Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate (2207 Views)

Hilarious Examination Questions From A Nigerian University Goes Viral (Photo) / Nigerian University With the Highest Number Of Rich Kids? / 10 Pictures Only Nigerian University Students Will Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by xristian19: 6:28am On Mar 10, 2015
Meet Miss Esther Okade who seems like a normal 10-year-old. She loves dressing up as Elsa from "Frozen," playing with Barbie dolls and going to the park or shopping.

But what makes the British-Nigerian youngster stand out is the fact that she's also a university undergraduate.

Esther, from Walsall, an industrial town in the UK's West Midlands region, is one of the country's youngest college freshmen.

The talented 10-year-old enrolled at the Open University, a UK-based distance learning college, in January and is already top of the class, having recently scored 100% in a recent exam.

"It's so interesting. It has the type of maths I love. It's real maths -- theories, complex numbers, all that type of stuff," she giggles. "It was super easy. My mum taught me in a nice way."

Read more here: https://marapolsa.com/meet-the-10-year-old-university-undergraduate-from-nigeria/

She adds: "I want to (finish the course) in two years. Then I'm going to do my PhD in financial maths when I'm 13. I want to have my own bank by the time I'm 15 because I like numbers and I like people and banking is a great way to help people."

2 Likes

Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by francizy(m): 6:33am On Mar 10, 2015
Just knew it's not in Nigeria.

For here we dey enter Uni at 30 self grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by estyvino(m): 6:49am On Mar 10, 2015
Op, I guess you meant university primary school!

Tho! Didn't read the details
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:27am On Mar 10, 2015
francizy:

We have them here too!
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by yommyphresh(m): 7:34am On Mar 10, 2015
choi! And one 35 year old is in some university is in some university in Nigeria, spending their 2nd extra year!
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by ekeneidiagbor: 7:40am On Mar 10, 2015
adonbilivit
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by lexychuks(m): 7:48am On Mar 10, 2015
Wow! I'm so proud of her
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by olu77(m): 8:05am On Mar 10, 2015
After her graduation she should sha come back home for her NYSC . Moreover we need more corpers for election

2 Likes

Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by MzMessiTohBadt(f): 8:09am On Mar 10, 2015
Uhnnn
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 10, 2015
At her age.. Mehn dis girl loves money, she wan open bank by 15..lol
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 10, 2015
At her age.. Mehn dis girl loves money, she wan open bank by 15..lol ;DAt her age.. Mehn dis girl loves money, she wan open bank by 15..lol
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by ardeks(m): 8:52am On Mar 10, 2015
francizy:

. Na true u kuku talk, no lie inside. Call me (08104025614) for complete video tutorial on web designing (XHTML, CSS, PHP, Mysql, JSON, etc)
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by francizy(m): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

We have them here too!

Make I hear! angry

10years old for 9ja still dey do "police and thief", "play rubber/canter", "do back flip", "play baba suwe", or "play 10-10"..

If you say 14, then I believe you. Apparently, the youngest I've seen got into Uni at 13 going to 14
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 10, 2015
OP,see ur life?
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by Rexhenrex(m): 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
and i dy happy say i enter uni on time,chai deris God o.if say na naija she they eh she dy e no go work lai lai,white people have been zuzuing since 1500Bc.
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by Kidaakudz: 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
She get luck ooo...
I trust Nigeria educational system; after crossing d hurdles of WAEC, JAMB and POST UTME, it will remain ASUU(if nt private institution) and lecturers' victimisation.
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by Okaka27(m): 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2015
Bullshit!!

Were is she running to?? angry
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by xristian19: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
estyvino:
Op, I guess you meant university primary school!

Tho! Didn't read the details

I meant university Undergraduate pls read full details
Re: Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 11, 2015
Big lie!

If you're not up to 16 you won't be admitted into a Nigerian university.

People will just make up stories.
And Yes! I didn't bother to read undecided

(1) (Reply)

Akanu Ibiam Releases Her First Semester Exam Time Table. / 20 Words That Once Meant Something Very Different To Its Current Meaning / Adeyemi Federal University Of Education Admission Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.