Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur (1643 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by sunnico(m): 11:14am On Mar 11, 2015
Hi everyone I must confess to you that they are so many talented programmers on nairaland, and so many young geeks out there who could have been more succesfull if they got enough support
So I thought of creating this thread to help ourselves with those project ideas we have but do not have enough skills to get them done.
So what we do here is to contribute resources in terms of skills, idea, and mostly time to get that project done. You know what really inspired me to do this is was that some 7 years back I had an idea of an instant messaging App something similar to whatsapp before whatsapp was officially released 2009, so imagine if that idea had been implemented.......I also have plans of including funds to be given to the best idea which we all would have agreed to look most promising, this way I believe we could make the Next Succesfull Technopreneur in the world
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by sunnico(m): 11:46am On Mar 11, 2015
Here's 1
For most of us still in school, I have this idea of creating an App that helps one prepare for exams by using the users school past question, it also helps the user familarise on a particular topic in a course by selecting questions in the past question similar to the topic.
it also includes answers, and a community link where you could ask for more help on a particular topic or question ..
Guys what do you think.........
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by chim14(m): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
The HAN stealers.
Technological witchcraft.
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by sunnico(m): 7:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
chim14:
The HAN stealers.
Technological witchcraft.
I dont get U man
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by ps3o(m): 9:01am On Mar 12, 2015
sunnico:
Hi everyone I must confess to you that they are so many talented programmers on nairaland, and so many young geeks out there who could have been more succesfull if they got enough support
So I thought of creating this thread to help ourselves with those project ideas we have but do not have enough skills to get them done.
So what we do here is to contribute resources in terms of skills, idea, and mostly time to get that project done. You know what really inspired me to do this is was that some 7 years back I had an idea of an instant messaging App something similar to whatsapp before whatsapp was officially released 2009, so imagine if that idea had been implemented.......I also have plans of including funds to be given to the best idea which we all would have agreed to look most promising, this way I believe we could make the Next Succesfull Technopreneur in the world
nice one!
but the fact is programmers would only compete ideas and skills if they see rewards in front of them as target.
I am a certified web developer and an ICT solutionist
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by sunnico(m): 9:58am On Mar 12, 2015
ps3o:

nice one!
but the fact is programmers would only compete ideas and skills if they see rewards in front of them as target.
I am a certified web developer and an ICT solutionist
Yeah thats true man but here the reward is that if u have an idea the forum gives thier support in terms of advice and financial at large..
The main Goal is to see that we programmers just dont keep ideas and procastinate thier execution but rather start working on making it a reality.
what I need now is more support from other programmers lyk You smiley in seeing this work through....
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by ps3o(m): 12:46pm On Mar 12, 2015
sunnico:

Yeah thats true man but here the reward is that if u have an idea the forum gives thier support in terms of advice and financial at large..
The main Goal is to see that we programmers just dont keep ideas and procastinate thier execution but rather start working on making it a reality.
what I need now is more support from other programmers lyk You smiley in seeing this work through....
that's OK!
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by spytime(m): 1:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
Well having spend time to read abt most IT expert in the world I see that non of stand alone so if we can pick oursleves say 5 of us stand together to work on a project forgeting all about wot. Will we gain at first bro u will be surprise about the outcome

1 Like

Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by sunnico(m): 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
spytime:
Well having spend time to read abt most IT expert in the world I see that non of stand alone so if we can pick oursleves say 5 of us stand together to work on a project forgeting all about wot. Will we gain at first bro u will be surprise about the outcome
Thanks man for suggestion am really happy someone is seeing things the way I do
and I like d idea about the 5 men thing am even hoping we could be more than that..
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by sunnico(m): 3:42pm On Mar 23, 2015
Good Afternoon everyony, This thread isn't really going the way I thought, so I thought probably maybe some people are afraid to share thier ideas, with the sensible thought that it might not be safe here, or some might feel the idea they have isn't just good enough, while the rest might have no idea on anything for now.
Well the truth is i would have created a thread like "learn how to do these" or "know how to do that", but the programming section is almost filled with so many great topics, and the programming world is so vast u cant learn it all, so I thought "what should one do with all this great resources available"
"Build on it" Yes I believe for us to make perfect use of the things we learn here we should try in doing a project with it, and that was why I started this thread.

