Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,380 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid (4105 Views)

Difference Between Shia And Sunni Salat (namaz) / An Article That shows that we must always have in-depth knowledge of the Deen... / Important Reminder In Our Daily Life And Deen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by Deen4me(m): 11:55am On Mar 14, 2015
Very Informative

Over to you folks !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csn-lTlZUvM
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2015
Deen4me:
Very Informative

Over to you folks !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csn-lTlZUvM

The following were deduced from the above talk-show:
* The sheik starts with the definition and characteristics of Shia:

1. He says: "Shi'a is align with the Ahlulbayt while having animosity and hatred for the companions"

* The Rawafid or Rafida: Rejection of Abu Bakr et al.

* Accusing ALL the companions (except 7) of hypocrisy or total disbelief.

2. Attributing Divinity to the Ahlulbayt
* Knowledge of the unseen (Ghayb) and shafa'a (intercession).

3. Ithna Ashariyyah (Twelvers): Believing in 12 Imams of whom the last is Muhammad Ibn Hassan al-Askari, who is "hiding" in a cellar in Iraq.

* Lastly, he argued the Shi'a's interpretations of Islam is through "their Imams" while the Sunni's interpretations is through the "Sunnah of the prophet" as reported by the companions and documented by the Sahih and Musnads among many other books.

ISSUE OF KHILAFAH
The sheik made following arguments with "answers":

1. He ask: Did the Prophet named anyone to succeed him? He emphatically answered "NO".
* He confidently argued there's no evidence to support Shi'a's claim that 'Ali was ever appointed. He faulted Hadith Ghadir Khum.

2. He narrated an Athar where 'Ali was asked if the Prophet ever appointed him as Khalifah after him, and 'Ali was allegedly reported to have said "I would have fought them (Abu Bakr, Umar et al) had the prophet appointed him and they betrayed him"

3. The Sheik claimed 'Ali never objected the 1st three Khalifah. That he gave them the oath of allegiance.

4. The Sheik claimed Abu Bakr was indirectly appointed by the Prophet (while he was sick in his last days) when he asked him to lead the Prayer.

5. The Sheik reasoned or rather claimed all Shi'a beliefs and arguments were formulated by a man, a hypocrites who converted from Judaism to Islam, by the name of Abdullah Ibn Saba

6. The Sheik talks about Ashura (10th of Muharram). He condemned those piercing their body with knives publicly in the name of grieving for Hussain. He said the true belief of Ashura is when the Prophet met the Jews and saw them fasting. He asked why they were fasting and the Jews said because 'today (Ashura)' is a day Allah saved Musa and the Bani Israil from Fir'aun. Then, Prophet said Musa is closer to me than you; thereby he asked the Muslims to fast.

Those are the main arguments of the Sheik. In sha Allah, I intend to make a respond to each of these allegation and misrepresentation in an enlighten, academic, concise and evidence-based reply. I sincerely hope whoever is interested to refute, reply or contribute will do the same without insulting, inciting hatred, calling names or making weird allegation with no verifications.
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 8:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
AlBaqir:

The following were deduced from the above talk-show:

* The sheik starts with the definition and characteristics of Shia:

1. He says: "Shi'a is align with the Ahlulbayt while having animosity and hatred for the companions"

* The Rawafid or Rafida: Rejection of Abu Bakr et al.

* Accusing ALL the companions (except 7) of hypocrisy or total disbelief.

One of Sunni heavyweight Imam, Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalani (d. 852H) invented the following definitions from which I guess this same Sheik got his definition:

"Shi'ism is love of 'Ali and the placing of him over the sahabah (except Abu Bakr and 'Umar only). Whoever places him above Abu Bakr and 'Umar, such is an extremist in his Shi'ism, and he is called a Rafidi. If he does not (place 'Ali over Abu Bakr and Umar), then he is only a Shi'i. If he added to that (i.e preference of 'Ali over Abu Bakr and 'Umar) abuse, cursing or open hatred (of Abu Bakr and 'Umar), he is then an extreme in Rafd. If he believes in Raj'ah into this world, then he is severe in (Rafidi) extremism."
{Hadi al-Sari Muqaddimah Fath al-Bari, page 460}

Imam al-Dhahabi (d. 748H) add more fuel:
"Bid'ah has two types:
The minor Bid'ah: like extreme Shi'ism, or like moderate Shi'ism for this was widespread among the Tabi'in and their followers, despite their devotion, piety and truthfulness. If the ahadith of these people were rejected, part of teachings of the Prophet would be lost, and that would be a clear evil.

Then the major bid'ah: like complete rafd and extremism in it."

This 'weird definition' produced a kind of horrible unintended consequences. Going by this Sunni scary definitions, there were prominent Sahaba that matched the description. For example, Imam Ibn 'Abd al-Barr (d. 463H) identifies some of these Rafidi Sahabah:

"Salman, Abu Dharr, al-Miqdad, Khabab, Jabir, Abu Sa'id al-Khudri and Zayd b. Arqam narrated that 'Ali b. Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, was the first to accept Islam, and they considered him the most superior (among the Sahabah)."
{Al-Isti'ab fi Ma'rifat al-Ashab, vol. 3, p. 1090, # 1855}

These Sahaba considered 'Ali as Superior to Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman! This makes, according to Sunni's definition, their Bid'ah of Major type, and of complete Rafidis.

Another prominent Sahabi was Abu al-Tufayl (RA). Imam al-Dhahabi writes about him:
"The name of Abu al-Tufayl was 'Amir b. Wathilah b. 'Abd Allah b. 'Amr al-Laythi al-Kanani al-Hijazi, the Shi'i. He was from the Shi'ah of Imam 'Ali."
{Siyar A'lam al-Nubala, vol. 3, p. 468, #97}

Imam Ibn 'Abd al-Barr adds:
"He was a Shi'i of 'Ali and considered him the most superior. He used to extol the two Shayks, Abu Bakr and 'Umar, and would ask for Allah's mercy upon 'Uthman."
{Al-Isti'ab fi Ma'rifat al-Ashab, vol. 4, p. 1697, #3054}

Al-Hafiz explains the words of Ibn 'Abd al-Barr above:
"Abu 'Umar said: He accepted the merit of Abu Bakr and Umar but he considered 'Ali to be the most superior."
{Al-Isabah fi Tamyiz al-sahabah, vol. 7, p. 193, #10166}

This is the implication of Sunni's definition and description of Shi'a. I hope Sunni Imams can live with these consequence while many Sahaba fit perfectly the description and unintentionally condemned as Rafid for giving 'Ali superiority over others.

WHAT DOES QUR'AN SAYS?
While I partly agreed with Imam al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani in defining Shi'a as "Love of 'Ali and his preference over others (sahabah)", it is interesting that Qur'an made the ruling of the Superiority of not only 'Ali but ALL the Ahl al-Bayt of Muhammad over the worlds:

"Verily, Allah chose Adam, Nuh, the family of Ibrahim and the family of Imran above the worlds. Offspring, one of the other, and Allah is the All-Hearing, All-Knowing."
{Al-Imran: 33- 34}

Imam al-Bukhari (d. 256H) records the Tafsir of this ayah:
"{Verily, Allah chose Adam, Nuh, the family of Ibrahim and the family of Imran above the worlds... Allah provides sustenance to whom He wills, without limit.} Ibn Abbas said: "{and the family of Imran} They are the believers from the family of Ibrahim, the family of 'Imran, the family of Yasin AND THE FAMILY OF MUHAMMAD, peace be upon him. He (Allah) says: {Verily, the most entitled to Ibrahim are those who followed him} They are the believers."
{Al-Jami al-Sahih al-Mukhtasar (Dar Ibn Kathir; 3rd edition, 1407H) vol. 3, p. 1263}

Likewise on the same verse,
"Al-Tabari and Ibn Abi Hatim record with their Hasan chain from Ali b. Abi Talhah from Ibn Abbas that he said, "They are the believers from the family of Ibrahim, the family of Imran, the family of Yasin AND THE FAMILY OF MUHAMMAD...."
{Mawsu'at al-Sahih al-Masbur min al-Tafsir al-Mathur (Madinah: Dar al-Mathar, 1st edition, 1420H), vol. 1, p. 411}

WHAT THE HOLY PROPHET COMMANDED?
Imam al-Bukhari records :
Ka'b b. 'Ujrah...said, "We asked the messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, and said, "O Messenger of Allah! What is the manner of the salat upon you, Ahl al-bayt, for Allah has taught us how to send salam unto you (Ahl al-bayt)? He replied, 'Say: 'O Allah! Send salat upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, in exactly the same manner as You sent salat upon Ibrahim and upon the family of Ibrahim. You are the Most Praiseworthy, the Most Glorious. O Allah! Bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, in exactly the same manner as You blessed Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim. You are the Most Praiseworthy, the Most Glorious."
{Al-bukhari, Al-Jami Sahih al-Mukhtasar, vol.3 p. 1233, hadith no. 3190}

One of the many exceptional blessings Allah confer upon Prophet Ibrahim was the selection and choosing of his offspring over the worlds as highlighted earlier (surah al-Imran:33). It is in this vein that the holy Prophet commanded ALL sahaba and the Ummah in the hadith salat quoted above^.

So just like Allah chose and prefer the 'Ahli (progeny) of Ibrahim over ALL the worlds, so also is the Ahli (progeny) of Muhammad preferred and chose over ALL the worlds. Were Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman ever part of Ahli Ibrahim or Ahli Muhammad?!

