Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio (18487 Views)

Lere Olayinka's Tweet About Buhari's Age Vs Aisha's / Buhari's Age Limitation: Nigerians Mock Femi Adesina / Dele Momodu Defends Buhari's Age On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by elbinmanny(m): 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
kastonkastrol:
during buhari's regime, inflation dropped from 40% to 5.5%... Is this buhari's idea a bad one to akpabio?

During buhari's regime, our native currency enjoyed a stablity of $1.5,#0.9 and D.M.3.5 to 1 nigerian naira between 1984 - 1985. Is this buhari's idea a bad one to akpabio?

Nigeria first petroleum storage and distribution depots with a capacity each to store between 14 and 45 days fuel for domestic consumption were set up during buhari's tenure. Is akpabio also seeing this as a bad idea? Buhari achieved all these and many more within a very short period of 18months.

Buhari's regime would have turned Nigeria ionto a fulfilling promised land had it not been sacked by fifth columnist of the nigeria military elite.

Akpabio should better zip his mouth if he don't have anything good to say about the people's general.
really? Your history teacher needs to refund your school feea or risk being tied by the balls at eagles square and stoned to deat angry

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by menesheh(m): 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
slimfit1:

Its better than a drunken alcoholic in Aso rock !

grin
How
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by elbinmanny(m): 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
kastonkastrol:
all this half baked illiterates self for this NL.... Is it not the commander that gives orders to his subordinates? So you want to tell us that idiagbon was acting without instructions from his superior officer(buhari)?
are u refering to a commander that was overthrown with a phone call? grin
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by nellyjohn: 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
Even the age of his idea is too poor as well. Someone who can't remember his phone number, the name of his running mate, the full meaning of INEC even after contesting 4time, and can't remember the full meaning of his party. Now tell me how he can rule this great country Nigeri?
So, whether by physical age or age of his idean it's dame too old to be the president
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by maestroferddi: 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
This one na technical finishing from Akpabio...
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
olas24u:
Leaders surround themselves with competent people with great and trans formative ideas. GEJ with his age could not bring the needed change .so empirically it is unfounded.Obj surrounded himself with people of ideas that worked with him .They paid the debts,they invested in telecommunications,they increased the minimum wages ,they allowed private universities to operate etc.GEJ could not provide ordinary electricity to enable people sleep well in their homes.

Look at jonathan's cabinet and tell me the people there without ideas. Is it akinwunmi adeshina, olusegn aganga, mike onolememen(works), ngozi okonjo iweala. Tell us the people without ideas in his governmrnt.

Lemme bust ur lies. FG did not invest in telecommunications. The sector was liberalised and private pple came in, the fg just gave them licenses and enabling environment in terms of rules and laws. It was GEJ that increased minimum and pls check on the number of private universities that have been approved since GEJ came on board. 9 new universities were approved few weeks ago.
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by Brightology2(m): 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
Ur fada is a mad man
Orijin102:
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6taSe4EoJlPuCCcPL00zosSuWNtbgBz_Qggp4dUko9lvaQLz9dh1pdb0[/img]
We don't want that madman to rule us again, all we want is CHANGE!!!!!

keep calm and vote Buhari cool
#I_Have_Decided
GMB 2015
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

Hehehehe...na we be robots...issokay. What is the plan of APC for Nigeria nd tell us how they are going to do it?... your time starts now!

Why not buy me a 60 leaves exercise book with biro so i can write an essay on the plan of APC Mumu undecided
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by IVORY2009(m): 12:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
kastonkastrol:
mumu, so buhari was the "military degree and all the juries" in 1984/1985 abi ?

