Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,157 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:18 AM

Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story (26838 Views)

Share The Most Hilarious Questions Your Child Has Ever Asked U. / Wives Kindly Share The Weird Stuffs You Do For Your Man Out Of Love. / Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by tobechi74: 3:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
Yea
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nothing happen by mistake
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Stevano007(m): 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
Babymama1:
My husband says as a Christian ,I shouldn't believe in what people call karma but I have seen this happen over and over again,people reap what they sow. Find me another word to call it. You can't sow coco yam and expect to go and harvest gboko yams

Too many examples I have seen but two stand out to me

One

I know a man and his wife who were close friends with this other couple we know. The two men had been childhood friends in Nigeria,emigrated to the the USA and remained tight friends ,both men married and their wives also became good friends.Eventually one of the couples divorced over the wife's infidelity.The other couple betrayed this man by remaining friends with that wife accompanying her to pack her stuff from her matrimonial home and giving her emotional support in the courtroom during the divorce.
We were so saddened to hear all this ,my husband expressed to the disloyal friend that he didn't act right and when the betrayed man told us about his divorce and his wife's infidelity in tears ,what hurt him most was the actions of his best friend and his wife.

A decade later ,that second couple were at the verge of divorce and one day it hit me,this was karma about to happen. I asked my husband to call this guy and ask him to go beg his former friend for his role a decade ago,my husband didn't want to be involved ,well they divorced and the man suffered worse fate.He ended up homeless and penniless and squatting with someone when the wife kicked him out and filed for divorce with a restraining order.

Two

A second case that stands out to me is an overbearing mother in law that treated her daughter in law so badly because she took a while to get pregnant and when the DIL eventually got pregnant she had a still birth and her mother- in-law told her the marriage was over.she went from that hospital back to her parent's house and the man married another wife at the command of his mom.

The MIL's only daughter was young when all this happened. She eventually grew up to be a very beautiful girl with suitors swarming.

She married the first husband and her MIL hated her with a perfect hatred.She couldn't conceive and the treatment got worse. She was eventually thrown out of her matrimonial home literally.i heard she threw out her belongings on the street and locked the door, she married the second husband ,an older man and he got sick a few years later and died .The girl had no child till this day.

It was just a few weeks ago it hit me and I told my husband,this is karma

Her daughter was treated the same exact way she treated someone's daughter ,perhaps worse.

Do you believe in karma?
Share your karma stories
These two stories are from African Magic Yoruba nah.. The first one is titled "Marriage Conspiracy" i can't remember the second one grin

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Adsguy: 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
kk
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by datguru: 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
Karma is a bittch
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by decountof(m): 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
The concept of Karma is that the cosmos repays. You get what you earn by your actions.

The best basketball player may die shamefully of Aids. The best President may be assasinated.

Al Capone is jailed for tax evasion. Joseph Kennedy begets the most influential political family in American history.

Karma does not work in the here and now. It works later on.

Alexander the Great, Joseph Stalin, and Adolph Hitler may have all been paid back with shortened lives. Mother Theresa may have been paid back with a long life (?).

The shorter lives of the evil ones cannot compensate for the megadeaths they all caused. The good sown by the Mother cannot be set against her private angst.

If Karma exists, it exists in Judgment day. It does not exist in the here and now.

Karma contradicts what we experience and observe. Thus, Karma is BS.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Misogynist2014(m): 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
Karma is a probability phenomenon, whereby it is likely that one's action(s) is/are recompensed.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Stevano007(m): 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
decountof:
The concept of Karma is that the cosmos repays. You get what you earn by your actions.

The best basketball player may die shamefully of Aids. The best President may be assasinated.

Al Capone is jailed for tax evasion. Joseph Kennedy begets the most influential political family in American history.

Karma does not work in the here and now. It works later on.

Alexander the Great, Joseph Stalin, and Adolph Hitler may have all been paid back with shortened lives. Mother Theresa may have been paid back with a long life (?).

The shorter lives of the evil ones cannot compensate for the megadeaths they all caused. The good sown by the Mother cannot be set against her private angst.

