Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,509 members, 7,770,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:46 AM

Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! (14578 Views)

Are You Suffering From Sex In Bed / My Unpaid Salary Is Suffering My Family / I Feel Cheated After Many Years Of Suffering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 1:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
Osun state, a state which is said to have the lowest unemployment rate. A state with second lowest poverty rate according 2012 statistics. A state where the governor spend billions of naira to produce "opon ifa" I mean "opon imo" and thereby giving few out of the schools in Osun the Tablets. in Ife, few schools were given the tabs. A state that boast of employing graduates and the masses and this made people to hail the government of the state without knowing what these people are doing. The graduates appointed are doing no other work than sweeping the state all around with a remuneration of #10,000 per month.
the recent development of NONPAYMENT OF SALARY made me to write this article. The masses and the graduates appointed by the governor to clean the state have not been given any salary neither has the teachers.
We work for money for many things which include payment of our wards' school fees, buying foodstuffs, without money we can not do the above listed and this will affect our children's school because they will be sent away from school or we would starve to death if we have no money and does not involve in borrowing.
I am calling on all nairalanders and all patriotic Nigerians to please take this up and lets fight this injustice. He is there enjoying himself while the workers are suffering. The OYES members are being owed 8 months salary while the teachers are owed 5 months salary.
Let's save the FUTURE OF THE YOUTHS due to the fact that some youths might be denied of GOOD EDUCATION AND PROPER TREATMENT due the nonpayment of their parents' salary
I end this article by introducing this harsh tag #osunpaytheworkers. let's use this hash tag and save lives of the youths. in unity we can defeat things that seems tough for an individual.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by francizy(m): 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2015
Change agents, oya, over to you...

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by samutd4u(m): 1:46pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 1:49pm On Mar 12, 2015
francizy:
Change agents, oya, over to you...
some of my friends can not afford to eat three times per day again because of lack of money. the market women are complaining due to the fact that the workers are their main customers

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by francizy(m): 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
emaculate99:
some of my friends can not afford to eat three times per day again because of lack of money. the market women are complaining due to the fact that the workers are their main customers

The truth is that those in Lagos state that don't see what this change is bringing to the deprived people of other states are all over the internet screaming change.

Although I want Jonathan to win, sometimes I do say this, "let this their messiah even win, let's see the so called change he wants to bring to Nigeria".

I feel for you people greatly, even we in Lagos are suffering from lack of basic amenities. After the privatization, some state government started monitoring coys supplying power to them and there is increase in power supply but here in Lagos we only have 20-30 hours power supply in a month. All through this month, we've only had power not up to 4 hours (in 12 days). So insane. And some people are here screaming change.

I pity for this country.

I wish this will make front page but I guess mods may not put it there. I call on Mr. Lalasticlala to help this man @emaculate99 out

#osunpaytheworkers

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 2:01pm On Mar 12, 2015
francizy:

The truth is that those in Lagos state that don't see what this change is bringing to the deprived people of other states are all over the internet screaming change.

Although I want Jonathan to win, sometimes I do say this, "let this their messiah even win, let's see the so called change he wants to bring to Nigeria".

I feel for you people greatly, even we in Lagos are suffering from lack of basic amenities. After the privatization, some state government started monitoring coys supplying power to them and there is increase in power supply but here in Lagos we only have 20-30 hours power supply in a month. All through this month, we've only had power not up to 4 hours (in 12 days). So insane. And some people are here screaming change.

I pity for this country.
some of the teachers are now rationing food at home and borrowing money from friends but how long are we going to do this?....Osun people are suffering.

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by francizy(m): 2:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
emaculate99:
some of the teachers are now rationing food at home and borrowing money from friends but how long are we going to do this?....Osun people are suffering.

The teachers who are bringing up the leaders of tomorrow are being denied salaries. What a shame. It's this kind of scenarios the change agents say Osun gets a very low federal allocation and then I ask, is the Osun state allocation not almost the same as Ekiti's? Why did Fayose pay up workers both the ones owned by Fayemi?

#osunpaytheworkers

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
@Francis, do u know that we have two types of change? we have positive and negative changes. they claim that they will bring change without telling us the change they want to bring. since we have been seeing negative changes in APC controlled states then we can conclude that the change they are talking about is a negative one.
#osunpaytheworkers

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
francizy:

The teachers who are bringing up the leaders of tomorrow are being denied salaries. What a shame. It's this kind of scenarios the change agents say Osun gets a very low federal allocation and then I ask, is the Osun state allocation not almost the same as Ekiti's? Why did Fayose pay up workers but the ones owned by Fayemi?

