Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

My First Night At Wannune Camp..benue State! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My First Night At Wannune Camp..benue State! (1579 Views)

Corper From Benue Serving In Kano Dies (Photos) / My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. / See How Corps Members Get Water In Gwer West LGA, Benue State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Night At Wannune Camp..benue State! by Akorede612(m): 8:11am On Mar 14, 2015
OUR FIRST NIGHT...

Pulsating.... That is the Word..

For some of us.. The Journey was more of an adventure, for others... It was just a Nightmare! Like every oda nites...

The sun had jst given way to the moon and stars who are too shy to shine.

The crispy cold air(from the sahara) dat greeted us was just a signal that we r in "No man's Land".

Rugged lookin guys and clumsy looking ladies.

We arrived.. All smeared with the naivety dat comes with inxperienc.

Bags were slingin acros arms, while others drove behind deir owners.

11:00pm it was!.... We had just won d battle of the roads. For us(I nd odas wu traveld frm Ag(h)ege), the 16HOURS we spent enroute the lonely road was nt jst nauseating; but the fear of Ajibole's atackin us is an xperienc we wish we wud neva hav again.

Of cos, we hav heard the Tales....

The stories savoured by those wu were before us. The battle with Electric ants...
Harsh wheather...
The soldiers...
the female pest corpers...
And then the Maami's and deir luv for our money.

God be praised we are here now!
That wud nt mke our Morale 'low'.
The adventurous flavour of waking earlier dan usual...
Of dressing in khaki(school) uniforms...
Of the run to the parade ground at d yelling of the soldiers.( otondos!...double up double up... If u r walking u r wrong)...
and the camaraderie that accompaniess the platoon competition

These thoughts filled our relieved hearts...but tired legs...as we crawled gently to our blocks(barracks) wit our tattered matreses.
It can onli get better... After'al its our first Nite!

#Jez to gv u fresh otondos goin tu d far north a bit of wat to xpect on ur Fest nyt!....#

all in all.. Its my best experienc in life! .... i gess Yakubu Gowon desavs lots of kudos for dz. No govt policy has survived d test of tym.!
Re: My First Night At Wannune Camp..benue State! by Slimzjoe(m): 8:14am On Mar 14, 2015
Re: My First Night At Wannune Camp..benue State! by Ojestas(m): 8:40am On Mar 14, 2015
The hype about camping and the first night ish!! I v heard and read enough.
Re: My First Night At Wannune Camp..benue State! by NeduLuiZ(m): 8:57am On Mar 14, 2015
Wanune is in benue and how the fvck did benue become far north
Re: My First Night At Wannune Camp..benue State! by Young03(m): 9:16am On Mar 14, 2015
if na ds kind tin una learn nw..abeg withdraw am
Re: My First Night At Wannune Camp..benue State! by olalekan91(m): 6:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
This year camp batch B stream 11 2016, was nothing to write home about with the Camp Commandant who will drill you because you're breathing, been an OBS member was like thug of war, how will you manage the studio and the hills towards the parade ground, this writer is from Tarka Local Government Wannune, where the common slang in my time was, "you dey hustle for Makurdi" the state capital

(1) (Reply)

NYSC 2014 Batch 'B' POP Date Announced / Photo: Youth Corper Proudly Shows Off His Mum Who Sells Fish / NYSC 2019 Batch B Official Mobilization Timetable Is Out - UPDATED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.