Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. (47149 Views)

Farmer Arrests Cow On His Farm In Abuja, Drags It To The Police Station (pic) / Plantain Chips Production And Packaging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by FarmTech(m): 2:54am On Mar 16, 2015
CoolAmbience:

I think I can be of help. Our Solution is not necessarily about energy generation but conservation. Rate of energy consumption is what is critical in determining profitability.

Air Conditioning and Refrigeration account for over 70% of energy costs in buildings and factories. Our Solacoat Energy Efficient technology guarantees 30-40% reduction in air conditioning costs and 10-15% reduction in total fuel consumption in power generating sets.

For example, If a single branch of a bank consumes 100,000 litres of diesel in one month. We are saying that our technology can reduce that amount by 10,000 litres. Lets say a litre of diesel goes for #100 (which we know costs more), that translates to #1,000,000 saving in one month. Now, multiply that by 12 months and total number of branches (buildings) of the bank, hotel, school, hospital, warehouse, estate etc.

As for solving problems of high sun radiation and achieving gas tightness using waterproofing, our technology is exactly what you need. All you need is 2-3 coats of a Heat Reflective System with very high reflectance and emittance capabilities. We give ten years documented guaranty on our product.

This technology has been used by global companies like Coca Cola, and in countries like Singapore, Netherlands, UAE, Australia and more, and the results were amazing.

You may contact us in Nigeria via +234 8039352489, +234 8077713522; Email us on: ContactProcorr@gmail.Com. Please view our global website: WWW.Solacoat.Com.Au

What I actually asked for is a sun resistant polythene/tarpauline etc. Gastight too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by FarmTech(m): 3:17am On Mar 16, 2015
tomiobj:
. Nw I see it. But why is thhe quality thatt bad.

I'll try as much as possible to do this if it's within my power after watching. Can this be doone with human/poultry waste
You have to watch out for carbon-nitrogen ratio, else you will be disappointed. Using only chicken manure which have very low c/n ratio will not work, what you'll likely get in ammonia smell. C/n ratio shud be 20-30. You can adjust it by combining one material with low c/n ratio and another one with high c/n ratio, eg chicken manure and rice hull, etc. The calculation can be found in the link above.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by tit(f): 6:31am On Mar 16, 2015
How much electricity will buhari 150 cows generate?
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 16, 2015
Pavore9:

koboideas@gmail.com

expecting your reply sir.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by tomiobj(m): 4:16am On Mar 17, 2015
Wow interesting. I have been looking for a clean. Source of energy that I can Uuse for my projects. I'll research more on this and test on a small scale. Sorry for any disturbances caused by this but can you summarise Alll the procedures for doinng this. M nt currently in lagos. My Internet is horrible. The video won't load
FarmTech:

You have to watch out for carbon-nitrogen ratio, else you will be disappointed. Using only chicken manure which have very low c/n ratio will not work, what you'll likely get in ammonia smell. C/n ratio shud be 20-30. You can adjust it by combining one material with low c/n ratio and another one with high c/n ratio, eg chicken manure and rice hull, etc. The calculation can be found in the link above.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by shinaf: 6:12am On Mar 17, 2015
We have some ready made equipment for this process , and what I can see from povere9's first picture, am not too such the tarpaulin is thick ,
6 CBM tarpaulin can accumulate up to 3cmb gas daily after fermentation of the organic subastabce use

1 Like

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Curiouscity(m): 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
jcflex:

this is quite educative and informative.
in as much as it is economical compared to the conventional hydrocarbon.

pls I will like to ask abt the effect on the environment. if each household decide to have one each, nigeria as example, everybody will wnt to have it own, odour from waste produce everywhere, air pollution, which can be inhaled, as well course diff kind of diseases and most especially for little children.

in this case pls it will be proper for you to enlightened us as well on the likely health effect and remedies.

am not trying to discourage pple on this, but for us to be more enlightened to know the positive and as well the negative effect. and if possible if their is anytin lik air purifier that can be use alongside this to contain any possible health effect on both human and as well animal in the community.

as you knw, if we nigerians goes for smtin, over craziness go follow am, when the negative effect start to occur, we will all shout and put the blame on our government.

Thank

The bold statements above is the bane of true development in Nigeria. We are too selfish!! While the 'white-man' is jealous that we Africans live a communal life, we are trying hard to segregate and out-do one another. What stops a whole community from having one large biodigester in a corner of the community, then the output distributed to people's home? What happens to the communities and communal life that we were known for?
Real Estate developers should be forward thinking in fostering communal resources, not only in the case of biogas, but other utilities. Imagine 10 tenants in a compound with ten different small generators ("I pass my neighbor"wink. Why can't the landlord buy one big gen and everyone pays for fuel as part of the rent?
At the rate we are going, real development is still far from us, even when many people among us are very rich.