#osunpaytheworkers
they are only looking for ways to justify their injustice...#osunpaytheworkers

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by 0nyegame(m): 2:16pm On Mar 12, 2015
Its true shall

1 Like

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by francizy(m): 2:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
emaculate99:
they are only looking for ways to justify their injustice...#osunpaytheworkers

I just wish people will come out en masse and protest against this injustice in Osun state.

#osunpaytheworkers

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 12, 2015
If you follow media propaganda, you will think that the people of Osun state are in eldorado. This is unacceptable. We shall resist this evil

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by francizy(m): 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
emaculate99:
@Francis, do u know that we have two types of change? we have positive and negative changes. they claim that they will bring change without telling us the change they want to bring. since we have been seeing negative changes in APC controlled states then we can conclude that the change they are talking about is a negative one.
#osunpaytheworkers

Some APC supporters know this but are however blinded by sentiments, yet they peddle lies about PDP supporters being bigots or sellouts.

#osunpaytheworkers

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 2:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
francizy:

Some APC supporters know this but are however blinded by sentiments, yet they peddle falsehood about PDP supporters being bigots or sellouts.

#osunpaytheworkers
yeah and they will paint it to the world that we in Osun state are not suffering but enjoying the "good work" of the governor. I pity them....#osunpaytheworkers

20 Likes

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 2:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
barcanista:
If you follow media propaganda, you will think that the people of Osun state are in eldorado. This is unacceptable. We shall resist this evil
You are right... let's come out en masse and protest against this... #osunpaytheworkers

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 2:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
0nyegame:
Its true shall
we are saying #osunpaytheworkers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 2:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
francizy:

I just wish people will come out en masse and protest against this injustice in Osun state.

#osunpaytheworkers
you are right
Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by francizy(m): 2:42pm On Mar 12, 2015
emaculate99:
yeah and they will paint it to the world that we in Osun state are not suffering but enjoying the "good work" of the governor. I pity them....#osunpaytheworkers

If not for this salary issue, I was actually thinking that Osun people were living a comfortable life. This was because one guy talked about the governor feeding primary school children free of charge and that the primary school children were enjoying free education. He went further to say that it's that same strategy Buhari wants to use in feeding primary school children all over Nigeria while giving them free education. He made seem so much like it was a perfect thing to do because he said it worked perfectly in Osun state so it will work in Nigeria.

Now I know what they truly want to introduce in Nigeria. Non payment of workers salary.
#osunpaytheworkers

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2015
francizy:

If not for this salary issue, I was actually thinking that Osun people were living a comfortable life. This was because one guy talked about the governor feeding primary school children free of charge and that the primary school children were enjoying free education. He went further to say that it's that same strategy Buhari wants to use in feeding primary school children all over Nigeria while giving them free education. He made seem so much like it was a perfect thing to do because he said it worked perfectly in Osun state so it will work in Nigeria.

Now I know what they truly want to introduce in Nigeria. Non payment of workers salary.
#osunpaytheworkers
A school that we cannot dream of sending our students to. he destroyed the educational system of the state by mixing different schools together. some students withdrew cos of the mixture while some schools get tougher. moreover, I agree with the fact that he gave the students free food but it's a project that was started by the previous government. He has stopped giving the students free textbooks as against what the previous governor established. students weren't allowed to write any examination in public schools last term then where is the quality education?#osunpayworkers

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by truth4meal(m): 3:03pm On Mar 12, 2015
This ugly situation is due to the inability of the Federal government to disburse complete allocation to states and it's not peculiar to just osun state. the labour union, NLC recently announced that 21 states of the federation is owing at least 3 months salary.
it's another pointer to the failure of the FG and the slide in oil price. The depletion of the mismanaged excess crude account is largely why we are here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by Agwoden(m): 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
They want opon IFA abi IMO. Let them deal with it.
Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by francizy(m): 3:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
truth4meal:
This ugly situation is due to the inability of the Federal government to disburse complete allocation to states and it's not peculiar to just osun state. the labour union, NLC recently announced that 21 states of the federation is owing at least 3 months salary.
it's another pointer to the failure of the FG and the slide in oil price. The depletion of the mismanaged excess crude account is largely why we are here.