To be SHI'A is to love and chose 'Ali and the rest of Ahl al-Bayt (household) of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his progeny) over mankind as stated by Allah and His Prophet.

SHI'A DO NOT HATE THE "COMPANIONS"
The slogan "Shi'a hate and curse the Sahabahs" is the common ploy used by many to defame what Shi'ism is all about and to incite deepest hatred of Shi'ism.
Interestingly, the Ahl al-Bayt whom Shi'a held in high esteem were also among the Sahaba. Many of their loyalists like Salman, Miqdad, Abu Dharr, et al (see Ibn Abd Barr's list above) among others were also sahaba celebrated by Shi'ah. So how is it then sensible to say Shi'a hate and curse the (ALL) Sahabah?

The Shi'a position about the Sahabah is the exact clarification made by holy Qur'an concerning them (the Sahabah) where Allah Himself revealed that:

1. Some sahabah are righteous, dedicated, excellent, selfless who have occupied one of the highest station before their Lord. For example, Qur'an reveals about them:
"And the first forerunners [in the faith] from among the Muhajireen and the Ansar and those who followed them with good conduct - Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Him, and He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever. That is the great attainment."{Surat At-Tawbah: 100}

2. Some are Munafiq (Hypocrites) which are even sub-divided into:
(a) Those that are open and stubborn in their hypocrisy, and
(b) Those that are hidden in their hypocrisy which even the Prophet knows them not.

Qur'an reveals:
"And among those around you of the bedouins are hypocrites, and [also] from the people of Madinah. They have become accustomed to hypocrisy. You, [O Muhammad], do not know them, [but] We know them. We will punish them twice [in this world]; then they will be returned to a great punishment."{Surat At-Tawbah: 101}

Among these hypocrites sahabah are those who plotted to assassinated the Prophet on his way back from the battle of Tabuk. Among these hypocrites are also those who accused the Prophet of "raving madness" and prevented him from writing the document of guidance of this Ummah, on his sick-bed which eventually led to his death! Among many evidence-based henious and unrepented crimes many of them committed.

A whole chapter of the holy Quran, surah al-Munafiq (the Hypocrites) was revealed and named after them.

These are the sahabah hated by Shi'ah NEVER the steadfast. It is a great sin to hate those loved by Allah and His Prophet. And we respect the Sunni's love and affection for these Munafiq and Believers ALTOGETHER.

Prophet however put the final blow. Imam Bukhari in his Sahih documented this hadith of Ibn Abbas:
'The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "You will be resurrected bare-footed, naked and uncircumcised." Then he recited:{As We began the first creation, We shall repeat it: a promise We have undertaken. Truly, We shall do it} [21:104]. He continued: "The first to be dressed will be Ibrahim. Then, some of my SAHABAH will be taken towards the Right side AND TOWARDS THE LEFT SIDE. So, I will say: 'My Sahabah! It will be said, 'THEY HAD BEEN APOSTATES SINCE YOU LEFT THEM.' I will then say as the Righteous servant, 'Isa b. Maryam, said: {And I was a witness over them whilst I lived amongst them. But, when You caused me to die, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, You, only You, are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise} [5:117-118]' {Sahih al-Bukhari vol. 3 p. 1271, #3263}

This hadith ends with the following:
'Muhammad b. Yusuf narrated from Abu 'Abd Allah that Qubaysah said: "They were those who apostatized during the time of Abu Bakar. So Abu Bakar, may Allah be pleased with him, fought them."

Really that was personal claim of Qubaysah. The holy prophet's wording are too explicit in the categories his sahabas will be divided. And those whom Abu Bakar fought were not even inhabitant of Medina who used to keep the holy prophet's company. The specifications of the deviators were so glaring that:

Anas b. Malik reports that
"The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "Some persons from amongst those who kept me company will meet me at the Lake-fount. I will see them, and they will be presented to me. Then, they will be forced away from me. [b]I will say: 'O my Lord, my Sahabah! My Sahabah.' It will be said to me: 'You do not know what they INNOVATED after you.'"
{Sahih Muslim, vol. 4, p. 1800, #2304 (40)}

You can read more on this subject here:
www.nairaland.com/1903995/religious-authority-sistani-condemns-cursing
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2015
AlBaqir:

2. Attributing Divinity to the Ahlulbayt
* Knowledge of the unseen (Ghayb) and shafa'a (intercession).

The Sheik was able to mention two examples viz: "Knowledge of the Unseen and Power of Intercession"

On Shafa'a (intercession) and ilm Ghayb (knowledge of the unseen), Allah says in one of many verses of the holy Qur'an:"...To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills..."
{Ayat al-Qur'siyy}

The onus lies with this Sheik (or any other who shares the same tales) to provide reliable evidence where the Imams of the Shi'ah, from the 1st Imam, 'Ali ibn Abi Talib (as) to the last Imam Imam, al-Mahdi (as), EVER claimed that "their knowledge whether of the unseen (Ghayb) or others" is independent?!

The knowledge and the intercession of the Imam is of what "Allah permitted and wills".
Qur'an encompass ALL kNOWLEDGE as Allah says in the holy Qur'an that NOTHING is left unmentioned in it.

The FIRST to have ever made the daunting and mesmerizing statement of Knowledge of "all thing" was the holy Prophet himself (peace be upon him and his household).

Imam Muslim (d. 261H) records narrated by Anas Ibn Malik: "The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, came out when the sun had passed the meridian, and led them in Salat al-Zuhr. When he said the salam, he stood upon the pulpit, and mentioned the Hour, and mentioned great affairs that would occur before it. Then he said, "Whosoever wishes to ask me about ANYTHING, let him ask me. I swear by Allah, you will not ask me about ANYTHING except that I will inform you of it as long as I remain in this position of mine." So, the people wept a lot when they heard that from the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him. Then the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, repeatedly said "Ask me!" several times..." {Sahih Muslim, vol. 4, p. 1832, #2359 (136)}

Imam Ahmad (d. 241H) also records, narrated by Anas:
"The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, "You will not ask me about ANYTHING (that will occur) up till the Day of Resurrection except that I will tell you."...
{Musnad, [annotator: Shuaib al-Arnaut], vol. 3, p. 107, #12063}

Shayk Shua'ib al-Arnaut comments: Its chain is Sahih upon the standard of the two shaykhs (Bukhari and Muslim).

IMAM 'ALI'S CLAIM
Imam Ahmad documents this athar:
'Abd Allah (b. Ahmad b. Hanbal) - 'Uthman b. Abi Shaybah - Sufyan - Yahya b. Sa'id - Sa'id:

"There was NEVER anyone among the Sahabah of the Prophet, peace be upon him, who used to say "Ask me!" except 'Ali b. Abi Talib."

{Fadail al-Sahabah (Beirut: Muasassat al-Risalah; 1st edition, 1403H) [annotator: Dr. Wasiyullah Muhammad 'Abbas], vol. 2, p. 646, # 1098}

Dr. Abbas comments: Its chain is Sahih.

HADITH SALUNI (ASK ME!)
Imam al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir (d. 774H) documents:
"Shu'bah b. al-Hajjaj, from Simak, from Khalid b. 'Ar'arah that he heard 'Ali, and Shu'bah again narrated from al-Qasim b. Abi Barrah from Abu al-Tufayl that he heard 'Ali, and it also authentically transmitted through many chains that Amir al-Muminin 'Ali b. Abi Talib climbed the pulpit of Kufah and said, "You will not ask me about ANY verse in the Book of Allah, or about ANY sunah from the Messenger of Allah, except that I will inform you of that." {Tafsir al-Qur'an al-Azim, vol. 7, p. 413}

Imam al-Hakim (d. 403H) also records:
Abu al-Hasan 'Ali b. Muhammad b. 'Uqbah - al-Hasan b. Ali b. 'Affan - Muhammad b. 'Ubayd al-Tanafasi - Bassam b. Abd al-Rahman al-Sayarfi - Abu al-Tufayl:

"I saw Amir al-Muminin 'Ali b. Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, saying on the pulpit, "Ask me before you are no longer able to ask me, and you will never be able to ask anyone like me after me."

Al-Hakim comments: A hadith with a Sahih chain.

Al-Dhahabi (d. 748H) also comments: Sahih
{Al-Mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihayn, vol. 2, p. 506, #3736}

Imam Ibn Jarir al-Tabari (d. 310H) further documents: Ibn al-Muthanna - Muhammad b. Ja'far - Shu'bah - al-Qasim b. Abi Bazzah - Abu al-Tufayl:

I heard 'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, saying, "You will not ask me about ANY articulate Book or ANY bygone Sunnah, except that I will tell you."...
{Jami al-Bayan fi Tawil al-Qur'an, vol. 26, p. 240}

NB: This same sanad (chain) above is relied upon by Imam Muslim in his Sahih (e.g Sahih Muslim, vol. 3, p. 1567, #1978 (45))

As explain earlier, another grand blessings confer upon the Ahli (family) of Ibrahim is explains in the Qur'an: "...We have granted the Book and the Hikmah (authority) to the family of Ibrahim, and We gave them a great kingdom." {Surah Nisa: 54}

"And indeed, We gave the offspring of Israil [b]the Book, and Hikmah (authority) and prophethood
, and We provided them with good things, AND WE MADE THEM SUPERIOR ABOVE THE WORLDS. {Quran 45: 16}

In the same vein, the holy Prophet commanded his Ummah in the hadith Salat recorded by Imam al-Bukhari and others :
...O Allah! Bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, in exactly the same manner as You blessed Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim. ..." {Al-bukhari, Al-Jami Sahih al-Mukhtasar, vol.3 p. 1233, hadith no. 3190}

Only the Ahl al-Bayt (household) of the Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) can make the claim of having "ALL KNOWLEDGE" which stems from the will and permission of Allah.
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
AlBaqir:

3. Ithna Ashariyyah (Twelvers): Believing in 12 Imams of whom the last is Muhammad Ibn Hassan al-Askari, who is "hiding" in a cellar in Iraq.

