Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife (1636 Views)

Tree Growing In Between A House In Benin (photos) / Building A House From Scratch Or Buying One? / It's Wise To Rent A House During Rainy Season In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife by brownlord: 11:44pm On Mar 10, 2015

A homeowner in Indonesia has put her house on the market, and herself with it.

The two-bedroom, two-bathroom home in Sleman — a sleepy district near the Javanese city of Yogyakarta — comes with a fishpond, spacious backyard and a chance to ask 40-year-old owner Wina Lia for her hand in marriage.

The asking price is the rough equivalent of $76,500. “Buyers who don't negotiate the price,” the sales literature says, “can ask the owner to marry (terms and conditions apply).”

Wina's online ad went viral, prompting a local news outlet to track her down and confirm that the offer was genuine. “Indeed it’s true, Wina is ready to be married by a house buyer,” the headline says, as tweeted by Sleman's unofficial Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/IniSleman/status/575055166459674624

Dian Purna Dirgantara, the realtor who concocted the plan, tells TIME that his advertisement is working.

“Since yesterday morning there are continuous calls, I don’t count how many, there must be dozens or even hundreds.” He clarifies that marriage isn't a must. "If someone just wants the house, they can have that," he said.

Wina, a single mother, told news outlet Kompas.com that the idea was dreamed up when she mentioned her desire to once again find a partner.

“Dian suggested I put up the tagline ‘Buy the house and marry the owner at the same time.’ And I said O.K. to it. I’m looking for a husband anyway,” she said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/this-indonesian-house-is-for-sale-and-comes-with-a-pond-a-backyard-and-…-a-wife/ar-AA9AmJP
Re: A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife by menix(m): 11:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
Pls pinsure of d woman, lemme know if d house will b ok...

1 Like

Re: A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife by brownlord: 11:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
Will I buy this house and she be living as my wife and with my 76k dollars, we likely to spend the money together.

Best buy ever
Re: A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
No thank you
Re: A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife by brownlord: 11:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
menix:
Pls pinsure of d woman, lemme know if d house will b ok...
Brouhaha, oya here you go

https://mobile.twitter.com/IniSleman/status/575055166459674624

Re: A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife by menix(m): 11:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
brownlord:

Brouhaha, oya here you go

https://mobile.twitter.com/IniSleman/status/575055166459674624

Fanx, its a sure buy...
Re: A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife by ijobaooorun(m): 11:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
Intrested
Re: A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife by ijobaooorun(m): 12:00am On Mar 11, 2015
Interested
Re: A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife by brownlord: 12:06am On Mar 11, 2015
menix:

Fanx, its a sure buy...

Best buy, ever
Re: A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife by USAutoBuy(m): 3:20am On Mar 11, 2015
You have to maintain the house and the WIFE.

Double wahala

1 Like

Re: A House For Sale, With a pond and a Wife by brownlord: 11:58am On Mar 14, 2015
USAutoBuy:
You have to maintain the house and the WIFE.

Double wahala

Double wahala ke?

(1) (Reply)

Abuja: Tastefully And Very Beautiful 3 Bedroom Bungalow To Let. / A Plot @ Peace Estate Ogidan Ajah Lekki Lagos 8m Net. / America Panel Doors For 28k. Call 08167519248

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.