So if you are among those who believe thier Idea isn't safe out here, I could still help with on or two resources you might need or you could just email me if there is anyway I could be of Help

And if you are among those who think thier idea isn't good enough Why dont you just give a try, even if it doesn't look so great, you would have gained something along. and You never might believe sometimes we humans tend to love somethings that are PREETY foolish; have u heard of the Goat Emulator...

And please once again if theres anything you think is wrong or missing in this development please notify I would be so gratefull in getting corrections. Thank You..
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by Abdulhakeem1(m): 1:54am On Mar 24, 2015
Nice suggestion @sunnico, Really Appreciate your Talk. I belief many nigeria gat ßunches of ideas to work on, (even myself inclusive). But Who will want to share his own ideas on air? Is like Telling people truth of your WhereAbout openly, it could be dangerous.
What killed Harvardconnection.com in 2004, was giving and sharing this idea of a thing with Mark Zuckerberg, he outsmarted them and become a sudden Billionaire (According to some). A couple of year later. an Ideal is as useless a mere Thought, is useless especially letting people know of the idea you probably havnt lay your hands on, but when Money Is Involve thats a small task. In my own view and advice, Gather your collegues in your vicinity that are good in Programming, forming MasterMind Group online can never be successful in any form. We all have diffrent mindset, attitude, and mentality.

1 Like

Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by Kennyinusa(m): 11:47am On Mar 25, 2015
I solemnly disagree with that the poster above me is saying. I have probably told about a 50 people about what am currently working on, and when i say people, i mean tech savvy people. But i believe that there is nothing they can do about it because, they have no idea about what my execution strategies are, what am doing currently and what i would be doing by the end of tomorrow.

Though i understand that it can be risky and stupid especially if your idea is too raw and you haven't yourself made any research about what it entails, what your course of actions are and so on.

Before sharing your idea online, make sure you have named your solution or idea, then go ahead and buy your domain. Then make some research on the key aspect of idea. Then draw out or map out a plan or strategy of operation and monetization. Now start something and make sure you make some progress on a daily basis.

You can not pitch your idea to people, please do not tell what your strategies or selling point is. Just keep the pitch at bay and get feedback, Take everything you have heard to your drawing table and see how well it correlates with what you have planned out. All this thing would even help you in developing a better product.

1 Like

Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by Abdulhakeem1(m): 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
Good Point!!!
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by sunnico(m): 11:40am On Mar 26, 2015
Thanks Guys for ur contribution,

fine I get where abdulhakeem talked about the risk in sharing ones idea and just like Kennyinusa said sharing ur idea is not really the danger but exposing the technique in which u achieve this is what should be cautioned.

But do u guys also believe that one doesn't really have to be a geek to be succesfull as a techcnopreneur, infact sometimes the Idea u have is what should actually make u learn the technology or language needed to achieve this, and even sometimes if you believe the idea is something so big u might not be able to complete on time, its better hiring a Pro(certainly someone you trust) to join u in completing it, because there is a probability someone else is thinking the same thing you are planning to do

Now my question is as a programmer what are does things or factors that has always delayed You in completing your project in time??
@Abdulhakeem1 and kennyinusa could u kindly tell me what language u program in??
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by Kennyinusa(m): 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
I write Java and primarily develops for the Android platform.

One of the Key problems that i have had with completing project is bad architecture, if the architecture is bad i really have issues completing the project because in m head it's just doesn't look or seems finished. So having a solid architectural design of the solution is key for any project i intend working on.
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by sunnico(m): 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2015
Kennyinusa:
I write Java and primarily develops for the Android platform.

One of the Key problems that i have had with completing project is bad architecture, if the architecture is bad i really have issues completing the project because in m head it's just doesn't look or seems finished. So having a solid architectural design of the solution is key for any project i intend working on.
Wow dats cool am also a java programmer but I also do web development,very soon I would be working on android development when am ready to create an android version of my ongoing project.
And about the architectural design, I dont think you are the only one that feels that way, to me it always like something is missing, But the truth is we shouldn't expect the best or complete functionality from the project/Application at the first instance, more bugs and correction can be done to it later after deployment in form of an upgrade. Also you could try doing a review on it with ur friends or co-programmer..
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by Raypawer(m): 3:11am On Mar 27, 2015
Kennyinusa:
I solemnly disagree with that the poster above me is saying. I have probably told about a 50 people about what am currently working on, and when i say people, i mean tech savvy people. But i believe that there is nothing they can do about it because, they have no idea about what my execution strategies are, what am doing currently and what i would be doing by the end of tomorrow.

