Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? (1699 Views)

FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? / What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? / Has Buhari Shot Himself In The Foot? - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by mrrock: 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
I'm not interested in playing politics here rather I want to know the truth.

I'm 40 year old. May be I was too young to know about Buhari's contribution to the development of South western Nigeria for all the time he was in position of authority.

I'm aware Buhari have been minister of petroleum. I'm also aware Buhari have been the president of Nigeria in the 80's.

Babangida built the third mainland bridge in Lagos, so I heard.
Obasanjo started some power projects in South west, though he didn't finish them.
Jonathan is constructing Lagos Ibadan express road.
Jonathan have approved about 4 or more new universities in Yorubaland.

I want to know what Buhari have done for Yoruba's for all the time he was in power. What has Buhari done for Yorubas?.

1 Like

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by SomebodyLovesMe: 9:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
At this point, I don't care what he has done for Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas or any other tribe.

What we should focus on is his ability to solve Nigeria's problems.

The earlier we put tribal sentiments aside, the closer we will get to solving our country's problems.

7 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by minifuworld: 9:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
is nt abt wot he has done for yorubas is abt wot he is capable of doin for nigerians

5 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
He made kirikiri prison wider to contain their chiefs and leaders.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by ochejoseph(m): 9:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
Many things

He destroyed the transport system in Lagos the capital of the south west by revoking a Laudable Project! The Lagos Metro project a rail network that would have solve Lagos traffic woes

More so it was cheaper to complete the project than cancel it, Buhari went for the later and SW and indeed Nigeria Lost 450 million USD a colossal sum at that time 

2. He locked up prominent Sons And daughters for No just cost! 

For example Fela was locked up for been in possession of his own money USD 3000 

3. He was anti Education 

The southwest from time has been the center of educational dev, Buhari ensured that he crippled the University system 

He Banned NANS, Nigerian Medical association, and ASUU 
It was also Buuhari That scrapped ‎subsidised feeding in Nigerian Univ 
‎‎

4. The south westerners are known for RESPECT 
Buhari showed a lot of disr‎espect to the Yoruba Nation especially their high respected traditional rulers whose passports he siezed just because they visited Israel! 

The list is endless ‎

Buhari's engagement with the west has been a bitter experience!

Vote Wisely 

Vote Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 

God Bless Nigeria ‎

8 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by egift(m): 10:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
He is offering the Vice Presidential Position and a profound role in the next dispensation.

Now tell us what Jonathan is offering?

5 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by Trut(m): 10:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:
At this point, I don't care what he has done for Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas or any other tribe.

The earlier we put tribal sentiments aside, the closer we will get to solving our country's problems.

grin
Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by olaboy001(m): 10:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
Okupe claimed Nigeria can't afford new trains like the Americans but Goodluck Jonathan went for multiple brand new Presidential jets...

7 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by CaptainAmerica1: 10:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
What has Jonathan done for the yorubas? Other than insult them undecided

[s]Jonathan is constructing Lagos Ibadan express road.[/s]

A Scam by JonaScam

[s]Jonathan have approved about 4 or more new universities in Yorubaland.[/s]

This is not an achievement

3 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by ziccoit: 10:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ok, I don't remember Yorubas support for Buhari presidency from 2003-2011. The question is what has GEJ done for Yorubas in the last 6years despite the total support the region gave to his presidency. Do you remember how Wole Soyinka and others from SW fought tooth and nails to see GEJ installed as the president when his kinsmen who are running mouth now were nowhere to be found?

3 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by CaptainAmerica1: 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
ochejoseph:
[s]Many things
He destroyed the transport system in Lagos the capital of the south west by revoking a Laudable Project! The Lagos Metro project a rail network that would have solve Lagos traffic woes
More so it was cheaper to completer the project than cancel it, Buuhari went for the later and SW and indeed Nigeria Lost 450 million USD a collosal sum at that time

3. He was anti Education 

The southwest from time has been the center of educational dev, Buhari ensured that he crippled the University system 

It was also Buuhari That scrapped ‎subsidised feeding in Nigerian Univ[/s]
‎‎

4.[s] The south westerners are known for RESPECT 
Buhari showed a lot of disr‎espect to the Yoruba Nation especially their high respected traditional rulers whose passports he siezed just because they visited Israel! [/s]

Same with the Emir of Kano. Stop being tribalistic

[s]The list is endless ‎

Vote Wisely 

‎[/s]

God forbid.