there is nothing like "mumu" in here, discuss the issue @ hand, Buhari during his military days can do and undo, u know as a military president, he don't need the approval of any court to carry out is functions on like a democratically elected president, that needs the house to approve before he can function, dats is the difference, duo the house does "oversight function" he will still need their approval.
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by SpencerLewis(m): 12:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
kastonkastrol:
all this half baked illiterates self for this NL.... Is it not the commander that gives orders to his subordinates? So you want to tell us that idiagbon was acting without instructions from his superior officer(buhari)?
Don't mind all these NL JonaTANoids clowing around here. Idiagbon was a brigadier and Buhari a Maj. Gen then and d C-I-C. Just b/c IBB came in and usuarp the 2 office as one and created a fake chief of general staff which is akin to Shagari's creation of chief of defence staff without any defined role then. The 1st occupant of that post Lt. Gen. Akinrade only come to his officer to read newspapers. The service chiefs were still reporting to Shagari.
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by Nicklaus(m): 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
Bingo! Funny my mom who doesn't do politics said the same thing about buhari. While some think he was that strict dictator, he was actually cowering behind his vice president Idiagbon who was the voice of buhari.. I wonder how he intends to do it now, oshibawonjo would probably be his proxy cheesy, I shudder to imagine how embarassing their reign ll be. Nice one OP. Gej all d way......
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by M4gunners: 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
olas24u:

So the state of Nigeria at this moment is transformation?even Abacha lead a very prosperous country with all te challenges at that time
Jonathan may not be that perfect, but he is definitely far better than his charllenger when it comes to transformation. Which Abacha abegi.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
searching4love:

Why not buy me a 60 leaves exercise book with biro so i can write an essay on the plan of APC Mumu undecided

I was really expecting the insult bro. Oya! Make I help u. Am clueless, am like Jonathan. Add more...I know u will always run away when it comes to being engaged on an intellectual battle field. Ur candidate is synonymous with that. So I wasn't expecting any better from you. Sell ur candidate and their manifesto to me and u dey call me mumu....uwc bro
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by eedris07(m): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
Una wori abt his age una no wori abt his age oo, me na him mi go vote for..
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
elbinmanny:
are u refering to a commander that was overthrown with a phone call? grin
All the lies you guys are telling that ibb overthrew buhari by just a phone call are just plain silly... Ibb overthrew buhari because the latter trusted the former.. Ibb only betrayed the trust buhari had in him. I will urge you guys to stop spreading falsehoods about what you don't know
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by laiza(m): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
IfyAwazie:
Can the general be as active as he was back then without idiagbon. I doubt it.
Is Idiagbon the only man in Nigeria that can work with the General?
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

I was really expecting the insult bro. Oya! Make I help u. Am clueless, am like Jonathan. Add more...I know u will always run away when it comes to being engaged on an intellectual battle field. Ur candidate is synonymous with that. So I wasn't expecting any better from you. Sell ur candidate and their manifesto to me and u dey call me mumu....uwc bro

Ogbeni koshi jaree angry
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
I am most worried about the rascality and cluelessness of GEJ's ideas. Buhari's ideas are filled with wisdom and intelligence.
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by KingGeorge1: 12:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
kastonkastrol:
during buhari's regime, inflation dropped from 40% to 5.5%... Is this buhari's idea a bad one to akpabio?

During buhari's regime, our native currency enjoyed a stablity of $1.5,#0.9 and D.M.3.5 to 1 nigerian naira between 1984 - 1985. Is this buhari's idea a bad one to akpabio?

Nigeria first petroleum storage and distribution depots with a capacity each to store between 14 and 45 days fuel for domestic consumption were set up during buhari's tenure. Is akpabio also seeing this as a bad idea? Buhari achieved all these and many more within a very short period of 18months.

Buhari's regime would have turned Nigeria ionto a fulfilling promised land had it not been sacked by fifth columnist of the nigeria military elite.

Akpabio should better zip his mouth if he don't have anything good to say about the people's general.

Nice reply, but you have just ended up allowing your emotion and sentiment to be played by Akpabio's political speech. grin grin grin
I Just pray more Nigerians will see things the way i do concerning GMB and his insatiable desire to rid Nigeria of the cancer called corruption, if he must tackle the disease headlong, his approach must cut across the nook and cranny of our Great Nation, irrespective of how, when and who's involved. But my salient question and doubt still remains, how will he do that with the endless processes entails in a democratic dispensation which does not involved the use of decrees but lobbying, manipulation and political maneuvering, especially, with the present crops of Lawmakers, Governors, economic, ethnic and religious forces that have become very critical in the day to day running of the Ship of the Nigerian State.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by brownlord: 12:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
kastonkastrol:

Oga Nobel laureate, but when people refer to the crimes and evil committed by that same regime, janjaweeedss robot like you are quick to exonerate Buhari and blame it on idiagbon, atleast I have seen so on this forum by some of Buhari's paid PR PROFESSIONALS contracted to launder Buhari's image.