If Karma exists, it exists in Judgment day. It does not exist in the here and now.

Karma contradicts what we experience and observe. Thus, Karma is BS.
I see you're looking for likes, I've given you one
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by remsonik(f): 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
I believe very much in karma, yes it exists.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by steppin: 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
Karma is as real as Tinubu becoming the president of Nigeria.
If karma truly exists, then I must say it's selective.
Our politicians should be first on karma list, but I don't see anything happening to them.
Infact, they live a peaceful and long life, more than most people.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by MzQueen(f): 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
True smiley
chaircover:
I beleive that you reap what you sow . . .good or bad
Sometimes its immediate and sometimes it takes years.

I dont think that anyone really gets away with doing bad. I have seen & heard so many stories
Its just that people dont learn.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
Karma is a biacth and she means business sometimes it's better to walk away and let karma take over

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
Some times my broken self would want to curse. But I ask myself 'why add to nature's purnishment?
Karma is real
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
steppin:
Karma is as real as Tinubu becoming the president of Nigeria.
If karma truly exists, then I must say it's selective.
Our politicians should be first on karma list, but I don't see anything happening to them.
Infact, they live a peaceful and long life, more than most people.
Watch closely
I know a politician, nothing works in his family. He makes alot of money but he spends it on bailing one son or the other.
I dont envy his wealth atall

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by SHAAWA: 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
karma has no menu,you are served what you deserve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by scobaba: 3:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
I believe karma die.

November 7th 2000, I got to Ojota to board a bus to Enugu so as to pay my Acceptance fee in UNN where i had just gained admiss

I had plenty cash on me(popsy was happy this sturborn son finally gained admission and so dropped pepper wella grin).

One guy walked up to me and asked for 200naira, dat was small cash, but i did not give him. he looked like he just misplaced his wallet that early morning from the shock on his face, but i no still give am(stingy me).

To cut the story short, exactly 2weeks after that incidence, i begged for 200naira on the other side of the pedestrian bridge at ojota(just opposite where that guy begged me).I had spent all my cash in UNN cos i stayed back to enjoy school environment after paying the acceptance fee, so i had just my transport from Enugu to Lag and had to beg for transport from Ojota to my house.

2004.......Close to final year, UNN asked us to go get our original SSCE Result. i schooled far away in a boarding school, so popsy gave me 20k for transport, accomodation and any other expense...story, i use am buy timberland boot and plenty baggy jeans when i discovered UNN dint take the issue seriously.
2007, After my interview with my first Job in the Bank, H.R was going through our certificates and i was told to go get the original of my SSCE, i left for that distant town immediately, came back two days later with the result, by then they had cleared those who dint have issues. Alongside other guys with issues, i was told to wait for the next batch of training. i waited 6 Months cos of 20k i spent in 2004 and as a result missed a salary of 150k * 6months...900k in 2007 angry

I nearly krase. grin grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by ElFenomeno1: 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
Karma is bullsh..it!
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by html14java(f): 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
Any revenge I ignore for a wrong done to me always fires back to my prosecutor. But if I damn go for revenge, I will lose enough and yet, unsatisfied.
.KARMA IS REAL.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by steppin: 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
chidyhels:

Watch closely
I know a politician, nothing works in his family. He makes alot of money but he spends it on bailing one son or the other.
I dont envy his wealth atall
One in a million, just like a percent out of millions of Nigerians.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by deebrain(m): 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
its merely the secular term of,

"As long as the earth remains, seed time and harvest shall never cease".

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by RiffRaff: 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
I dont believe in Karma...
Karma is 1 of those thing those people who are sissies or helpless tell themself to feel better when they are cheated.

I believe in paying u back for ur crime when i can. With interest sef. An eye for 2 eyes.. That is how i roll.

