Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria (61631 Views)

How To Apply For Transcript In University Of Lagos / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Sylverbox(m): 11:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
Op this post is so so timely for me. I had got 3 foreign university conditional offers, all waiting just for my transcript. I applied for the transcript exactly 3 months ago and unfortunately no longer stay in the same state where I schooled.
I missed the submission deadline for NDDC scholarship because of this too. Soi I decided to ravel back and see what really is holding my progress, lo and behold my application letter and receipt of payment had never even been touched, For 3 good MONTHS!!!!
I just called out one of the record staff and gave her 5k cash and another 5k for DHlL(wch I had already paid for), collected her phone number and left, my transcript was ready for typing the next day and in the next few days it was on the next flight to the UK.......Nigeria and Nigerians may never Change!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by wayodude(m): 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
Incompetence..
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Telvinsahpa: 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
I don't want tell my experience, though it was God........... If not hMmmmmmmmm
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
dohyn:

I called them some days back,I was put on hold for 30minutes..yesterday,I called again, was told all agents were busy and I should call back..called 2 hours later,they had closed for the day...lol
I have decided not to give myself Hbp over the matter..it will sort itself out.
WES can kill people indirectly. OMG I was in a bad mood for 3 months straight! When you call them, it takes about 45 mins B4 they pick up your call. Always have your reference number when calling.

You told them your deadline right? It will take a while for them to also send the evaluated copies to your school. They told me they sent mine on a particular day, it was days later before my school received it. Do your school know you are waiting for WES? They all know WES.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by wayodude(m): 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2015
LastProphet:

So u tink 8 months is long? My sister that read computer science from ATBU Bauchi took 1and half year which is normal there

Your sister is a great balewite...what year?
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
kai this contry worwor no be small....its in shambles and everyone likes it that way...all of you will soon travel outa of there because it is so full of shite
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 13, 2015
I thought it was only In my school.....na wooooo
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
I don't really knw dia problem in our universities with dis transcript issues.....I applied for mine 19 September 2014, despite d fact dt I ve someone in d school dt ws doing d follow-up for me, I ws able to get it on 05 march 2015. Dt ws almost 6months. I went to school dis February to go n see things myself, all I can say is dt dos in charge are VERY LAZY people...Imagine, my department sent it to student affairs october 2014, (a month after i applied for it).Wen I complained to d woman I met in one of d offices@student affairs, she showed me a place wea all d transcripts frm different departments are kept dt I sud find my own out of d place....My conclusion frm wot I experienced den, if u wnt ur transcript to b ready on time u av to go from one office to d oda sorting it out urself or someone doing dt 4u.....THOSE IN CHARGE ARE LAZY AND UNSERIOUS PEOPLE...SHIKENA!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Blackkie: 11:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
Some body somewhere wants to claim being a big shot.
So to say, cluenessless.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by donodion(m): 11:44pm On Mar 13, 2015
nollyj:
Getting your university result transcript can be a hell if you graduated from a university where you must follow undue protocols and bribe your way to get your transcript.

I remembered when I applied for a masters program abroad with a friend of mine who studied abroad. I contacted my university in Nigeria the same day as my friend but his transcript was in his mail box three days later. I took the intervention of other lecturers before I could get my transcript in 2 months.

I have met some other graduates who felt so bad that the university their graduated from will still treat them this way.

It will be hard for some people to understand this situation especially if you are from a private university or a university that works well administratively.

I have seen many Nigerians miss different opportunities abroad because of the failure of their home universities in Nigeria to forward their transcript to the required bodies.

Some time ago, I came across an online business service provider that deals on helping people to obtain their transcript from universities in Nigeria. Although I did not finally use their service because I heard many complaints from their customers who have paid without getting their transcripts many months later. Although there are others they where able to secure their transcript.

I will advice that if you need your transcript in Nigeria you should start processing it three months or more before the time you need it.

I will like to hear your experience in obtaining your transcript from your university especially when you are no longer living in the state where your university is located?

Is it better in your university after making the normal payment and sending application for your transcript?

source: http://toscanyacademy.com/blog/

So sad but true.I don't care attitude and greed for financial gratification makes it herculean task to obtain ones transcripts.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by butanep(m): 11:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
inibro:
I dont knw about ur sch OP, but Uniben where i went; I was able to get mine, one week after applying. Although i hve to drop an address where it should be sent to.
One problem with Uniben is that, they will refuse giving you your transcript by hand and the fees attached is just too outrageous...

Imagine 13k to send my transcript within Africa and 22k to Europe and about 25k to Asia. The amout is just on the high side... That is after paying normal 3500 to apply for the transcript oooo

Uniben just too demanding...
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by TruthisOut: 11:50pm On Mar 13, 2015
I got mine within 3 days from my University which is FUTO. I don't know the University you attended but let's try not paint our country black for no reason. I think you did not complete your clearance properly when you graduated. grin grin
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by onegig(m): 11:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Nigerians just feel one of the best way to make you know the value of anything is to make you suffer before getting it SMH

Maybe other Universities.

