Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request (14778 Views)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
Ishilove:
Lovely as usual! Ishilove likey smiley

From your narration, it wasn't their ethnicity that provoked the fight but the saucy natures of two women acting like binches. The tribal card got played when the women got into full WWE mode. It just shows that deep down, most people are tribalists, and it surfaces when they're acting like primitive barbarians.

I on my part really cannot hate my neighbour because of his tribe: it takes too much energy which I am not inclined waste.

I regard Sani the aboki, Ochikpe the stingy-ass mofo of an Efik lawyer, Abayo the Yoruba tout and Meche the Igbo drug addict (all my neigbours) under the same microscope: Nigerians first, ethnicity second.

Yes. Nigerian first, before ethnicity. And then we need to start thinking deeply about the history that shapes our lives. Why on earth should you hate Emeka that imports Tecno so you can be the proud owner of an Android phone or Ibrahim that brings you fresh Tomatoes and Watermelon or Oluwaseun, that gave you a forum to express yourself. So you hate all these people because you love Ojukwu and Awolowo and Tafawa Balewa... Because your father told you stories that you will never ever learn the truth about yourself.
Ah! We need a total brain-reset in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by PreciousBro: 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
We are Well Informed Now, Nigeria Is Too Big To Be Forced as One. The Diverse In Cultural Difference and Life style . Smh

We Can All Deceive Ourselves and Preach Oneness" But If We Can't Live It, Then We Can't Grow. And That Brings Us To This Present Day Nigeria. Yes Its Sad, But I Want To Survive and Grow, I Believe Everyone Deserves Survival and Growth.

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Kingspin(m): 10:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
I tell people that tribe and religion are our major problem corruption and the rest could not be fought as the result. We must restructure this country now and leave people looking at oil and federal gains.

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
PreciousBro:
Stop Blaming Our Fathers and Ancestors!!

We aren't Kids Anymore and We Are Aware Of Our Identities, Culture and Tradition and Their Differences.

I don't blame them, I blame us.
I have chosen not to fight the Chibuzor that I know because of Ojukwu that I do not know.. That is my stand.
What is your own stand?

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
cacali:
Wonderful, wonderful piece. Its really terrible this hate in our land. Not even just among the major tribes but even among communities that are relatively brothers in the same state. I am fortunate to be born Igbo, but was born & bred in Lagos and have lived here all my life. I went to a unity school in the north and still have friends who are northerners even after 20 something years. My best friends r from the minor ethnic groups and I believed with my all rounder cultural orientation, I wild have a generation of children who do not know this hatred. I was shocked a few years back, when my daughter then about 5 or 6 years announced that she hates Yoruba people because they are smelly and dirty. She cold have only picked that up in one place, from her friends who have already been indoctrinated with that hate. Its sad really. I've had to work on that mindset constantly
u re using words from ur 5 or 6 years daughter dat wud soon be d one dat wud tell u she hates her teacher in sch because he is too wicked... to judge actions be grown ups, it's folks like u dat wud be dreaming abt an imaginary Nigeria... don't wanna laff, but ppl like u re d types dat die in d north every year during election where they re claiming that they re claiming good Nigerian... u stay in Lagos ryt... keep it up.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by PreciousBro: 10:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
For Every Reaction, There's an Action and For Every Action, There's a Reason.

I Hate To Turn Blind Eye On Things.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by zeelo2014: 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
lestat:

My dear after eating your dinner let's converse...sadly or rather unfortunately it's true, tribalism is even practised in schools .. my first direct experience of tribalism was in my second year in unilag, I met a girl we where dating then one day I met her folks and when they learnt I was igbo they told their daughter to be done with the relationship. Second one was when my elder brother was graduating from the faculty of engineering in unilag...the HOD called my mum and explained to her that my elder brother couldn't be given a first class because he isn't from the West, a Yoruba...so he graduated with a 2:1. These are real facts that can be proven... This also happens to a friend of mine who graduated as a doctor from LUTH, he wasn't given as distinction because he wasn't yoruba. So when the schools are teaching tribalism what do you expect? Igbos born in the west are indirectly taught to hate their language and tribe, hence a lot of them try to be Yoruba. I feel so sad about this tribalism problem facing this country for its too far gone to be helped.
I can relate with ur write-up. Had a very similar experience many years back. I used to think our generation will correct all these but from what I've seen on social media, I've given up.

