Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? (37074 Views)

How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC / 12 Cell Laptop Battery / How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? by awizzy1(m): 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2009
hey

How long does a 8cell and 12 cell battery last?

peace,
Re: How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? by segunb(m): 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2009
I use an HP Dv2988 Special Edition laptop with a 12 cell battery and the battery with power saving mode and reduced Brightness should last yu about 4-51/2 Hours depending on what program yu are actually running, it comes with a 4GB RAM so i run all my programs in power saver mode.

I hear Hp just launched a new 12 cell with 8 hours battery life
http://www.laptopsarena.com/8-hours-of-laptop-battery-charging-via-the-new-12-cell-from-hp/
Re: How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? by DoubleN(m): 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2009
I use a HP Pavilion DV6000 PC with a 12 Cell Battery and it runs for 4hours in Power Saver Mode with reduced brightness when reading and listening to music and just over 3Hours when watching movies.Kinda Unimpressive knowing i had to cough out 22,000 for it.
Re: How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? by lincoln2tg: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2009
Take HP Pavilion DV6000 battery for example

standard capacity hp dv6000 battery
4400mAh, 2 hours

high capacity hp dv6000 battery 12 cell
88mAh, 4 hours

Re: How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? by olaremint(m): 7:37am On Jul 12, 2009
i don't really the cell of my DELL LATITUDE D531, but using balanced mode, and on microsoft packages, (word excel) 8hours, browsing 4.5 hrs, music, 6hrs, films, 5hrs.guess DELL is a machine when it comes to batteries.
Re: How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? by ramonmulti(m): 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2009
8 cell battery last for 4hrs while 12 cell battery last for 6hrs respectively.
Re: How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? by alexjack: 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2011
From what I see and use, and the experience from talking to people, you should get an extra 45 minutes to an hour; 12 cells with 8 cells are worth the extra $ 25.Use the DVD drive, or do a lot of read / write HD will use more juice, etc.
Re: How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? by amblors(m): 2:04am On Aug 05, 2011
the maximum time my 12cell hp batt lasted was 4 1/2 hours.
Re: How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? by diggtwitter: 2:24pm On May 01, 2012
Let's take compaq Presario CQ42 Battery for example

standard capacity compaq CQ42 Battery
8800mAh, 6 hours

high capacity compaq Presario CQ42 battery 12 cell
8800mAh, 7 hours
Re: How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? by pcpartsretail: 4:15am On Dec 14, 2012
How to replace your laptop keyboard ?

1.Prior to replacing your replacement keyboard for sony vaio vgn-fe880e/h, make sure to remove the keyboard and disconnect the ac adapter from your laptop.
2.The first step to replacing your laptop keyboard is to remove the screws from the back of your vaio vgn-fe880e/h. Sometimes your laptop will have a picture of a keyboard next to the screws that need to be removed. Otherwise, see your laptop manual for details.
3.Above the laptop keyboard for sony vaio vgn-fe880e/h, you have a cover panel. If required, remove this part to easily access your keyboard. If you have screws above your keyboard, remove those screws.
4.Now that you have removed all the screws, you are ready to remove and then replace your new laptop keyboard.
5.To remove the vaio vgn-fe880e/h Keyboard, take a thin object and pry the keyboard out between the keyboard and motherboard. Be careful when removing the keyboard.
6.Now that your keyboard is loose, simply disconnect your keyboard. In order to disconnect the keyboard, pay attention to the keyboard connector and connector cable. Unlock the connector cable device and remove your laptop keyboard. Your sony vaio vgn-fe880e/h connector cable should be easy to remove by simply sliding it out.
7.Now that your keyboard has been removed, get ready to install your new laptop keyboard. Look at the back of the keyboard. If you see any screw holes, you will have a good idea of where to place the screws back in at the bottom of the laptop.
8.Connect your laptop keyboard for sony vaio vgn-fe880e/h to the motherboard keyboard connection slot. Secure the keyboard cable. Now turn your keyboard in place, and align the grooves on the bottom of your keyboard with your palmrest or plastic bezel. Secure your laptop keyboard in place, make sure it fits properly and is snug. Now simply place the screws back in place.

Re: How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? by lisapeter: 8:42am On Mar 14, 2013
generally
a 12 cell laptop battery will last 5-6 hours
a 8 cell battery will ast 3-4 hours

a wizzy: hey

How long does a 8cell and 12 cell battery last?

peace,

(1) (Reply)

Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? / USA Used HP Elite Book 8460 core i5 For Sale. / 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.