Where Karma wan catch OBJ, Babagida & lot of horrible people that walked this Earth. Most of them lived a normal, happy life and eventually died like everybody else.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by haul: 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
I don't know if this is karma, there is this aunt of mine who behaves wayward a times but call it hustle,I collected some amount of naira from her which I used to place bet . so I place the bet first day,and a friend was telling me which kain life my aunt they live,so I had to backbite along with the friend,omo the bet outcome na 1 match spoil the bet,second day same thing I backbited about her lifesytle omo na same 1 match spoil am,that was Friday,Saturday on Sunday I tried troubleshooting so I never mentioned her name ,omo could you believe I wan that bet on Sunday at 1st half already?? since then stopped backbiting ooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by imperiouxx(m): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
Yes, I believe creditkarma.

Anymore questions?
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Setaje(f): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
This is also a true story. Cus the person is a family friend. This man was based in a....
. At age19 after secondary school, he came to lagos to live wiv a prominent family and look for job. Didn't have money to further his education. Not that his family was poor but his father married many wives so he wasn't seeing wealth. He got a job in a big factory then in lagos. I won't mention the name. He said he got the job through influence of the people he came to stay wiv in lagos. He said in the factory, they put him in a department where they pay salaries. And then salary was hand to hand. People weren't used to banks and there was no large denominations. He said the factory had casual workers who would either work for a week or for some days. So he was in charge of paying casuals. According to what he told me, he said many times, those casuals do not come back on the stipulated day for payments. Instead of him to send the money back he started signing that they have collected their money. He said he worked in the company for about 3 years and made his 1st million in the 70's........

He quickly resigned. Travelled to London to further his education and he got married. Has two houses in London and he was basically doing well. This man is now quite advanced in age. Two years ago, he was meant to come to Nigeria, he was pursuing a political post in his home town. All the money he saved all the years he was in London, he used the money to pursue his political ambition thinking that when he wins he would be able to regain the money back. He was duped by his own friends more than 150 million naira. He went back to London penniless. Call it co incidence. I call it karma.

And do not think our politicians who steal don't experience karma. Many of them get duped but cannot come out and say it. Many of them have kids that are either mad or half human beings. God forgive me! Don't think yahoo boys, Ritualist dont experience karma. Every dog has its day. You cannot cause another person pain and think u will be exempted. Even though you repent. Every dog has its own day.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Gboskee(m): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
Mamababy=Babymama1 post=31473353]My husband says as a Christian ,I shouldn't believe in what people call karma but I have seen this happen over and over again,people reap what they sow. Find me another word to call it. You can't sow coco yam and expect to go and harvest gboko yams

One

I know a man and his wife who were close friends with this other couple we know. The two men had been childhood friends in Nigeria,emigrated to the the USA and remained tight friends ,both men married and their wives also became good friends.Eventually one of the couples divorced over the wife's infidelity.The other couple betrayed this man by remaining friends with that wife accompanying her to pack her stuff from her matrimonial home and giving her emotional support in the courtroom during the divorce.
We were so saddened to hear all this ,my husband expressed to the disloyal friend that he didn't act right and when the betrayed man told us about his divorce and his wife's infidelity in tears ,what hurt him most was the actions of his best friend and his wife.

A decade later ,that second couple were at the verge of divorce and one day it hit me,this was karma about to happen. I asked my husband to call this guy and ask him to go beg his former friend for his role a decade ago,my husband didn't want to be involved ,well they divorced and the man suffered worse fate.He ended up homeless and penniless and squatting with someone when the wife kicked him out and filed for divorce with a restraining order.

Two

A second case that stands out to me is an overbearing mother in law that treated her daughter in law so badly because she took a while to get pregnant and when the DIL eventually got pregnant she had a still birth and her mother- in-law told her the marriage was over.she went from that hospital back to her parent's house and the man married another wife at the command of his mom.

The MIL's only daughter was young when all this happened. She eventually grew up to be a very beautiful girl with suitors swarming.

She married the first husband and her MIL hated her with a perfect hatred.She couldn't conceive and the treatment got worse. She was eventually thrown out of her matrimonial home literally.i heard she threw out her belongings on the street and locked the door, she married the second husband ,an older man and he got sick a few years later and died .The girl had no child till this day.

It was just a few weeks ago it hit me and I told my husband,this is karma

Her daughter was treated the same exact way she treated someone's daughter ,perhaps worse.

