Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

What Oscar Movies Are You Watching? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Oscar Movies Are You Watching? (775 Views)

"My Little Son Watching Big Brother Naija" - Nigerian Woman Shares Photo / What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Anime Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Oscar Movies Are You Watching? by eeemily: 4:07am On Mar 13, 2015
I am watching Big Hero 6 (I love the lovely Baymax) and Guardians of the Galaxy (the music is great).

What are you guys watching now? I think that all Oscar movies deserve watching. I am going to find the Oscar movies of 2015 for enjoying.

Here is a full list of 2015 Oscar Winners and Nominees.

2 Likes

Re: What Oscar Movies Are You Watching? by sholay2011(m): 5:35am On Mar 13, 2015
I have watched these in last couple of days:

Birdman, Whiplash, Foxcatcher, Mockingjay Part 1, Top Five, Imitation Game.

My favourite was 'Birdman', the Best Picture winner. I love this movie and I've rewatched it at least 4 times already. It's a unique dark comedy and plays like a filmed stage drama. The performances are top notch and the ensemble work is admirable.

'Whiplash' is a close second. Very interesting movie...full of tension as the story of a young man that wants to be the best at drumming is pushed into the extremes by a psychopathic music director unfolds.

Foxcatcher is the 'darkest' of the movies. Feeling of tension and unease throughout the movie...and Steve Carrell did a solid job as the psychopathic Du Pont.
Re: What Oscar Movies Are You Watching? by eeemily: 10:28am On Mar 13, 2015
sholay2011:
I have watched these in last couple of days:

Birdman, Whiplash, Foxcatcher, Mockingjay Part 1, Top Five, Imitation Game.

My favourite was 'Birdman', the Best Picture winner. I love this movie and I've rewatched it at least 4 times already. It's a unique dark comedy and plays like a filmed stage drama. The performances are top notch and the ensemble work is admirable.

'Whiplash' is a close second. Very interesting movie...full of tension as the story of a young man that wants to be the best at drumming is pushed into the extremes by a psychopathic music director unfolds.

Foxcatcher is the 'darkest' of the movies. Feeling of tension and unease throughout the movie...and Steve Carrell did a solid job as the psychopathic Du Pont.

I have not yet watched Birdman. And, now i am going to watch it since many people recommend me watch it.

1 Like

Re: What Oscar Movies Are You Watching? by RiffRaff: 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2015
Birdman sucks to me.. I dont know why but i couldnt wait for the movie to end.. Not just my thing.

Big Hero 6: awesome cartoon, i enjoyed it so much.

Theory of everything: the story of steven hawkings and his ALS. I liked it so much cuz i am a steven hawkings fan.

I have seen most of the movies on the Nominee list and sum of the winners. Some are duh, some are actually pretty good.
But then the real interestin movies neva wins the Oscar.
Like "Gone Girl"
Re: What Oscar Movies Are You Watching? by sholay2011(m): 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2015
^^^^
Art is subjective.

And there are some movies that they're so deeply rooted in their 'themes/backdrops' (for example wrestling for Foxcatcher, baseball for Money ball, stageplay behind-the-scenes for Birdman) that if you're not connected with it, you either don't 'get' the film or you find it 'uninteresting'. Just like I didn't find 'The Imitation game' that interesting because I didn't get the backdrop of the movie and wasn't ready to connect with it.

Birdman is easily my favourite of 2014. I'm surprised such a crazy film won best picture at the Oscars. And it's the most rewatchable for me out of all I saw. You keep finding new things as you watch again and again. This is my personal ranking:

*Birdman
*Whiplash
*American Sniper
*Gone Girl
*Snowpiercer
*Foxcatcher
*Xmen: DOFP
*Guardians of the galaxy

I haven't watched 'Boyhood'.
Re: What Oscar Movies Are You Watching? by tosan200(m): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2015
I enjoyed watching birdman- it was a good movie,innaritu moving away from his conventional
tragic drama of 21 grams and amores perros.
The theme of a fading star wanting to find relevance and his quest for respect through a stage performance was really something. Micheal keaton and edward norton performance were good and also the cast performance. Innaritu was really deserving of the best director award.
Eddie reymane(lead actor in theory of everything) performance was really good and also made the movie standout.
Boyhood was just another hollywood family drama but the transition of the cast through the 13 years shoot of the film made it standout.
Whiplash was a good watch with th determination of its lead and the result of its obessession; j.k simmons was really good with his menacing performance- a teacher who pushes his student to their destruction.
I wished the female lead of gone girl won the award for beat actress, her performance was really terrifying. Julian moore was also good in still alice but I still go for the gone girl.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gotv, Dstv And Other Recharge Voucher PAYG / This Is Too Much For One Person! I Can't Deal! / Karva Chauth Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.