You get a student's copy as soon as you are graduating from Unilorin. Any alumnus can testify to that.

Also, it takes at most two weeks in most Universities now to get.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by VellyG(m): 12:00am On Mar 14, 2015
Majority of Nigerian universities don't seem to know the impact of IT in our educational sector. Visit the exams and records department in many federal schools u see papers littered all over the place and files pilling up and taking over office space when a unified database could perfectly handle this.
Its really sad because in the same school we have people who claim to be PhD holders and professors in computer science who would rather keep approving recycled projects for final yr students to make the job easier for them than give students more challenging topics to handle .
I spent roughly 24k to get my transcript sent on express delivery which took over two months to be processed. Federal universities needs serious cleansing

3 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 12:11am On Mar 14, 2015
koolet:
Boring topics everywhere.....
Boring indeed. You probably don't know what a "transcript" is.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by vodacom: 12:24am On Mar 14, 2015
TruthisOut:
I got mine within 3 days from my University which is FUTO. I don't know the University you attended but let's try not paint our country black for no reason. I think you did not complete your clearance properly when you graduated. grin grin
That you collected yours within 3days doesn't mean it is so everywhere in Naija. As a matter of fact, those SSANU and NASU staffs are not helping matters at all. If you follow due process, you might spend up to 6 months pursuing transcript that can be done within 2days. I appreciate the op for bringing this topic because it will go a long way to draw the attention of school authorities. I would appreciate if the names of those schools involved be mention here because who knows some of school's representative who aren't aware will draw the attention of management. That is the power of the media, it ought to be used to draw Government's attention to areas that they are needed and not bashing or carrying stories that doesn't add value to the society or common man. I am of the opinion that nairaland can play a major role if the moderators select topics that ought to be on front pages especially ones that can be debated thoroughly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by VonScott(m): 12:27am On Mar 14, 2015
One promising day, I'll just dress up and head to Minna with my sawn-off, then start blasting fuckers like piece of paper.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by vodacom: 12:27am On Mar 14, 2015
[quote author=TruthisOut post=31597158]I got mine within 3 days from my University which is FUTO. I don't know the University you attended but let's try not paint our country black for no reason. I think you did not complete your clearance properly when you graduated. grin grin[/quote
That you collected yours within 3days doesn't mean it is so everywhere in Naija. As a matter of fact, those SSANU and NASU staffs are not helping matters at all. If you follow due process, you might spend up to 6 months pursuing transcript that can be done within 2days. I appreciate the op for bringing this topic because it will go a long way to draw the attention of school authorities. I would appreciate if the names of those schools involved be mention here because who knows some of school's representative who aren't aware will draw the attention of management. That is the power of the media, it ought to be used to draw Government's attention to areas that they are needed and not bashing or carrying stories that doesn't add value to the society or common man. I am of the opinion that nairaland can play a major role if the moderators select topics that ought to be on front pages especially ones that can be debated thoroughly.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by inibro(m): 12:44am On Mar 14, 2015
butanep:
One problem with Uniben is that, they will refuse giving you your transcript by hand and the fees attached is just too outrageous...

Imagine 13k to send my transcript within Africa and 22k to Europe and about 25k to Asia. The amout is just on the high side... That is after paying normal 3500 to apply for the transcript oooo

Uniben just too demanding...

Anyway transcript is not supposed to be given to a student by hand except its written official student copy.

As for the high price of posting. Its just the monopoly of dhl. If we had the option of going for FedEx. It would had been way cheaper. I paid 3k to apply for transcript though
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by HOTWATER(m): 1:10am On Mar 14, 2015
TruthisOut:

Hmmmm, I applied for mine since August 8,2014. As I write ,none of the universities has received it . This is inspite of the fact that I have processed it before with so much bribe. Just to get two more copies and it is still pending 6months after . FUTO I hail thee. University of Technology my foot
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:51am On Mar 14, 2015
I went to a private university here in Nigeria. You can get your transcript within 30mins - 1hour without stress (cost btw 5k- 10k). They can even send it with DHL within three days on your behalf to anywhere in the world.

When I wanted to start my MSc in the U.K, the school got my transcript in 5 days and they verified it within 2 days. My school called me for permission to help the UK school verify my results

3 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by easystudy101: 2:15am On Mar 14, 2015
koolet:
Boring topics everywhere.....

Don't worry, you'll remember this topic when the time comes.

And by the way I think UNIPORT is the worst in this. It took me 4months to get mine
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Benfaco: 2:32am On Mar 14, 2015
I helped my cousin collect his. it took me like 3 weeks
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:21am On Mar 14, 2015
It takes 5years to get a degree cert in most universities undecided shame
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:23am On Mar 14, 2015
Sylverbox:
Op this post is so so timely for me. I had got 3 foreign university conditional offers, all waiting just for my transcript. I applied for the transcript exactly 3 months ago and unfortunately no longer stay in the same state where I schooled.
I missed the submission deadline for NDDC scholarship because of this too. Soi I decided to ravel back and see what really is holding my progress, lo and behold my application letter and receipt of payment had never even been touched, For 3 good MONTHS!!!!
I just called out one of the record staff and gave her 5k cash and another 5k for DHlL(wch I had already paid for), collected her phone number and left, my transcript was ready for typing the next day and in the next few days it was on the next flight to the UK.......Nigeria and Nigerians may never Change!!!!

