Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. (27518 Views)

How Reliable Are Volvo Cars? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? / How Reliable Are BMW Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by redsun(m): 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
A people that does not understand the mechanism of motion can not use vehicles.Movememnt.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by jacchuxhotmail: 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
If you want to compare any car, just go to www.kbb.com. You should find help there.If the website requires a zip code just google any zip and type it in. All these comments about Mazda is just garbage.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by pannyman(m): 8:31pm On Jun 07, 2012
It would be interesting to hear from people who drive newer Mazda models. So far we only have responses only from the owners of older models.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by DaRapture: 8:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
Mazda is owned by Ford. All Mazda's from 2000 up are basically Fords with a twist to give them a unique look for Mazda brand.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by nas00(m): 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2012
Excuse me, I've used a 626 (1990, manual, sometimes referred to as 'Capella').
Let me assure you that is the most rugged, reliable and efficient car I ever used.
Bought as Toks in 1999 by a family friend, who travelled constantly with it without any faults. Only periodic engine servicing. Transferred to me for a token in 2005 (I was in Uni then).
Ppl, I've never seen a car so balanced on the highway (car had 15"rims by d way), speed, steering/handling was great, suspension system top notch. I travelled a lot with d car and d car never disappointed for d four years it was my 1st choice car. Other road users driving all these big (relatively modern) cars often marveled at my dashing 626's abilities.
Only other thing I noticed was d clutch kit seemed to have a rather short lifespan, so I had to change mine at least once a year. Thankfully, d kit ain't expensive and it's easy to change.
Poster: I will advise u wholeheartedly to go for a Mazda. It should serve u VERY WELL, provided u are a good driver. If u can get a manual, I'd say u choose it in lieu of auto.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by acl200(m): 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
greatikena: I am thinking of getting a Mazda car because of my budget for now, but I want to know how reliable and strong are these Mazda cars because I love travelling. Please I need advice before I proceed. Thank you all.

Do you need a Custom clearing Agent who will help you to Clear your Roro Vehicle and container at Tincan port, or you need advice on clearing cost or you have already ship your cars you want to know the ETA.
Contact me
ABIODUN: 08080999930, 07063352322
BB Pin: 2201804F
Acl200@yahoo.com
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by Redstone(m): 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2012
greatikena: THANK YOU KELLY
BUT JUST AS MY BROTHER WHERE CAN SOMEBOY GET A GOOD MECHANIC OR SHOULD WE JUST AVOID MAZDA CARS MODEL 1999 T0 2002 AUTOMATIC
smiley smiley grin

Solution: Get a good knowledge of the car you are using. It may take you about 1 year to get to know the car well, how do you know it, treat it like you baby, pay attention to faults and keep a record of faults and how they are rectified. Then you can better monitor your mechanic and even be able to buy your car parts yourself. get a reliable part dealers, your car will last and you will also enjoy it.

I Used a BMW 3 series, 99 model for 4 years. I got to know the car to the extent that when the car makes any funny sound or movement, I know what the fault is, and I get my mechanic to bring the faulty part out and then i call my part dealer to bring the part to my mechanic to fix it while I'm there. Of course, it all depends if you have the time. I am a businessman, so I have my time to manage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by jasinto123(m): 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2012
bro,my experience with Mazda 626 1995 is very bad...i change the engine twice before selling it..why not go for a Toyota or Honda 1997.they are still very stronger than Mazda products...Anyway..Best of Luck.. grin
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by tushbobo(m): 9:27pm On Jun 07, 2012
In my opinion I feel mazda cars are stronger than Toyota cars.depends on the model though

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by santakris(m): 10:18pm On Jun 07, 2012
X 2: My dear,
show love and care to any vehicle and it will serve you for years. my mazda 626 has been there since 2005. i service every 5000kg. i have travelled to & fro east/ph countless time. the closest i have gone into the engine is to change timing belt. Mazda is not bad at all. it takes attention off you.
Did I hear kg or km.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by babyboy3(m): 11:32pm On Jun 07, 2012
Mazda are very good cars, I once used a 626 (94) then I bought a 323 (96) before I bought a 626 (00) none of them has never let me down, apart for minor things like changing the fan belt or plug leads etc. and one thing I noticed was the 626 which was a 2ltr engines does more miles to the gallon than a Honda Accord (98) 2ltr engine.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by elite(m): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2012
I think the sienna 2001 model is also good and reliable. Thinking of obtaining one very soon. Wat do u guys tink?
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by dunkem21(m): 12:41am On Jun 08, 2012
Be wise. Buy a TOYOTA! shocked
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by Nobody: 3:09am On Jun 08, 2012
redsun: No vehicle can be reliable with the kind of roads you have in nigeria,not even four wheel drives.The roads are car and life wreckers.They ground vehicles to eternal halt,no matter how careful the owners can be.

In a normal world,road users will be suing the government on a regular basis for the deplorable state and fatalities of nigerian roads.

True, It's very annoying when the cars/suvs start to rattle due to bad roads. Very common with Japanese cars cos of their weak suspension and road handling, It kills the pleasure in driving. That said, I would advise anyone that loves Mazda to go for a manual tranny. The auto tranny are problematic.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by DonCarlos1(m): 5:35am On Jun 08, 2012
I am very sure of the older models of mazda. I used a 626, 91 model bought 2002 and had to dash a younger brother just last year. It never broke down on the highway and I've the rivers of PH and the seas of Lagos with it and guess what, the a/c is still functional. However, newer models are not as reliable, the worst being the millenium series. Most important for any car is maintainace and learn to listen to ur car. All the best.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by emsquare(m): 9:38am On Jun 08, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Get ready for the GEAR PROBLEM

Serious!
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by Emperoh(m): 10:36am On Jun 08, 2012
DaRapture: Mazda is owned by Ford. All Mazda's from 2000 up are basically Fords with a twist to give them a unique look for Mazda brand.