5 Likes

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Pavore9: 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2015
Curiouscity:

The bold statements above is the bane of true development in Nigeria. We are too selfish!! While the 'white-man' is jealous that we Africans live a communal life, we are trying hard to segregate and out-do one another. What stops a whole community from having one large biodigester in a corner of the community, then the output distributed to people's home? What happens to the communities and communal life that we were known for?
Real Estate developers should be forward thinking in fostering communal resources, not only in the case of biogas, but other utilities. Imagine 10 tenants in a compound with ten different small generators ("I pass my neighbor"wink. Why can't the landlord buy one big gen and everyone pays for fuel as part of the rent?
At the rate we are going, real development is still far from us, even when many people among us are very rich.

l share your line of thought as communal approach yields more and saves costs.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by jasper7(m): 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2015
I have an ongoing work on this biogas of a thing, because it remains one area that will drastically reduce cost of production for farmers.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Pavore9: 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
jasper7:
I have an ongoing work on this biogas of a thing, because it remains one area that will drastically reduce cost of production for farmers.

it will surely do as it provides biogas for electricity, heating up of incubators etc. l will soon do a detailed post on post-harvest preservation of vegetables which would be ideal for our rural-folks as they can utilize those metal boxes hidden under their beds! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by jcflex(m): 8:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
Curiouscity:

Bros, tanx for this, we all knw what is obtainable in our society.

our government have fail us, both at the state and federal level.

as you rightly pointed out, it cost the government virtually ntin to construct one for each community, waste collector divert the waste to the plant for use.

with this, the safety of the whole community can be easily guaranty and monitor than each household having it own.

just like the I pass my neighbours gen you pointed out, it causing alot of damage to the atmosphere couple with cars exhaust fume, factory waste and the likes. but yet, the government careless, all this put together have greatly affect our life negatively, life expectancy on the reduction, cumulative of all this cause more havoc to human, animal and plant.
We have all heard about the Global warming.

two years ago we witness such, many life loss, farm eroded, when river niger and benue over floded, and we blaming cameroun for releasing water from one of their Dam.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by jasper7(m): 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
Pavore9:

it will surely do as it provides biogas for electricity, heating up of incubators etc. l will soon do a detailed post on post-harvest preservation of vegetables which would be ideal for our rural-folks as they can utilize those metal boxes hidden under their beds! cheesy
Can't wait o. I really wish our people can become a bit more innovative. A lot of things are wasting in Nigeria.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by aAK1(m): 1:46am On Mar 18, 2015
I can actually do the modification needed for your gasoline generator to work on bio gas
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Ezyp(m): 2:02am On Mar 18, 2015
aAK1:
I can actually do the modification needed for your gasoline generator to work on bio gas
pls can u share how it can be done
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by aAK1(m): 9:14am On Mar 18, 2015
Believe me when I say it's very simple if you are handy. All you need do is bypass the carburetor. The work of the cab is to convert liquid to vapor (gas). But since we are already working with gas, no need for conversion. You just feed the combustion chamber directly. Wit the same configuration you can also use propane
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by FarmTech(m): 1:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
tomiobj:
Wow interesting. I have been looking for a clean. Source of energy that I can Uuse for my projects. I'll research more on this and test on a small scale. Sorry for any disturbances caused by this but can you summarise Alll the procedures for doinng this. M nt currently in lagos. My Internet is horrible. The video won't load
The basic is to enclose organic matter to exclude air. Then you tap the gas produced and have an inlet and outlet.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by FarmTech(m): 1:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
shinaf:
We have some ready made equipment for this process , and what I can see from povere9's first picture, am not too such the tarpaulin is thick ,
6 CBM tarpaulin can accumulate up to 3cmb gas daily after fermentation of the organic subastabce use
Is your tarpaulin resistant to ultraviolent rays?
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by shinaf: 3:15am On Mar 19, 2015
No .the tarpaulin is around 0.8mm .....
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by MightyFortress: 9:14am On Mar 26, 2015
Non conventional, innovative... Just cool!
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by areb4u2008(m): 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2015
Worked on biogas as my final year project in school and i must confess the only problem i encounter is presurerizing the gas to flow from the digester to the biogas stove...Guess what i did to achieve my desired pressure....one more thing i was suppose to order for an Air Bag with a pressure valve from india dat can increase the pressure of the gas wen leaving the airbag to the biogas stove...but guess what again...

