Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active (2168 Views)

Five Nigerian Artistes That Promised Us The Grammy Awards / 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music / Top 10 Hottest Girlfriends Of Popular Musicians In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by Rendezvou: 9:37pm On Mar 12, 2015
Many of these artistes have at a period released albums with hit tracks that made top list on TV shows, radio, clubs, party jams and so on. During their active days, you hardly find their names missing on the list of performers at big shows. They were highly sought after and probably made some cool cash.

However, they now seem to have hibernated as they may have not worked on new albums for quite a while now. It is also possible that some of them may have bid music farewell and now doing great in their various chosen enterprises. Some may have turned to producers/directors et cetera, making them less popular on stage and on screen. Some may still be releasing albums but find difficulties in acceptability this time.

We can only presume when facts concerning their career as musicians are not at our disposal. But the truth remains that we have at a period enjoyed their music and we still love them and wish them well in their endeavours.

1. Daddy Shokey
2. Tony Oneweek
3. Awilo Logomba
4. Baba Fryo
5. Shina Peters
6. Dele Taiwo
7. Tony Tetula
8. Idris Abdulkareem
9. African China
10. Daddy Fresh
11. Lord of Ajasa
12. Olu Maintain
13. Faze
14. Wierd MC
15. Panam Percy Paul

Note: This post is only based on my observation

Pls add those you can remember and also share any information you are sure of about any of them.

1 Like

Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by Betanwa(m): 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2015
He he he....I still remember Faze singing "One day una go holla my name"....SMH. It ain't easy thou
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by santos876(m): 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2015
9ice and sky b
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by Maccoy1(m): 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2015
That's life for you
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 12, 2015
Very Wonderful list!!!

but I think faze should not really be there...

Wizzz:
I guess there's time for everything sad
But there should be no time for stupidity...
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by HaiIaintNoJoke: 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
based on your observation, nothing do you. but about 5 to 7 of them on your list dropped something last yr till date. is that inactive?
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by Wizzz: 10:52pm On Mar 12, 2015
I guess there's time for everything sad
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by enoqueen: 11:54pm On Mar 12, 2015
they came, they saw and they..........
can't really say for all of them though wink
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by Richiy(f): 5:51am On Mar 13, 2015
Betanwa:
He he he....I still remember Faze singing "One day una go holla my name"....SMH. It ain't easy thou

You just hollered his name grin

1 Like

Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by englishmart(m): 6:19am On Mar 13, 2015
wakacome:
Very Wonderful list!!!

but I think faze should not really be there...

lol. It's either you think faze is still active or he was never a nigerian musician
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by tyson99(m): 6:33am On Mar 13, 2015
Marvelous benji and mamuzee and black reverendoz wey sing ayangba grin

1 Like

Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by williamspaul22(m): 6:58am On Mar 13, 2015
Blackface nko? tongue

1 Like

Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 13, 2015
englishmart:
lol. It's either you think faze is still active or he was never a nigerian musician
He is still active...he dropped 3 new singles three months ago though he was not giving it massive promotion may be because he is a lil broke...grin
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by Betanwa(m): 8:45am On Mar 13, 2015
Richiy:

You just hollered his name grin

Yea, I probably did. I like the guy but he really needs to gv his fans sum tin to holla his name for
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 13, 2015
Eleyele, Atorise, Majek Fashek, Tonto Dike, Geneviv Nnaji...thinking...
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2015
WE NO HEAR OLU MAINTAIN, YAHOOZEY AGAIN O
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by lwise(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2015
Hazardous
Re: Popular Musicians/artistes That Are No Longer Active by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
Many years don waka....dem no dey carry go....all of dem waka....all of dem dey broke o!!! grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uh Oh! Nish Kards Says She NEVER Slept With Davido; Iceprince Gf Slams Her On IG / Dabota Lawson Slays In Dark Green Lipstick / Hushpuppi Shares Throwback Photos, To Prove He Indeed “started From The Bottom”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.