Not any more dude. Ford's investment in Mazda as of today is not more than 3 percent.
They had as much as 33.4 percent controlling stake until 2010 when they sold it off as a result of restructuring after the global melt down
caught up with them.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by grandfada(m): 10:54am On Jun 08, 2012
Hmmmm! Dats quiet intresting.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by Azuist(m): 11:45am On Jun 08, 2012
I'm using a Mazda 626, 01 model which i bought in Feb, 2008. Twice had a problem with the auto gear box in 2009 and 2010 which i tiwce changed and in the course of this problem i came 2 realise it's a major problem with this model. The 2nd time i changed d GB, it didnt work nd i was forced to change it to a manual transmission, an advice I ignored when i first had the problem...I am glad to tell u that i hav solved the problem with the car, this is 2012 and it looks like the car still hav many more years.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by onyxo76(m): 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2012
been using a 626 95 model for over 4 years now, never had any issues except regular oil change and brake pads.fuel consumption is lovely. very reliable and rugged car. little wonder most transporters use the bus version for inter state travels.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by kenmaro: 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2012
Mazda is not owned by Ford. Ford and mazda only had a manufacturing joint venture agreement(comprising 12 auto manufacturers including Toyota and Mercedes) which has a factory(Auto Alliance Inc.) in Flat Rock, Michigan - USA, where all Mazda Mazda6 models are been manufactured and assembled except for the Mazda MazdaSpeed6 model that is manufactured in Japan and Mazda Tribute that is produced at Ford Motor Company’s plant in Kansas City, Missouri. You will find some components of fords' in these mazda models. Mazda cars are not as bad as some people do think. Reliability of a car all depends on the maintenance culture of the user/ owner. If u give good maintenance to ur car, then it will give u d best of its service. One thing with us, Nigerians, is that we are so much carried off by the thought of regular cars like Toyota and Honda that we miss out in the joyful ride/ experience of other car brands. Ask any little child or young starter in Niaja about his dream car he will tell you Honda or Toyota because those brands of cars are so common that they have become traditional names here in Nigeria. I tell you, even Honda and Toyota users do have one or two bitter experiences. No machine is predictable. It could fail at anytime if not properly taken care of. I think mazda cars are dependable and reliable. Presently, i use a 4cylinder 2007 mazda 6i model, though it's just 2 months old, but i tell u so far i am enjoying my ride in it. It has a beautiful interior and exterior, it has some extra features that are missing in some other brands of its class like honda and toyota, and it delivers like a 6cylinder car. Note; newer mazda models are not as cheap as some people think, it all depend on the source and the history of the car. The decision on the choice of a car all depends on what u want from the car, how u want the car be like, and why u like the car. Mazda is good!

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by charliemamen: 12:55am On Jun 16, 2012
op, the 1995 mazda is fantastic, i dont have any mechanic, jus change the oil as and when due....dont mind the overpriced japs like toyota...its all markrting strategy.....no diffs

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
nas 00: Excuse me, I've used a 626 (1990, manual, sometimes referred to as 'Capella').
Let me assure you that is the most rugged, reliable and efficient car I ever used.
Bought as Toks in 1999 by a family friend, who travelled constantly with it without any faults. Only periodic engine servicing. Transferred to me for a token in 2005 (I was in Uni then).
Ppl, I've never seen a car so balanced on the highway (car had 15"rims by d way), speed, steering/handling was great, suspension system top notch. I travelled a lot with d car and d car never disappointed for d four years it was my 1st choice car. Other road users driving all these big (relatively modern) cars often marveled at my dashing 626's abilities.
Only other thing I noticed was d clutch kit seemed to have a rather short lifespan, so I had to change mine at least once a year. Thankfully, d kit ain't expensive and it's easy to change.
Poster: I will advise u wholeheartedly to go for a Mazda. It should serve u VERY WELL, provided u are a good driver. If u can get a manual, I'd say u choose it in lieu of auto.
but when you bought your new honda accord, you didnt remember how faithful the mazda was abi?!!
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by Vincent580: 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
If u take care of ur car, ur car will take care of u. I was never a Mazda fan until I bought a 2008 Mazda6 6. When I first got it my wife was not interested in it, but I speak right now I have to beg her to drive it. If u want to buy a car, buy what u love and not what people say. I have friends who have used Toyota and it gave them a lot of problems and I have also use a Nissan and wished I never bought it. I have use my mazda6 for a year now and have never had any problems. I am even planning to ship it to Nigeria to use it there. I have called so many people and they told me that I can find the parts there. Body parts may be hard, but I have a people here in the US that can ship me any body parts I need. bottom line is, I will advice anyone to go for a Mazda any day and anytime. hope this helps!

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars? For A Frequent Traveller. by ustng: 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Pls my pp,wch one is masda es?.efrend brought it. Sss

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV Recalled Due To Dim Brake Lights / Innoson Stops 85% Production Due To PMB's Policies, May Join 2Baba Protest / You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.