Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,495 members, 7,801,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola (30973 Views)

Nigeria Lost 3000mw Of Electricity In The Last Six Months – Fashola / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by pendy79: 8:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.

Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.

The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.

The project, courtesy of the state government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.

Commissioning the project, Fashola said he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point.

He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”

Also, General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the state had shown that reliable and sustainable power projects are possible through the youths.

Ogunbiyi said though it had been a successful story, the state was just scratching the surface in its “aggressive development plan” in the area of power.

Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro noted that the new IPP was an innovative idea of world-class natural gas-fired power generating facility, sold to the government by youths and it was bought into, to support government institutions, especially in the area of water supply and security.

The Lekki IPP is 8.5 megawatts, with the capacity for 30 megawatts.

This brings the Lagos IPPS to a total of 47 megawatts of electricity in total, powering several public institutions around the state.

The generated megawatts is however still a far cry from the over 10, 000 megawatts power deficit in the state.

On his part, the State Commissioner in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Taofeek Tijani, said the new addition was about continuity in public infrastructure programme of the state government

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by pendy79: 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
it sure doesn't require ROCKET SCIENCE as Lagosians can see at the Lagos Island Maternity and all other lagos state owned public institutions on the Island and Street Lights with Traffic Lights linked up to the state powered IPPs.

the IJU water works is on IPP, LASUTH is on IPP, ALAUSA state secretariat is on IPP

I think PDP need to step aside and allow COMMONSENSE REVOLUTION take place in Nigeria.

MODIFIED.
Load of uneducated, misinformed and illiterate comment on this thread.

Power generation is on the Exclusive List of the Federal Government just like Security, Military and INEC.

No state can constitutionally generate more than a certain amount of MWs except THEY WILL SEND IT TO THE NATIONAL GRID FOR OTHERS TO SHARE, so Fashola knows what he is talking about.

LAGOS WON'T STUPIDLY GENERATE POWER FOR JONATAN TO SPREAD, TINUBU TRIED WITH ENRON AND WAS BLOCKED by obasanjo and PHCN.

make PDP comot for road, redemption don come.

243 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by clevvermind(m): 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2015
fashola can lie sha. even the devil is afraid of him. grin

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Flets: 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
Fashola should complete lagos mono rail first even after spending over 10billion dollars

He should stop the empty noise and propaganda.

When independents talk, stooges should hide. Imagine a Tinubu's looting stooge yapping!!!

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Sirniyeh(m): 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
Relax BRF, after may 29, you will be our minister of Power. All your enemies should go and hold transformer.

Fire fire should take note!

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Boss13: 8:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
I consider this statement an audacious statement. It is not about talking but by doing. Fashola can go to Eko Disco and have the concessionary discussion with them. Eko Disco is now a private power company and their aim is to make money, any idea that will enable them make more money will be welcome.

Fashola take the bold step by approaching them.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Trailblazer1(m): 8:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
Just as you gave Lagos your phantom mono-rail in 8years undecided undecided undecided

Talk is really cheap

Imagine a stooge challenging the boss

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Orunto: 8:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
Fash you can do it in one week if you wish, but we are changing you for Jim Agbaje. Lagos, with the Agbajes, is much more safer

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by OLADD: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hmmmm. Boasting of ability to provide light in 8 months but cannot provide ordinary pipe borne water for Lagosians in 16 years! Why are Nigerians like these for God's sake? How long shall we continue to deceive ourselves?

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
President Babatunde Raji Fashola
President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2019 Insha Allah...

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by wisewisewise: 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
OBVIOUSLY FASHOLA IS VERY CAPABLE AND CONFIDENT. HE CAN DO IT ONLY IF HE WANTS TO.
NOT LIKE MR. CLUELESS CORRUPTION.
SINCE GOODLUCCK ABI BADLUCK CAME, NO RELIABLE POWER SUPPLY. ONLY RELIABLE BLACKOUTS AND ENDLESS EXCUSES WHY THERE IS NO POWER. ALL SORTS OF FUNNY EXCUSES FOR YRARS BUT NO POWER SUPPLY. JONATHAN'S "I WILL DO " HAS FAILED NOT ONLY NIGERIANS BUT THE WORLD

52 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by EdCure: 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
Boss13:
I consider this statement an audacious statement. It is not about talking but by doing. Fashola can go to Eko Disco and have the concessionary discussion with them. Eko Disco is now a private power company and their aim is to make money, any idea that will enable them make more money will be welcome.

Fashola take the bold step by approaching them.
Discos do not generate electricity. The federal govt still holds that responsibility.

28 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
We have got the resources, we have got d Manpower..Lets enhance our productivity by bringing in the right man for d Job....
Sai Baba
Sai Buhari

26 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by otr1(m): 8:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
“So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”
The art of good governance is pure common sense. It's only those that pocket 90% of our budget that make it a mirage.
Things must CHANGE after March 28

33 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by wisewisewise: 8:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
Mr OLADD THANK GOD FOR YOUR NAME. OLADD SAME AS DULLARDD.
DON'T DIVERT ATTENTION FROM HELPLESS NEAR TOTAL BLACKOUT ALL OVER NIGERIA.