Do you believe in karma?
Share your karma stories
[/quote] grin[quote author=Babymama1 post=31473353]My husband says as a Christian ,I shouldn't believe in what people call karma but I have seen this happen over and over again,people reap what they sow. Find me another word to call it. You can't sow coco yam and expect to go and harvest gboko yams

One

Two

She married the first husband and her MIL hated her with a perfect hatred.She couldn't conceive and the treatment got wo
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by babilicious: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
I so much believe in karma infact karma is a bitch. Lost my job last year cos of a new lady from edo state whom was brought into my office. She and the Gm planned against me and bad mouthed me before the ceo cos they saw me as a threat in the office. I was given indefinite suspension and I quietly left. I simply handed everything to God. Just last week I heard she was indirectly sacked and disgraced in the office and the Gm has bn step-down to a project supervisor. All the things d edo lady did to me was done in multiple ways to her. Today I am working elsewhere and God has been taking care of me. In as much as I feel sorry for her cos she now has a baby (she's married now and d hubby is not rich) but she truly deserves what happened to her cos she was also wicked to the other staff and even sacked the office cleaner and I.T. Staff (by telling d ceo that d services of the I.T wasn't needed since her hubby does I.T too) even wanted to sack my friend in the office (front desk/ receptionist ) but as God will have it her position (internal relation manager) was given to the receptionist. God is faithful

7 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Symphony007: 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
Of course! As an eckist that is the cornerstone of our faith...an there in lies the shortcomings of Christianity, "sin all you want but give your life to christ and old things are passed away all things have become new"....utterly ridiculous, you must pay for all you do no matter how long, whether in this lifetime or next!!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by tron23(m): 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
Karma is very real what you Sow you will definitely reap.I have experienced this many times. The only way to avoid reaping negative is by repenting of your sins and sowing good seeds.
On the matter of our politicians who cause so much harvoc, don't ve deceived they are all suffering. Mist of them have incurable diseases, stubborn kids, failed businesses and so on. But they won't tell you. So be wise.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by decountof(m): 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
Stevano007:
I see you're looking for likes, I've given you one
... grin..no oga stevano007,m not looking for likes,i am a christian..... Karma is a theological concept found in the Buddhist and Hindu religions. It is the idea that how you live your life will determine the quality of life you will have after reincarnation. If you are unselfish, kind, and holy during this lifetime, you will be rewarded by being reincarnated (reborn into a new earthly body) into a pleasant life. However, if you live a life of selfishness and evil, you will be reincarnated into a less-than-pleasant lifestyle. In other words, you reap in the next life what you sow in this one. Karma is based on the theological belief in reincarnation. The Bible rejects the idea of reincarnation; therefore, it does not support the idea of karma.

Hebrews 9:27 states, “Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment…” This Bible verse makes clear two important points which, for Christians, negate the possibility of reincarnation and karma. First, it states that we are “destined to die once,” meaning that humans are only born once and only die once. There is no endless cycle of life and death and rebirth, an idea inherent in the reincarnation theory. Second, it states that after death we face judgment, meaning that there is no second chance, like there is in reincarnation and karma, to live a better life. You get one shot at life and living it according to God’s plan, and that is it.

The Bible talks a lot about reaping and sowing. Job 4:8 says, “As I have observed, those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it.” Psalm 126:5 says, “Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.” Luke 12:24 says, “Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!” In each of these instances, as well as all the other references to reaping and sowing, the act of receiving the rewards of your actions takes place in this life, not in some future life. It is a present-day activity, and the references make it clear that the fruit you reap will be commensurate with the actions you have performed. In addition, the sowing you perform in this life will affect your reward or punishment in the afterlife.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/karma.html#ixzz3U5YSZ0fS

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by olempe(m): 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
I believe whatever one sows that he shall reap, if that's what they call Karma, then I believe in Karma niyen wink

Meanwhile, Nigerian news resides http://nigerianscoop.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amazing Instagram Couple Transformation #10YearsChallenge / Fashola's Wife Welcomes Lagos First Baby Of 2015 (photo) / Theory Of The Modern Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.