1 Like

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by boluwajokosegun: 11:33am On Apr 27, 2015
Go ahead pls
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by ThunderingHooves: 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
Wow.This is my first ever post and i was searching for biogas in kenya and it brought me here. Good to see one of the mods - pavore9 is a naija living in nairobi - hope u feel @ home..Now to business. It seems the basics havent been thorougly discussed here so i might as well weigh in using my engineering expertise. One tip i once learnt from an expert was to use steel wool(the one for scouring steel pots) to absorb Hydrogen sulphide which is the gas reponsible for bad smell. Perhaps one can insert it smartly just before the point of use. Additionally the gas produced can be bubbled through water to absorb Co2(the other major gas produced form digestion)-this has the double whammy effect of eliminating bad odour and purifying the gas as methane(the REAL biogas) is not very water soluble.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by coldFLARES1(m): 11:33am On Jun 30, 2015
Pavore9:

This biodigester is the owner's patent so the thickness and quality of the canvass is not in my privy!
Thanks for your education. Pls, are the tarpaulin biodigesters not available commercially? what brand name, sizes/volumes, prices? Then again, in the absence of technical resources in nigeria to modify our gasoline gens to a biogas configuration, could u help with a brand name of biogas power generator and price range? I have always had interest in biogas technology and would have to look around to be sure of a sustainable supply of feedstock while i wait for you to revert. pls could u help with a soft copy of a study material on the subject? Thanks a lot!
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by coldFLARES1(m): 11:55am On Jun 30, 2015
aAK1:
Brilliant! Do I take it that you have had experiences doing the said modification or you just trust your competences to help you? Care to drop your email so we could relate when i get to that stage. Thanks
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by coldFLARES1(m): 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
mercylicious:
@Pavore,
Very soon, shit will become scarce and ppl will be paid for their soakaway to be evacuated.
Very nice one.
You wished! But the true position is that the poo in the sump pits that have stayed longer than 60days may have expelled all of its gas and has no real value for biogas production. the best bet is to construct a biogas digester in the place of a sump pit with a drain to channel away excess water that will make faeces/water ratio mix unachievable.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Juliana7: 12:36am On Jul 01, 2015
Hmm nice thread
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by billyG(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
Mckmouth:
Haba,visit National Biotechnology Development Agency Airport Rd in Abuja,u wl get basic information about this as well.
All those useless research agencies we hav in naija,where is their pilot biogas projects anywhere in naija,these thing still look like d 8th wonder of d world to us.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by greenmatorganic: 8:19am On Aug 28, 2015
Pavore9:
@jcflex,

For fact is every home in Nigeria can not have this in their homestead. l have been to homes where it has been installed and l tell you for FREE that the issue of stench do not crop up, you really need to personally experience this to be fully convinced as this is a very environmental-friendly technology. The slurry that comes out after the waste has been digested and methane (biogas) produced is the organic fertilizer produced which some neighbouring farmers buy off from the owners of digesters.

The digester has a cross flow system where you feed it from one end and it flows across the digester and out the other other side. As it flows across the digester it is digesting and will fully breakdown so what actually comes out is dissolved minerals, there is no more fermentation going on as the food value has been exhausted.

Not everyone owns a cow nor have access to its dung, so once it is set up the dung is advised to be the initial feedstock after which kitchen/farm waste can be used, for those living around the riverine areas where the water hyacinth is a menace to water transportation, the water hyacinth is a very good feedstock as all they need to do is harvest the hyacinth from the river and have it chopped to smaller bits, so that it would digest faster and the gas is theirs for use.

In summary it is environmentally friendly as International organizations and Foundations have variously had it installed in communities and institutions in a bid to reduce dependence on the more conventional energy source such as charcoal, firewood, kerosene that are not health and environmentally friendly.

Some can key in at the level of production and retail the gas.

@Pavore9. That's why you wonder why all these Honorables are called as so, whom loot public treasury without the conscience to give back philantropically to their community or state.

In India that's what you have in most rural homes whom are cut off from the grid. They use it both for electricity and cooking. A gentleman in India is the one sponsoring the project as well as in Bangladesh.

The Lagos State Govt already does this by capturing methane at Landfills, which is the smell produced by microbes which has digested the organic waste from landfills.

It is then bottled as Biogas after the H20 is extracted from the captured gas. Graduates looking for work can trial this or those that already have Agric projects or are into farming, so the issue of smell wouldn't be a bias.

Once convinced you can then deploy it in neighborhoods, the mobile toilets at Bus stops don't smell either so I don't think the methane would be in the air as its been captured.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by CARLOSZ: 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
I have a piggery farm, can it work with their dung?
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by baba11(m): 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
Mckmouth:
Haba,visit National Biotechnology Development Agency Airport Rd in Abuja,u wl get basic information about this as well.
Any centre in south western Nigeria?
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by baba11(m): 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
FarmTech:

The basic is to enclose organic matter to exclude air. Then you tap the gas produced and have an inlet and outlet.
So in essence, are you saying we may not need the digester for our construction?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State / Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. / Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.