Part of Shi'a beliefs is believing in the Twelve Imams as the successor (Khalifah) of the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household). This belief is stem from the hadith of the Prophet.

1. Imam Ahmad records:
'Abd Allah - Shurayh b. Yunus - 'Umar b. 'Ubayd - Simak b. Harb - Jabir b. Samurah:

I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, saying, "THERE WILL BE AFTER ME TWELVE AMIRS". Then he said something which I did not hear clearly. So I asked the one next to me, and he said, "All of them will be from Quraysh."

Sheik al-Arnaut comments: It is a Sahih hadith, and this chain is hasan due to Simak. {Musnad, vol. 5, p. 99, #20978}

2. Imam al-Tirmidhi (d. 279H) also records the same hadith and declared it "Hasan Sahih". And Sheik Nasir deen al-Albani also declares it "Sahih".
{Al-Jami al-Sahih Sunan al-Tirmidhi [annotator: Muhammad Nasir deen al-Albani], vol. 4, P. 501, #2223.

3. Imam Ahmad further records:
'Abd Allah (b. Ahmad) - my father (Ahmad b. Hanbal) - Mumal b. Ismail - Hamad b. Salmah - Dawud b. Hind - al-Shu'bi - Jabir b. Samurah:

I heard the Prophet, peace be upon him, saying: "There will be FOR this Ummah TWELVE KHALIFAHS".

Sheik al-Arnaut says: It is a Sahih hadith
{Musnad, vol. 5, p. 106, #21051}

The wording in vol. 5, p. 92, #20890 reads:
Jabir b. Samurah:
I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, saying, "THERE WILL BE AFTER ME TWELVE KHALIFAHS, all of them from Quraysh""

*Imam Muslim and al-Bukhari also recorded this hadith.

The holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) narrowed the selection of these 12 Khalifahs down from what might seems "from the entire clans of Quraysh" to his offspring exclusively:

Imam Abi 'Asim (d. 287H) records:
Abu Bakr - 'Amr b. Sa'd Abu Dawud al-Hafri - Sharik - al-Rakin - al-Qasim b. Hisan - Zayd b. Thabit:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said, "I AM LEAVING BEHIND AMONG YOU the Two Khalifahs after me: The Book of Allah and my offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt. Both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the Lake-font."

'Allamah al-Albani declares: It is a Sahih hadith.
{Kitab al-Sunnah (al-Maktab al-Islami; 1st edition, 1400H) [annotator: Muhammad Nasir deen al-Albani], vol. 2, p. 350 - 351, #754}

Imam Ahmad too records, narrated by Zayd b. Thabit:
"The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said, "I AM LEAVING BEHIND AMONG YOU two Khalifahs: the Book of Allah - a rope stretching between the heaven and the earth or from the heaven to the earth - and my offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt. Both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the lake-font"

Shayk al-Arnaut comment: The hadith is Sahih through its shawahid (witnesses)..."
{Musnad (Cairo: Muasassat Qurtubah) [annotator: Shu'ayb al-Arnaut], vol. 5, p. 181, #21618}

Again, part of the blessings Allah confer upon the Ahli (family) of Ibrahim (as explain earlier) was choosing them as Imam (vis-a-vis Khalifah) over Mankind. This is exactly one of what the holy Prophet requested in Hadith Salat as explain earlier.

VERSE OF AL-IMAMAH
"And when Ibrahim was tried by his Lord with some statements, and he fulfilled them, He said, 'I will appoint you an IMAM of mankind.' He (Ibrahim) asked, 'And of my offspring?'. He (Allah) replied, 'My Covenant shall not reach the wrongdoers" {Quran 2:124}

Ibn Kathir comments:
"...When he fulfilled the huge obligations which his Lord commanded him with, he appointed him the Imam of mankind, whom they must follow, and whose guidance they must copy. He requested Allah that this Imamah be connected with his lineage, and be uninterrupted within his offspring, and be perpetual forever among his offspring. So, what he asked WAS GRANTED, and he was granted full authority of Imamah, and the wrong-doers were excluded from its reach and it was made exclusive to the righteous scholars among his offspring." {Abu al-Fida Ismail ibn Kathir, 'Qisas al-Anbiya', vol. 1 p. 232; 'al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah', vol. 1 p. 191.}

Imams Are From The Ahl al-Bayt
Sunni Imam, Abu Ya'la (d. 307H) records:
...Anas reported: "The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: 'The Imams are from Quraysh"
{Abu Ya'la Ahmad b. Ali b. Muthana al-Mawsili al-Tamimi, 'Musnad vol. 6 p. 321}

The annotator (of the Musnad), Dr. Husayn Salim Asad says: "Its chain is sahih."

Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani (d. 852H) declares:
"The hadith 'The Imams are from Quraysh' is recorded by al-Nasai from Anas, and al-Tabarani narrated it in al-Du'a, and al-Bazzar and al-Bayhaqi also narrated it, through several chains, from Anas. I say: I gathered its chains in a separate volume from forty sahabah" {Ibn Hajar, 'Talkhis al-Habir, vol. 4 p. 116 #1730.}

It has already being established earlier as to from which part of "Quraysh" will Imam/Khalifah/Amir comes from. The Prophet emphatically said from his Ahl al-Bayt.

So, Shi'a believe in TWELVE IMAMS (KHALIFAH), and ALL of them from the Progeny (Ahl al-Bayt) of the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household). The onus lies with the Sunni to provide their "Twelve Imams/Khalifah" if at all they ever believe in those sahih hadith recorded by their Scholars. Really, its a strange world accusing Shi'a of believing in twelve Imams from the Ahl al-Bayt of Muhammad. Truly wonders never ends.

WHO IS HE? IS HE HIDING IN THE CELLAR? grin
NB: You can read on the Last Imam, Muhammad b. Hasan al-Askari known as al-Mahdi (as): Is he "hiding in Iraq" as the Sheik alleged?! Details of that study can be read here:
www.nairaland.com/2086696/al-mahdi-savior-last-hour
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by Empiree: 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2015
^^humm, i knew you will be here sooner or later. I watched this video when i was at work on weekend. I dislike some of what he said even being "sunni", because ever since i knew u here, your view somewhat differs from what's being communicated in the video. I was going to leave comment and mentioned you to defend it but i forgot. However, i was sure you would eventually land here.

I haven't read your responses yet. I will be back here inshallah to read in full. I did listen to the whole video though. I see loopholes contrary to research link you gave me last yr. After i read your refutation, i will return here to ask question(s) about few points raised in this video

1 Like

Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ma sha Allah Empiree. Hope you, family and work are good. May Allah suffices us.

As per the video, its the same old tales from these sheiks. Its sad. I wonder why people still continue making claims with no academic analysis supported by evidence.

Where I really felt disturbed is the video of those cutting themselves in the name of Ashura. The sheik gave impression as if that's the way and the practices of Shi'a. What first came to my mind is, has any Shi'a ever label "ISIS, Boko-Haram, al-Qaeda" wats and practices as "Sunni" ways despite the fact that these criminals call themselves Sunni?

In sha Allah, am trying to respond to all the allegations to the best of my knowledge. And I shall be waiting for your questions on my responds.

Fi amanillah.

1 Like

Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by Empiree: 1:32am On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=AlBaqir post=31763600]Ma sha Allah Empiree. Hope you, family and work are good.
Alhamdulilah

May Allah suffices us.
Amin

Where I really felt disturbed is the video of those cutting themselves in the name of Ashura. The sheik gave impression as if that's the way and the practices of Shi'a.
You just answered one of my questions. Disturbing indeed. I felt like talking to him through the video that it's only some nut-jobs that do that.

Fi amanillah.
Inshallah

I have to read your responses fully before my other question.
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 8:18am On Mar 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

* Lastly, he argued the Shi'a's interpretations of Islam is through "their Imams" while the Sunni's interpretations is through the "Sunnah of the prophet" as reported by the companions and documented by the Sahih and Musnads among many other books.