DULLADD. NO BODY IS TALKING ABOUT PIPE BORNE WATER.
WHO NEEDS GOVERNMENT PIPE BORNE WATER?
I HAVE MY. BOREHOLES.
WILL WE CONTINUE TO USE GENERATORS FOR LIFE

11 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Trailblazer1(m): 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
olatunji21:
President Babatunde Raji Fashola
President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2019 Insha Allah...
just like Awolowo and Abiola undecided undecided undecided

Keep dreaming

13 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
Easier said than done....Hopefully, GEJ may appoint him as Minister of Power next tenure to make the sector very functional like Adesina is doing in the Agricultural Sector. God bless Nigeria. ....buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). 24/7 services available. Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by pendy79: 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2015
Trailblazer1:
just as like Awolowo and Abiola undecided undecided undecided

Keep dreaming

no like the unparalleled and unbeatable AREMU OKIKIOLU OLUSEGUN OBASANJO.

1976 - 1979

1999 - 2003

2003 - 2007

when was the last time we had an Igbo Head of State again?

yea I remember 1966 and for how long a 180days adventure

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by PedroJP(m): 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:
it sure doesn't require ROCKET SCIENCE as Lagosians can see at the Lagos Island Maternity and all other lagos state owned public institutions on the Island and Street Lights with Traffic Lights linked up to the state powered IPPs.

the IJU water works is on IPP, LASUTH is on IPP, ALAUSA state secretariat is on IPP

I think PDP need to step aside and allow COMMONSENSE REVOLUTION take place in Nigeria.

U probably missed this

pendy79:

The generated megawatts is however still a far cry from the over 10, 000 megawatts power deficit in the state.

I wonder what he meant by this

pendy79:
, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.
[/b]
[b]He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible,

"There will be". Was he just elected yterday and what limit is he talking about ?

8 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by ACTIONSOP: 9:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
Abracadabra Fashola can make 1 naira equal to 1 dollar only online

4 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Kingspin(m): 9:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
Sir, your eight years is a waste. You failed to transform Lagos to New York and u have almost spending 8years in office. The same way they want GEJ to do it overnight within first tenure. We must be realistic on issues on ground. Give Fashola another 4years, he cannot to do it. We need patience for goodthings to develop. Never again we give the country's affair to one man called Tinubu.The unity of this country is more important. Nigerians give Jonathan another 4years and you will not regret it.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by OLADD: 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
wisewisewise:
Mr OLADD THANK GOD FOR YOUR NAME. OLADD SAME AS DULLARDD.
DON'T DIVERT ATTENTION FROM HELPLESS NEAR TOTAL BLACKOUT ALL OVER NIGERIA.

DULLADD. NO BODY IS TALKING ABOUT PIPE BORNE WATER.
WHO NEEDS GOVERNMENT PIPE BORNE WATER?
I HAVE MY. BOREHOLES.
WILL WE CONTINUE TO USE GENERATORS FOR LIFE

It's a disservice to humanity if I don't talk to your senile brain. Any descerning mind out there definitely knows you are the real dullard. Now here yourself claiming you don't need pipe borne water because you have access to borehole! If you are not foolish, why do you need public electricity since you can equally afford generator? Your almajiri brain is worst than the people from the other side.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by pendy79: 9:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
PedroJP:

U probably missed this

I wonder what he meant by this

"There will be". Was he just elected yterday and what limit is he talking about ?

I think you probably need education and enlightenment of the Law governing Power generation in Nigeria.

It is solely within the purview of the Federal Government of republic of Nigeria and no single state government can generate more than a certain amount without sending it to the National Grid.

Fashola is saying Allow me handle it, I will perform what you think is impossible.

Tinubu did same with ENRON but NEPA said he cannot go ahead without following their guidelines.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by VickJames(m): 9:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
Why didn't you pick a presidential ticket in any party and run for president.
The power project you've been ringing in our ears in your 100days in office daily isn't forthcoming.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by SaiBuharii: 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
Yes he can!

6 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by pharmow: 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
Only if this guy could become the president of nigeria. His religion or political affiliation aside, Fashola is a very effective governor that could transcend into position of presidency and perform.

7 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by okotv(m): 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
he can he who says he can
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by gurunlocker: 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
Na sweet.... e always dey sweet for mouth

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by alaoeri: 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
Very feasible with competents hand.

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by ellechrystal(f): 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
Lol, if u can, y didn't u do that since?
Abegi.... give I six to eight months ke... in orderwords u r indirectly campaigning for Ambode...
Meaning if he is voted in, the contract will still b in check..
Rubbish, Mr man, u r not diff from every other politician.
Lies lies lies
.mtcheww I don tire for all of una abegi
At some point I thought this man had sense, I had so much regard for him until of resent , I never knew he was this petty with all his noise n rantings, abegi, leave talk for fayose,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by missbehave247(m): 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hmm
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Chinatownm(m): 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
And na u be boss for 8yrs nw. hw com u wan use 8months stabilize power. All dis APC brain gays are becoming sumtin else.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures From Funeral Prayers For Abike Dabiri-Erewa's Mother, Sadiat Abeke / APC Campaigns For Tinubu, Akpabio In Essien Udim, Akwa Ibom State / UK To Grant Asylum To ‘persecuted’ IPOB, MASSOB Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.