Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House (4054 Views)

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. / True Confession: I Caught My Uncle’s Wife Having Sex With The Gateman / My Uncle's Wife Younger Sister Is Acting Funny With Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by IBCE(f): 10:31am On Jan 15, 2009
I stay with my mum's younger brother,he is a wonderfull person.
His wife has done everytin to get me out of da house.
She treats me in da most humiliating way.
She even asked me to leave her house but my uncle has said that can not happen
When my uncle asked her her reasons, she said "it is not just working out b/w both of us"
I haven't done anytin to this woman ,nth at all.pls what do I do cos she is bent on making my stay in dat house miserable.
I cant consentrate on anytin i do, even at work.
I want to just get up and leave without letting ma uncle know and den send him a txt later.
Ryt now they r fighting and its because of me, I dont want bring problems b/w dem
What do y'll tink?
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by ifyalways(f): 10:36am On Jan 15, 2009
If you can afford an accomodation of your own,just leave and stay on your own.
Am not saying you did something wrong BUT in the best intrest of your good uncle and his marriage,leave and let peace reign again in the home.pay for a house,calmly call her and your uncle one cool evening and thank them both for been good to and then go ahead to tell them that you moving to your own house.so simple !
how old are you sef undecided
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by IBCE(f): 10:40am On Jan 15, 2009
I need y'l to let me know wat u tink cos its really bad
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by Seun(m): 10:42am On Jan 15, 2009
Unfortunately for you, it's her house and she has the right to throw you out. I'm very sorry about this but it's true. So so sorry man.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by IBCE(f): 10:44am On Jan 15, 2009
@ Ify tnx I have other places to stay here.
I would've jst left here totally if not for work.
My uncle will neva let me leave da house.
He said he cant explain it to my mum and oda members of da family.
That's why I tink I shld leave, then talk to him from where i am.
I.m 24
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by JJYOU: 10:48am On Jan 15, 2009
just leave better as you have other people to stay with
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by ifyalways(f): 10:56am On Jan 15, 2009
IBCE:

@ Ify tnx I have other places to stay here.
I would've jst left here totally if not for work.
My uncle will neva let me leave da house.
He said he cant explain it to my mum and oda members of da family.
That's why I tink I shld leave, then talk to him from where i am.
I.m 24
alright.Yeah,leave and then talk to him from wherever u are.i was soliciting that u inform them both b4 leaving so it wudnt look like theres was a problem somewhere but as it stands now,leave then call them both;to thank them.all da best gal.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by JJYOU: 11:15am On Jan 15, 2009
there is a similiar thread i saw yesterday. why do some women find pleasure in tormenting other young women? most people forget they will need the man's family on their side when when he starts misbehaving. i just pity the future some people build for themselves and children

hi landers,plz,dis might nt b d rite medium 4 dis bt its also a chanel 2 rich pple,kind pple,undastndin pple nd luvin pple,wel am a gal of 26yrs,i wok wit an insurance company in victoria island,i actualy started wok dis month,i stay wit my uncle nd his wife in ikoyi,bt d woman dont like me 4 anytin,infather hatered increased as i started wokin,nd evry litle oportunity ,she threatens me wit her ouse,nd she wil take me unawares,by sendin me out,i hv no close relation,nor a frnd i cn hook up wit,bt i luk up ,b4 d end of d 1st half of nxt yr,i wil get an accomodation probably in d island,plz,any God fearin lady or family dt can acomodate me,4 ds litle priod,i wil b glad,am a christain,nd a God fearing gal,a gud company 2b with,i wud b glad 2 hear positive response frm any1,am lukn out 4 an accomodation btw ikoyi nd vi,in case there is any available.cal me on 08035830380,tnks in anticipation
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=208606.msg3340411#msg3340411
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by olanajim(m): 11:24am On Jan 15, 2009
Jealousy na!
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by JJYOU: 11:58am On Jan 15, 2009
olanajim:

Jealousy na!
na wao
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by Shinatu: 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2009
I find it hard to believe that these women just hate these ladies and want them out for no reason

It could be that you have an attitude, you may have smartly made sure that the woman cannot particularly say you have done anything or said anything wrong but you may not be ready to be humble.

As someone said it is her home and there cannot be two captains in the same ship, it is either you have an humble spirit
which shows in your attitude to her (not that you should worship her, only God is worthy of our worship) or simply move out since there are other places you can stay.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by meexteriox(m): 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2009
My sister, don't be deceived, leave the house.
Just try, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by ravenesque: 7:30pm On Jan 16, 2009
Shinatu is right.

You know that Women are exquisite deep and complicated people. Your aunty may have started off liking you, and somewhere along the line you may have done one or two annoying things (she found them annoying even if you didn't) which she may have been able to ignore/forget if you lived in your own place: however the fact that you live in her house and she has to see you/signs of you in her house on a daily basis may be stressful for her. That stress/irritation is manifesting itself in the way she interacts with you.

