Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars (56706 Views)

Toyota Unveils First Nigerian Toyota Vehicle Assembled In Lagos(photo) / Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. / PHOTOS: Popular Abu Made Car Being Towed with Another Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by attoskoly: 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
jimohibrahim:
cool...but the car no get shape at all...
and na one sitter?
pls we need improved innovation so that the world can watch out for us...not those cars that have been made in united states and Germany 1800

the car was built to specifications from shell. The weight must not exceed 225kg, one seater, 90% of the materials must be found locally. Locally here means Nigeria. It's meant for a competition.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by chronique(m): 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
I like innovation but this doesn't look attractive at all. I prefer the one made by Unilag students,a few years back(if not months). This one here is classless and lacks attraction.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by manny4life(m): 9:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
Okehjp:
ABU Zaria is not the first institution in Nigeria to produce a locally made car. The university of Benin. Benin City, is the first institution to produce a locally made car. Anyway qudos to Nigerian University we are getting there. Thumbs up

Getting there with this? Okay o.. Continue giving them false hope.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Harmvirus(f): 9:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
They tried sha

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Kizyte(m): 9:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
.... And they are happy they manufactured a car....
Are these cars or children toys?
Naija things dey always dey different.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by theSpark(m): 9:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
What's the innovation in this? Does it run on bio fuel or is it a hybrid car? If its just a car then this is not a big deal. They are just inventing the wheel again.

Kudos to the students sha. They are the first in the North to produce a car.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by nurey(m): 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
And you expect me to celebrate this mediocrity. A toy car that I bought for my niece is even better and well designed than this piece of crap, later someone will say transformation and that we are not good Nigerians. Also you call this starting from somewhere, just look at the shape, and I doubt if the engine was built from scratch.

(This is what I call rome was not built in a day), instead of wasting time and energy on piece of crap that will be discarded they could go into building components with quality that could be ordered by car makers carpets, quality paints, car seats etc.

Huawei didn't start making phone at a go, they provided telecommunication services on a small scale, then moved and expanded their infrastructure before expanding into making phones.

And one man will say he is a professor let him go abroad and see what his under paid non funded professors are doing abroad, they are busy ironing their leaders of tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by manny4life(m): 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
attoskoly:

the car was built to specifications from shell. The weight must not exceed 225kg, one seater, 90% of the materials must be found locally. Locally here means Nigeria. It's meant for a competition.

Shell gave specifications that a car must not exceed 225kg? Even a smart car weighs 3x that amount... Okay o.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
who else thinks this is bullshit ? & so backward, We shouldn't be here at all, celebrating this is celebrating mediocrity. we can do better

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
attoskoly:

so where are the other competitors?
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by banito1(m): 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
My Alma Mater. Naturally ahead. I guess Prof Aku is behind this. Engine boys no dey carry last. 06

3 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by COvo(m): 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
Even Ford's T model is a million times better than this.Credits to them that they made a 'car',but this is. Nonsense!
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by kheart(m): 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
hardbody:

Una sha no get shame. What da fvck is this? The toy is so classless. I hope you ediets will acknowledge the producers of the engine and other body parts that you assembled.

Plagiarism is an offence that can mar an institution. Be warned.

Motor car ko motor boat ni.

An abusite is naturally ahead of u, bad belle is allowed

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by maxit2(m): 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
This na nonsense abeg.. we don't fvcking need to build cars. We just need cheap n alternative energy.
Car experts can then come here and together we make cars that powers on our discovery.

This is not innovative. Not creative. This is just a piece of gabbage men. This is poo.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by dyabman(m): 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
Is that a car or just a moving object that looks toyish and childish . Good ideal but common I #canneverbuyit no girl will enter such car with any guy for whatever reason.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by slap1(m): 10:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
Haha
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Euckybaby(f): 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
NICE ONE

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by meccuno: 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
frankmishael1:
stupidd car, is this how China started?
that's was really harsh........you don't encourage people this way....
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by ChynoBEATS: 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ahmadabd:
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria break the record as being the first Nigerian university to produce home made cars.

OP where were you when Uniben students n the same shell built auto Tuketuke last year abi na wetin dem call dat small motor ......
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Sodiq3(m): 10:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
jimohibrahim:

so where are the other competitors?
Unilag, Uniben and ABU zaria are the Three universities representing Nigeria in the World competition at Netherland. The car was created in line with Shell specifications.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by godlyrichly(m): 10:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
This is the 21st century. Nigeria needs to wake up and comply. They say half a loaf of bread is better than none, but what if the half is spoilt?
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Ezedon(m): 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
Lols black man and their black mentality
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by JASOLUTION: 10:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
ABU wasn't the first University to execute such project in Nigeria!!!! Some of the 2008 graduates of Mechanical Engineering of Federal University of Technology Overview,FUTO executed the project. Whereby of locally manufactured cars were produced as a final year project. After then, the subsequent set improved on the pioneer project in FUTO.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by ABAKA72(m): 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
Nice one from great ABU, a new consciousness is evolving, I foresee a technological revolution in Nigeria in the nearest future. Its all about self belief.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by kraftsta(m): 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
WTF!

Is dis really d best we can offer?
I weep for Naija
Look @ how dey are glorifying demselves wt dis piece of shit..

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by Missy89(f): 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
Crap
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
Sodiq3:

Unilag, Uniben and ABU zaria are the Three universities representing Nigeria in the World competition at Netherland. The car was created in line with Shell specifications.

please i want you to answer this next question with all sincerity..what position do you think Nigeria will be in this competition?

after you answer that then you will understand what i meant in my first post.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by chucky234(m): 10:16pm On Mar 13, 2015
The fact Shell involved in building that crappy looking turtle they car makes it the more annoying and disappointing.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by chucky234(m): 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
jimohibrahim:

please i want you to answer this next question with all sincerity..what position do you think Nigeria will be in this competition?

after you answer that then you will understand what i meant in my first post.
That car will surely turn out an object of mockery in Netherlands, they don't merit any position.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by hardbody: 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
kheart:

An abusite is naturally ahead of u, bad belle is allowed

Abusite? Is that a botanical name for an african plant? We have not heard of that in China where i am studing for my doƧtorate in Agric economy.
Re: ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars by jamoscofield(m): 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
Realgana:
Which day I go be first to comment na?
you
be
m
u
m
u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Transforms Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (Photos) / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? / 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.