Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Eating In The Bus ? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eating In The Bus ? (4824 Views)

Eating In Group With Bare Hand In Same Plate.(pix) / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Eating In-front Of Strangers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eating In The Bus ? by multinet85(m): 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2009
Hello,

Can he kitchen wizards in the house tell us if it is acceptable or not to eat in the bus especially public transport. Considering the presence of others, probably some hungry passengers, the cleanliness of the vehicle (but they are packaged foods), the possibility of someone watching as you open your hungry mouth to bite off a big chunk of Gala or whatever, munch it mercilessly, and forcefully push it down (as if it would disagree to go down) with satchet (pure) water, (most ladies would prefer La Casera especially if a guy is around, and vice versa).

So, should we do this, whether on a long journey, or on the rush to work without breakfast. Of course those guys hawking on the road have to survive.

While you are digesting this, remember to sign up for a one year free subscription to Food and Beverages magazines including:

Poultry International: http://saharapub.tradepub.com/free/pi/
Brings you every month the latest on poultry processing and marketing topics from breeding through further processing and marketing.

Egg Industry Company: http://saharapub.tradepub.com/free/egg/
is published 12 times annually covering the egg industry, worldwide.

Food Processing: http://saharapub.tradepub.com/free/fp/
Pursues the issues that impact the product development and production teams the most, notably; new product development, removing costs from the process and critical issues.

Beverage World Magazine: http://saharapub.tradepub.com/free/bevw/
Beverage World serves beverage marketers, producers and distributors with the news, insight, innovation and analysis they need to better their businesses. New Categories. New Brands. New Products. New Technologies.

Beverage World keeps beverage executives informed of developments and trends in their industry. They publish exclusive industry news and in-depth interviews with beverage executives. They track business-critical sales trends and give readers their first look at new products and systems.

Have a nice day. It's all about bite and chew.

Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Epi: 10:49pm On Feb 09, 2009
My mommy say It's not "ladylike" to eat food in public no matter how hungry you are.  And it's not just a Caribbean saying b/c when my half brother (Nigerian) was staying with me - he said the same thing.

Guess what? I broke that golden rule many times but I did it in a discreet wayundecided

1 love

multinet85:

Hello,
Can he kitchen wizards in the house tell us if it is acceptable or not to eat in the bus especially public transport. Considering the presence of others, probably some hungry passengers, the cleanliness of the vehicle (but they are packaged foods), the possibility of someone watching as you open your hungry mouth to bite off a big chunk of Gala or whatever, munch it mercilessly, and forcefully push it down (as if it would disagree to go down) with satchet (pure) water, (most ladies would prefer La Casera especially if a guy is around, and vice versa).

So, should we do this, whether on a long journey, or on the rush to work without breakfast. Of course those guys hawking on the road have to survive.

While you are digesting this, remember to sign up for a one year free subscription to Food and Beverages magazines including:

Poultry International: http://saharapub.tradepub.com/free/pi/
Brings you every month the latest on poultry processing and marketing topics from breeding through further processing and marketing.

Egg Industry Company: http://saharapub.tradepub.com/free/egg/
is published 12 times annually covering the egg industry, worldwide.

Food Processing: http://saharapub.tradepub.com/free/fp/
Pursues the issues that impact the product development and production teams the most, notably; new product development, removing costs from the process and critical issues.

Beverage World Magazine: http://saharapub.tradepub.com/free/bevw/
Beverage World serves beverage marketers, producers and distributors with the news, insight, innovation and analysis they need to better their businesses. New Categories. New Brands. New Products. New Technologies.

Beverage World keeps beverage executives informed of developments and trends in their industry. They publish exclusive industry news and in-depth interviews with beverage executives. They track business-critical sales trends and give readers their first look at new products and systems.

Have a nice day. It's all about bite and chew.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by SeanT21(f): 4:47am On Feb 10, 2009
It depends on what U are eating.~~ wink
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2009
It really depends on what you are eating,Though i never like eating in the Bus. the market women are addicted to such harbit,Once upon a time in warri,a Woman sitting behind me in a Transportation bus, was Busy eating her Moi_Moi(Beans_Cake).i nearly vormit!! shocked .she never cant control how she eat in Public transport ,some of the little piece of the Moi Moi(Bean cake fell on my laps since shes sitting behind me,i was so embarrassed!,but the funniest thing there is im affraid of those Market women for any little mistake they can easily insult and Disgrace you., undecided . .