Yes, the interpretation of Islam after the demise of the Prophet rest solely on the shoulder of the Imams of the Ahl al-Bayt. Nobody! Nobody apart from the Imams of the Ahl al-Bayt has authority to interpret Islam. Qur'an reveals about the Ahli (family) of Ibrahim: "...We have appointed them as Imam guiding (people) by Our command"

This is yet another blessing of Allah upon the family of Ibrahim which the holy Prophet prayed for in the hadith Salat. The manifestation of the Prayer is declared thus:
HADITH THAQALYN (TWO WEIGHTY THINGS)
The sermon of the holy Prophet in his last Hajj at Arafah, then at Ghadir Khum (a place between Makkah and Medina), and (probably) other historic places confirmed the following hadith: Imam Ibn Abi 'Asim (d. 287H) records:
* Sulayman b. Ubayd Allah al-Ghilani - Abu 'Amir - Khathir b. Zayd - Muhammad b. Umar b. Ali - his father - 'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him said: "I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it you will never go astray; the Book of Allah, one end of which is in the Hand of Allah and the other in your hands, and my Ahl al-Bayt"
{Kitab al-Sunnah (al-Maktab al-Islami; 1st edition, 1400H) [annotator: Muhammad Nasir deen al-Albani], vol. 2, p. 644-645, #1558}

NB: Imam al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani in his "Taqrib al-Tahdhib", vol. 1, vol. 2 graded ALL the narrators in the chain above either "Thiqah (trustworthy) or Saduq (very truthful).

Imam Muslim records in his Sahih, narrated by Zayd ibn Arqam that the Prophet said:
"Then, verily, O mankind! I am only a human being. The messenger of my Lord (angel of death) will soon reach me and I will answer (the call of death). But, I am leaving behind over you TWO Weighty Things (thaqalayn). The first of them is the Book of Allah. In it there is guidance and light. So hold fast to the Book of Allah and adhere to it and my Ahl al-Bayt. I remind you, by Allah, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, by Allah, of my Ahl al-Bayt! I remind you, by Allah, of my Ahl al-Bayt! "

* These hadith is Mutawattir (narration through several authentic chains)documented by Imam Muslim, Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Nisai, al-Hakim, al-Bayhaqi, Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani to mention but few. You can read details with references here:
www.nairaland.com/1470614/how-authentic-hadith-leave-amongst

HADITH KHALIFATAYN
Allamah Nasir Deen al-Albani in his "Sahih al-Jami' al-Saghir wa Ziyadatuhu (Al-Maktab al-Islami), vol. 1 p. 482, hadith no. 2457 records the holy prophet (peace be on him and his family) to have said yet in another version of 'Hadith thaqalayn' called 'hadith
Khalifatayn' (Two Caliphs):

"I am leaving behind over you TWO KHALIFAHS; the Book of Allah - a rope stretching between the heaven and the earth - and my offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt. Verily, both shall never separate from each
other until they meet me at the Lake-Fount"

Then, Sheik (al-Albani) comments: * Sahih.

THE HADITH - "BOOK OF ALLAH and my SUNNAH?
An average muslim not to mention informed muslim will ask or retort that what the holy Prophet left as his Legacy is the most popular hadith which reads:{"I left book of Allah and my Sunnah"}.

# A salafi scholar, Shaykh Muqbil (d. 1422H), writes by correcting both Imam al-Hakim (d. 403AH) and Sheik Ibn Baz (d. 1999) who graded the hadith as Sahih (authentic) documented in their various books, in his "Tahqiq of al- Mustadrak (of al-Hakim):

"It is a da'if hadith, because it is narrated through the route of Ismail ibn Abi Uways from his father, and there is criticism against both of them. Its shahid is narrated through the route of Salih ibn Musa al-Talihi, and he is matruk (rejected) ."

# Another well known Sunni hadith scientist, Sayyid Hassan al-Saqqaf express his concern angrily:
"As for the hadith {I have left over you ...the Book of God and my Sunnah} which people repeat among themselves, and which the lecturers quote on the pulpits, IT IS A FABRICATED, FALSE HADITH. It was fabricated by the Umayyads and their followers to turn people away from this sahih hadith about the offspring of the Prophet. So be very careful due to that! I have mentioned all its chains and exposed the liars and fabricators in its chains at the end of my book Sahih Sifat Salat al-Nabi, p.289."

1 Like

Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 8:29am On Mar 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

ISSUE OF KHILAFAH
The sheik made following arguments with "answers":

1. He ask: Did the Prophet named anyone to succeed him? He emphatically answered "NO".

Really? This is a weird statement from this sheik. We can simply ask what does the following hadith mean to him and others like him:

1. Imam Ibn Abi 'Asim (d. 287H) records:
Muhammad b. al-Muthanna - Yahya b. Hammad - Abu 'Awanah - Yahya b. Sulaym Abu Balj - 'Amr b. Maymun - Ibn Abbas:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said to 'Ali: "You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a prophet. And you are my Khalifah over every believer after me."

Dr. Al-Jawabirah says: Its chain is hasan. Its narrators are narrators of the two shayks, except Abu Balj, and his name is Yahya b. Sulaym b. Balj. Al-Hafiz said: "Saduq (very truthful), maybe he made mistakes." There are witnesses for it (i.e the hadith)
{Kitab al-Sunnah (Dar al-sami'ili al-Nashr wa al-Tawzi) [annotator: Dr. Basim b. Faysal al-Jawabirah], vol. 1, p. 799-800, #1222}

2. 'Allamah al-Albani (d. 1420H) in his annotated version of Ibn Asim's kitab al-Sunnah added some daunting wording in bracket:
Muhammad b. al-Muthanna - Yahya b. Hammad - Abu 'Awanah - Yahya b. Sulaym Abu Balj - 'Amr b. Maymun - Ibn Abbas:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said to 'Ali: "You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a prophet. [Verily, it is not right that I depart except] with you as my Khalifah over every believer after me."

Allamah al-Albani comments: Its chain is hasan. Its narrators are narrators of the two shayks, except Abu Balj, and his name is Yahya b. Sulaym b. Balj. Al-Hafiz said: "Saduq (very truthful), maybe he made mistakes." {Kitab al-Sunnah (al-Maktab al-Islami; 1st edition, 1400H) [annotator: Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani], vol. 2, p. 565, #1188}

NB: There is absolutely no room for "maybe" in the science of hadith. Conjectures should be put aside.

3. Imam Ahmad (d. 241H) in his Musnad also documents:
Abd Allah - my father (Ahmad b. Hanbal) - Yahya b. Hammad - Abu 'Awanah - Abu Balj - 'Amr b. Maymun...Ibn Abbas said:

...He (the Messenger of Allah) went out for the battle of Tabuk. So, 'Ali said to him, "Let me go out with you." Therefore, the Prophet of Allah, peace be upon him, said, "Do not weep, 'Ali. Are you not pleased that you are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a Prophet? Verily, it is not right that I depart except with you as my Khalifah."

Sheik al-Arnaut strangely says on the hadith: "Its chain is da'if (weak) with this context. Abu Balj, the fairest that has been said about him is that his hadith is accepted only when he is corroborated."
{Musnad, [annotator: Shu'ayb al-Arnaut], vol. 1, p. 330, #3062}

However, he grossly contradicted himself elsewhere:

'Abd Allah - my father (Ahmad b. Hanbal) - 'Affan - Abu 'Awanah - Abu Balj - Muhammad b. Hatib...Its chain is Hasan due to Abu Balj
{Musnad, vol. 4, p. 259, #18305}

Al-Arnaut also states:
'Abd Allah - my father (Ahmad b. Hanbal) - Hasan - Zuhayr - Abu Balj - 'Amr b. Maymun - Abu Hurayrah ...This chain is hasan. {Musnad, vol. 2, p. 355, #8645}

PUTTING THINGS IN THE RIGHT PERSPECTIVE!
'Allamah Ahmad Shakir (d. 1377H) made proper clarification and just correction. He writes on the same hadith in Musnad of Imam Ahmad:
"Its chain is Sahih. Abu Balj: his name is Yahya b. Sulaym. He is also called Yahya b. Abi al-Aswad al-Fazari, and he is Thiqah (trustworthy). Ibn Ma'in, Ibn Sa'd, al-Nasai, al-Daraqutni and others declared him Thiqah. It is said in al-Tahdhib that al-Bukhari said: "There is a problem in him"! I do not know: where has he said that? This is because in his (al-Bukhari's) biography of him (Abu Balj) in al-Kabir 4/2/279-280, he does not mention any criticism against him, and he (al-Bukhari) does not write his biography in al-Saghir, and neither he nor al-Nasai has mentioned him in (his respective) al-Du'afa. Moreover, Shu'bah has narrated from him, and he does not narrate except from Thiqah (trustworthy) narrators."
{Musnad (cairo: Dar al-Hadith; 1st edition, 1416H) [annotator: Ahmad Muhammad Shakir], vol. 1, p. 331, #3062}

4. Imam al-Nasai (d. 303H) also documents another sighah (version):
"...He (the Messenger of Allah) went out with the people for the Battle of Tabuk. So, 'Ali said to him, "Let me go out with you." Therefore, he (the Prophet_ said, "Do not weep, 'Ali. Are you not pleased that you are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a Prophet? You are my Khalifah, that is, over every believer after me."
{Al-Nasai, 'Sunan al-Kubra (Beirut: Dar al-Kutub al-'Ilmiyyah; 1st edition, 1411H) [annotator: Dr. 'Abd al-Ghaffar Sulayman al-Banduri and Sayyid Kasrawi Hasan], vol. 5, p. 112, #8409}
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 9:46am On Mar 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

2. He narrated an Athar where 'Ali was asked if the Prophet ever appointed him as Khalifah after him, and 'Ali was allegedly reported to have said "I would have fought them (Abu Bakr, Umar et al) had the prophet appointed him and they betrayed him"

First, some of the Sahih hadith quoted above where the Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) exclusively choose 'Ali as his Khalifah over every believer after him, cut off the first leg of this Sheik.

