Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Atheists Have A Religion - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Have A Religion (22338 Views)

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
wiegraf:

Ah, folly, in your universe I suppose that counts as a 'rant'. And I have face to save there as well!

Before anyone else answers you for the gzilliontthrirollionthseesaee time, allow me to ask Your Denseness a simple question.

You state;

You also (ra.pe the term and) refer to yourself as an atheist, correct? Going as far as to describe your 'spiritual atheism' as

Goot. So now, a simple question good ser; as you're an atheist, does that mean you're a clown as well?

A simple answer would suffice.

Thank you kind ser

You acknowledge I am an atheist now?

And you too dumb to know the spiritual gives a new dimension to my stance?
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by wiegraf: 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You acknowledge I am an atheist now?

And you too dumb to know the spiritual gives a new dimension to my stance?

Where did I acknowledge you as an atheist.. I even made it clear you bastardize the word.. what is wrong with you? anyhoo...

Now, pliss, I beg you. Please, think about your answer well well. Dust the cobwebs and dust out of your skull. Do not make me bring out the crayons.... for the milizziosnth time

Pliss, can you spot the rank hypocrisy?

After all that's been said to you, repeatedly, I ask you: are you too dumb to recognize that atheists refer to supernatural deities when they speak of God?

Have you noticed how no one here, not a single person, was foo.lish enough to assume you referred to 'atheists' like yourself?

Edit: Honestly I'm beginning to think the core of your problem may be a simple one; you have a very poor grasp of the english language. Compound your comprehension problems with the silliness that is your attitude and the results are clear.....

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by Weah96: 2:47am On Mar 20, 2015
I don't think Folly God is stu.pid. I think he's trolling for some reason unknown. Gotta give him credit though. He has no sense of pride, or shame, whatsoever. That can be an advantage in life if used correctly. Hahaha.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:25am On Mar 20, 2015
wiegraf:
After all that's been said to you, repeatedly, I ask you: are you too dumb to recognize that atheists refer to supernatural deities when they speak of God?

Going by your deduction, do you mean you guys believe in Spinoza god? I dont seem to know any supernatural attribute attached to it.

What about the supernatural powerful roya touch of england and french kings who are deified? Do you disbelieve in their existence?

I dont know where you get that trash that god in atheism mean a supernatural being. You are nothing different from christians and muslims except that you create your own fantasy which you choose to disbelieve in.

Atheism has a greek origin which is 'a+theos'. 'A' mean negation or rejection while 'theos' mean god. Definition of theos from wikitionary does not have anything to do with supernatural attribute.

Not withstanding, we both know that Abrahamic concept of god and some polytheistic concept of god is centred round a supernatural being. What happens to god in other religion concepts? What happens to those worshipping the planetary bodies as god? Do you mean to say planets do not exist? What happens to those that deified natural entities, does this mean that nature doesnt exist? Does this stop them from been a god? What happens to god in naturalistic pantheism? Do you disbelieve in god in spiritual naturalism?

In a concept of god, god is supernatural being. Do you believe in god of non-supernatural attributes?

Atheism is about existence of god. Disbelieving in a particular god is non-belief. If a buddhist does not believe in christian superbeing, this does not make him/her an atheist. Non belief in supernatural being remains as it is and not atheism.

Would you tell me you disbelieve in the existence of living-goddess called Kumari been worship by hindus and buddhists?

Humans are in history raised to the status of deity though apotheosis. Do you disbelieve in the existence of these heros, kings and emperors been recognised as god?

These are stuff begging for answers.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:31am On Mar 20, 2015
Weah96:
I don't think Folly God is stu.pid. I think he's trolling for some reason unknown. Gotta give him credit though. He has no sense of pride, or shame, whatsoever. That can be an advantage in life if used correctly. Hahaha.

The thread is all about Atheism and religion.

