Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Help! Any Ideas About Anything On Psp; Applications, Upgrading,games,e.t.c - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! Any Ideas About Anything On Psp; Applications, Upgrading,games,e.t.c (1386 Views)

Rooting MTN Android S620... Any Ideas?? / HELP! Any Samsung Galaxy SIII User, Enter Abeg / Upgrading From Android 2.2.1 (froyo) To 2.2.3 (ginjerbread), How Is It Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Any Ideas About Anything On Psp; Applications, Upgrading,games,e.t.c by dljbd1(m): 5:36pm On Jan 14, 2009
pls ur ideas r needed
Re: Help! Any Ideas About Anything On Psp; Applications, Upgrading,games,e.t.c by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2009
Go to games section. Infoseye knows much app.can also aid u there.but first r u running custom firmware
Re: Help! Any Ideas About Anything On Psp; Applications, Upgrading,games,e.t.c by Infoseye(m): 4:17pm On Jan 16, 2009
dl_jbd:

pls ur ideas r needed

Yea what exactly do you need friend? Just as my friend said pc guru, you must be running on a custom firmware first. Anyway let me know ok, then I wil help you out.
Re: Help! Any Ideas About Anything On Psp; Applications, Upgrading,games,e.t.c by dljbd1(m): 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2009
system software 3.10 OE-A

pls, i would b grateful if u can xplain things 2 me
Re: Help! Any Ideas About Anything On Psp; Applications, Upgrading,games,e.t.c by textmypage(m): 7:35am On Jan 26, 2009
@infoseye,wia can i get dse apps: spymaster tools, java pdf converter sdk,etc. pls send me ur yim or email so dat i can send u a list of apps dat i need.i use a motorola vodafone SLVR L7 Phone
Re: Help! Any Ideas About Anything On Psp; Applications, Upgrading,games,e.t.c by Infoseye(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2009
textmypage:

@infoseye,wia can i get dse apps: spymaster tools, java pdf converter sdk,etc. pls send me ur yim or email so dat i can send u a list of apps dat i need.i use a motorola vodafone SLVR L7 Phone

Here is my email infoseye@yahoo.com am not sure motorola can handle such applications as you would like currently I use SE K750i and I also got an LG ku990 but all the same send me the list or list them here I could give you direct download links cheers.

Infoseye.
Re: Help! Any Ideas About Anything On Psp; Applications, Upgrading,games,e.t.c by Infoseye(m): 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2009
dl_jbd:

system software 3.10 OE-A

pls, i would b grateful if u can xplain things 2 me

My broda its a long story hope you are ready to start?
Re: Help! Any Ideas About Anything On Psp; Applications, Upgrading,games,e.t.c by Infoseye(m): 1:18pm On Jan 26, 2009
Here is what you need to know first of all

"Homebrew" refers to programs such as games, utility software, and the like, that are made at home by individual people (as opposed to development companies).

Homebrew programs have been made for many systems, including PC (a lot of shareware and freeware falls in this category), iPod, Gameboy Advance, XBox, cell phones, and more. PSP homebrew has a growing and thriving community producing all kinds of interesting applications that can be run on a PlayStation Portable.

How is Homebrew Possible?

The first Japanese PSPs were sold with firmware version 1.00, which could run unsigned code (that is, programming code that was not "signed" or approved by Sony or a Sony-authorized developer). People soon discovered this fact, and PSP homebrew was born.

When the firmware was updated to version 1.50 (the version that the earliest North American machines were released with), homebrew was slightly more difficult, but thanks to an exploit it is also possible to run unsigned code on PSPs with this version. In fact, version 1.50 is considered to be the best firmware for running homebrew, as it can run all homebrews without major problems. (Unfortunately, many newer games require at least version 2.00 to run, but a way has been found to make a 1.50 machine look like a 2.xx machine to a game.)

Homebrew Countermeasures

Further firmware updates to versions 1.51 and 1.52 included measures to render homebrew inoperable, but a new exploit was discovered that works with versions 2.00 and up, but it requires the user to have a copy of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. Machines with firmware 2.00 and higher can't run all homebrews, but they can run quite a few, and there are more programs created all the time.

Why Bother With Homebrew?

Many PSP users will be happy using their handheld to play commercially released games and movies, but there are always people who want more. There have been some interesting games developed by homebrew programmers, as well as useful utilities such as a calculator and an instant messenger program. More than that, homebrew can be fun, and it represents the ultimate challenge to an amateur programmer.

More on Firmware

The specific way that homebrew can be run on a PSP depends on the firmware version installed on the machine. If you're going to try out homebrew, the first thing you'll need to know is what firmware version your PSP has.

I will post the next things you need to know tomorrow or when you ready ok later.

(1) (Reply)

MTN Is Thief-Thief / Use A Nokia N900 To Hack Your Ps3 To Play Backup Games :) / Airtel Bis Unlimited Is A Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.