Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja (17012 Views)

Nigerian Lady Kicked Off Turkish Flight For Assaulting Air Hostess (Pics, Video) / Aviation Fuel Scarcity Delays Flight At Abuja Airport / Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by citizenisb: 11:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Arik Air, which in other worlds would have been Nigeria’s flag carrier, has struck again.

The airline, which is notorious for all sorts of delays and cancellations, often without notice, has delayed no less a personality than the Minister of Aviation, Osita Chidoka, who has been stranded at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja, for a few hours.

Mr Chidoka, in frustration, took to the micro-blogging platform, Twitter to complain about how his appointments in Lagos had been truncated, with no warning, nor an apology as of the time he started tweeting.

Am at Abuja Airport waiting for an Arik flight that was scheduled for 3pm and now changed casually to 5pm.

— Osita Chidoka (@Benossy) March 9, 2015

Unlike most Nigerian officials, Mr. Chidoka, to his credit, refused to throw his weight around…

I have refused to call anybody in Arik. Waiting patiently, though my appointment at Lagos is messed up.

He pointed out that thing that frustrates us all…

No text. No warning. Announcement made by about 3pm rescheduling a 3pm flight

Then preferential treatment…

Arik have just called for international connecting passengers to come for a message

Asked all checked in passengers to come for refreshment after 1hr 30mins of delay!

Then the usual, err, rescheduling…

Arik has called for boarding 1hr 15mins ahead of 7pm schedule. Have refused to speak with them.

Now Sir, let’s see what you are going to do to follow this one up…

Passengers deserve better service. Delays happen but what about texting us?

I am dealing with the issue of lack of data for route planning and schedule approval.

Ah!

On my side introducing night landing facilities at local airports will assist airlines in route planning

http://nairametrics.com/badly-behaved-arik-messes-up-ministerial-business/

2 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by falconey(m): 11:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
In naija I trust. Mr man wait or borrow one of janathan's 10 private JETs.

8 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by citizenisb: 11:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
Why are Nigerian Airlines lousy especially Arik that even flies international routes.

10 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 10, 2015
I don't understand the story sha, but I wanna comment based on the topic...

2 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by 0nyegame(m): 12:22am On Mar 10, 2015
Na him fault,if say im no wetin him dey minister him for no xperience such tin.oga abeg drop me for next junction i wan come down dia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by uboma(m): 12:31am On Mar 10, 2015
I doubt the authenticity of the story.

***modified***

Good to know that the Aviation Minister experienced the disappointments and lack of customer care relations perpetrated by our Airline Companies. This is the same experience ordinary citizens like us pass through from time to time. We are always left at the mercy of these Airline companies.

Let's hope that the Aviation Minister will address the incompetencies from the Airline companies.

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by scribble: 1:19am On Mar 10, 2015
Arik of life
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by ERODEDEAST(f): 2:44am On Mar 10, 2015
I blame both APC and PDP for this grin

9 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by lonelydora: 4:33am On Mar 10, 2015
Tasting his own medicine. That is to show you what ordinary Nigerians suffer daily because your ministry refused to their job properly.

4 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by otokx(m): 4:45am On Mar 10, 2015
He should investigate it properly.

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by dew1: 5:16am On Mar 10, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by go4value(m): 6:13am On Mar 10, 2015
make I collect front seat...

Aero own worst,flight that was scheduled for 11:30 was rescheduled 3times,left Lag around 5pm

GLO IS THE BEST NETWORK

3 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Nobody: 6:23am On Mar 10, 2015
I'm impressed by his decision not to unduely throw his political weight around just simply because he could but that he rather seized the opportunity and devoted his time to observe the lapses flight scheduling and boarding and was decent enough to even give reports. That's impressive.

Its only when the Minister and State Commissioners for transport decide to take public buses on the roads that we all ride on daily, that we will begin to see better roads. It is only when the Minister and State Commissioners for education put their children in public schools that we will begin to have access to better education.

I'm quite disappointed that like most Nigerians, Mr Chidoka does not know the difference between 'I'm' and 'am', or has the usage changed?

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:51am On Mar 10, 2015
mulante:
I'm impressed by his decision not to unduely throw his political weight around just simply because he could but that he rather seized the opportunity and devoted his time to observe the lapses flight scheduling and boarding and was decent enough to even give reports. That's impressive.

Its only when the Minister and State Commissioners for transport decide to take public buses on the roads that we all ride on daily, that we will begin to see better roads. It is only when the Minister and State Commissioners for education put their children in public schools that we will begin to have access to better education.

I'm quite disappointed that like most Nigerians, Mr Chidoka does not know the difference between 'I'm' and 'am', or has the usage changed?

He's only just starting to 'observe lapses'! What the heck has he been doing since he became Minister of Aviation?(!) He should have been aware of these lapses long before now, if he was actually on top of his job.

From the look of what goes on around us in this country , these guys do practically next to nothing in office!

14 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by seunfly: 6:53am On Mar 10, 2015
It is very good if they can patake in the suffering they forced on Nigerians.
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Bugatie(m): 8:13am On Mar 10, 2015
...and no one has been sacked or the airline grounded?
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by dridowu: 8:16am On Mar 10, 2015
Good Morning Nigerians
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2015
The honourable minister should purnish arik but get them to be better

They have to be our national carrier

But they should also give arik the unique right to land local flights at MM1

I don't understand why international travellers land in MM1 and connect to MM2 for local flight

That's madness.

You are subject to poor roads, poor luggage handling and poor traffic!

Arik needs to also start behaving like a world class company

I flew Arik internationally but had to beg for wine! Again that's madness!

4 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by ayusco85(m): 8:53am On Mar 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 10, 2015
Good for him.
Medview delayed my flight on Sunday so Kini big deal?
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by klins4213(m): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2015
Hmmmmmm....okay...so he don see wetin dey happen to common citizen ba?

3 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 10, 2015
whatever goes around comes around...
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by Isiterere(m): 8:55am On Mar 10, 2015
ah ah. this is not funny at all. grin grin

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by coldsummer: 8:56am On Mar 10, 2015
well it is good for them to feel what the common air passangers feel in the hands of these unscrupulous companies.

imagine our flight was cancelled and no one sent a message before that day to give us heads up until we got to the airport to check in. only to be told that the flight was cancelled since 3 days.

you miss your flight, you pay them, they cancel your flight it's business as usual. no regards

3 Likes

Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by GEJmustGO(f): 8:56am On Mar 10, 2015
Sai baba until mama peace denounce " stone anyone who say change " the woman is really crude, primitive and outdated. We need a modern first lady.
Re: Arik Air Delays Minister Of Aviation's Flight For Over 4 Hours In Abuja by sexyjob(m): 8:56am On Mar 10, 2015
I can't believe this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Rules To Survive In Warri / 9 Things To Bear In Mind When Reversing Your Car / More Guidelines For Operation Of Commercial & Industrial Facilities In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.