What ya got to add than attacking my person?
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by folaski: 8:08am On Mar 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

they are generally like that ooo and the reason is not far fetch; they belief that the whole word is their and so they must be worship; if you dont worship them , then they attack you.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by folaski: 8:09am On Mar 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

they are generally like that ooo and the reason is not far fetch; they belief that the whole word is theirs and so they must be worshiped; if you dont worship them , they attack you.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by wiegraf: 9:28am On Mar 20, 2015
I might as well have taught my dog how to perform brain surgery...

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by Weah96: 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

It stopped being about atheism when you decided to pretend that you were a dullard. I'm never having a serious discussion with you again. It's all personal jibes and jokes from now on. So get used to it. It's my style of trolling. I can't go 100% r)etard like you can on a whim. You remind me of the Tugg Speedman character from Tropic Thunder.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
Weah96:

It stopped being about atheism when you decided to pretend that you were a dullard. I'm never having a serious discussion with you again. It's all personal jibes and jokes from now on. So get used to it. It's my style of trolling. I can't go 100% r)etard like you can on a whim. You remind me of the Tugg Speedman character from Tropic Thunder.

wiegraf:
I might as well have taught my dog how to perform brain surgery...

When atheists are put into a dark corner where they cant see Jesus/Mohamed, they only blab with their disturbing noise.

Agentofallah, finfayo, platteon, ya comrades cannot get a way through this:

FOLYKAZE:

Going by your deduction, do you mean you guys believe in Spinoza god? I dont seem to know any supernatural attribute attached to it.
What about the supernatural powerful roya touch of england and french kings who are deified? Do you disbelieve in their existence?
I dont know where you get that trash that god in atheism mean a supernatural being. You are nothing different from christians and muslims except that you create your own fantasy which you choose to disbelieve in.
Atheism has a greek origin which is 'a+theos'. 'A' mean negation or rejection while 'theos' mean god. Definition of theos from wikitionary does not have anything to do with supernatural attribute.
Not withstanding, we both know that Abrahamic concept of god and some polytheistic concept of god is centred round a supernatural being. What happens to god in other religion concepts? What happens to those worshipping the planetary bodies as god? Do you mean to say planets do not exist? What happens to those that deified natural entities, does this mean that nature doesnt exist? Does this stop them from been a god? What happens to god in naturalistic pantheism? Do you disbelieve in god in spiritual naturalism?
In a concept of god, god is supernatural being. Do you believe in god of non-supernatural attributes?
Atheism is about existence of god. Disbelieving in a particular god is non-belief. If a buddhist does not believe in christian superbeing, this does not make him/her an atheist. Non belief in supernatural being remains as it is and not atheism.
Would you tell me you disbelieve in the existence of living-goddess called Kumari been worship by hindus and buddhists?
Humans are in history raised to the status of deity though apotheosis. Do you disbelieve in the existence of these heros, kings and emperors been recognised as god?
These are stuff begging for answers.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by Weah96: 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

When atheists are put into a dark corner where they cant see Jesus/Mohamed, they only blab with their disturbing noise.

Your name is God, do something. Or should I address the ori apesin in your person?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
Weah96:

Your name is God, do something. Or should I address the ori apesin in your person?

Troll. . . .

Leave me
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
My bad, I didnt see this earlier.

finofaya:
If "god" has many meanings, most of which are unrelated to atheism, we can only engage in meaningful discussion by dismissing the unrelated meanings.

Atheism; a greek word 'a+theos' means rejection of god. We both know what god is and its essentially meaningful to all those that belief in their own conception of it.

Every conception of god is related to atheism until after god is defined to mean a particular being. Heck, disbelieve in a particular god isnt atheism. Christians do not believe in muslim allah, they do not believe in many other distinctive gods/deities in other religion or spirituality. This doesnt make them an atheist but non-believer in those particular gods.

This quote from Stephen F. Roberts sums up the situation very nicely: "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

It been elaborated to say the theist has dismissed all other "gods" and has chosen to believe in one particular God, but the atheist has simply gone one step further and renounced all gods.

