Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Mourinho's After Match Comment After Dumping Out By PSG - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho's After Match Comment After Dumping Out By PSG (1410 Views)

Mikel Mobbed By zambian Girls After Match / Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? / Vincent Enyeama, Wife & Kids Take An After Match Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho's After Match Comment After Dumping Out By PSG by haryodejy(m): 12:51am On Mar 12, 2015
The Blues had an extra man for much of the game following Zlatan Ibrahimovic's first half red card but couldn't make their numerical advantage countJose Mourinhoadmitted thatChelsea"couldn't cope" withParis Saint-Germainafter his side were knocked out of the Champions League at the last-16 stage on Wednesday night.The Ligue 1 champions saw Zlatan Ibrahimovic sent off in the first half for a lunge on Oscar but the Blues still didn't have enough to progress despite their numerical advantage.Twice Chelsea took the lead, firstly through Gary Cahill on 81 minutes before David Luiz returned to haunt his former club with a thumping header that took the game into extra time.Eden Hazard then tucked home a penalty after Thiago Silva was adjudged to have handled the ball in the area but the Brazil defender madeamends with a dramatic equaliser on 114 minutes to see PSG through on away goals."Of course, we had the game in our hands twice but I think the opponent was stronger than us," Mourinho toldSky Sports. "They coped better than us with the pressure of the game. I think with them at 10 men we felt the pressure of winning even more."They had nothing to lose, they just played their game. We couldn't cope with that. We conceded two goals from set-pieces where the organisation is clear, where the markers have to decide and the players in the zone are the same. We conceded two goals that were difficult to accept."Mourinho says Chelsea must now turn their focus to the Premier League and ensure they end the season by winning the title."I told my players as I always do that it's not after the match that I kick tables and doors," he added. "It's time to be calm and analyse the teambecause we have a game on Sunday and we have to win the Premier League."We are playing to win the Premier League and we have more matches to play."

Re: Mourinho's After Match Comment After Dumping Out By PSG by onatisi(m): 3:38am On Mar 12, 2015
Wonderful ideology from mou. Forget the past and face the future .

1 Like

Re: Mourinho's After Match Comment After Dumping Out By PSG by omniwater007: 9:27am On Mar 12, 2015
ok!

Re: Mourinho's After Match Comment After Dumping Out By PSG by missdebs(f): 10:16am On Mar 12, 2015
thats my coach!
Re: Mourinho's After Match Comment After Dumping Out By PSG by lordthree(m): 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
No team can win every game, if football was that way then it would be boring, you win some and you lose some, the important thing is rising above defeat.
Re: Mourinho's After Match Comment After Dumping Out By PSG by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 12, 2015
omniwater007:
ok!
lol. I heard sasha handled 15 men @ once

(1) (Reply)

Kano Pillars Vs Ifeanyi Ubah 1-0 (Abandoned at 60') / You Can Win #1 Million Naira In Ten Days / Football Living Legend, Cristiano Ronaldo Banned For 5 Match For Pushing Referee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.