Though i understand that it can be risky and stupid especially if your idea is too raw and you haven't yourself made any research about what it entails, what your course of actions are and so on.

Before sharing your idea online, make sure you have named your solution or idea, then go ahead and buy your domain. Then make some research on the key aspect of idea. Then draw out or map out a plan or strategy of operation and monetization. Now start something and make sure you make some progress on a daily basis.

You can not pitch your idea to people, please do not tell what your strategies or selling point is. Just keep the pitch at bay and get feedback, Take everything you have heard to your drawing table and see how well it correlates with what you have planned out. All this thing would even help you in developing a better product.

its a pity young man for you to say this!

my former boss once told me "what you know, another person knows also, some know more than you, some are at just your level, nd you know more than some people" so forget that your execution strategy something.. smart people abound every where!
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by Kennyinusa(m): 8:13am On Mar 27, 2015
See am not saying that am completely right about what i wrote up there Raypawer.
But there is a this proverb by Bug Bunny that says that don't take life too seriously because you would never get out alive.

In this life you can't be too careful, you end up being a fuc*ing lunatic. Am serious, you can't just can't be careful enough. You know why because in tech it's just impossible.

I just wish that i could explain what i feel with words but i just can't. I can't as a person say i have the idea that can change the world without sharing it with people, i don't work alone and i never would. Who is going to use is me, nah.

I tell you, if you are obsessed with your idea and you telling nobody, i say it today you would most definitely launch crap or better worse never launch a product.

You should be careful but you can't be **** too careful. It kills you.
Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by Kennyinusa(m): 8:14am On Mar 27, 2015
[size=18pt]But what do i know. Nothing. smiley
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by Raypawer(m): 8:32am On Mar 27, 2015
Kennyinusa:
See am not saying that am completely right about what i wrote up there Raypawer.
But there is a this proverb by Bug Bunny that says that don't take life too seriously because you would never get out alive.

In this life you can't be too careful, you end up being a fuc*ing lunatic. Am serious, you can't just can't be careful enough. You know why because in tech it's just impossible.

I just wish that i could explain what i feel with words but i just can't. I can't as a person say i have the idea that can change the world without sharing it with people, i don't work alone and i never would. Who is going to use is me, nah.

I tell you, if you are obsessed with your idea and you telling nobody, i say it today you would most definitely launch crap or better worse never launch a product.

You should be careful but you can't be **** too careful. It kills you.

you're not getting my point... you have to as careful as.. imagine me now, developing an inventory app for a coy, when i went to my lect to ask for help was asking me about the coy am doing it for, nd i perceived "hijack".. am not saying you can't tell bu tell only those that matters not spreading it to potential competitor.. some one almost hijack my business idea this month while i was asking for partnership, cos they are more bouyant, they taught they are smart to overthrow, just that am experienced in that aspect for someone to just wake up one morning nd fly with my idea! i gave them a preamble, such that now they are doing the biz but can't exclude me, cos they still run to me for consultations almost every day...and by that am still the boss, in a way i determine everything! i run their bis my way, cos its my idea... a word is enough

1 Like

Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by Raypawer(m): 8:38am On Mar 27, 2015
kennyinsua, you can get your team, start it up nd come here to ask for help where necessary nd not letting the cat out of the bag!

1 Like

Re: Be The Next Succesfull Technopreneur by Kennyinusa(m): 11:46am On Mar 27, 2015
Raypawer:
kennyinsua, you can get your team start it up nd come here to ask fir help wgere necessary nd not letting the cat out of the bag!

I currently run a startup and through collaboration we have been able to achieve through collaboration
1. Get 5 practicing medical professional to work with us for $0.
2. Get our financial analysis and projects done for $0.

I am just a programmer and myself and my team run a platform that serve a community of 15,000 people with health related stuffs on a daily basis. Through collaboration we engaged over 2,000 people on 3 hours period on health sensitive information.
Though we spend a few thousand of $ on a monthly basis, we still do get most of our stuffs done for free through collaboration.

So, am not saying that people should come to nairaland and start giving out there ideas to the community, as a matter of fact, i haven't done that in a while now. But within ourselves we know the people that can help us turn our idea into a product, and all that won't happen without talking to them.

[size=18pt]See rome wasn't built in a day and neither was it built by one person.[/size]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Criticize It, Condemn It / SHA1 Function Is Now Dead / Please Help, Browsers Can't Find My External Css

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.