Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Dont Let Your Visa Fees Become An Intervention Fund For Industralized Nations. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dont Let Your Visa Fees Become An Intervention Fund For Industralized Nations. (789 Views)

Difficulties Paying For 2years UK VISA Fees. / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / How Much Is Visa Fees To U.k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Let Your Visa Fees Become An Intervention Fund For Industralized Nations. by Thadude(m): 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2009
Going by the recent financial mess happening in the world economy especially in the USA and UK, i want to use this opportunity to inform Nigerians to know a fraud when they see one especially those performed by foreign embassies. There will be an urge to travel oversea going by the devaluation of the naira and the expectation of hardship in the coming few weeks. But the west are not stupid they cash in on such opportunity to milk funds from Africa because they know Africans naturally respond to fear. Nigerians should be smart enough to know that 90 percent of visa application will be denied in both the USA and UK embassies because the visa funds are in great need. Going by the way the foreign investors called back their funds in the stock market, that allowed for the burst of the bubble market should naturally tell a story of what we should expect this year from foreign embassies. Only student who meet all requirements could be advise to apply and by such students i'dont mean those who will submit an application and start fasting and praying. I mean those who self evaluate their application and know the visa is theirs for the taking, before they approach the embassy. One of the most important requirement for a student visa is attaining the right age, some people are deemed over aged by visa officer for student visa, but most applicants dont even know their age drew the red flag. I would even advise students to hold-on their application for now till 3rd or 4th quater of the year, while all visit visa applicants should cancel what ever plans they have to travel this year until last quater of the year or next year if possible. Besides a weak naira should inform that visa fees in naira will be higher, as well as cost of ticket and travelling allowances.
Re: Dont Let Your Visa Fees Become An Intervention Fund For Industralized Nations. by blackspade(m): 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2009
True talk.
Re: Dont Let Your Visa Fees Become An Intervention Fund For Industralized Nations. by dandollar1: 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2009
One of the most important requirement for a student visa is attaining the right age, some people are deemed over aged by visa officer for student visa, but most applicants dont even know their age drew the red flag.

@poster
Wat age cud be approiprate for a masters program, say in the USA?
Re: Dont Let Your Visa Fees Become An Intervention Fund For Industralized Nations. by Thadude(m): 10:10pm On Jan 16, 2009
The right age! would not apply to any one going for masters degree, however one requirement would be work experience to show that you have not been jobless since finishing ur first degree. The VO wont say, but he would check to see if you have any document that indicates your work history since leaving sch. Still, because of financial scam possibility on visa fees by foreign embassy, i would advise you to slow down till last quater of the year.
If we had a govt-for-the-people they would press those foreign embassies to evaluate applicants before accepting visa fees, and maybe charge an evaluation or administrative fees of 5% cost of total visa fee, for every applicants. This will help eradicate a big fraud by foreign embassies.
Re: Dont Let Your Visa Fees Become An Intervention Fund For Industralized Nations. by meetyommy: 11:59am On Feb 03, 2009
How about an adult who is in his 30s and intends to get Leverage from an oversea university, (europe)what do you have to say about that?
Re: Dont Let Your Visa Fees Become An Intervention Fund For Industralized Nations. by UNLEASHED(m): 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2009
blackspade:

True talk.

(1) (Reply)

E-pssport Issues: Plz I Need Your Input: / Does Anybody Know A Cheap And Good Hotel In Lagos / Tier 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.