Second, as per the statement allegedly/attributed to 'Ali as this Sheik said, the onus lies with him to provide reliable source to that athar with its sanad (chain) and verification to its authenticity. Empty statement doesn't count in an academic discussion.
Third, in line with the declaration of 'Ali as Khalifah after the Prophet, Imam al-Hakim (d. 403H) documents the following in his al-Mustadrak ala Sahihayn:
Abu Hafs 'Umar b. Ahmad al-Jamhi - 'Ali b. Abd al-Aziz - Amr b. Awn - Hushaym - Isma'il b. Salim - Abu Idris al-Awdi - 'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him:

"Verily, part of what the Prophet, peace be upon him, told me is that the Ummah would soon betray me after him."

Then, Imam Hakim declares: This hadith has a sahih chain

And Imam al-Dhahabi (d. 748H) concurs: Sahih
{Al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihayn (Beirut: Dar al-Kutub al-'Ilmiyyah; 1st edition, 1411H) [annotator: Mustafa Abd al-Qadir 'Ata], vol. 3, p. 150, #4676}

Imam Hakim further document this hadith in vol. 3, p. 153, #4686.

Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalani (d. 852H) also documents: Al-Fadl, Abu Na'im - Fitr b. Khalifah - Habib b. Abi Thabit - Tha'labah b. Yazid:

I heard 'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, saying: "I swear by Allah, verily, the Umm Prophet, peace be upon him, told me: "They (the Ummah) will soon betray you after me."

{Al-Matalib al-'Aliyah bi Zawaid al-Masanid al-Thamaniyyah (Riyadh: Dar al-'Asimah; 1st edition, 1420H) [annotator: Abd Allah b. Zafir b. Abd Allah al-Shahri], vol. 16, p. 64, #3919}

The Salafi annotator, Abd Allah al-Shahri comments: "It is da'if with this chain due to the status of Fitr b. Khalifah and Tha'labah b. Yazid, for both of them were very truthful and Shi'is and this hadith supports their bid'ah. Therefore it is da'if."

Al-Shahri's only problem with the chain of this hadith is the Shi'ism of Fitr and Tha'labah. Even though both were "very truthful"?!

Allamah al-Albani (d. 1420H) however states the prerequisites of grading hadith. He writes:
If someone says: "The narrator of this corroborative hadith (i.e that of Ajlah) was a Shi'i, and also in the chain of the main hadith, there is another Shi'i, and he is Ja'far b. Sulayman. Does this not justify attack on the hadith and constitute a fault in it?"

So, I answer: "Not at all, because the requirements in the transmission of hadith are ONLY truthfulness and sound memory. As for the madhhab (of the narrator), that is between him and his Lord, and He is sufficient for him."

{Silsilah al-Ahadith al-Sahihah wa Shayhun min Fiqhihah wa Fawaidihah, vol. 5, p. 262, # 2223}
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 10:02am On Mar 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

3. The Sheik claimed 'Ali never objected the 1st three Khalifah. That he gave them the oath of allegiance.

1. Imam al-Bukhari records:
"Ibn Abbas: I used to teach qirat (Quran recitation) to some men...'Abd al-Rahman came to me and said, "If only you had seen a man who came to Amir al-Muminin (Umar) today, saying: "O Amir al-Muminin! What do you say about so-and-so? He says, "When Umar dies, I will pledge allegiance to so-and-so, for, I swear by Allah, the pledge of allegiance given to Abu Bakr was nothing but an ERROR and it succeeded."

So, Umar became angry. Then, he said, Insha Allah, I will stand before the people tonight and will warn them against these people who want to usurp their affairs.

So, 'Umar sat on the pulpit...praised Allah as He deserved. Then he said: "I have been informed that a speaker amongst you says, 'When Umar dies, I will pledge allegiance to so-and-so.' One should not deceive oneself by saying that the pledge of allegiance given to Abu Bakr was an error and it succeeded. NO DOUBT, IT WAS SURELY LIKE THAT. However, Allah saved from its EVIL...

Ansar opposed us and gathered, all of them, at Saqifah Bani Sa'idah; and [size=28pt]'Ali, al-Zubayr and whoever was with them both, also opposed us[/size]; and the Muhajiruns gathered towards Abu Bakr..."
{Sahih al-Bukhari, vol. 6, p. 2503, #6442.}

2. In fact, the same Sahih al-Bukhari documented 'Ali and his group NEVER recognized the Khilafa of Abu Bakr until after SIX months, ONLY when people were expressing animosity towards him.{Sahih bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 546}.

Yet after that conditioned allegiance and recognition of Abu Bakr's Khilafa, Imam Muslim in his Sahih documented 'Ali's thought of the two previous Leaders (Abu Bakr and Umar).

Sahih Muslim quotes 'Umar saying to both Imam 'Ali and al-Abbas:
"When the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, died, Abu Bakr said: "I am the wali of the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him."...So both of you ('Ali and Abbas) thought him (i.e Abu Bakr) to be a LIAR, SINFUL, a TRAITOR and DISHONEST. And Allah knows that he was really truthful, pious, rightly-guided and a follower of the truth. Abu Bakr died and I became the wali of the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, and the wali of the Abu Bakr. So both of you thought me to be a LIAR, SINFUL, a TRAITOR and DISHONEST." {Sahih Muslim, vol. 3, p. 1376, #1757}

All these revealing evidences are indeed the manifestation of the hadith of the holy prophet (peace be upon him and his household) that the Ummah will betray 'Ali.
So, how dare anybody alleged that Shi'a fabricates!
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

4. The Sheik claimed Abu Bakr was indirectly appointed by the Prophet (while he was sick in his last days) when he asked him to lead the Prayer.

Really wonder shall never ends in this weird world. Scholars of Ahlu Sunnah are comfortable to interpret the alleged appointment of Abu Bakr to lead Salat during the fatal illness of the Prophet, to mean his "appointment as Khalifah after the Prophet", whereas the clear, daunting and exclusive statements of the Prophet appointing 'Ali as his successor (Khalifah) fell into deaf hears. In fact, few scholars led by Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah were "bold" enough to label those explicit ahadith about the appointment of 'Ali, as "Mawdoo (fabrication) of Shi'a".

This kind of desperation is understandable because believing in those ahadith put an end to the beliefs of Ahlu Sunnah wal Jama'ah.

EXAMINATION OF THE HADITH
The bulk of hadith on Abu Bakr's lead in Salat were reported by 'Aishah, and Anas. Other narration from others are carbon-copies of the two.

However, going through ALL these narration expose lots of contradiction, falsity and unimaginable claims and inconsistency in these ahadith.

On one hand, some hadith claims Abu Bakr led people in Salat, other hadith claimed he never led any Salat that before he even started, the Prophet took over. Yet, some hadith claim Prophet named Abu Bakr to lead the Salat, other says the Prophet rules ANYONE can lead the Salat.

Yet, some hadith claim Abu Bakr even led the Prophet himself in Salat, some hadith says it was the Prophet who led, and Abu Bakr was behind him; other ahadith even claimed Prophet NEVER came out to join the Prayer till he died. An inconsistent narration like these is never accepted as valid prove.

It will be cumbersome in this reply to present ALL of these ahadith. The following however will be presented where readers can see fatal contradictions:

1. Imam Ibn Hibban (d. 354H) records:
'Aisha: Abu Bakr led the people in Salat while the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, was in the congregational row BEHIND him.

'Allamah al-Albani comments: Sahih

And, Shayk al-Arnaut concurs: Its chain is Sahih upon the standard of al-Bukhari.
{Sahih Ibn Hibban, vol. 5, p. 483, #2117}

2. Imam Tirmidhi (d. 279H) also documents:
'Aishah:
The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, performed salat in a sitting posture BEHIND Abu Bakr during his fatal illness."

'Al-Albani comments: Sahih
{Al-Jami al-Sahih al-Tirmidhi, vol. 2, p. 196, #362}

On the contrary
3. Imam al-Nasai (d. 303H) records:
'Aishah: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, ordered Abu Bakr to lead the people in Salat."

She said: The Prophet, peace be upon him, was IN FRONT of Abu Bakr, and he performed the salat in a sitting posture while Abu Bakr led the people in salat and the people were behind Abu Bakr.

Al-Albani comments: Sahih
{Al-Mujtaba min al-Sunan, vol. 2, p. 83, #797}

WAS ABU BAKR EVEN QUALIFIED TO LEAD PEOPLE IN SALAT LET ALONE THE PROPHET?
"O you who believe! Do not lead in front of Allah and His Messenger, and fear Allah.." {Q. 49:1}

Imam al-Mubarakfuri (d. 1282H):
"...it is NOT correct to lead in front of him (the Prophet) in Salat or in anything else, whether due to an excuse or otherwise." {Tuhfat al-Ahwazi bi Sharh Jami al-Tirmidhi vol. 2, p. 294}

Al-Hafiz also writes:
"...it is NOT correct to lead in front of him, due to the prohibition of that by Allah." {Fath al-Bari Sharh al-Bukhari, vol. 2, p. 146}

This renders useless those hadith that alleged that Abu Bakr led the Prophet in Salat.