Basically, you need to move out asap to ensure that this doesn't escalate into something worse - I'm sure you know this already. At 24 you're certainley old enuff to look after/live by yourself. Your uncle is simply being kind and trying to please his family members, however it is affecting you and his wife negatively, so his kindness is actually counterproductive and not helping anyone.

Make sure that you plan properly: moving out today and then moving back in 2moro (due to lack of funds or whatever else) will be more irritating for uncles's wife, so make sure that when you move out you are well prepared to stay out.

Try to have a number of good options of places to stay incase one of the places doesn't work out the way you had hoped. In particular, I advise that you stay with other ladies/women (no couples or guys) - you dont want to look as though you moved out simply to stay with your 'boyfriend', that will cause problems for your uncle within the family, (not saying u shdn't have a boyfriend - just dont live with him right now).

Think of a tactful way to tell your uncle, he likes and cares about you (and has done a good thing by letting you stay in his house so don't repay with something bad, ok.) Write him a letter (while you are still in his house and not when you have left), it will smooth the way before you sit down with him and discuss further: no txts or emails, it's too impersonal and slightly rude considering that he is not your age-mate. It seems hard and daunting now but once you have done it, its finished with and you can have peace of mind knowing that you tried your best to leave amicably.

I don't advocate staying in your uncle's house and trying to work out the situation because the dynamics in the house cannot change for your benefit: the fact is that it is their matrimonal home and you are a his neice, your rights will always be limited in their house.

Peace.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 16, 2009
when did they get married? If they are newly married then why are you there?

What is your attitude towards her? The "well its my brothers house and i can do as i please attitude"? Well sorry its her house, even if she and her husband fight from now till tomorrow you're the one who will eventually leave eh.

The stuff in your brothers house ceased to be yours the moment he married. Shinatu is right, your attitude could be the problem.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by Angolobabe(f): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2009
@poster,the only way to put an end to this situation is to move out,so that there will be peace in the house,since ur working u can be able to fend for ur self or even stay with those people that are willing to offer u accomodation and make sure to thank ur uncle and his wife for ur stay with them.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by ladeeh09: 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2009
abeg leave shinatu is very correct, leave and explain later, the woman is a wife and you should not come btw them, you know women. what they want is what they want and she wont give up till you are out. meanwhile check urself so you dont have problems elsewhere. goodluck tongue

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by Ndipe(m): 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2009
Abeg, leave the house before your presence breaks up their marriage. It wont bode well with any of the parties involved, as well as the society at large. That's also her house, and even if your uncle, the head of the family, objects to your departure, just smile and pack your stuff out.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by SeanT21(f): 1:02am On Jan 18, 2009
How old R U?

If U are old enough leave the house and find somewhere else to live.

If U are in your teen years,stay in house.She can go to hell!!
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by Ndipe(m): 2:02am On Jan 18, 2009
SeanT21:

How old R U?

If U are old enough leave the house and find somewhere else to live.

If U are in your teen years,stay in house.She can go to hell!!

Dont think so! It's her house, and while her treatment of her husband's relative is unfair, who should attempt to usurp her from her house?

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by Sapphic: 7:47am On Jan 18, 2009
@ Poster, Is there something sinister going on between you and your uncle? (It is just a question o. Make una no come crucify me for hia undecided). Go and live with a mate of yours, or move back home. Or if these options are not expedient, call the woman and have a heart to heart talk with her. If all fails, tell her to give you a few months that you are trying to make alternative arrangements for accommodation and work hard to rent yourself a place. . . even if it is a single room (your uncle might be able to assit you with some little funds).

To be honest. In the unlikely circumstance that I ever have a husband, I definitely will NOT want any member of his family living with us (and I do not care if it is his mother).
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by Ndipe(m): 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2009
@sapphic, I hope you will accept your husband's decision not to accomodate your family members.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by Sapphic: 1:12am On Jan 19, 2009
Ndipe:

@sapphic, I hope you will accept your husband's decision not to accomodate your family members.

No be boast, my family members cannot want or need to stay with me. But let us say they do, yes, that is perfectly fine by me that he won't accommodate them. In fact, I am the kind of person who would tell a fib and say my husband did not agree even when he does not mind.
Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by otokx(m): 10:37am On Jan 19, 2009
@IBCE

please leave your uncle's house

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by spikedcylinder: 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2009
Its her house, what are you doing there in the first place? 

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Wife Wants To Throw Me Out Of The House by kokorunna(m): 5:09pm On Jan 19, 2009
What have you done to upset her or are you having an affair with her.

www.churchwhereabouts.com grin

(1) (Reply)

Closed thread. Mods can delete when seen ✖️✖️✖️ / Can I Have Sex While Pregnant? / Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.