3 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Honesty007(m): 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
The hatred has been sown by our Forefathers and Nationalists!!! Awo sowed hatred seed of Starvation and conspiracy against other tribes while Late Ojukwu sowed d seed of Greed,Pride ,revenge and mistrust among his own tribe against other tribes and while d Northerners who had long hated the amalgamation r squandamaneurs and destroyers who love violence in leadership and rejection

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by ndcide(m): 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
The hate will not stop, when we can't tell those who want to bomb us to submission, Never again.

The hate will not stop when we hide the truth and want us to believe we love ourselves when indeed the truth is we don't.

The hate will not stop when I supported your brother in his obvious weakness to the very last minute. But everyday you fight my brother forgetting that what is after six, is more than seven.

The hate will only stop when we ask the Question that should have been asked 100 years ago now. get the answer and work with the answer.

we can not wish it away.

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
freecocoa:
Standd standd, my new favorite Nlnder, I'm loving you more everyday, your wisdom is attractive.

You are not alone on this, I just want to point out that, the two women didn't fight because they are from different tribes, they fought because they are both crazy, however one can't ignore the fact that the hate in this country di very behube.

Thank you Freecocoa smiley
I'm not too bothered about the women that fought or their ethnicity. Anybody can fight in Lagos at anytime, as a matter of fact, some people dress up and go out for the sole purpose of fighting cheesy. Some people are even paid to fight, ask the APC and PDP thugs sad
What bothered me was the exchange of words after the driver drove off, if people harbour so much bitterness, yet they live together. What happens if a war ever breaks out? Where are we headed?

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by PreciousBro: 10:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
standd:

I don't blame them, I blame us.
I have chosen not to fight the Chibuzor that I know because of Ojukwu that I do not know.. That is my stand.
What is your own stand?

Its Not About Blaming, Can You Live With The Musa You Don't Know, Or The Kunle That Calls You Friend But Knit His Brows With His Friends and Family When Matters About You are Discussed ?

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
ndcide:
The hate will not stop, when we can't tell those who want to bomb us to submission, Never again.

The hate will not stop when we hide the truth and want us to believe we love ourselves when indeed the truth is we don't.

The hate will not stop when I supported your brother in his obvious weakness to the very last minute. But everyday you fight my brother forgetting that what is after six, is more than seven.

The hate will only stop when we ask the Question that should have been asked 100 years ago now. get the answer and work with the answer.

we can not wish it away.

Ehh! This is deep.

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
PreciousBro:

Its Not About Blaming, Can You Live With The Musa You Don't Know, Or The Kunle That Calls You Friend But Knit His Brows With His Friends and Family When Matters About You are Discussed ?

What is your own stand?

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
ChristyG:
ibo universities hardly accept non ibos and that is a bitter fact,so nowadays most yorubas avoid them
it's just corruption on d universities path, sm of them can deny a qualified candidate from der state to give admission to sm1 from another state if u pay well, note I said some...especially when they re corrupt. just because ur cousin didn't get admitted and he passed u now assume sat it's because he is Yoruba.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
zeelo2014:

I can relate with ur write-up. Had a very similar experience many years back. I used to think our generation will correct all these but from what I've seen on social media, I've given up.

Don't give up yet. You can make a difference.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by PreciousBro: 10:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
I Have Tried To Love The Aishat and The Zainab Truly For Existing Naturally as Humans.

But They Feel Lazy To Love Back, But Theirs Is With a Tribal Veil On.