PROPHET's CRITERIA OF APPOINTING IMAM IN SALAT
Imam Muslim in his Sahih records:
Abu Mas'ud al-Ansari:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "The people should be led in Salat by the best reciter of the Book of Allah among them. But if they are equal in recitation, then the one who is the most knowledgeable among them concerning the Sunnah. If they are equal regarding the Sunnah, then the earliest of them to do the hijrah. If they are equal in the hijrah, then the earliest of them to embrace Islam. No man can lead another in Salat in a place where the latter has authority, or sit in his place of honor in his house without his permission."
{Sahih Muslim, vol. 1, p. 465, #673}

Imam Ahmad (d. 241H) records:
"Al-Ash'ari led his companions in a salat...So, al-'Ashari said, "...Verily, the Prophet of Allah, peace be upon him, gave us a sermon and taught us our Sunnah, and explained to us our salat. So, he said, 'Establish your congregational rows. Then, the best reciter among you should be your Imam."

Shaykh al-Arnaut says: Its chain is sahih upon the standard of (Imam) Muslim. {Musnad, vol. 4, p. 409, #19680}

Imam Muslim further records:
Abu Sa'id al-Khudri:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "Whenever there are three persons, one of them should be their Imam. The most entitled to be the Imam among them is the best reciter among them.

{Sahih Muslim, vol. 1, p. 464, #672 (289)}

So, who was the best reciter? Abu Bakr was NEVER even among the reciters let alone the best. Imam al-Bukhari records:
'Amr b. 'Ali - Yahya - Sufyan - Habib - Sa'id b. Jubayr - Ibn Abbas:

'Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "The best reciter among us is Ubayy, and the best judge among us is 'Ali."

{Al-Sahih al-Mukhtasar, vol. 4, p. 1628, #4211}

ABU BAKR WAS LED IN SALAT BY A FREED SLAVE
Imam al-Bukhari records: Ibn 'Umar:

Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hudhayfah, used to lead the earliest Muhajirun and the Sahabah of the Prophet, peace be upon him, in Salat in the Mosque of Quba. Among them were Abu Bakr, 'Umar, Abu Salamah, and Amir b. Rabi'ah."

{Al-Jami al-Sahih al-Mukhtasar, vol. 6, p. 2625, #6754}

Imam Ibn Abi Shaybah (d. 235H) and Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal also document this hadith.

So what's the fuss as to the alleged Abu Bakr's leadership in Salat if at all its true?! Leading people in Salat NEVER in anyway translate to Khilafah.
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

5. The Sheik reasoned or rather claimed all Shi'a beliefs and arguments were formulated by a man, a hypocrites who converted from Judaism to Islam, by the name of Abdullah Ibn Saba

It is only in the imagination and fantasy world of certain desperate Sunni Scholars does Abdullah Ibn Saba ever existed as the founder of the beliefs of Shi'ism.

This person was said to have been founding father of a group called "al-Sabaiyyah" and primarily "Shi'ism" with its beliefs of 12 Imams, Khilafah of 'Ali etc.

Unfortunately, ALL Sunni Riwayat of this boogey man and his legendary group are severely defected to be Daeef Jiddan (very weak) or Mawdoo (fabricated).
In fact, there is ZERO reliable evidence about the so-called Abdullah Ibn Saba and tales attached to him.
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 1:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

6. The Sheik talks about Ashura (10th of Muharram). He condemned those piercing their body with knives publicly in the name of grieving for Hussain.

The act is called "Tatbir". It is very common among the Pakistani, India Shi'a. Shi'a Scholars differ on this act. Some said its permissible, others said it is Haram (forbidden).

For example, Ayatullah al-Sistani says:
"[Tatbir] is permissible, and in fact this is regarded as one of the best means of seeking nearness to Allah, since it is upholding and honouring the Sha’a’er of Allah Almighty"

On the contrary, Ayatullah Sayyid Ali Khameini says:
"It is an incorrect action which some people perform – taking a blade in one’s hand and hitting themselves on the head with it spilling their blood. What do they do this for? How is this action considered mourning? Of course, hitting one’s head with their hands is a form of mourning. You have seen over and over again, a person who has had something bad happen to them, hit themselves on their head and chest. This is a normal sign of mourning. But, have you ever seen a person who has had something bad happen to their most loved (ones) hit themselves on the head with a sword until blood flows down? How is this action considered mourning?

Part of the Sunnah of the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) is to shed tears and show sorrowful expression on the day of Ashura NOT CUTTING ONESELVES with blades, swords et al:

Sheik Nasirudeen al-Albaani records a sahih
(authentic) hadith (narration) of the holy prophet in his ‘Silsilah Al-hadith Al-Sahiyah’, vol. 2 pg 462 hadith 821:
Jubril came to me and informed me that my Ummah (nation or community) will kill my son, Hussain. I asked: ‘This Hussain?’ He (Jubril) replied: ‘Yes’ he then brought me some soil (tur’ba) that was red.”

Narrated by Umm al-Fadhal bint al-Harith that she went to the Holy prophet (s) and said: ‘O prophet, I have seen an unclear dream tonight.’ He (s) asked:
What is it? She replied: ‘I saw that as if a part of your body was cut off from you and was placed upon my chest.’ He (s) said: ‘You have seen something good. In sha Allah, Fatimah will bear a baby boy and he will be upon your chest.’ So Fatima gave birth to Hussain and he was on my chest as the prophet had notified me. On one day I went to the Holy prophet and put Hussain on his chest then he turned his face to the side and I witnessed his eyes flowing with tears. I asked: “Prophet of Allah (s), may my parents be sacrified for you, what is wrong?” He then mentioned it (the above bolded hadith – “Jubril came to me and informed me...”).”

Similar authentic narrations of the same genre can also be found in: “Fadhail Sahaba” by Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, vol.2 pg. 965 Hadith1357; “Musnad Abi Ya’la”, vol. 6 pg.129 Hadith 3402; Imam al-
Haythami in his ‘al-Majma zawaid, vol.9 etc

In the same book above^ there are reports from Umm Salamah (RA) who narrated that she saw the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) in her dreams the day Hussain (as) (along with other members of Ahl al-Bayt and their supporters) were martyred; crying and restless.

AlBaqir:

He said the true belief of Ashura is when the Prophet met the Jews and saw them fasting. He asked why they were fasting and the Jews said because 'today (Ashura)' is a day Allah saved Musa and the Bani Israil from Fir'aun. Then, Prophet said Musa is closer to me than you; thereby he asked the Muslims to fast.

I wonder how things get severe and messy in Sunni imaginary world that Prophet will no longer wait or consult his Lord on a matter but rather get verdicts from the JEWS on the issue of Ashura!

This has been an age-long populous belief among the Sunni. Sometimes certain beliefs are simply "dogma" that can never stand the light of criticism and intellectualism.

The loopholes of these belief is exposed on this thread in detail for the truth-seekers:
www.nairaland.com/1967745/controversy-surrounding-significance-ashura-10th
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by Empiree: 8:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

[size=3pt]The Sheik was able to mention two examples viz: "Knowledge of the Unseen and Power of Intercession" On Shafa'a (intercession) and ilm Ghayb (knowledge of the unseen), Allah says in one of many verses of the holy Qur'an:"...To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills..."
{Ayat al-Qur'siyy} [size=3pt]The onus lies with this Sheik (or any other who shares the same tales) to provide reliable evidence where the Imams of the Shi'ah, from the 1st Imam, 'Ali ibn Abi Talib (as) to the last Imam Imam, al-Mahdi (as),[/size] EVER claimed that "their knowledge whether of the unseen (Ghayb) or others" is independent?!

The knowledge and the intercession of the Imam is of what "Allah permitted and wills".
Qur'an encompass ALL kNOWLEDGE as Allah says in the holy Qur'an that NOTHING is left unmentioned in it.
That's it. Very simple

1 Like

Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

There is something called rationality which most Shites lack, no offence please

The knowledge of Islam has nothing to with blood relations. It is based on who the cap fits

The cap fitted Abu Bakr becuase he was chosen by the multitudes and he was the closesst companion to the prophet

How any one would wake up and insult and disregard the prophet's companions is beyond me despite all they had sacrificed together

Therefore this is not about the Hadith or the Quran

It is about common sense
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
Justfollowit:

No offense. That's what you perceive and we are here to enlighten ourselves rationally. Thank God, Qur'an stressed a lot about rationality.

Justfollowit:

The knowledge of Islam has nothing to with blood relations. It is based on who the cap fits

Ma sha Allah! In fact, the general criteria of selection in the site of Allah is clearly declares in the Qur'an:
"...the most honored in the sight of Allah is the most fearful of Him..."

And when you read surah Ahzab, Allah warned the wives of the Prophet that they shouldn't assume that their marriage-ties and affiliation with the Prophet will guarantee them Paradise. Qur'an says:
"O consort of the Prophet! You are not like any ordinary women PROVIDED YOU HAVE TAQWA (fear of GOD)..."

In fact, Allah promised them Double punishment should they sin; and Double reward if they got it right.

Another case is that of Prophet Ibrahim (as). His Lord tried him severely and he passed all the tests in flying colors. Surah al-Imran reveals Allah rewarded him with the station of Imam over Mankind. Prophet Ibrahim pleaded that Allah should include his progeny in that grace and blessing where they will also become Imam over Mankind.
Allah instantly told him that ONLY the pious among his progeny will be entitle to that station

Haven't you read the story of Prophet Noah and his son? Allah removed his son from among his "household" that were saved from the punishment. And when Noah cried unto his Lord that "aren't my son not part of my household?". Allah told him that his conduct removed him from the mercy of the Lord. {Surah Hud}.