Obviously speaking,it is not bad to eat in the Bus,but most people are very irritating when seeing them eating in the Bus,though i have ate and drank in the bus,Only some little cake and juice and i think the person sitting behind me doesn't get embarassed or feel uncomfotable by me,for it was hardly notice im eating.

in other words,Eating in the bus some people may not appricate it.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Epi: 7:35pm On Feb 10, 2009
I am sure this isn't supposed to be a joke but it's funny.  LOL grin grin grin grin

1 love

Ogaga4Luv:

It really depends on what you are eating,Though i never like eating in the Bus. the market women are addicted to such harbit,Once upon a time in warri,a Woman sitting behind me in a Transportation bus, was Busy eating her Moi_Moi(Beans_Cake).i nearly vormit!! shocked .she never cant control how she eat in Public transport ,some of the little piece of the Moi Moi(Bean cake fell on my laps since shes sitting behind me,i was so embarrassed!,but the funniest thing there is im affraid of those Market women for any little mistake they can easily insult and Disgrace you., undecided . .

Obviously speaking,it is not bad to eat in the Bus,but most people are very irritating when seeing them eating in the Bus,though i have ate and drank in the bus,Only some little cake and juice and i think the person sitting behind me doesn't get embarassed or feel uncomfotable by me,for it was hardly notice im eating.

in other words,Eating in the bus some people may not appricate it.

Re: Eating In The Bus ? by NewYorkBoi(m): 3:09am On Feb 11, 2009
i dont care, when i come home from school i always eat mcdonalds on the bus, nobody ever says anything to me.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:03am On Feb 11, 2009
It is really annoying you guys, some food really "funks" up the place, and wouldnt you just feel silly arranging a whole meal in front of you in a public conveyance? A sandwich or crackers/nuts,some juice etc would be more tolerable, I think. Try looking at the expression on peeps faces next time you find yourself tryna eat hot food in a bus undecided
NewYorkBoi:

i dont care, when i come home from school i always eat mcdonalds on the bus, nobody ever says anything to me.

epi:

I am sure this isn't supposed to be a joke but it's funny. LOL grin grin grin grin

1 love

lol jokes be caught on the 607 on the way to bush, or bridge, grin
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by UNLEASHED(m): 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2009
me no fit chop anywhere
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by multinet85(m): 12:49pm On Feb 11, 2009
Hello,

But come to think of it. Who really helps all these food and beverage companies remain in business? Isn't it the young men and women who hawk these products under the sun and in the rain. And if that is the case, eating on the run will always remain.

Now, even if we talk about eating in the bus, please can those who have traveled by air tell us if people do eat in the plane. People who traveled abroad, please inform the house on whether these oyibo too do eat in the bus/train/plane.

Somebody help us.

Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2009
eh. . . .eh,how do you sure about that?,you nor dey chop??,thats a lie!,dont say you cant eat anywhere,but what about your house,hotel or some restaurant?.

UNLEASHED:

me no fit chop anywhere

1 Like

Re: Eating In The Bus ? by dragnet: 8:07am On Feb 13, 2009
If she was sitting behind u, I wonder how d moi moi got to ur laps?! did she throw em'?
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2009
[afro]
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by ifyalways(f): 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2009
Food . . . .Never angry
snacks,biscuits,drinks. . . .sometimes cheesy
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:01pm On Feb 15, 2009
[size=13pt]no offense but i seen mostly market women doin this, whippin out their 1.99 chicken meal and havin it on bus , funking up the whole place, anyone here do this,  embarassed[/size]
ifyalways:

Food . . . .Never angry
snacks,biscuits,drinks. . . .sometimes cheesy
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Gabry(f): 8:02am On Mar 06, 2009
Well, to me its ok especially if you are a traveller and you are on the bus like forever so you have no choice. But to me, I have eaten in the bus a gazillion times and Im still alive up till this day. undecided
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by amebo22: 8:31am On Mar 06, 2009
multinet85:

Hello,

But come to think of it. Who really helps all these food and beverage companies remain in business? Isn't it the young men and women who hawk these products under the sun and in the rain. And if that is the case, eating on the run will always remain.

Now, even if we talk about eating in the bus, please can those who have traveled by air tell us if people do eat in the plane. People who traveled abroad, please inform the house on whether these oyibo too do eat in the bus/train/plane.

Somebody help us.

