job because that candidate is the highest scorer for that job from his/her State of origin. This is in line with the application of the Federal Character rules.
A candidate with a Master’s degree applying for Security Cadet, Assistant Fire Superintendent, or Assistant Security Superintendent is considered over-qualified and may not have been selected.

WHERE THE PROCESS WAS NOT FOLLOWED
Not all the processes listed were followed. Below are the exceptions!

Shortlisting for the AGM DMU position
The total target shortlist for AGM is 20 candidates. It was not possible to divide this into 37 (States plus FCT) or to share into six geopolitical zones, so these rules were followed:

Sort for the top scorers. Find the top 10 for each geopolitical zone.
Allot one slot per State (No State is to be allotted more than one slot).
Ensure that the slots are spread equitably between geopolitical zones based on top scorers for each state.
Ensure that the spread is even between North and South.

Shortlisting for Security Cadet, Assistant Fire Superintendent, and Assistant Security Superintendent

The minimum score for these positions was lowered to 40% to accommodate non-degree holders who had to take the same test as degree holders for the levels 8 and above jobs. (These jobs allowed for minimum of NCE or OND educational qualifications).

All other shortlist processes described above were followed for these group of jobs.

3. Additional shortlisting of high performers not included in the above shortlist was conducted. High Performers are considered as candidates with 70% and above.
PROCESS FOR SHORTLISTING
Values guiding the process: Transparency, Openness, Equity, Fair Treatment

Below is the process being implemented for the shortlisting of candidates.

All applications were pre-screened for Aptitude Test against the established criteria that was designed and advertised. The total shortlisted were 36,657. This includes candidates from the hard copy applications as well as online applications.
A unique log-in name and password was created for each shortlisted candidate to be used for the Aptitude Test. This incorporated the unique ID created for each candidate at the application stage,

How targets were set and allotted to states:
For the AGM we targeted 20 candidates to be shortlisted for the one headcount.
For all other positions we targeted 6 candidates to be shortlisted per head count.

The total target shortlist for each job was allotted to States based on the Federal Character spread.
All 36,657candidates were notified via text messages and email with their log-in to go online and take the test. Testing was conducted on two websites.

Once the results were collated, they were sorted according to “job applied for” then sorted again for percentage grade.
The list of candidates who scored 50% and above were extracted and analyzed into three groups:
70% and above
60%-69%,
50%-59%.

The top performer list (70% and above) for each State is shortlisted first starting with the highest scorer until the State’s lot is filled.
If the State’s lot from step (7) above is filled, then there is no more shortlisting for that state for the job.
If the State’s lot from step (7 ) above is not completely filled then the next best group (60%-69%) from that State is shortlisted starting from the highest to the lowest.
If the State’s lot from step (9) above is completely filled then there is no more shortlisting for that state for the job.
If the State’s lot from step (9) above is not completely filled then the next best group (50%-59%) from that State is shortlisted for that job.
If after step (xi) above, a State’s lot is still not filled, the remaining lot is allotted to another state in the same geopolitical zone (starting with the State with the highest performance in that zone) until the lots completely filled.
If the lot for a job in a geopolitical zone is not completely filled, it is allotted to the highest performing state in the region of the country.
If the lot is still not filled at the regional level, it is then thrown open to be filled by another region in the country until the lots are all filled.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ENTIRE PROCESS IS BEING MONITORED BY THE FEDERAL CHARACTER COMMISSION as mandated by the Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE
PLEASE FIND BELOW IMPORTANT DATA ON THE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE AS AT MARCH 16, 2014.

Total number of applications screened is 720,000

Includes online and hardcopy applications

Initial Target Set for Aptitude Test is 11,160

It was agreed to increase target to up_to 30,000 to allow as many people as possible to take the test.

Total shortlisted for Aptitude test is 36,657

Total Number Tested as of March 11, 2015 is 27,000

Candidates with complete Results is 24, 043

Total Candidates that scored 50% and above is 11,281

Total Candidates that scored 70% and above is 1,924

Total candidates with 40-49% is 5,042

Highest Score is 98%

Lowest Score is 0%

Planned Target Shortlist for Fitness Test and Interview (all positions, all states) is 4,680

Total Shortlisted for Fitness Test and Interview as of March 11, 2015 Is 4,064

Planned Target Shortlist for Interview is 4,390

Total Fitness Test conducted at all 4 locations as of Monday March 16 is 3,051

This number is expected to increase to 4,000 plus at the end of the process.

Interviews have began at all centers

Data being collated

In my opinion, I think they are transparent.
what do you think?

You can Holla at me through my email: innocentohiomu@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paystack Recruitment Exercise 2018, Lets Connect Here. / 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree / How My Friend Got A Job That Gave Him N5m In Just Four Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.