Isn't Allah's selection just and upright? His selection is solely based on Taqwa.

All these should give you hint that the selection of the (Ahl al-Bayt)household of Muhammad was purely based on merit NEVER through bloodline.
Try to know your history about the household of the Prophet; their piety, selfless service, devotion etc and you will determine they are second to non

Justfollowit:

The cap fitted Abu Bakr becuase he was chosen by the multitudes

First, only Allah and His Prophet have the authority to select the best.

Second, the selection by "multitude" have always through history been motive-based.

Third, I have given you a narration in Sahih al-Bukhari where 'Umar reveal how these multitude split into THREE opposition during the selection of Abu Bakr:

i. The Ansar and their groups (Aws and khazraj)
ii. 'Ali and his groups
iii. The Muhajiruns who supported Abu Bakr.

At the end, personal interest and motives made Ansar swing their position in recognizing Abu Bakr after initial refusal.

Justfollowit:

and he was the closesst companion to the prophet

Really that's in the fantasy and imaginary world. It can never stand the test of the Qur'an. For example:

Surah Tawbah verse 40 was reveal because of "the Prophet and Abu Bakr". I'm greatly disturb how Allah excluded him (Abu Bakr) from His sakinah (serenity) when he actually needed it the most (only the Prophet received it). Whereas other verses testify how Allah usually send down His sakina (serenity) into the heart of believers anytime they needed it the most, along with the Prophet{see surah Tawbah: 26; surah Fath:4.}

This incident reveal that you can apparently be "closest" to a person but only Allah sees through the heart.

Justfollowit:

How any one would wake up and insult and disregard the prophet's companions is beyond me despite all they had sacrificed together

Am glad you talk about rationality earlier. Hope you will apply it here:

Our position is crystal clear. It is the clarity of the Qur'an. We say not ALL the companions of the Prophet are righteous. Some are excellent, others are hypocrites.

As per the Righteous, Allah reveals:
"And the first forerunners [in the faith] from among the Muhajireen and the Ansar and those who followed them with good conduct - Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Him, and He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever. That is the great attainment."{Surat At-Tawbah: 100}

And about the Munafiq, Qur'an reveals:
"And among those around you of the bedouins are hypocrites, and [also] from the people of Madinah. They have become accustomed to hypocrisy. You, [O Muhammad], do not know them, [but] We know them. We will punish them twice [in this world]; then they will be returned to a great punishment."{Surat At-Tawbah: 101}

I also gave an Hadith from Sahih Muslim/Bukhari where the Prophet himself categorize his companions into "people of paradise" and "people of Hell-fire".

So for the record ma, Shi'a never mix the "righteous and the hypocrites" among the sahabas together and pretend that ALL of them are the same. If you do, I respect your courage

Justfollowit:

It is about common sense

The moment Qur'an and hadith no longer match our common sense, then we need a medical check up. No offense ma. No offense.
"Ask those who know if you do not" {Qur'an}

1 Like

Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

I like things to be very direct

I don't have all the time in the world

I am very patient with human but not with things associated with human

You will explain to Allah, why any capable Muslim male cannot be the leader of the he ummah?/
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 11:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
Justfollowit:

I like things to be very direct

I don't have all the time in the world

I am very patient with human but not with things associated with human

Are you not human? If you are, then there are many things also associated with you. Same here!

Justfollowit:

You will explain to Allah, why any capable Muslim male cannot be the leader of the he ummah?/

@underline, Who better judge that "capability" saves Allah and His Prophet? Didn't you trust Allah and His prophet in their selection and appointment? They know, and they select the best even if "multitude" objects. It is our loss if we object and select someone else.

Haven't you read the story of the Israilite who were fond of killing Prophets sent to guide them?!
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 19, 2015
AlBaqir:

Are you not human? If you are, then there are many things also associated with you. Same here!

@underline, Who better judge that "capability" saves Allah and His Prophet? Didn't you trust Allah and His prophet in their selection and appointment? They know, and they select the best even if "multitude" objects. It is our loss if we object and select someone else.

Haven't you read the story of the Israilite who were fond of killing Prophets sent to guide them?!

Sorry but we are God's agents on earth

The fact that these men were loyal, they had faith, they were steadfast and the prophet trusted them are enough to make them capable to lead the ummah. If Allah had wanted something different he would have expressly given a sign or something like it.

Whatever the Ali supportters did then is indirectly responsible for what we are facing today. It created a split in the community and made us vulnerable to the Kuffars.

The Shite leader should have sent every Ali's descendants to lead every ummah in the world to add credence to his baseless claim
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by BetaThings: 11:30am On Mar 20, 2015
[quote author=Empiree post=31766463][/quote]
I can see that you are in your quest for knowledge.

What you will read from Shias on NL are different from what Shia scholars say

Don’t ever ever trust a Shia. They lie and lie
9/10 of their religion is falsehood. They tell you they lie when their life is in danger
That is a lie. They lie MOST (90%) OF the time
An example. Muslims can eat pork when the alternative is to starve to death. However no Muslim will say 9/10 of his religion is eating pork
So you cannot say 9/10 of your religion is taqiyya (taken as lying to get whatever you want by Shias but which Sunnis take as lying ONLY to protect your life) and say that it applies only when you are in danger

See Shia Scholars here – they lie and lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Bsm59tgVQ

When in Danger, they don’t call on Allah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Nqt_gE-DE

Shias make Dua to, and Call on, Fatima (RA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voKd-JhXPrA

Ali (RA) has the power of reckoning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mc-WDj3ebM

Imam has the power to say “Be” and It will “be”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPo1gpjLrhE

Karbala where Hussain was buried will become Qiblah, replacing Makkah – Former Iraqi PM – Maliki – said so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZj0FZ_lkro
By the way, Shias say that visiting the grave of Hussain (RA) on the day of Arafah has more reward than going for Hajj. Note this
Hajj is mentioned in the Qur’an and is one of the pillars of Islam. But Shiaa want us to abandon it for Ziyarrah to Karbala
You will often see Shias boasts that the trek to Karbala and the gathering there 40 days after the death of Hussain is the largest gathering on earth. Compare that to Hajj and you will know these people have their own weird idea of what Islam is all about and what Muslims should do

Ya Allah without Ya Ali is Shirk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3-wTnlwpkY
This is refuted here
And when Allah is mentioned alone, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter shrink with aversion, but when those [worshipped] other than Him are mentioned, immediately they rejoice.
Qur’an 39:45

Shias pretend and say nice things – see this test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JqZOIUfaqY

1 Question, 4 Shia Scholars, 4 Different Answers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwelyJM-Fwg

Shia defends Chronological Qur’an and its opposite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb7-w7Fjdr8

Ammar is exposing how they hate Ali (RA) though they claim they love him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyM8kXRAORQ

This is a death sentence on a Sunni Scholar for asking a rhetorical question based on what they say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW6X9x3nUiM

Shias curse Abu Bakr, Umar, Aisha (RAA) in salat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1cbSDuI_A

How Shia History is Formed – Origin of San Jose – Repeat a lie like this for centuries and it becomes the “truth”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh5n9AZBdbY

This is endorsement of Mut’ah – give a 19 year old girl to a man to avoid him looking at a 40 year old woman. Strange!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBqpkbVFfmw

Ayatollah Aradi summarises the proofs and benefits of Mut’ah
In 5.35, we are told that angels CURSE whoever AVOIDS mut’ah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrwu8U28grs

Yet in this video, the Ayatollah Aradi hates having his daughter do Mut’ah
Just start from 7.00mins.
In 7.19 he says “the question is like asking if you will allow a stranger/traveler to marry your daughter and that stranger leaves her after an hour, and after he has had sex with her. So do you accept that?
So your answer to that question is the same answer to your question”
“But we have to know that accepting something or hating something has got nothing to with what is allowed or what is forbidden”
In reality, Shia scholars say that it is not permissible to perform mut’ah with a woman is from the house of honour because it brings shame and humiliation to her and her family
This is part 4 of the series. If you have the time, watch parts 1 -3 too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMnveNN7WZY

So what do Shias want – their dreams and aspirations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJox1KDmNeI

These are the sayings of Sunni scholars - listen to them

Prophet will testify Aisha is in Jannah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YiI18exINM

Watch how this Shayk used 3 verses of Qur’an to refute Shiism (tasshayu)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXtXMplvPf4

Don’t ever forget this ayah
Unquestionably, for Allah is the pure religion. And those who take protectors besides Him [say], "We only worship them that they may bring us nearer to Allah in position." Indeed, Allah will judge between them concerning that over which they differ. Indeed, Allah does not guide he who is a liar and [confirmed] disbeliever
Qur’an 39:3

Brother go to websites and fora where there is high quality discussion. We know a lot of the Shia figures in the videos above. Most of the Shia people posting here are not qualified to refute them

You can join the debates here
http://forum.twelvershia.net/

You can read some historical stuff here
https://youpuncturedtheark./
http://twelvershia.net/

May Allah guide us
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 11:40am On Mar 20, 2015
Justfollowit:

Sorry but we are God's agents on earth

Ma sha Allah!

Justfollowit:

The fact that these men were loyal, they had faith, they were steadfast and the prophet trusted them are enough to make them capable to lead the ummah.