A beam on the quote reveal Stephen mean to say "You and I share a disbelief in MANY gods. You are just one disbelief SHORT of being an Atheist. Hence atheist disbelieve in ALL gods." http://godisimaginary.com/i28.htm

This analogy explain better. . .

If there are 1,000 gods that other religions believe in, and you believe in one, that means you are disbelieving in the other 999. Theist disbelieve in 999 while atheist disbelieve in 1000 i.e ALL.

Therefore, ALL conception of god is related to atheism.

So sir, if you choose to relate with a particual god, you are not an atheist but non-believer of the god you choose to disbelieve in.

So you better dont hesitate to run from all conception of god.

finofaya:

I'm not here to quarrel with the dictionary. Do I believe that an influential person may be called a "god"? Yes.

You buttress my point.

This is kind of christian believing in Yahweh and disbelieving in Allah.

You believe influecial person is god and exist.

finofaya:

The wiki definition of deva includes supernatural attributes. Which definition are you using?

You right.

I just want you to fall in.

Is buddhism atheistic religion?

This is kind of what Sam Harris practice and claim to be atheist.

finofaya:

A "god" whose existence I would dispute may either be supernatural or natural, must have a mind/capacity to act with purpose, and must be responsible for all of existence or directly/indirectly this universe or human existence. These are the basic attributes. Anything else is not a "god" for the purposes of my atheism.

For the purpose of your atheism. You didnt deny there are gods outside your definition.

A christian would say anything else is not for the purpose of his faith. Even when knowing that god exist outside his faith.

Sir, I see around non-believe in the particular god you defined. This is not atheism.

Existence of god outside the purpose of your atheism is very constant.

finofaya:

So you're happy to adopt one definition of "god" when it comes to your own version of atheism.

There is no one definition in my stance. The word but gives room to thousands of definitions of god.

finofaya:

Lol. Please extend the courtesy to the rest of us.

Sam Harris and Platteon will get that.

finofaya:

You cannot pray to Fela, a dead man, under the honest belief that he can hear and answer your prayer, and claim that Fela is merely an influential person called "god".

Fela is a god as

1. Influencial person

2. Apotheosis.

Prayer and ritual directed to him is spirtual underground game.

finofaya:

If you're not sure about who can be described as an atheist because you see people who you say believe in a "god" (conscious creator type, not Fela) describe themselves as atheists, you should take the issue up with them. At least you have an idea what kind of "god" atheism is about, otherwise you would not have been able to make this distinction.

This have been trashed. Choosing to disbelieve in one particualr god doesnt make you an atheist. It just a way of things even among christians. Believe only god in one faith and disbelieve in other.

finofaya:

@bolded, you've defined atheism then. Can we safely provide a different definition while remaining atheists?

Of course

And I am free to put knife into it

finofaya:

Dude, as far as this topic is concerned, I've concluded that you're trolling. I dey go watch europa league.

Hope you enjoy watching the match?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by Weah96: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Troll. . . .

Leave me

Why am I trolling? You're unwilling to address the merits of my argument. That's on you, God. I demand to speak to ori apesin number 2. Hahaha.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by AgentOfAllah: 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Dude, you're boredom personified, get over yourself.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

We ain't playing hide and seek game grin grin grin

Come out and take the bull by the horn.

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

The boy is barking from his cave. grin grin grin

I asked simple question dude. . .begging for your answer. Address issue and stop hiding.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by AgentOfAllah: 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

We ain't playing hide and seek game grin grin grin

Come out and take the bull by the horn.
You're not a bull or a horn, but you're full of bullshit though.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

You're not a bull or a horn, but you're full of bullshit though.

Because I didnt give you Jesus/Mohammad to devour.

Why not break the rock of ages with your strong shinning sentence construction?

Pls eat this:

If atheism is disbelieve in supernatural being, do you believe in the existence of non-supernatural deity?

