Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister (37198 Views)

Corper Begs Senator Ashafa N100,000, See The Reply He Got / FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa / Senate Defends Confirmation Of Musiliu Obanikoro As Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by joedrae(m): 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
In spite of fierce opposition from lawmakers of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the senate on Wednesday screened Musiliu Obanikoro for a ministerial position.

He was asked to take the customary “bow” – a preferential treatment for former senators – effectively confirming him as a minister. A row had broken out at the senate over the screening.
The first attempt last week had ended in chaos. Obanikoro, former minister of state for defence, resigned his position last year to seek the Lagos governorship ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) but lost to Jimi Agbaje. His renomination by President Goodluck Jonathan was opposed by senators of the APC over his role in the use of soldiers alleged to have manipulated the 2014 governorship election in Ekiti state. Gbenga Ashafa, the senator representing Lagos east, had raised a point of order challenging the attempt to screen Obanikoro. Ashafa, who said Obanikoro has a pending case in court, brought out a copy of The Nation Newspaper to butress his point. He further said David Mark, president of the senate and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), were joined in the suit. But Mark ruled him out of order, saying the court is yet to serve him in that regard. “You don’t serve me on the pages of the newspaper. As far as I am concerned, there is no case in court, so I rule you of order,” Mark said

Source: http://www.thecable.ng/just-row-senate-obanikoro | TheCable

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Sall(m): 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
Well not surprised Jonathan is known for appointing criminals into his cabinet

264 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by micolaj: 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
Impunity reigns in GEJ's led government.

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Bayswater: 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
You don't dictate to the government! Who the hell do these APC thugs think they are?

David Mark, thank you for letting them know Nigeria does not belong to them. It belongs to all of us!

234 Likes 22 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by jdilight(m): 2:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
joedrae:
In spite of fierce opposition from lawmakers of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the senate on Wednesday screened Musiliu Obanikoro for a ministerial position.

He was asked to take the customary “bow” – a preferential treatment for former senators – effectively confirming him as a minister. A row had broken out at the senate over the screening.
The first attempt last week had ended in chaos. Obanikoro, former minister of state for defence, resigned his position last year to seek the Lagos governorship ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) but lost to Jimi Agbaje. His renomination by President Goodluck Jonathan was opposed by senators of the APC over his role in the use of soldiers alleged to have manipulated the 2014 governorship election in Ekiti state. Gbenga Ashafa, the senator representing Lagos east, had raised a point of order challenging the attempt to screen Obanikoro. Ashafa, who said Obanikoro has a pending case in court, brought out a copy of The Nation Newspaper to butress his point. He further said David Mark, president of the senate and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), were joined in the suit. But Mark ruled him out of order, saying the court is yet to serve him in that regard. “You don’t serve me on the pages of the newspaper. As far as I am concerned, there is no case in court, so I rule you of order,” Mark said

This is what am talking, a lot of bullshit in our news media houses.

A man has not been served but is on paper.

Thumb up Senate Mark.

Till this miscreants know that news means nothing than noise, they will not seek the right avenue of doing things.

160 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
GOOD JOB GENERAL MARK.THE REAL GENERAL WITH A CERTIFICATE.YOU CANNOT SERVE HIM INFORMATION WITH A COPY OF THAT USELESS NATIONS NEWSPAPER

140 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Dreal1247: 2:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
But that is nothing but media propaganda. Assuming av the end he is not served, what happens?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by umar745(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
undecided
Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by henrysam(m): 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
Stupidity in apc knows no bound.
Somebody have not been served and ashafa of all pple is using nation news paper belonging to his oga. Tinubu to disrupt the proceedings in the house
I wonder what we are going to experience if they should win the election {God forbids}
Bunch of mugun

113 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by free2ryhme: 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
joedrae:

thieves and rogues in power

19 Likes

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Trut(m): 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
Mark gave Ashafa the perfect answer

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
Obanikoro succeeded in blackmailing GEJ. " Let me have my appointment or I expose your complicity in Ekitigate"

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by tociano009(m): 2:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
News paper grin grin, I tired for all this APC Toronto certificate holder

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by jdilight(m): 2:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
henrysam:
Stupidity in apc knows no bound.
Somebody have not been served and ashafa of all pple is using nation news paper belonging to his oga. Tinubu to disrupt the proceedings in the house
I wonder what we are going to experience if they should will the election {God forbids}
Bunch of mugun

Are we even sure the media house was not bribed by APC to write the poo since the guy has not been served.
Or is the judge a member of APC?