So my question to you is.

Do I we blame Buhari for the illegal execution, jail and torture of Nigerians and do we blame him for whipping my fathers sass and grand mother under the guise of waring against indiscipline?

I need answers
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by brownlord: 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
KingGeorge1:

Nice reply, but you have just ended up allowing your emotion and sentiment to be played by Akpabio's political speech. grin grin grin
I Just pray more Nigerians will see things the way i do concerning GMB and his insatiable desire to rid Nigeria of the cancer called corruption, if he must tackle the disease headlong, his approach must cut across the nook and cranny of our Great Nation, irrespective of how, when and who's involved. But my salient question and doubt still remains, how will he do that with the endless processes entails in a democratic dispensation which does not involved the use of decrees but lobbying, manipulation and political maneuvering, especially, with the present crops of Lawmakers, Governors, economic, ethnic and religious forces that have become very critical in the day to day running of the Ship of the Nigerian State.

Please remind the robot that ibori was not found guilty of about 107 count charge but later sentenced for same crime by a foreign court.

Perhaps Buhari will make use of the same judicial system of forcing court to give sham judgement even if the accused is innocent
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by laiza(m): 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
saintTim:

Biagodu ! What ideas are u talking about ?

Stealing ?
Killing ?
He is not educated we all know etc

So tell me something I don't know

GEJ till 2019
it's obvious that the things you don't know is killing you. Do you have a B.Sc? Doubt it, M.Sc? That's way too much for your brain. The "uneducated man" has both. Now tell me what your criteria for education really is? I don't need to like Buhari to vote him because the spate at which you PDP act towards him wanna make me see what's he's got. #Changeisinevitable. You either go with it or be swept aside.
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
searching4love:

Ogbeni koshi jaree angry

Ur intellectual laziness beggars belief. U r now free to run away...oya run!
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by jerrymania(m): 12:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
berem:
You couldn't even wait for me to finish creating the topic,you done land already, Robot Mugabe?

grin

lalasticlala,fp please!

so next time you create a topic, make sure your keep space mode is active on another browser.
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by emmysoftyou: 12:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
SpencerLewis:

Till U get common sense that is not for sale in the market (weda black or white).
Olukwu like u.
chai..yu re beta dan dis na..

I can understand yur frustration,yu really need a change from GEJ....

Ndo mkpi
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by UnimkeAk(m): 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
berem:
Akwa Ibom State governor Godswill Akpabio has declared that the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress Muhammadu Buhari is not too old to lead the country if he is healthy enough to do so. However, he noted that Nigerians will not allow Buhari to use an old trick to deceive them.

Speaking at a strategy meeting of the PDP governors in Lagos, Akpabio said: “We are aware that some people have complained about the age of General Buhari. But we do not see anything wrong with his age if he thinks he can withstand the rigours of the job.

“But, we are extremely concerned about the age of his ideas. We are concerned that a man who could not take charge when he was in his 40s but rather bequeathed, to historical infamy, a regime named after two people (Idiagbon/Buhari regime instead of one person as has always been the case) cannot take charge at 73 when his health would need constant monitoring.

“We are concerned about the age of his ideas because 50 years after the first coup, hinged on fighting corruption, Buhari is still thinking of using the same subterfuge to deceive us today. We dare not allow anyone to use a 50-year-old trick to destroy our democratic values. We are wiser today.”

The governor also cited what he claimed as contradictory positions by the APC on the Boko Haram insurgency, saying the party has moved between accommodating the group and pushing for its extinction.

