Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! (21208 Views)

Biafra: MASSOB Shuts Down Camps In Igboland Till Further Notice / A JEGA Must Go Protest Currently On Along Ikorodu Road Lagos / Jega-must-go Protest In Warri, Delta State [see Pictures] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by Macelliot(m): 2:50pm On Mar 13, 2015
Members of the pan-Biafran organisation, Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), Friday marched round major streets of Enugu calling for the removal of INEC’s chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega.

Displaying placards of various inscriptions, the pro-Biafrans, most of whom clad in navy blue uniform with the Biafran rising sun insignia assembled at Edinburgh Road, New Layout, from where they ‎trooped to the major streets of Enugu chanting solidarity songs.
Some of the placards read: “Jega must go”, “Jega has compromised”, “No election with Jega on seat”, “Jega is not impartial” etc.

They were led by their Enugu zonal chairmen, Mrs. Augustina Ugwuoke, Ben Ekwunugo and E. Ilogu in the peaceful protest march.

The MASSOB leader, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike in a telephone chat told our correspondent that ‎: “We organising the protest against Jega because he is biased and cannot conduct a credible election for Nigerians.
“We know that he is in favour of APC and if allowed to conduct the elections, he will definitely favour the party and when that happens, there will be crisis and people will die.

“The crisis will and can even lead to a war and we don’t want bloodshed.

“We are not hiding the fact that we are supporting Jonathan because of the burial he gave to our leader, Ojukwu and therefore we are sure that if the election is free and fair that Jonathan will win.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/massob-shuts-down-enugu-says-jega-must-go/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
Nigeria is gradually disintegrating and i like it.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
They should make sure no election holds in southeast grin

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by WisdomFlakes: 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
Segeggs:

I concur. They can do whatever they like, but they should restrict it to their enclave. cheesy

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by MrPeterson(m): 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
What are there reasons ?

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
This is a share of madness.
MASSOB is of Biafra, what business do they have in Nigeria, was it sponsored or in favour of the people in power?
Neither Police nor Military was seen obstructing their demonstration in most states that it was carried out today.
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
massob carrying placards? hungry set of unemployed urchins

71 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by GboyegaD(m): 3:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
They can continue to protest and on election day stay clear of polling booths. Those who want a better Nigeria will vote the candidate of their choice.

51 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by kestolove95(m): 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
Why are dix people so confuse?...shebi dem sae dem no b nigerians?...very useless people grin

58 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
Why are this people wasting their time?

FOOOOOLISH PEOPLE. What has MASSOB got to do with elections? grin grin
This movement isn't it supposed to be a movement for the actualization of BIAFRA! !!
WHEN HAS IT REGENERATED TO MOVEMENT FOR THE ACTUALIZATION OF JONATHAN AND ERADICATION OF JEGA? ?

Every group wants to relevant.

I will soon create a movement! !!

"THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF NDI ARA ENDORCED JONATHAN"WE have been roaming the streets for so long. Now unemployed graduates are threatening our population.

49 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
If dem like, make dem declare bifra, na demm go suffer casualties pas

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
SMH

What is all this about?

12 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by abila122: 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
Hw does this help Biafra

Graphic Photos: Fire At Mile 12 ‘Diesel Black Market’
SOURCE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/3897-graphic-photos-fire-at-mile-12-diesel-black-market
Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by omenka(m): 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
Where in Enugu did they "shut down"?? I ask because I know this motley crew of 10 men can't "shut down" Enugu. grin

I hope they eventually dive Jega an ultimatum as they always do.

Awon Ultimate Warriors.
Hahahahahahahha!!! grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by Maczeelly(m): 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
Massob kor Maslap niiiii..........Massob need CHANGE in their lifez....

21 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by LMAyedun(m): 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
How can Jega go few days to elections?

Jega must stay and GEJ must win!

GEJ till 2019

12 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by naijainfogalery: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
lol My Ibo brothers will do anything for money.

