Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

How To Set Up Gmail 2-step Verification Account For Nigerians. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Set Up Gmail 2-step Verification Account For Nigerians. (5357 Views)

Whatsapp Two-step Verification / Security Check: Whatsapp Is Rolling Out Two-step Verification / Problem Enrolling For Google 2 Step Verification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Set Up Gmail 2-step Verification Account For Nigerians. by blackmiamy: 5:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
If you’ve once tried setting up a Gmail 2-step verification in Nigeria, you must have observed and understand that Google did not enlist Nigeria in the options for countries eligible for using and setting up a 2-step verification for Gmail accounts. I heard that Nigeria was initially on the list at the launch of the 2-step verification but was later removed for security reasons as claimed by one of Google’s spoke-person (Jay Nancarrow) on a particular online forum.

Seriously, I really can’t fathom the security reasons as claimed, I don’t want to believe Nigeria is that bad that Google chooses not to enlist the most populous black nation on earth. It’s more embarrassing to see countries with enormous terror records and cyber-crimes on the list – even our closest African brother “Niger” was seen on the list. I hope Google has concrete reasons for doing this, otherwise all we see is a bizarre and horrendous attitude from Google on this and has deeply deprived many Nigerians the same right enjoyed by citizens of other nations - especially after many Nigerians have migrated from the shackles of Yahoo and Microsoft to embrace a friendlier and more secure mail service like Gmail.

Nevertheless, after several attempts to activate the 2-step verification on my account, I discovered that my country “Nigeria” was not on the list of countries to send a verification code for confirmation. Initially, I thought it was mistakenly omitted and never to be taken too serious until I noticed people’s comment on the different social platforms – then I was forced to engage myself into some research especially on how to bypass the countries list and possibly the verification code. After several attempts and relentless surfing on the internet, I gathered some information and developed more so as to make things work.

More importantly, I’ll like to appreciate the visual illustrations of some contributors on YouTube, it has immensely helped to develop this and couple with my idea till the final stage. The following are the needed resources to activate your Gmail 2-step verification.

• A Gmail account (to run the step 2-verification)
• Tor browser
• A free K7.net account
• Google authenticator app (for either iPhone, Android or Blackberry device).

STEP 1
Download a Tor browser here and install. To know more about Tor browser, you can read more here. For video illustration, click here.

The hyperlink in this article are not responding, please continue reading at http://mytechub..com/2015/03/how-to-set-up-gmail-2-step-verification.html
Re: How To Set Up Gmail 2-step Verification Account For Nigerians. by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 31, 2016
Na who you won fool?
Re: How To Set Up Gmail 2-step Verification Account For Nigerians. by newspapers: 7:45am On Oct 30, 2016
Gmail.com/Sign Up page authentication is one of the best in the world..
Re: How To Set Up Gmail 2-step Verification Account For Nigerians. by Efukikata(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2016
This post has been removed permanently
Re: How To Set Up Gmail 2-step Verification Account For Nigerians. by amjustme2: 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
Why in the world would anyone want to "get around" 2FA authentication, do you want to loose your account, or at best be locked out permanently?

(1) (Reply)

BEST DEAL EVER! Durable Solar Lamps @ Affordable Rates / Amazon Fire Tv Stick. Does/can It Work In Nigeria? / Can You Instant Transfer From Venmo To Chime? [2023] Updated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.