Do you also disbelieve in the existence of deified England kings with their supernatural royal touch attributed to them?

Do you disbelieve in the existence of Sacred kings and divine leaders?
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by Weah96: 11:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Pls eat this:

If atheism is disbelieve in supernatural being, do you believe in the existence of non-supernatural deity?

Do you also disbelieve in the existence of deified England kings with their supernatural royal touch attributed to them?

You are God. Is your own divinity that useless? As far as these sacred kings, one must have been God #1 in their lineage. That person was an African, unless the awards for divinity were distributed after the complexion change. Why am I not God, God? God is not even listed amongst my government names.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by AgentOfAllah: 7:06am On Mar 21, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Pls eat this:

Child, go play 10-10 with your sisters and stop pestering me with your motley assortment of bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by wiegraf: 7:40am On Mar 21, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Pls eat this:

Seriously though.... well.... wow

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

Child, go play 10-10 with your sisters and stop pestering me with your motley assortment of bullshit.

Stop blabbing.

Address the issue https://www.nairaland.com/2190740/atheists-religion/7#31780680 and stop throwing tantrum around.

There is no way for you to hide.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by AgentOfAllah: 1:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Stop blabbing.

Address the issue https://www.nairaland.com/2190740/atheists-religion/7#31780680 and stop throwing tantrum around.

There is no way for you to hide.

Forgive my previous display of ignorance and foolishness god, I now know that I have to communicate with you in a language you understand. As a goodwill gesture for my penitence, I hope you may be able to answer me these questions as I need your divine guidance.

1) Do you believe that exquisite athletic papers throw their hands on painfully active expletives?

2) Do you know that loud mouthed corpses gloss over the melodious silence of graveyards?

3) Do you understand why Mogley enbolected his floumer?

Thanks for answering my questions and forgiving my sins, my dear lord, god, Folly-kraze

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

Forgive my previous display of ignorance and foolishness god, I now know that I have to communicate with you in a language you understand. As a goodwill gesture for my penitence, I hope you may be able to answer me these questions as I need your divine guidance.

1) Do you believe that exquisite athletic papers throw their hands on painfully active expletives?

2) Do you know that loud mouthed corpses gloss over the melodious silence of graveyards?

Thanks for answering my questions and forgiving my sins, my dear lord, god, Folly-kraze

https://www.nairaland.com/2190740/atheists-religion/7#31780680

The fool blab when he got nothing to offer.

Why are you running from the post in the link above?

Like I said before, answer my questions or you enjoy your foolery.

Looser on the run
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by folaski: 2:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

Answer the questions before you bro. stop playing hide and seek.
THERE ARE SPECTATORS WATCHING WITH KEEN INTEREST.
We are waiting
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by wiegraf: 10:22pm On Mar 22, 2015
Which kind if god gets banned by mortal nl mods?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by folaski: 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
wiegraf:
Which kind if god gets banned by mortal nl mods?

what are you talking about?
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by finofaya: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
I, Killer troll, people who value their time are running away from.

Agentoflallah https://www.nairaland.com/2190740/atheists-religion/7#31780680

Wiegraf

https://www.nairaland.com/2190740/atheists-religion/8#31806638

Finofaya https://www.nairaland.com/2190740/atheists-religion/8#31820608

I will troll you guys with Jesus/Mohammad next time.

Trollykaze!
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by wiegraf: 1:26am On Mar 23, 2015
folaski:

what are you talking about?

His post was hidden and he disappeared fairly abruptly for ~24 hrs. Someone banned our Lord God.

Who dare do that? A false God (more powerful than our God)??

Why do other Gods fail to recognize the miracle that is our Lord God's preternatural folly and assume he is trolling? Then wrongly punish Him?? It's outrageous..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Father's Sister Is A WITCH / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / He Joined Me To Church Today, Because I Promised To Buy Him Beer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.