Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Tissue Paper And Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Tissue Paper And Islam (38965 Views)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know / Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 11:13pm On Jan 17, 2009
@Earth,

muslim women clean with moistened tissue paper if water is not available. If this choice is absent, clean with tissue paper and once you find water, do a proper rinsing of the privates.

The goal is cleanliness which they say, is next to godlinessabi u no gree

So you wait till you get home to find rinsing water abi?. Whats this about cleanliness?. Muslims use water to wash even when they fart. What are they washing off? the fart air or what?. Does it also mean that muslims cannot fart wherever water is not readily available or will they do it anyway and hope to wash off the fart air when they get home?
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by olabowale(m): 12:02am On Jan 18, 2009
Disclaimer: I am after you, okay. I dont need your drama. However when a muslim blows wind, except it is a wet wind, you dont have to wash off anything, because there is nothing to wash off.

However you just make a fresh ablution in order to make Salah.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 8:06pm On Jan 18, 2009
However you just make a fresh ablution in order to make Salah.
In other words, farting is considered a sin in islam?
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by olabowale(m): 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2009
no.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by olabowale(m): 8:39pm On Jan 18, 2009
just like sleep. when you wake up from a deep sleep; you make a fresh wudu. is like brushing your teeth after heavy sleep, or as soon as you can, afterwards. its normal. right? funmi. olojoro.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by earTHMama: 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2009
How your wives na?.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by bgees(m): 2:13pm On Jan 19, 2009
toilet paper wont clean u well enough. water has a greater effect.

i was actually very surprised when i discovered that washing the anus with water is done only by muslims.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by Lagosboy: 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2009
Jarus and Funmi when is your Nikkah now? Dont forget to invite every single Nairalander. lols
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2009
@earthmama\deepzone\pepperspray\hotfunmi\redhotchic,
sometime I wonder how u do it. You're almost always on NL. . . . . undecided\. Do u work? Just curious.
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by osisi2(f): 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2009
fellis:

sometime I wonder how u do it. You're almost always on NL. . . . . undecided\. Do u work? Just curious.

you forgot osunamazon,hot.funmi
The girl is a pharmacist.
not everyone works 20 hour shifts grin
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by MrCrackles(m): 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2009
fellis:

sometime I wonder how u do it. You're almost always on NL. . . . .  undecided\. Do u work? Just curious.

Work ke, wen credit crunch dey town!
Even when credit crunch no dey, she still dey slouch for bed in front of her old skool type CRT monitor!!
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by osisi2(f): 9:28pm On Jan 20, 2009
bgees:

toilet paper wont clean u well enough. water has a greater effect.

i was actually very surprised when i discovered that washing the anus with water is done only by muslims.

Tufiakwa!!!!!!!!!
Please remind me to keep away from kuli kuli
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by KarmaMod(f): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2009
MrCrackles:

Work ke, wen credit crunch dey town!
Even when credit crunch no dey, she still dey slouch for bed in front of her old skool type CRT monitor!!

grin tongue n gbo Funmi?
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by zayhal(f): 9:24am On Feb 01, 2013
I missed this thread back then, just going through it now, and I am truly amazed at the sheer ignorance displayed by the non-muslims here. Most of the Christians I know, neighbours, friends, colleagues, use water to clean after using the toilet. Any right thinking person knows that water cleans better than tissue. But these people are blinded by hate and too rooted in myopia to see or accept what is right.

By the way, the OP's initial argument was that tissue is forbidden for muslims. That was what she intended to ridicule Islam for. But when she learns that she's wrong, she switches to tissue is better than water.

The only thing I can call these is ignorance.

Ihdinaa siraatal mustaqeem. Amin.

Alhamdulilah for Islam. Barka jum'a folks.

1 Like

Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by tpia5: 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by BetaThings: 7:42am On Feb 04, 2013
zayhal: I missed this thread back then, just going through it now, and I am truly amazed at the [b]sheer ignorance [/b]displayed by the non-muslims here. Most of the Christians I know, neighbours, friends, colleagues, use water to clean after using the toilet. Any right thinking person knows that water cleans better than tissue. But these people are blinded by hate and too rooted in myopia to see or accept what is right.

By the way, the OP's initial argument was that tissue is forbidden for muslims. That was what she intended to ridicule Islam for. But when she learns that she's wrong, she switches to tissue is better than water.

The only thing I can call these is ignorance.

Ihdinaa siraatal mustaqeem. Amin.

Alhamdulilah for Islam. Barka jum'a folks.

Salaam
It is not ignorance when somebody asks if farting is a sin since we make wudu after farting
As you can see people who seem to ask questions to clarify issue start contradicting us when we offer sincere explanations
When an OP of a thread like this start giving FAKE statistics about disease prevalence by religious denomination, the intention becomes very very clear

I wonder why 80 years ago what people used to clean up. I can imagine people posting here walking up to their parents to tell them that they (the parents) were lucky to be alive since grandpa and grandma were disease vectors due to their (grandma and pa) sanitary practice of using water
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by BetaThings: 7:48am On Feb 04, 2013
Just to remind ourselves

These are some of the etiquette of every Jumat day (Friday)
We cut our nails
We trim our hair
We do ghusl
Re: Tissue Paper And Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
its not just a muslim thing . it is pre-islamic hygeine. We Pagans use water too. it is cleaner than paper.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramadan: 80 Nigerians Arrested For Eating In Public During Fast / Understanding Jazakummullahu Khairan / Chinese Man Converts To Islam In Kano State, Gets New Muslim Name. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.