Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,921 members, 7,802,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria (61611 Views)

How To Apply For Transcript In University Of Lagos / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by rocoh(m): 11:30am On Mar 14, 2015
VonScott:
One promising day, I'll just dress up and head to Minna with my sawn-off, then start blasting fuckers like piece of paper.

Minnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. To get transcript in Minnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Takes Special Divine Intervention

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Crixina(f): 11:39am On Mar 14, 2015
In the spirit of trying to obtain mine,let me tell you
Money(first first for school)
Money(bribe)for the office gods&goddesses
Patience(cos they will definitely procrastinate)
Did I mention money
Money
Money and more Money
Did I talk about the transport fare if you don't stay close to school
Then money for calls(cos at some point u will either get tired or run out of transport fare,so you need to get a number to call.

Remember the two keywords Money and Patience.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Crixina(f): 11:56am On Mar 14, 2015
stynhaq:
University of Uyo, you get your transcript ready within 12hours.
I'm sorry to say this,but this isn't true.just say you got yours within 12hours.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Akynzodeighbour(m): 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
Unilorin students will disagree with this, I finshed june, we did convocation october, which has been happening, you get your certificate in october alongside student transcript

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by fOFT: 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
I gradutaed from FUTA(Fed Univ of Tech. Akure), processing my transcript(student copy and copy sent abroad and Fed. Min of Edu) took less than a week.
Note: Someone processed it on my behalf. I just sent her the money, address,matric no and other details.
No bribe, nothing nothing
I think it depends on school.
My Lautech friend has been processing his own since December last year and he is yet to get any response.

nollyj:
Getting your university result transcript can be a hell if you graduated from a university where you must follow undue protocols and bribe your way to get your transcript.

I remembered when I applied for a masters program abroad with a friend of mine who studied abroad. I contacted my university in Nigeria the same day as my friend but his transcript was in his mail box three days later. I took the intervention of other lecturers before I could get my transcript in 2 months.

I have met some other graduates who felt so bad that the university their graduated from will still treat them this way.

It will be hard for some people to understand this situation especially if you are from a private university or a university that works well administratively.

I have seen many Nigerians miss different opportunities abroad because of the failure of their home universities in Nigeria to forward their transcript to the required bodies.

Some time ago, I came across an online business service provider that deals on helping people to obtain their transcript from universities in Nigeria. Although I did not finally use their service because I heard many complaints from their customers who have paid without getting their transcripts many months later. Although there are others they where able to secure their transcript.

I will advice that if you need your transcript in Nigeria you should start processing it three months or more before the time you need it.

I will like to hear your experience in obtaining your transcript from your university especially when you are no longer living in the state where your university is located?

Is it better in your university after making the normal payment and sending application for your transcript?

source: http://toscanyacademy.com/blog/
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
Abdulleeh:
It took me just 2 weeks to get mine from Unilorin. I don't know if 2 weeks is a long time.

The better by far university

2 Weeks? Mine took me about two months despite repeated visits to the faculty and the alumni office. It was such a frustrating experience. I guess the speed in unilorin depends on d faculty.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2015
Akynzodeighbour:
Unilorin students will disagree with this, I finshed june, we did convocation october, which has been happening, you get your certificate in october alongside student transcript

Maybe Unilorin just started this. When I graduated I did not get any transcript, only certificate and it took me over two hugely frustrating months to get my transcript when I finally applied for it. The excuse they kept giving me was that that's how it is when applying for the transcript for the first time and that my faculty also slows things down.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Abdulleeh: 2:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
adeaks:

2 Weeks? Mine took me about two months despite repeated visits to the faculty and the alumni office. It was such a frustrating experience. I guess the speed in unilorin depends on d faculty.

Yeah. You are right. Some faculties are just unserious.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Psittacus(m): 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
It hell getting transcript from ABU as well. I hav lost two admission opportunities bcuz of those crooks called Administrator. First one was sent after the admission was over, second one they hav no idea where it's hanging. Knowing dat i pay 10k for each of them is even more annoying, after i hav risked my life writing qualifying exams. That's what happen in a nation where square pegs are placed in round holes. People who can do the job are not employed cos of tribalism..it's quite pathetic.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Adol2016: 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
skullbaba:
If you are not ready to tip your way in this country bro/sis no road. Infact make u dey die like this dey no go look uche face. If you know one oga at the top you will surely get it in a week

You mean "bribe" not tip. A tip is a voluntary gift. In these cases, you dont bribe, you don't get it. shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by stynhaq(m): 4:57pm On Mar 14, 2015
Crixina:
I'm sorry to say this,but this isn't true.just say you got yours within 12hours.

Then you didn't follow the procedures. its relatively easy and you don't get to pay them tips.

just apply to the HOD of your former department and pay school their 5K you are good to go.