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by cacali(f): 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
U really need to listen to urself. It is pple like u dt won't allow us to move forward & will go ahead to kill their fellow human beings all in the name that ur ethnic group is better than the other. Yes I live in Lagos come and uproot me if u can. Nonsense & ingredients. Don't let me vex o.
lygn19:
u re using words from ur 5 or 6 years daughter dat wud soon be d one dat wud tell u she hates her teacher in sch because he is too wicked... to judge actions be grown ups, it's folks like u dat wud be dreaming abt an imaginary Nigeria... don't wanna laff, but ppl like u re d types dat die in d north every year during election where they re claiming that they re claiming good Nigerian... u stay in Lagos ryt... keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
GodMode:

No one is brainwashed... Nigeria changed the moment the igbos decided to go to other regions to start killing people...

People were living peacefully then all of a sudden the igbos attacked families that were living in peace.

Igbos should be given the biafra they crave for...

This is not about the Igbos. We heard the Yoruba's side of the story, we also heard the Igbo's side of the same story. Now, who will tell us the TRUTH?

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
PreciousBro:
I Have Tried To Love The Aishat and The Zainab Truly For Existing Naturally as Humans.

But They Feel Lazy To Love Back, But Theirs Is With a Tribal Veil On.

While you are busy loving the Aishat and the Zainabs tongue Remember the Bukolas and the Ngozis. We are one smiley
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by PreciousBro: 10:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
standd:

What is your own stand?

My Stand Is For Me and My People Alone, The Rest Can Exist, Just Not With Me Around Them.

I Know My People, I Call Them Family , They Call Me Family, I Understand Them They Understand Me.

I Don't Have To Put Up With Some Sentimental Bullock Of Accepting a Stranger as Family, It Can't Work. Nigeria Is a Joke. Its a Corpse, We all Need Our Share Of The Remains To Either Bury,Reborn Or Whatever. No One Wants To Accept Guilt.

An Animal Not Long ago Just Blamed a Tribe For This Present Tribalism The Country Is Phased With. Then Let That Problem Go ,They Say No.

My Ribs are Cracking. And Its Not Even Funny!

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Kossyne(m): 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nice one OP, though I detect some tribalistic undertones in your narrative but I will spare you some blame.
Saying that disunity, hate and bigotry fuelled by tribalism will be the very bane of Nigeria-the most populous black nation is just stating the obvious.
Despite your noble effort and that of other similar minded individuals like you, calling a dog a bird will not make it grow wings. Tribalism has come to stay ,and guess what his rent is not expiring anytime soon.

3 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
PreciousBro:

My Stand Is For Me and My People Alone, The Rest Can Exist, Just Not With Me Around Them.

I Know My People, I Call Them Family , They Call Me Family, I Understand Them They Understand Me.

I Don't Have To Put Up With Some Sentimental Bullock Of Accepting a Stranger as Family, It Can't Work. Nigeria Is a Joke. Its a Corpse, We all Need Our Share Of The Remains To Either Bury,Reborn Or Whatever. No One Wants To Accept Guilt.

An Animal Not Long ago Just Blamed a Tribe For This Present Tribalism The Country Is Phased With. Then Let That Problem Go ,They Say No.

My Ribs are Cracking. And Its Not Even Funny!

This is really sad sad
How I wish that we can just live as one and unite as a Nation not divided by tribe or religion. How I wish.

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
And this came after a serious and hot argument with my dad about the history of Nigeria and the civil war.

God bless you. STANDD

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
so junior was your first love
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kossyne:
Nice one OP, though I still detect some tribalistic undertones in your narrative. Though I will spare you some blame.
Saying that disunity, hate and bigotry fuelled by tribalism will be the very bane of Nigeria-the most populous black nation is just stating the obvious.
Despite your noble effort and that of other similar minded individuals like you, calling a dog a bird will not make it grow wings. Tribalism has come to stay ,and guess what his rent is not expiring anytime soon.

