Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Handsome Dudes & Beautiful Ladies; Has Your Beauty Ever Worked Against You? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Handsome Dudes & Beautiful Ladies; Has Your Beauty Ever Worked Against You? (8434 Views)

Nairaland Lacks Handsome Dudes / When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. / Guys: handsome dudes, upload Your Pictures Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Handsome Dudes & Beautiful Ladies; Has Your Beauty Ever Worked Against You? by JiggamanGh: 8:55pm On Mar 14, 2015
dovelike:

Maybe that's your calling. Everything happens for a purpose, you know.

I do luv kids so that's not a problem at all
Re: Handsome Dudes & Beautiful Ladies; Has Your Beauty Ever Worked Against You? by Dahjhi: 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2015
naijaboiy:
if person talk now,,them go say we dey form undecided
cheesy grin
Re: Handsome Dudes & Beautiful Ladies; Has Your Beauty Ever Worked Against You? by Fredoh(m): 11:37am On Apr 21, 2015
Olutola88:
Desirable traits like Intelligence, Beauty, Wealth, Fame etc make us enjoy some preferential treatment. Of these desirable hallmarks, Beauty has proven to be the most conspicuous as one could tell even without interacting with the Beautiful Individual.

In many cases, Beautiful people are treated nicely and are made to enjoy some benefits they would have never dreamt of enjoying if they weren't so attractive.

Nevertheless, there are few occasions where this same Beauty is a disadvantage. Occasions where your good looks bring you trouble, times when your prepossessing appearance puts you in a mess.

Even if I can't site 1001 examples, at least I know of one scenario where a Lady's Beauty worked against her. Funmilayo( not real name) is a lady with an Immaculately cute face and a voluptuously gorgeous body. I came across a moniker here on Nairaland( Rokiatu or so), there is a picture on her profile; Funmilayo is gifted with curves much more appealing than that on Rokiatu's profile. The most mind-blowing part is that Funmilayo complements such great body with a very pretty face.

Funmilayo's project supervisor couldn't take his eyes off her and he was hell bent on dating her. Her refusal to dance to the randy supervisor's beats landed her an extra year.
This thread is not for Nairalanders with average looks. So, don't come in and be forming fine bobo or pretty baby when your looks is just about average. Don't eat me raw cos I'm also in the same category with you *tongue out*. “My looks is also about average but what I devoid in looks, I make up for in Brains”

Beauties in the house, when did your Beauty work against you?
My handsomeness has never worked against me bro. Except for girls disturbing me!
Re: Handsome Dudes & Beautiful Ladies; Has Your Beauty Ever Worked Against You? by Fredoh(m): 11:40am On Apr 21, 2015
Olutola88:
Desirable traits like Intelligence, Beauty, Wealth, Fame etc make us enjoy some preferential treatment. Of these desirable hallmarks, Beauty has proven to be the most conspicuous as one could tell even without interacting with the Beautiful Individual.

In many cases, Beautiful people are treated nicely and are made to enjoy some benefits they would have never dreamt of enjoying if they weren't so attractive.

Nevertheless, there are few occasions where this same Beauty is a disadvantage. Occasions where your good looks bring you trouble, times when your prepossessing appearance puts you in a mess.

Even if I can't site 1001 examples, at least I know of one scenario where a Lady's Beauty worked against her. Funmilayo( not real name) is a lady with an Immaculately cute face and a voluptuously gorgeous body. I came across a moniker here on Nairaland( Rokiatu or so), there is a picture on her profile; Funmilayo is gifted with curves much more appealing than that on Rokiatu's profile. The most mind-blowing part is that Funmilayo complements such great body with a very pretty face.

Funmilayo's project supervisor couldn't take his eyes off her and he was hell bent on dating her. Her refusal to dance to the randy supervisor's beats landed her an extra year.
This thread is not for Nairalanders with average looks. So, don't come in and be forming fine bobo or pretty baby when your looks is just about average. Don't eat me raw cos I'm also in the same category with you *tongue out*. “My looks is also about average but what I devoid in looks, I make up for in Brains”

My handsomeness has never worked against me bro, except for girls disturbing me!
Re: Handsome Dudes & Beautiful Ladies; Has Your Beauty Ever Worked Against You? by micktoxin(m): 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
Op is surely narcissistic.
Re: Handsome Dudes & Beautiful Ladies; Has Your Beauty Ever Worked Against You? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
Olutola88:

well, i have both beauty and brilliance, so, your last statement doesn't 'justify'
my handsomness hasn't really worked against me, it just causes a little attention from the opposite sex. That's all.
Re: Handsome Dudes & Beautiful Ladies; Has Your Beauty Ever Worked Against You? by Creamish(f): 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
This thread seems like a mouse trap...lolz...

On a serious note, i can relate wit OP's story cos I had a similar experience. Dat aside, its always been a plus for me.... (In all humility) grin

1 Like

Re: Handsome Dudes & Beautiful Ladies; Has Your Beauty Ever Worked Against You? by jamillion: 10:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
What do u care, even segun arinze do marry, leave facial looks for d ladies, men should most importantly work on there pocket
Re: Handsome Dudes & Beautiful Ladies; Has Your Beauty Ever Worked Against You? by Emperoradrian(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2016
Mine happened during d strike,my frend suggested we look for somwhr to teach,so we won't b idle,and also mak som moni,during d strike period.....his aunt is a proprietress in an all gals sec sch,and d sch was lacking in science tutors,so wen we got dia,we explained everytin to d propritress,she agreed,though d pay wasn't DAT big,Bt e reach 10k....i was to teach biology,and my friend wud tak Dem on physics.she told us to report to work on Monday....i went home DAT day,very happy,I brought out my Essential biology txt buk,cos na I'm I go use teach...*fast forward to monday* Monday morning,I woke up early,had my bath,and got dressed,I was putting on a T.m Lewin sky blue shirt,and a Zara black plain trousers.. Well tucked in,with my lacoste black shoe,well polished,and my transparent googles,and also my michael korrs wrist watch,I also carried my laptop bag along,and u was good to go.....wen I got to d sch premises,i joined d oda staffs on stage at d assembly..... It was tym for d proprietress to introduce d new staff...,she called out my frend,and introduced him to d whole sch as d new physics tutor,wen it got to my turn,she called me and I came out to introduce myself,d students started shouting,I was surprised and I started smiling,d oda teachers calmed d gals down,and asked me to continue,as I opened my my to talk,dey started shouting and clapping again,dis continued until d proprietress served d students punishment,and concluded d assembly,she asked me to meet her in her office,wen I met her she said "young man u saw wat happened at d assembly,pls you can't teach in my sch,dis is my business,and I dnt want u spoil it for me,if anything happens to any of my gal,eg getting pregnant,oda parents wud b forced to withdraw dis daughters....i pleaded,Bt she no gree,in d end she gav me 1k for to bak home .dat was how I lost DAT opportunity o.
Re: Handsome Dudes & Beautiful Ladies; Has Your Beauty Ever Worked Against You? by Eniqurl(f): 7:28pm On May 24, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Awkward Moment When U Meet A Guy U Turrned Down / 8 S *x Positions Guys Never EVER Want To Try With You ( Seriously!) / Nigerian Ladies Cries Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.