Well maybe they give Engineering preferential treatment but I doubt.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Edoblakky(m): 5:07pm On Mar 14, 2015
To get your transcript for the first time from Uniben is as easy as Nigeria winning the world cup. I started processing mine since last year November and it only got sent this year February and that is after sorting people to help facilitate it. When it was time for my HOD to give out my raw scores, he feigned being busy until I called him. When he heard that I work for an oil and gas firm, he plainly requested for monetary help but I just played along and when he released the scores, he has been the one calling while I'm feigning being over busy. I know a lady who didn't sort and for more than a year now, hers has not been processed. Nigerian universities and stress are synonymous!
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
this is an eye opener... i better start now

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by wayodude(m): 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2015
LastProphet:

'04

Oh nice, was '02....what's her name?
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by skullbaba: 8:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
Adol2016:

You mean "bribe" not tip. A tip is a voluntary gift. In these cases, you dont bribe, you don't get it. shocked
thanks. I want to 'eupheminise' bribe that why I use tip. Thanks for the correction
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by antontech(m): 10:12am On Mar 17, 2015
bloglover:

Please how many times is one allowed to apply for transcript? Is there restriction on it?
Unlimited
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by bloglover(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2015
antontech:

Unlimited

thanks
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Hermanie(m): 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
360command:
Here in Ghana, we get our transcript in 3 days...2 weeks at most.. If there is a delay, then the server must have caused the delay for them to access your result...

It beats my imagination to read various comments on such delay trying to access your transcript from the university in nigeria...

Africa must wake up abeg...

Please, which school did you attend in Ghana.
I want to know 4 serious reasons
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by 360command: 11:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hermanie:

Please, which school did you attend in Ghana.
I want to know 4 serious reasons
KNUST.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Hermanie(m): 1:55am On Apr 07, 2015
360command:
KNUST.

Please are you Nigerian/Ghanian ??
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by 360command: 10:40am On Apr 07, 2015
Hermanie:

Please are you Nigerian/Ghanian ??
for further chat,drop your email.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
Chars1289:
A school like Lautech, workers are so lazy. I wonder where they descend from atimes.I applied since oct 2014, till date transcript not ready still.So pathetic!!!

Mr yhu don't just sit after requesting 4 anytin in LAUTECH, it needd follow up. Wen I need mine 2 years back, I applied, followed it up and just within 3wks it waz ready. Yhu knoe most of our staffs are lazy so yhu will take d pain and do most of d work.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
Edoblakky:
To get your transcript for the first time from Uniben is as easy as Nigeria winning the world cup. I started processing mine since last year November and it only got sent this year February and that is after sorting people to help facilitate it. When it was time for my HOD to give out my raw scores, he feigned being busy until I called him. When he heard that I work for an oil and gas firm, he plainly requested for monetary help but I just played along and when he released the scores, he has been the one calling while I'm feigning being over busy. I know a lady who didn't sort and for more than a year now, hers has not been processed. Nigerian universities and stress are synonymous!
good pm,please assist me with info on uniben masters programme.i have to dig out this topic
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by solonazzy: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
CCsurplus007:
Not all schools. In FUTA it takes a week if you have never requested for your transcripts, It could be less though.If you have collected before it takes 3 days.
God bless u.... Hw much did dey rqst for
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by CCsurplus007(m): 9:03am On Sep 16, 2015
solonazzy:

God bless u.... Hw much did dey rqst for

3,000( sending + personal copy) when sending it local.
11,000( sending + personal copy) when sending it abroad.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by solonazzy: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2015
CCsurplus007:

3,000( sending + personal copy) when sending it local. 11,000( sending + personal copy) when sending it abroad.
Tnx so much....
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by kenlouis(m): 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
Please any idea whether transcripts are issued for professional courses in Unilag. I am applying to a foreign school and my Masters degree is a professional one from unilag (this time am applying for an academic masters).
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2016
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by osonsjay(m): 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
Handsomeemmy:
I requested for transcript from IMSU in December and it took almost eleven weeks before it was finally delivered to the school where I applied for my Masters, imagine, their first list is out and my name was not there because of the delay in sending transcript.
I paid 30,000 plus delivery money and I made use of this guys www.etx-ng.com though expensive but I know if I go by myself, the stress and sorting will be too much for me to bear.
bros please I need some information from you on that imsu level
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
osonsjay:

bros please I need some information from you on that imsu level

Alright!
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by osonsjay(m): 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2016
Handsomeemmy:

Alright!
please can I get your digits
I want to process a result certificate
so we can talk more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan's VC At Son's Convocation In US While UI Students Suffer / Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams / Happie Boys Arrested In Cyprus, Remanded In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.