Nigerians dont protest except money is involved. trust me

35 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by freshness2020: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
My people are seriously angry...jega must be careful if not.. ....?
In fact I dey vex.....
Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by tmtech: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
Jokes.....
I beliv dis massob pple ar either chasing d wind or dia politicans ar not interested in dia movement... Cos since d inception of democracy in 1999, dey av had dia own govern dem and represent dem @ all levels of government, yet nothing much to show... If dey break away today, dis same politicians ar still gonna likely govern dem and in no tym dem might beg to be reabsorbed... I av a lot of dem as friends and dey always lament abt aw bad tins ar in the massob region... #Urpolicitianscarelessaboutyou.......

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by tiamiyukunle69(m): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
Who cares?

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by igbsam(m): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
see all these mad confused people

How much did GEJ pay you ?

And I thought dis guys are wise sha

Are they tired of their biafra protest ? The weed wey dem smoke don take another level enter them.

10 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by lolababe331e: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
They are carrying the flag of their Biafra country while telling us how Nigerian election must be conducted what a bunch of clowns grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by Pedagogue: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
President Jonathan and his wife, with due respect to them, are ready to do ANYTHING to win this year's election.

In the West, he has awarded millions (billions?) of Naira contract to OPC.
In the East, MASSOB are reported to have been given millions of Naira to support his re-election bid.
In the South/South, President GEJ has so much transformed the lives of Militants Tompolo, Boyloaf, Asari to the extent that they are strategically and financially positioned to fight our Army and Navy if GEJ does not win...
In the North, boko haram....I will keep MUTE for now.

Behind that 'righteous Christian image' that President Jonathan has, is a man that is very parochial and flagitious. If not, why will the President of Nigeria surround himself with OPC militants, Niger Delta Militants, Massob secessionists and Boko Haram alleged masterminds like the Ali Modu Sheriff, the former Governor of Borno State?

Let's not kid ourselves, GEJ's govt has really debased this country. A President that has people like Bode George, Buruji Kashamu (a drug trafficker that is wanted in the US), Alamieseigha (wanted in the UK), Tompolo and Tony Anenih as his close allies cannot move this country forward. The SSS, Police and the Army have been TRANSFORMED to PDP security outfits. I wept for Nigeria after listening to the Ekiti ELECTION RIGGING TAPE. Till today, the SSS has not deemed it fit to investigate the authenticity of the tape (which I know is not in doubt anyway). Unsurprisingly,the same Obanikoro that manipulated the Ekiti election has been made a Minister by the same "righteous GEJ!!!

Well, I'm happy that GEJ will be VOTED OUT on March 28.

Sai Buhari

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by omenka(m): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
Segeggs:
Jonathan would curse you if he sees this post. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by makzeze: 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
Who are MASSOB?

They should go and hug a transformer.

By the way, NIGERIA Sai BABA BUHARI!

14 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by apcmustwin(f): 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
Imagine if a northerner or APC member had said this

“there
will be crisis and people will die.
“The crisis will and can even lead to a
war and we don’t want bloodshed."

This silly nyamiris would have shouted foul. Smelly dirty set of misguided and delusional he goats. As if any tribe or region takes them serious. Mumu follow follow embittered low lifes.

Na small una see during civil war. Make una try make noise again and see how them go wipe all of una accursed families off d surface of Nigeria. Greedy bitter momfos.

21 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
What's with all this GEJA-JEGA wahala? Why do they want him gone, what did he do?

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by bigtt76(f): 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
I tot MASSOB don get their own countiri? Why are they still meddling our (Nigeria) domestic affairs naa? grin

16 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by cooljude(m): 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
Massob biko make na go find one place rest na head. Make i hear sey dem go shut down coal city, irrelevant group.

4 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
I thought they want to break away?

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Shuts Down Enugu, Says Jega Must Go! by NewGombawa: 3:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
He who asked for it, will definately get it..... BRING IT ON!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ado Doguwa Pays Solidarity Visit On Tinubu In Abuja, Says He Remains In APC / 10 Things Hindering Nigeria From Progressing / APC Governors Clash With National Chairman Over Convention’s Election Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.