To ans ur Q, Yes you can eat on the plane as a matter of fast snack,drink are served and you can purchase a sandwich as well, And as for eating on the bus its a matter of ettiquette and personal orientation, because when you are really hungry the last thing you would be thinking about would be the next person close to u on the bus , hope this helps
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by sweeriie(f): 8:46am On Mar 06, 2009
ahhh. . . i wont lie o, i was a regular gala chopper on the bus. . . gala + superyogo. . .mmhmm, those were d days mehn! cheesy but wetin man go do, wen the holdups were always mad terrible n and the heat unbearable sad
now, sleeping on the bus is a different matter entirely. that's just plain annoying. but i digress.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2009
[size=13pt]Nao.  .  .  . shocked[/size]
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:54am On Mar 07, 2009
[size=13pt]i don eat in places like those, lol that is so typical in almost every car n' bus station in Nigeria, they used to sell boiled eggs at the Garage so obviosly them people would eat them on da bus.

Behind every successful man  is himself . . . . cool
[/size]
gabrywyl:

Well, to me its ok especially if you are a traveller and you are on the bus like forever so you have no choice. But to me, I have eaten in the bus a gazillion times and Im still alive up till this day.  undecided
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by spoilt(f): 3:01am On Mar 07, 2009
In nigeria, its considered bad manners to feast in public. I could never.
Over here i wine and dine in public while in motion. Who get time? grin
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:10am On Mar 07, 2009
[size=13pt]i trusth you naaa since you are already spoilt! undecided ,anyway,it depend on the kind' a food you are eating, i never like eating in a public place,i have only tolerrate to eat  in some Hotel Receptionist,Guest houses, restaurant or whetever. [/size]
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by osisi2(f): 3:14am On Mar 07, 2009
Not in the bus

I no dey enter bus grin
but in my car?
Hmm!
the only thing I haven't done in my car is take my bath.
I eat everything including rice and beans and crack my chicken bones grin
and wash my hands with bottled water through the windows
I floss my teeth grin
apply make up grin
attach my ponytail grin
Put on pantyhose grin
take off pantyhose grin
change into work out clothes lipsrsealed
reach out and spank the kids
call motorists idiots when they annoy me
all that while driving.
that was before 2009

I've changed.

1 Like

Re: Eating In The Bus ? by DeReloaded: 3:26am On Mar 07, 2009
Lol Good for you on changing o osisi, as for me Im still an angry driver. angry

maybe kids will change that. lol
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Epi: 3:45am On Mar 07, 2009
lol.  I feel you
cheesy wink
**osisi:

Not in the bus

I floss my teeth grin
apply make up grin
attach my ponytail grin
Put on pantyhose grin
take off pantyhose grin
all that while driving.
that was before 2009

Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2009
eat while driving - heck -  i sometimes eat while walking (oranges, bottled drinks, gala etal) stares of passerby be damned

as a kid i used to bolt my food(hurry hurry ) . i can actuallly eat whole meals without drinking water (off topic innit?)
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Hauwa1: 6:59pm On Mar 07, 2009
lol at osisi and Karma grin.

i don't like snacking in the car. they fall and put dirt around. i do eat only cereal in the car if am in a hurry.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by hackney(m): 1:03am On Mar 13, 2009
I eat in the car,on top of the car,under the car,in front of the car and behind the car.
But in a bus or train , hmm, im kind of self consious.
I also find that more girls eat in public transport than boys.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2009
[size=13pt]nothing wrong hackney, but imagine someone grazing boiled eggs

Behind every successful man is himself  . . . . cool
[/size]
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by chrisical(m): 9:49am On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

Not in the bus

I no dey enter bus grin
but in my car?
Hmm!
the only thing I haven't done in my car is take my bath.
I floss my teeth grin
apply make up grin
attach my ponytail grin
Put on pantyhose grin
take off pantyhose grin
reach out and spank the kids
all that while driving.
that was before 2009

I've changed.

you get mouth
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by keyne(f): 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2009
if u r rrrrrrrrrrriilyy hungry,u wld 4gt manners n eat anywhere even in the toilet.ha ha ha. grin grin grin
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:44pm On Mar 27, 2009
[size=13pt]Funny set of people   grin[/size]
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by iice(f): 7:38pm On Mar 28, 2009
Will prolly eat anywhere, i even eat while am floating in water.
na today? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jollof Rice / Have You Eaten The Black Chickens From Indonesia (see Photo) / Need Help To Build A Food Roster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.