I missed a golden opportunity for an MPH with zero tuition because my transcript never arrived

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 14, 2015
First application may be slow but subsequent applications are somehow faster.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 14, 2015
kaydguru:
I went to a private university here in Nigeria. You can get your transcript with 30mins - 1hour without stress. They can even send it with DHL within three days on your behalf to anywhere in the world.

When I wanted to start my MSc in the U.K, the school got my transcript in 5 days and they verified it within 2 days. My school called me for permission to help the UK school verify my results

That's how it should be
Here in the USA all you do is call or send an email to the person concerned and they send how ever many copies you request and to whatever address you want them to go
and you don't pay a dime either

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Herrmes: 3:35am On Mar 14, 2015
lastpage:
Apologies folks but we Nigerians are funny somehow!

We tend to "isolate" issues without realising that "Action we take/support, has a profound and connected effect in and on our lives".

In summary, it takes long to get this Transcript because most Universities did not COMPUTERIZE their EXAM RECORDS.... for a long time.
Once that is done, such Transcript are only a button away from Printing it or even Emailing a soft copy to your inbox.
Anything done manually will suffer same fate. SIMPLES!

But dont point too much fingers at the Universities/School.
Ask yourself: What is the purpose of having a Computer and its Database, when there is no light/Electricity to power it 24/7?

In countries where the citizens take their future seriously (by voting-in the right people, not based on sentiments or tribe or religion and being objective), each Lecturer records your scores into the central database, ....as he marks your scripts.
I have experienced it in the past, having taught in a foreign school in the West, in the past.

This Database is always on and always available...... a Lecturer can even access it via "secure tunnel", from home, to record scores
Printing Score Cards, generating CGPA's, Transcripts, e.t.c are done via small "automated" scripts.

The reason is that Electricity is CONSTANT and AVAILABLE!

So, in the case of our dear Nigeria, as long as we still POLITICIZE TRUTH, Vote based on Tribe and religion...... then we should not complain because "AS YOU LAY YOUR BED, SO YOU WILL LIE ON IT". undecided undecided

Lastpage!
Preach

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by greatestman(m): 4:33am On Mar 14, 2015
nollyj:
Getting your university result transcript can be a hell if you graduated from a university where you must follow undue protocols and bribe your way to get your transcript.

I remembered when I applied for a masters program abroad with a friend of mine who studied abroad. I contacted my university in Nigeria the same day as my friend but his transcript was in his mail box three days later. I took the intervention of other lecturers before I could get my transcript in 2 months.

I have met some other graduates who felt so bad that the university their graduated from will still treat them this way.

It will be hard for some people to understand this situation especially if you are from a private university or a university that works well administratively.

I have seen many Nigerians miss different opportunities abroad because of the failure of their home universities in Nigeria to forward their transcript to the required bodies.

Some time ago, I came across an online business service provider that deals on helping people to obtain their transcript from universities in Nigeria. Although I did not finally use their service because I heard many complaints from their customers who have paid without getting their transcripts many months later. Although there are others they where able to secure their transcript.

I will advice that if you need your transcript in Nigeria you should start processing it three months or more before the time you need it.

I will like to hear your experience in obtaining your transcript from your university especially when you are no longer living in the state where your university is located?

Is it better in your university after making the normal payment and sending application for your transcript?

source: http://toscanyacademy.com/blog/
Is not that difficult but you need wisdom, first of all immadiately after getting your statement of result. Just go to anybody you know that has his or company, or NGO or any government office that the person has influence. They should write letter to your school that, they need your transcript for purpose of employment and they should give them specific date they want it. Like in my school you will be required to pay the sum of #10,000 for transcript. A day before the deadline you should go and remind them. If your transcript reach to the organization you can collect it from that your friend, uncle etc scan it and photocopy it much. You are free from transcript wahala.
Sorry no time to edit
Note with this method you will get your transcript before going to service.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by VellyG(m): 4:44am On Mar 14, 2015
TruthisOut:
your not telling the truth .. Futo takes 3months to process transcript even with their so called online thingy. Just got mine few months back and I know how long it took to be processed .
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by VellyG(m): 4:48am On Mar 14, 2015
HOTWATER:

Hmmmm, I applied for mine since August 8,2014. As I write ,none of the universities has received it . This is inspite of the fact that I have processed it before with so much bribe. Just to get two more copies and it is still pending 6months after . FUTO I hail thee. University of Technology my foot
I spent 24 k just to put my transcript on a fast lane and it still took them two months to process .. FUTO's exams and record is fücked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams / Happie Boys Arrested In Cyprus, Remanded In Prison / JAMB Offices, Phone Number,address And Email In All 36 States Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.