Yes. This is Nairaland and a thread will never be complete without the bolded smiley
You guys rock.
If you break me into one trillion pieces, you will NOT find a single bigoted bone in my body. I wonder how you guys perceive these things. But pls, tribalism has not come to stay.
What is your stand?

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by PreciousBro: 10:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
standd:

While you are busy loving the Aishat and the Zainabs tongue Remember the Bukolas and the Ngozis. We are one smiley

Its Hard To Love Those That Aren't Similar With You That's Why The Aishats ,Zainabs Even Bukolas and Egwonos Didn't Work Out In The First Place.

There Has To Be Something To Spark The Light First. It Isn't There Because We aren't One With Same Mind,Same Life Style etc.

Smh. Let's Just Go Jare.

We'd Learn To Love and Understand Ourselves From The Other Side With Visas To See Each Other.

Period!
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by PreciousBro: 11:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
standd:

This is really sad sad
How I wish that we can just live as one and unite as a Nation not divided by tribe or religion. How I wish.

Yea, Wishful Thinking!!!!

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
barristerMDGs:

And this came after a serious and hot argument with my dad about the history of Nigeria and the civil war.

God bless you. STANDD

Thank you. God bless you too smiley
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by GodMode: 11:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
standd:

This is not about the Igbos. We heard the Yoruba's side of the story, we also heard the Igbo's side of the same story. Now, who will tell us the TRUTH?

Go and read Nigeria's history... All the ethnic problems you see today were caused by the igbos...

The govt is not helping... There are over 20 million igbos, 20 million yoruba, 20 million hausa not including the other tribes.. Then one person from a tribe would rule over all the other tribes... It won't work...

Putin is trying to unite Russia and Ukraine and see what that has led to...

Nigeria would better if it disintegrates peacefully... But the only thing keeping Nigeria together is corruption..

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
PreciousBro:

Yea, Wishful Thinking!!!!

You said ' no one wants to accept guilt'...it got to me. I feel that, we are stuck 'here' because we keep passing the buck like Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden undecided
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
GodMode:

Go and read Nigeria's history... All the ethnic problems you see today were caused by the igbos...

The govt is not helping... There are over 20 million igbos, 20 million yoruba, 20 million hausa not including the other tribes.. Then one person from a tribe would rule over all the other tribes... It won't work...

Putin is trying to unite Russia and Ukraine and see what that has led to...

Nigeria would better if it disintegrates peacefully... But the only thing keeping Nigeria together is corruption..

CORRUPTION! The password.

But wait, you mean it is better we disintegrate?
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
cacali:
U really need to listen to urself. It is pple like u dt won't allow us to move forward & will go ahead to kill their fellow human beings all in the name that ur ethnic group is better than the other. Yes I live in Lagos come and uproot me if u can. Nonsense & ingredients. Don't let me vex o.
yeah... but have u eva heard dz saying what u say u become... I don't know wats so special abt dz lagos that sm of u want to die inside... u ppl just never learn from ur mistakes, history is trying to repeat itself, but this time I think it's for the greater good for sm of u to hv sense, in d past just as d yorubas are talking now, Dats how the northerners were once talking, I even watched dat documentary abt Sarduanas igbo domination saga, d ppl kept building hate in der hearts, then d moment dat incident of 1966 happened that was an excuse for them to vent all d hate that has been building up since, with the amount of hate going on in the west wat is left now to send d finishing blow to u ppl's final demise is for smbodi to hire an Igbo assassin and send him to kill a Yoruba leader, lemme say Tinubu, then recapture the assassin and kill him b4 he says anything then let the world know the assassin is igbo and watch the bloodiest progrom take its place again, but this time the only thing is dat there won't be war but U ppl wud die like chickens. and am gonna mourn ur passing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

A BEAUTIFUL FOE / ​Where Is The Third Answer?- A Review Of Juliana Olayode's (Toyo's) 'Rebirth' / Between Nnedi Okorafor & Upcoming Author She Told 'Talk Is Cheap'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.