God Bless Nigeria

The only reasonable thing you said.

...btw, who are you to speak for the yorubas?

3 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by ochejoseph(m): 10:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
egift:
He is offering the Vice Presidential Position and a profound role in the next dispensation.

Here we go

He restored the Lagos - Kano rail line which was abandoned for 2 decades

He is Presently Upgrading the Lagos Ibadan Express way to a super Multi lane road with supporting infrastructure

The Benin Ore Lagos express when has also made trips to Lagos easier

He has restored the Lagos mass transit rail system providing air-conditioned DMU trains to help commuters avoid traffic

When Ebola visited Lagos, President Jonathan summoned the best brains in the land and released enough funding via the MOH and Ebola was curtailed

Lagos and Ogun has the highest No of Youwin Beneficiaries

Lagos Osun and Ogun have consistently topped the list of Firrst class students sent to the Top 25 universities of the world on scholarship by GEJ

Even Aregbesola will tell you that his people have benefited from the return of the trains, Sallah and Christmas were times of high biz activities, people of the SW move goods to other parts for small token therefore making better profit

Good Luck is the deal

4 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by Welrez(m): 10:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
ziccoit:
Ok, I don't remember Yorubas support for Buhari presidency from 2003-2011. The question is what has GEJ done for Yorubas in the last 6years despite the total support the region gave to his presidency. Do you remember how Wole Soyinka and others from SW fought tooth and nails to see GEJ installed as the president when his kinsmen who are running mouth now were nowhere to be found?
A little learning is a dangerous thing. What form of support is better than voting for a candidate? We gave GEJ 100 percent victory in the south-south, did he enjoy the same in the south-west? Back to topic, attempt the OP JAMB question.
Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
Boko.hari is a yoruba hater
Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by knowledgeable: 11:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
ochejoseph:
Many things

More so it was cheaper to complete the project than cancel it, Buhari went for the later and SW and indeed Nigeria Lost 450 million USD a colossal sum at that time 

3. He was anti Education 

It was also Buuhari That scrapped ‎subsidised feeding in Nigerian Univ 
‎‎

4. The south westerners are known for RESPECT 
Buhari showed a lot of disr‎espect to the Yoruba Nation especially their high respected traditional rulers whose passports he siezed just because they visited Israel! 

The list is endless ‎

Vote Wisely 

God Bless Nigeria ‎

And Echo Atlantic City is becoming a reality under Jonathan's administration. LAGOS as APC state in this contex is secondly. Is happening under GEJ administration period. GEJ till 2019!!!!!!.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by ayokellany: 11:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
Buhari built Iju water works the largest in Nigeria till date when he was PTF chairman

Plus he's offering the VP to the SW something Jonathan deem above the SW. His late VP Idiagbon was also from the SW.

His record maybe few but it far outweighs Jonathan complete disdain for the Yorubas considering that the fact that a Yoruba man singlehandedly made him the VP and the SW singlehandedly protested several weeks in the scotching sun to have him installed as the president only rub stealing of government money is not corruption on our face.

4 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by NDPVF(m): 11:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
[s]
minifuworld:
is nt abt wot he has done for yorubas is abt wot he is capable of doin for nigerians
[/s]he has shown already what he is capable of doing,and that is,randomly throwing Yoruba leaders into jail.
Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by NDPVF(m): 11:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

And his ability to solve Nigerian problem,doesnt translate to what he has done for the yorubas( who are part of Nigeria)?
Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by ziccoit: 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Welrez:
A little learning is a dangerous thing. What form of support is better than voting for a candidate? We gave GEJ 100 percent victory in the south-south, did he enjoy the same in the south-west? Back to topic, attempt the OP JAMB question.

