Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,835 members, 7,802,671 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) (72738 Views)

Bank Verification Number (BVN) And Crowded Banks (photos) / 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) / Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Pearlvictory(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Hmmm
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by jreyez(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Cool
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by ennysuccess(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
First bank for Lokoja dey mad

dey say make we dey come back say light no dey

I don't know when bank starts to depends on NEPA

e tire me ghan o
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Caracta(f): 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
saintfizzo:
For one who uses more than one bank... do I have to get BVN for each of my Bank accounts?

No. You get it done in one bank and it covers for all your accounts.

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
Did mine a long time ago yet I didn't receive any BVN from GTB
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by datguru: 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
hedonistic:

Funniest thing I have read this year. Even America's banking system loses billions of dollars every year to fraud (and our Naija boys - all the "elegushi spenders" and co - partake in this annual feast in the millions of dollars). If Fraudulent transactions have not been eliminated in the United States, it is laughable to even suggest that it is possible in Nigeria in the next 20 years. Get real.

Your head dey there. USA even use SSN and has more sophisticated verification system but are still been defrauded

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by donsteady(m): 9:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
Hope there wouldn't be any lopholes
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by ezelous: 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
As good as the initiative is, its also a fulfilment of the end times.

4 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by watered(m): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by AreaFada2: 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
ok
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by freshcvv(m): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Is this peculiar to just Nigeria?
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by hcupid(m): 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
saintfizzo:
For one who uses more than one bank... do I have to get BVN for each of my Bank accounts?
no you don't have to. All you need do is register @any of the banks you banking with, then when you are given the number you take it to the other banks you have accounts with.

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by vitality22(m): 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
saintfizzo:
Even if you have account in all the banks in Nigeria, just choose one of the banks and do the verication and afterwards submit the verification number given to you to the other banks.
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
Who re behind this bank fraud? The road side vulcaniser, my neighbourhood tailor,my wife's beautician, the local market women or men? I will not do it, let me watch how my bank will deny I don't have an account. An exercise in futility
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by njideoby(f): 9:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
CBN and its wahala! I have enrolled and gotten my BVN and equally distributed same to my different accounts in other banks. But my confusion is what happened to Nuban.
When enrolling for Nuban was reigning, offices and organisations were threatening their workers with salary stoppage if the Nuban was not provided. All of a sudden, Nuban was forgotten and now BVN. Tomorrow another government of CBN will fault this and issue another mode of verification and security. We the poor masses will be left with no other option than to still rush back to comply.

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by igoro10: 9:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Chinatownm(m): 9:58pm On Mar 15, 2015
jus cus of dis my 350 naira wey de wit diamond bank na I go de do all dis plenty bvn tinx. abeg make d oda 100 bucks de houx jare.
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Neplusultra(f): 9:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
All I know is its d new world order/Endtime tins angry
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by jbaby265(f): 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2015
i bank with first bank and yet i have not received any info concerning this

infact first bank has not said anytin like bvn to me
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Chinatownm(m): 10:03pm On Mar 15, 2015
njideoby:
CBN and its wahala! I have enrolled and gotten my BVN and equally distributed same to my different accounts in other banks. But my confusion is what happened to Nuban.
When enrolling for Nuban was reigning, offices and organisations were threatening their workers with salary stoppage if the Nuban was not provided. All of a sudden, Nuban was forgotten and now BVN. Tomorrow another government of CBN will fault this and issue another mode of verification and security. We the poor masses will be left with no other option than to still rush back to comply.

are u not one of those clamouring for change? jus asking, cus dis is also change

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by saintfizzo(m): 10:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
@caracta @hcupid @vitality22... thanx for the response
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Humblebloke(m): 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
siegfried99:
Ok sir

Registered with GTB last year, will go back there soon for my BVN cool

They will send it to ur mobile......buh I got mine within two days... U should go complain
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Gboliwe: 10:12pm On Mar 15, 2015
siegfried99:
Ok sir

Registered with GTB last year, will go back there soon for my BVN cool

What did you register?
BVN from GTB is within 48hrs. If you don't get it after that time, go back and complain
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by davo3286: 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
UncleSnr:
My only problem with it is that its time consuming.

No, it's not.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Gboliwe: 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
UncleSnr:
My only problem with it is that its time consuming.

Mine didn't take more than 15mts and it was in the ever crowded GTBank
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Gboliwe: 10:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
stepo707:
Well how long does it take before am issued a BVN.I registered 3weeks ago?

Better go back and make a complaint
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Gboliwe: 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
saintfizzo:

No. One BVN covers all your other 25 bank accounts cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Gboliwe: 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
tiamiyukunle69:
Did mine a long time ago yet I didn't receive any BVN from GTB

Obviously, there was a hitch. Better go back and straighten it out
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by echelons(m): 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
saintfizzo:
No. If already are enrolled in a particular bank, you don't have to enrol in another bank.
Just go to the other banks you have accounts with and submit the BVN to them. The banks will just validate the BVN and link it to your accounts.
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 15, 2015
Done
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Aspireahead(m): 10:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
[quote author=UncleSnr post=31653744]My only problem with it is that its time consuming.[/quote it took me less than five minutes to do mine
Re: The Importance Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) by njideoby(f): 10:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
Chinatownm:

are u not one of those clamouring for change? jus asking, cus dis is also change
Before you change something, ensure that whatever thing you are changing into is far better than your present state, to avoid had I known or story that touched.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where To Buy Wholesale Cosmetic Products In Naija / Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project / These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.