“When the Federal Government was contemplating negotiating with the dreaded Boko Haram group, Boko Haram nominated Gen. Buhari as their chief negotiator. The APC is like the man who set his seat ablaze in the theatre, and ran out screaming, ‘fire, fire, fire.’ But God has intervened, and we are defeating Boko Haram.

“Despite the antics of the opposition and others sympathetic to Boko Haram, the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, and indeed the military have been able to rise to the occasion by decimating insurgents and restoring hope of a peaceful North-East in particular and Nigeria in general.”

Akpabio also faulted the preparation of INEC for the elections, warning that no voters must be deprived of their rights to vote on account of what he described as the failures of the card readers.

“We reassert that on no account should any registered voter be disenfranchised for non-possession of PVCs owing to no personal fault or rejection by faulty card readers.”

http://www.informationng.com/2015/03/we-are-not-worried-about-buharis-age-but-about-the-age-of-his-ideas-akpabio.html

Somebody that couldn't change the country when he was young and had absolute power, of what use will he be in a democracy
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by totorimi: 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
I will rather go on exile instead of me to vote for an illiterate with this my one PVC. Buhari should go and rest and pray for the country. He should go and take some lessons from Abdulsalam and IBB and not to be behaving like that babalaiye of Ibara town. Haba elders must behave elderly ke
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
IVORY2009:

there is nothing like "mumu" in here, discuss the issue @ hand, Buhari during his military days can do and undo, u know as a military president, he don't need the approval of any court to carry out is functions on like a democratically elected president, that needs the house to approve before he can function, dats is the difference, duo the house does "oversight function" he will still need their approval.
mumu, just like a democratic government, the military regime also directs all criminal cases/offenses to a military tribunal. Buhari will not just wake up one morning and say; hey officer A, please go and kill this person because I don't like his face.. Their laws are always operated under a military degree which was there even before buhari ever dreamt of becoming the head of state.. Abeg if you don't have any meaningful thing to post, please go and sleep.
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by olas24u(f): 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

Look at jonathan's cabinet and tell me the people there without ideas. Is it akinwunmi adeshina, olusegn aganga, mike onolememen(works), ngozi okonjo iweala. Tell us the people without ideas in his governmrnt.

Lemme bust ur lies. FG did not invest in telecommunications. The sector was liberalised and private pple came in, the fg just gave them licenses and enabling environment in terms of rules and laws. It was GEJ that increased minimum and pls check on the number of private universities that have been approved since GEJ came on board. 9 new universities were approved few weeks ago.

Ghanaians started using mobile phones before Nigerians started to use it .It was Obj government that accelerated the process after the licences have been been issued for many years without any investor coming to provide the services .Government make policies so the initiator of the policies that leads to implement ion is responsible.Obj initiated it and we expected GEJ to continue in a good direction of improving lives.Their many fire brand Nigerians .It is only the agricultural minister that did some small things the rest of the economic teams are all story tellers.How can you be mentioning Okonjo iweala,all her achievements could not impact on the people .You want to put wool on our eyes.
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by adeA1(m): 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
Isn't this the Akpabio that has pleadged to Buhari in ... Anyway this s jst a public says sha!!
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by IVORY2009(m): 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
kastonkastrol:
mumu, just like a democratic government, the military regime also directs all criminal cases/offenses to a military tribunal. Buhari will not just wake up one morning and say; hey officer A, please go and kill this person because I don't like his face.. Their laws are always operated under a military degree which was there even before buhari ever dreamt of becoming the head of state.. Abeg if you don't have any meaningful thing to post, please go and sleep.

you mean u call me mumu? For going against u?
Re: We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio by nortcentrallord(m): 12:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hahahahaha. I thought they said Akpabio was funding general73mustruleNigeria's campaign. The Akpabio that I know, These children of h8 err. Hehehehehe. You guys are just jobless, nonsence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Men Of God Have Become Lovers Of Worldly Materials And Wealth- Dino Melaye / FG Dismisses Report Of Execution Of Nigerians In Saudi / Army Cancels Conference As Senior Officer Tests Positive, Dies Of COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.