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by HzRF(m): 2:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
U see
Propaganda loving party
Na noise dem sabi make
Nation ko kingdom nii
I like mark reply

Trying to tell number 3 of Nigeria rubbish

Tinubu no go allow this man spend this month salary lyk DAT oo

21 Likes

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Nursecaleb(m): 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
Who is ashaffa,ashaffa ko,ashaffo ni,weyrey,obanikoro is d man jare,vote GEJ nt a fulani man who uses cattle urine to wash face cool

20 Likes

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Koroaso: 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
******ANIMAL KINGDOM********

*******GEJ DOESNT WANT TO BE BLACKMAILED BY OBANIKORO AT THE DYING MINUTES********

*******DID OBANIKORO RIG THE ELECTION YES!!!********

*******WHO SENT HIM GEJ PDP!!!***************

******NIGERIANS,VOTE FOR CHANGE BEFORE KASHAMU BURUJI OR FAYOSE END UP AS UR VICE PRESIDENT OR EVEN PRESIDENT**********

GMB/PYO

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by seanbabs1: 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
Scholarship Offer available >> http://iir.org.ng/apply
Training and Certification, It's 100% FREE!
Apply Now: http://iir.org.ng/apply
Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nigerians would still vote for Jonathan...

Now i know why Ebola left us, cause we have the worst of it...Ebele

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Misogynist2014(m): 3:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
Someone should tell me why Jöna and his bunch of vagabonds should not be kicked out?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by proxitaly: 3:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
“You don’t serve me on the pages of the newspaper. As far as I am concerned, there is no case in court, so I rule you of order,”

BEAUTIFUL. You don't serve one on the pages of a newspaper, Produce a copy of the court warrant or quote where the constitution supports serving one with written one-may-be-biased page of newspaper. cheesy cheesy

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by TheAdvocate(m): 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
Liars! It was put to vote and the ayes hav it, the APC goons staged a walk out.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Qnaija: 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
Sall:
Well not surprised Jonathan is known for appointing criminals into his cabinet
not surprised at all
na wa o

3 Likes

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by johnbu: 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
this is not astonished to nigerians, obanikoro is one of the jonathan's machine prepared for manipulations in this forthcoming election. therefore, as a minister, it provides the selling point for pdp in the political campaign, also it will procure the opportunity for him to carry an infringement act in the electioneering proceedings.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Handsomeemmy(m): 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
The other senators, are they saints? How sure are we that these 'other senators' got to the Senate on Merit?
Only few Nigerian politicians can claim to be in their present political office on MERIT, one way or the other, most of them rigged election
Not giving excuses or supporting 'irresponsibility

If you wish to be an advocate on cleanliness, you must make sure that your hands and garment are not soiled.

Since No court of competent jurisdiction has declared him guilty, He is free to be appointed to any position.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by appini: 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
They should go form a parallel senate chamber to upturn the confirmation.

1 Like

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by steppin: 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
They couldn't stop the appointment of a minister, how can they stop the C-in-C from wining?
These people are noisemakers.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister by Montaque(m): 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
GEJ,Koro,Mark, infact the PDP is riding roughshod on the sensibility of Nigerians.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Visits Abuja Blast Victims In Hospital (photos) / Mohammed Abdullahi: Army Secretly Trying Soldier Who Criticised Service Chiefs / Northern Food And Cattle Dealers Threaten To Stop Food Supply Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.