Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? (10008 Views)

Why Are Pregnant Women Exposing Their Bumps These Days? (photos) / Why Do Pregnant Ladies Act Funny? / Do Pregnant Women Fart So Much? My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 11, 2015
A senior colleague just got pregnant and she has been spitting and spitting, she tried chewing gum, it didn't work, she tried candy, it didn't work, she's using bitter kola now, but she hates it so much cos it's so bitter and it reduces her appetite, pls what should she do?
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 11, 2015
She should not stress about this condition because it has no adverse effect on her pregnancy.

She can:

Eat frequent, small meals and avoid excessive amounts of starchy food.
Drink plenty of water. Take frequent small sips. This will make it easier for her to swallow the saliva she do produce.
Try munching on crackers before getting out of bed, eating every two hours, and having a high-protein snack before bedtime.

http://www.babble.com/pregnancy/ptyalism/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 11, 2015
Let her look for cherry 'udara' and suck on it . . . the sour tastes helps one to swallow the spit.

And dink water . . preferably, cold.

Otherwise, nothing really helps with nausea/spitting in pregnancy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by thorpido(m): 9:57am On Mar 11, 2015
Make she dey spit they go.She can try some of the stuffs posters above have listed but sometimes they may not give a permanent solution.

She will only spit for about 9mths so no worries.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 11, 2015
sambarry oloshi ni e
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by SAMBARRY: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2015
Khabuqi:
sambarry oloshi ni e
so you dreamt of me that you had to call me into another thread I decided not to come

ok you have been noticed so dress grin

sambarry grin sambarry sambarry grin

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2015
SAMBARRY:
bet iwo onshey oniya wink

you have been noticed so dress tongue

Lmao
Obinrin meta grin
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by SAMBARRY: 10:12am On Mar 11, 2015
Khabuqi:

Lmao
Obinrin meta grin
emi lo'nkesi yen o jare

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by greatgod2012(f): 10:35am On Mar 11, 2015
@op, it's caused by pregnancy related hormones.
Although, it's not everybody that experience such hormonal changes, it depends on individual metabolim. What she can do to reduce the spitting is to always have raw ginger handy all the time. Chewing the gingers helps to reduce the spitting, it also helps to treat/prevent nausea.
Ginger is not expensive, she can use #50 ginger for 2 weeks, and it does not have any side effect.
Also, tell her to drink more water always to make up for the missed body fluids
You can goggle more on the usefulness of ginger.
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by njuwo(m): 11:14am On Mar 11, 2015
firstEVA:
A senior colleague just got pregnant and she has been spitting and spitting, she tried chewing gum, it didn't work, she tried candy, it didn't work, she's using bitter kola now, but she hates it so much cos it's so bitter and it reduces her appetite, pls what should she do?
Is her first right, she should try taking garlic, indian version.
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
njuwo:
Is her first right, she should try taking garlic, indian version.
where can she get the indian version of garlic from?
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by njuwo(m): 7:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
firstEVA:
where can she get the indian version of garlic from?
Indian market.
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
Saliva is better now cheesy
I dey cough out phlegm from d first month of pregnancy till delivery.
Any one that happens to go down my throat!na vomiting straight away.
Bitter kola and yoruba chewing stick in my mouth 2 4 7.
E no easy o cheesy

Most drs don't even know the medical term for mine.
The worst thing that can happen to a pregnant woman. Suffered by very unlucky few.

So @op,tell her she may overcome that as d preggy advance.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
moca:
Saliva is better now cheesy
I dey cough out phlegm from d first month of pregnancy till delivery.
Any one that happens to go down my throat!na vomiting straight away.
Bitter kola and yoruba chewing stick in my mouth 2 4 7.
E no easy o cheesy

Most drs don't even know the medical term for mine.
The worst thing that can happen to a pregnant woman. Suffered by very unlucky few.

So @op,tell her she may overcome that as d preggy advance.

wow, it's not easy o! That 9 months may feel like 2 years or more, women are really strong.
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by pwerrymansion(f): 11:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
Na me be their class Rep for spitting class during pregnancy cheesy! I indulge in all kinds of pica consumption especially the white chalk(Nzu) becos candies and bitter cola induces mine..... She just needs to take more fluid bt in little amount like someone mentioned. Because the more saliva u expel, the more weaker and dehydrated u get. All will be over after the 9 months grin
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Spit Out Saliva Continuously? How Can They Be Helped? by r33d(m): 6:37pm On May 29, 2015
Pregnancy matters no easy oo cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Slept With My Brother''s Wife / 2-yr Old Offering Food To Her Handicapped Mom / Beware Of SLIM LITE COFFEE Lose Kilos Lekki Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.