You people are less politically sagacious. Your 100% support was based on sentiment and na our son mentality. The same thing that didn't happen in other regions. You block voted GEJ and he became president with support from other regions. Buhari despite been an Hausa/Fulani didn't enjoy same from the North and OBJ too was not block voted by SWners when he was there. You people are not just being futuristic in your approach to political game. It is you people's poorly played game that is going to assist in sending GEJ packing to Otuoke this year.

Now there is no way SS and SE can fraudulently record 94% return of registered voters like in 2011 with the card reader. Permutation doesn't favour GEJ this explain the reason presidency and PDP are fighting to discredit and stop the use of PCV and card readers.

1 Like

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by ayokellany: 11:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s]he has shown already what he is capable of doing,and that is,randomly throwing Yoruba leaders into jail.
The problem you have is not understanding the Yorubas which is one reason Jonathan would lose the election. Yoruba love n cherish jailing thieves, politicians inclusive. The least Jonathan could have done is convict 2 or 3 corrupt APC politicians on corruption back it up with one scapegoat from the PDP way back 2013 trust me Buhari would not even dare to contest this election.

If he has done that his visit to the Obas would have made a lot more sense. There are so many Yorubas unhappy with Tinubu but when you lack what to fight with you wait but Jonatan is not even helping the fight. Instead he voluntarily have the momentum to Tinubu to consolidate on his stronghold which Obsanjo fought very hard to diminish

Do you think Yorubas don't want Tinubu wealth probed or even jailed but Jonathan has shown he does not have that capacity so on that basis why not vote someone that can at least act like he's capable to prevent instead of someone that promote it. I bliv this should explain why Jonathan won't win the SW. We have no reason to be sympathetic to his course unlike when we fought the injustice of preventing a minority from ruling

4 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by T9ksy(m): 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
Op, as far as am concerned, it's a not case of what Buhari has done for yorubas or even what he intends to do for yorubas. Furthermore, it's not what Jonathan has done for yorubas or what he promised to do for yorubas (if re-elected), afterall he's not president of yorubaland but that of Nigeria as a nation even though it's a well-known fact that it was the yorubas who spearheaded his ascendancy to aso rock when Turai yar adua had him adorned in a tutu and shackled to the kitchen sink. However, the blatant FACT here is, Jonathan is a failure and just have to go, pronto. After 6 years of this bungling mo.ron's tenure, we can't afford to give him another 4years. To do what, exactly? Run the country aground? I do not believe Buhari is the messiah we have been waiting for but nevertheless, Jonathan MUST GO, NOW!

#AnybodyButJonadumbo
#ABJ

2 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by SomebodyLovesMe: 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
NDPVF:
And his ability to solve Nigerian problem,doesnt translate to what he has done for the yorubas( who are part of Nigeria)?

Corruption, poor education, lack of electricity, lawlessness, affect every tribe / region in Nigeria. The listed issues should be your concern. Not what he has done for one specific tribe.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by scribble: 12:21am On Mar 10, 2015
He has given Asiwaju a dream

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by paBuhari(m): 12:30am On Mar 10, 2015
mrrock:
I'm not interested in playing politics here rather I want to know the truth.

I'm 40 year old. May be I was too young to know about Buhari's contribution to the development of South western Nigeria for all the time he was in position of authority.

I'm aware Buhari have been minister of petroleum. I'm also aware Buhari have been the president of Nigeria in the 80's.

Babangida built the third mainland bridge in Lagos, so I heard.
Obasanjo started some power projects in South west, though he didn't finish them.
Jonathan is constructing Lagos Ibadan express road.
Jonathan have approved about 4 or more new universities in Yorubaland.

I want to know what Buhari have done for Yoruba's for all the time he was in power. What has Buhari done for Yorubas?.
I hope the yoruba nation will forgive me. The truth is that I did nothing for them. Instead I cluelesly terminated the rail project that would have solf the transportation piroblem in the state. I regret my actions. Pls tell Phipul not to vote for me. Am going back to daura.

