Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,949 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:12 AM

Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% (1134 Views)

DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React / Kemen's Brother Denies Reports That They Plan To Sue Big Brother Naija / You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 11, 2015
DSTV Enough Is Enough!! Fellow Nigerians, let's ALL boycott DSTV & GoTv services of MultiChoice Nig Ltd from April 1st 2015 for their planned & exploitative tariff increase which they want to FOIST on the over 2 million subscribers they have in Nigeria on April 1st 2015 (See front pg 9/3/15 Guardian newspaper). Enough is ENOUGH! Nigerians will ​no longer tolerate this! We will ​no longer tolerate the lack of Pay-as-you-Watch services they offer in South Africa & other countries but in Nigeria they keep our accounts run​ning even when ​we travel & there is no-one at home to utilize the service even though they know these Countries have less subscribers/population than Nigeria. They must implement PAY-AS-U-WATCH in Nigeria on April 1st & lower tarifs, ​we insist on it, ​we are not April Fools! They must make that Pay-as-u-watch service EASY for Nigerians to access with ​no tricks or long queues to sign up for it. ​No more substandard decoders!! Their monopolostic exploitative tendencies must end in Nigeria! As the Arab Spring brought change of Govt in the Middle East, this "DSTV Spring" must bring change, better services & lower prices come April 1st 2015 if ​we all unite as one! PLEASE re-broadcast this to everyone on your WhatsApp, BBm & WeChat contact list, Tweet it, post it on your FB Status till our VOICE is heard & heeded to in their South African Head Office & this is done, Change Must Come! DSTV Enough is Enough!
Re: Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 11, 2015
Lalasticlala
seun
do the needful
Re: Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% by 3Cees: 8:02am On Mar 11, 2015
Pay on time, get one year subscription free on US
Re: Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% by SuperSuave(m): 8:06am On Mar 11, 2015
We want change!!
Re: Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% by SuperSuave(m): 8:09am On Mar 11, 2015
Op, is that why you lied with the heading?

1 Like

Re: Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 11, 2015
SuperSuave:
Op, is that why you lied with the heading?
what exactly is a lie in the heading? ?
Re: Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% by verygudbadguy(m): 10:01am On Mar 11, 2015
BADNEAT:
what exactly is a lie in the heading? ?

Its actually 20% increment. Its hightime we dumped the SA companies and embrace our own..

DSTV out,Startimes in.
MTN out, Globacom in.

#Change

1 Like

Re: Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% by blustone(m): 10:11am On Mar 11, 2015
You might have already seen this...

DSTV Enough Is Enough!!

Fellow Nigerians, let's ALL boycott DSTV & GoTv services of MultiChoice Nig Ltd from April 1st 2015 for their planned & exploitative tariff increase which they want to FOIST on the over 2 million subscribers they have in Nigeria on April 1st 2015 (See front pg 9/3/15 Guardian newspaper).

Enough is ENOUGH! Nigerians will ​no longer tolerate this!
We will ​no longer tolerate the lack of Pay-as-you-Watch services they offer in South Africa & other countries but in Nigeria they keep our accounts run​ning even when ​we travel & there is no-one at home to utilize the service even though they know these Countries have less subscribers/population than Nigeria.

They must implement PAY-AS-U-WATCH in Nigeria on April 1st, 2015, this will LOWER TARRIFS; ​we insist on it, ​we are not April Fools!

They must make that Pay-as-u-watch service EASY for Nigerians to access with ​no tricks or long queues to sign up for it. ​

No more substandard decoders!! Their monopolostic exploitative tendencies must end in Nigeria! As the Arab Spring brought change of Govt in the Middle East, this "DSTV Spring" must bring change, better services & lower prices come April 1st 2015 if ​we all unite as one!

PLEASE re-broadcast this to everyone on your WhatsApp, BBm & WeChat contact list, Tweet it, post it on your FB Status till our VOICE is heard & heeded to in their South African Head Office & this is done, Change Must Come!

1 Like

Re: Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% by blustone(m): 10:36am On Mar 11, 2015
#BoycottDSTVNG, #BoycottDSTV

I totally agree with this.
Why cant i pay for just what I watch?
Why cant I select channels I want and pay for that only?

Once upon a time, MTN had monopoly with PER-MINUTE billing, but the market forces and NCC & Govt got the PER-SECOND billing operational; since then Nigerians have been getting better value for their money (apart from other network issues).

DSTV in Nigeria has a very large market base and can afford to switch to pay-as-you-watch option; these are all SOFTWARE driven and can be achieved.

I think a section of the Nigeria Govt may have compromised on this, some money may be going down some pockets in some corridors.

If not, how do you explain a South African company thriving so well despite the issues Nigeria & South Africa has been having in recent times?

I think we should tell DSTV enough is enough. My subscription ends on the 26th March, 2015, I will not renew it. I can get access to kids channels via so many Free-To-Air (FTA) stations, or other digital channels until #DSTVNGPayAsUWatch is achieved.

A Twitter search with "pay as you watch dstv" will show all that people are saying...
I'm also gonna hashtag: #DSTVNGPayAsUWatch
Trending already are: #boycottDSTV and #boycottDSTVNG
@DSTVNg, @DStvCare, @DStv
Re: Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 11, 2015
verygudbadguy:

Its actually 20% increment. Its hightime we dumped the SA companies and embrace our own..

DSTV out,Startimes in.
MTN out, Globacom in.

#Change

ok Bro. ..corrected
Re: Dstv Plan To Hike Subscription Fees By Over 20% by theV0ice: 9:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
If this is true, i too will boycott their services.

which kind exploitation be this? angry angry

(1) (Reply)

[ THE 100 ]____if You Re A Fan Of The 100 Movie Then Let Gist / Best Nollywood Experience: Starting Point! / BIG BROTHER Naija:task Of Secretes Brings Tboss To Her Knees,eating Rotten Food?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.