Check this out and tell us how the blame of non payment goes to the federal government. Is it everything you people blame federal government? These governors spent billions and are still spending on campaign and therefore can't pay workers and you are blaming the federal government. I leave you with this to digest.

Secretary General of the National Union of Textile Garment and Tailoring Workers of Nigeria (NUTGTWN), Comrade Issa Aremu, has expressed concern over non payment of workers salaries by many state governors.

Speaking with newsmen in Kaduna at the NUTGTWN meeting, Aremu described the development as a wage theft, wage robbery and economic crime.

Aremu who is the Vice President of the Nigeria Labour Congress ( NLC) said for about three months now, 22 state governors are delaying or refusing to pay salaries but paid the delegates during the just concluded primary elections across the states.

“We see that delay in payment of salaries as wage theft, wage robbery. It is actually an economic crime because Nigeria labour law says thou shall pay the worker as at when due. In fact by 22nd of every month you must have pay the workers fully.

“We never heard of any delegate being owed a single penny during the primary elections, but they cannot get money to pay the workers. In fact, some of the delegates even bought new cars and properties after the primaries because they money they got in just few days is much more than what workers earn in many months. The governors should go to the place they got they money to pay delegates and settle the workers’ salaries ,” he said.

He also said the NUTGTWN has succeeded in negotiating a 15% increase in wages for its members, making it a 35% increase in the last four years.

“This shows that the process of collecting bargaining is working in the private sector and we will like to recommend this process for the public sector because most of their crisis is on the increase of wages and salaries which has been causing endless strikes and unfavourable industrial actions,” he added.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/22-state-governors-owing-workers-salaries/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by meforyou1(m): 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2015
On a very serious note, aregbesola should pay his workers. People that helped him win a gubernatorial election some months back.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
francizy:

Check this out and tell us how the blame of non payment goes to the federal government. Is it everything you people blame federal government? These governors spent billions and are still spending on campaign and therefore can't pay workers and you are blaming the federal government. I leave you with this to digest.

thumbs up#osunpaytheworkers

5 Likes

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
meforyou1:
On a very serious note, aregbesola should pay his workers. People that helped him win a gubernatorial election some months back.
apart from that he knows it as fact that people are suffering and decide to transfer all our funds to the campaign of his man and forget about us st home.... that reminds me the poem "Ambassador of poverty"

3 Likes

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by ajepako(f): 4:02pm On Mar 12, 2015
Dem never suffer!
Dem just start!
Shebi APC and Aregbe are their messiahs, abi?
Let them reap the consequence of their ignorance and idiocy..
Soon, he will owe you 20 months and sack you e-masse after election and propaganda!
Then, una eyes go clear..

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by cfame1(m): 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
barcanista:

Bro I work in osun state...osogbo to be precise.my colleague hates pdp more than devil. He spares nothing to criticise jonathan. This is because the governor told them that his federal allocations are either delayed or drastically reduced because of their different political views.
Funny enough this same guy woukd zoom off to lagos at any slightest opportunity. In fact, as I speak he is in lagos. If there is anyone that is clueless its the governor and his blind followers.
He lacks visions and foresight! Before the election last August, he paid two months arrears and paid subsequently even before the end of the month. They hailed him but I told them all these things a re just because he needs their votes.they rebrebuked meeven my colleague; a die hard apc puppet. Now we are all feeling it.
Guess what..all those people that sang his praises now deny voting for him!
Am happy its backfiring now at least before thw general elections
But I know one thing....He will collect loans to pay before elections to suggest that all is well.

28 Likes

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by cfame1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 12, 2015
meforyou1:
Funny enough aregbe is in lagos daily. I doubt if his commissioners live in osun state. Do you know there is no pension packages for civil servants in osun? He deducts some percentage of their salary for pension but doesn't remit it into the proposed account. .....smh. change my #glutealhairs

11 Likes

Re: Opinion-#osunpaytheworkers... OsunWorkers Are Suffering! by emaculate99: 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
cfame1:

Funny enough aregbe is in lagos daily. I doubt if his commissioners live in osun state. Do you know there is no pension packages for civil servants in osun? He deducts some percentage of their salary for pension but doesn't remit it into the proposed account. .....smh. change my #glutealhairs
imagine, #osunpaytheworkers

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? / ACP Simon Lough Becomes First Nigerian Police Officer Accorded SAN / 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.