1 Like

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by paBuhari(m): 12:31am On Mar 10, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

I did terrible things to yoruba people. Pls don't vote me. Am heading back to my 200 cows in village.
Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by Welrez(m): 6:10am On Mar 10, 2015
ziccoit:

You people are less politically sagacious. Your 100% support was based on sentiment and na our son mentality. The same thing that didn't happen in other regions. You block voted GEJ and he became president with support from other regions. Buhari despite been an Hausa/Fulani didn't enjoy same from the North and OBJ too was not block voted by SWners when he was there. You people are not just being futuristic in your approach to political game. It is you people's poorly played game that is going to assist in sending GEJ packing to Otuoke this year.

Now there is no way SS and SE can fraudulently record 94% return of registered voters like in 2011 with the card reader. Permutation doesn't favour GEJ this explain the reason presidency and PDP are fighting to discredit and stop the use of PCV and card readers.
If you like speak all the grammar in the world, but don't forget OP question. There is no higher level of sagacity than doing what has to be done. History will judge GEJ kindly in reference to the SW.

1 Like

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by PassingShot(m): 6:28am On Mar 10, 2015
It's funny how the OP is focusing on a 20-month regime which had to contain with a lot of challenges stemming from corruption and dwindling resources.

Buhari as PTF chairman distributed Nigerian wealth without any favour. He did this based on needs, geographic distribution of our population.

OP, if you have been to some secondary schools and higher institutions in the SW, you must have come across some structures and buses with inscription of PTF on them. That is a legacy of almost 20 years which has not been matched by 16 years of PDP rule and unprecedented crude oil earnings.

1 Like

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by minifuworld: 6:31am On Mar 10, 2015
Here we go

He restored the Lagos - Kano rail line which was abandoned for 2 decades

He is Presently Upgrading the Lagos Ibadan Express way to a super Multi lane road with supporting infrastructure

The Benin Ore Lagos express when has also made trips to Lagos easier

He has restored the Lagos mass transit rail system providing air-conditioned DMU trains to help commuters avoid traffic

When Ebola visited Lagos, President Jonathan summoned the best brains in the land and released enough funding via the MOH and Ebola was curtailed

Lagos and Ogun has the highest No of Youwin Beneficiaries

Lagos Osun and Ogun have consistently topped the list of Firrst class students sent to the Top 25 universities of the world on scholarship by GEJ

Even Aregbesola will tell you that his people have benefited from the return of the trains, Sallah and Christmas were times of high biz activities, people of the SW move goods to other parts for small token therefore making better profit

Good Luck is the deal

[/quote] is this what jonathan can boast of with the budget of 4.5 tr every year for 6yrs

1 Like

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:38am On Mar 10, 2015
egift:

We all know a minister is more important than a VP. Its just a ceremonial head. At least Gej wants to implement the confab report that would be the greatest benefit to us yourbas.

1 Like

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by Djicemob: 8:17am On Mar 10, 2015
SMH, Now i know nigerians are the problem of nigeria and not our leaders.Imagine dumbos above me saying "what matters is not what he had done but what he will do",for that reason,they'll vote him in.Was that not what people said about jonathan in 2011? What did he do out-of-this-world? We are in 2015 GEJ says "he will do" this and that,APC fans said they dont need a "i will do" president.Now,we are talking about buhari,the same people are saying what matter is what "he will do". What is the meaning of hyprocrisy again sef? i don forget. undecided
Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:23am On Mar 10, 2015
egift:

So just because of this nonsense,you are ranting on nairaland for ur own selfish interest?

1 Like

Re: What Has Buhari Done For Yorubas? by chinwike2(m): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2015
What has dictator Buhari done for south-west ? Beautiful ! He stopped lagos rail initiated by former lagos Governor jakande and he killed good old pa Ajasin out of hatred ! ! !

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Shuts Down Churches, Mosques, Over Noise Pollution / Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun / Zahra Buhari Calls President Jammeh Of Gambia A ‘child Fucker’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.