I have "rationally" proven to you with day-light evidence in the Qur'an that NOT ALL of these men around the Prophet were righteous. In fact Allah warned His Prophet that some of these hypocrites are very appealing in appearance and eye-service{see Surah al-Munafiq}.

So, the question is which one of them is sincere, loyal, pious etc?

* 99% of them ran away and left the prophet for dead in the battle of Uhud! Allah rebuked them for that in the Qur'an.

* They were forgiven for that crime above; yet, in the battle of Hunain, they repeated the same crime!
Allah also accused them in His glorious book.

* At Hudaybiyyah, Battle of khandaq, Khaybar; they repeated this same crime.
At Tabuk, some of them planned to assassinate the prophet.

* On the sick bed of the prophet, just when he ask for pen and paper to write documents that so long the muslims adhere to it, they will NEVER go astray; they accused him of "raving madness" and prevented him from writing that document saying "the book of God is enough for us"!

If you do not allow Allah and His prophet to select the best, and the "multitude" through democracy appointed whoever they wish, then chaos and perdition will follow as we are currently experiencing since the demise of the Prophet. ONLY HIM KNOWS THE BEST

Justfollowit:

If Allah had wanted something different he would have expressly given a sign or something like it.

He did! You simply need to humbly boot your studies about Islam. Again "ask those who know if you do not know"

Justfollowit:

Whatever the Ali supportters did then is indirectly responsible for what we are facing today. It created a split in the community and made us vulnerable to the Kuffars.

Really, you've been robbed of the truth of history. It was the other way round.
I have cited explicit authentic reports which clearly showed 'Ali was appointed by Allah and His prophet to be the Khalifah after the prophet.

In line with the declaration of 'Ali as Khalifah after the Prophet, Imam al-Hakim (d. 403H) documents the following hadith in his al-Mustadrak ala Sahihayn:
Abu Hafs 'Umar b. Ahmad al-Jamhi - 'Ali b. Abd al-Aziz - Amr b. Awn - Hushaym - Isma'il b. Salim - Abu Idris al-Awdi - 'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him:

"Verily, part of what the Prophet, peace be upon him, told me is that the Ummah would soon betray me after him."

Then, Imam Hakim declares: This hadith has a sahih chain

And Imam al-Dhahabi (d. 748H) concurs:
Sahih {Al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihayn (Beirut: Dar al-Kutub al-'Ilmiyyah; 1st edition, 1411H) [annotator: Mustafa Abd al-Qadir 'Ata], vol. 3, p. 150, #4676}

Imam Hakim further document this hadith in vol. 3, p. 153, #4686.

NB: I have given you more of this in the reply.

So, how does that sound to you? You don't make false accusations.

Justfollowit:

The Shite leader should have sent every Ali's descendants to lead every ummah in the world to add credence to his baseless claim

I entered into discussion with you because you gave an impression of the importance of "rationality".

A student of Islam learn and research to unveil the truth. You don't get annoyed or deviant or arrogant when truth and facts are presented before you. That was the downfall of Shaitan, may Allah protect us from him and his characteristics. Amin.

Perhaps you are accusing your Prophet of "favoritism"?!
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
@Betathing, here's my quote earlier when I was about to reply the OP:
Albaqir: In sha Allah, I intend to make a respond to each of these allegation and misrepresentation in an enlighten, academic, concise and evidence-based reply. I sincerely hope whoever is interested to refute, reply or contribute will do the same without insulting, inciting hatred, calling names or making weird allegation with no verifications.

So, I can only wonder where's that Adab of dialogue which Qur'an enjoined upon all muslims (even when you dialogue with Kuffar)?!

Posting doctored videos of 1mins, 2mins whereby scholars are being deliberately quoted out of context; and of course posting "the yasiri shi'as" with their rain of curse and insult upon wives and companions of the prophet is like affirming Boko-haram, ISIS and al-Qaeda with Sunni belief.
How do you always feel as a muslim when atheist or so-called free-thinkers tactically use a verse of the Qur'an or a hadith against Islam?! Or a christian use a bad egg among muslim to generalize all muslims?

An healthy dialogue involve sincere research into the true beliefs of your opposition. Not mixing falsehood with truth or inciting hatred trying to score cheap marks. For those who do not watch the video at the OP, I summarize the Sheik's allegation against Shi'a and respond accordingly. I simply don't know where your allegations fit in this thread.
Brother, I enjoin you dialogue intellectually.

Here's Sheik (Dr.) Yasir al-Qadhi, a known Sunni scholar, in an almost 30minutes interview, regretting and confessing his mudslinging tactics of defaming Shi'a beliefs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLvsQA1oaCg

1 Like

Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by Empiree: 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
BetaThings:

I can see that you are in your quest for knowledge.
Yes, I always will. It's a command in the Qur'an and prophetic tradition.

Now, even though I rarely have direct talks with you, I think it's necessary to do so now. I am aware that you and albaqir are rivals on NL on sectarian conflicts. Let me be very clear that years before, I was critic of shias although not fanatic type. I would only talk to some known Shias online and especially when Facebook was lunched. I made friends with those white girls who are shia. We used to debate and talk a lot without putting on boxing gloves.

Their ideology didn't change my creed. We just got along. I reduced my criticisms of shia in 2006 and officially gave up sectarian talks in 2010. Courtesy of Sheik Imran Hussein. There will always be differences but their is also a way around it without hating one another. With many focus and hatred for islam and many attempts to ignite sectarian strive between Sunni an Shia, the last thing to do is fueling it.

It seems to me that the section of muslims who are hell-bent on assisting judeo-christian terrorists alliance , directly or indirectly continue to do so either out of ignorance or deliberately. Yes, it's true there is no room for compromising "tawheed". I have not seen Albaqir done that even though i disagree with some of shia doctrines like twelve Imams. His explanation is clear enough to snub sectarian brouhaha.

As for all the videos you posted, I am not unaware of them. What I am concern about is what Ulama recognized in Shiism to be Muslims. There is NO fatwa in 1400 years pronunced on Shia to be kufar. Unless and until you can bring that proof, anyone saying despicable things against shia is merely causing fitna. My methodology is using Qur'an as criteria by which judgement is derived. Therefore, as far as I am concerned, no shia reject Qur'an. No muslim reject Quran. This means anyone who believes in the Quran is a muslim. Anything else comes later. Qur'an has ordered us to obey the order given by it in Sura Al-Imran 103.

Some people trying to find fault here and there are simply agent of fitna. The Sheik in this video could have done better by given detail analysis regarding disturbing self-mutilation. I am well aware that not all shias do that. So why would he categorized all shia?. Well, it's not new to me. The reason I stayed away from mainstream muslim organizations is because they are being manipulated by govt. I understand they give dawah, Mashallah! but when it comes to sectarian issues should be discussed briefly and intelligently and with Ikhlas. Not by igniting conflicts. In one of the videos up there, a shia man's face is photoshpped. This is un-Islamic. I would imagine the same people did that silly thing to Sheik Imran Hussein just because they did not agree with him. Yet they called themselves "Sunnah followers".

I am using this media to plead for unity. We have gotta get over this sectarian nonsense. The last thing to do it igniting and helping kufar due to our ignorance. Albaqir have not said anything in his post here to warrant these videos. We better becareful because their is a newly registered christian evangelist extremist who has been posting all kinds of inflammatory articles, hadith, sirah that are so heart breaking, assassinating character of our prophet (peace be upon him and his household).

And myself and few other muslims have been trying our best dealing with her. Some brothers were upset and cursed her which i dont give credit for. Myself was upset at some point at her and her cohorts. Not because of her postings but because of her strategic evangelical style...saying muslims are liars, we do "at-taqqiya". The same thing you are pursing here as well. Me and other Muslims are busy refuting her but you and many more others brothers and sisters are no where to be found.

You returned to NL and the next thing to do is sectarian strive?. We better stop this before the lady comes here. She's crazy and extreme. She will screenshot this thread and post it in christian section to mock islam. She has been screen-shooting our posts and erased parts to suit her purposes. You better stop this nonsense and grow up.

There are some Christians who support her and said all sorts of nonsense against prophet Muhammad(PBUH). It breaks my heart that the next thing for you is causing division within a house. For reference, this is her profile https://www.nairaland.com/ifean.n. I dont want to mention her moniker correctly so that she doesnt come here. So if you need to copy paste her profile in your address bar, please remove the dot (.) between the Ns and put the Ns together to get through.

Please for God sake stop this irrelevancies. Anyone who calls himself Muslim is our brother. What else he does is between him and his creator. Qur'an has commanded unity and even unity with some Christians without going overboard. I appreciate "DeenShow" for their efforts and dawah. May Allah bless them and guide them too. But unnecessary sectarian talks need to be eschewed. It will break my heart if the lady comes here and screenshot your post to mock Islam. This is really uncalled for.

There is also a brother mrola, dont know if I got his moniker right, i am aware he's rival with albaqir, but he too contributed against the evangelist lady. I was going to tell him this is why we need to stop sectarian fight after the lady reference sunni-shia killings.

Here is what the lady said to discredit me.

Empire the only two persons on nairaland u are smarter than(judging from ur posts) are tar.tar9 and mro.lai.

I dont want to mention her here. So know that you have a long way to go by constantly igniting sectarian conflicts while other muslims are busy with dawah and removing misconceptions about islam. It's not cool.

Walaikum salam

3 Likes

Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by AlBaqir(m): 2:39pm On Mar 23, 2015
Albaqir:

* The sheik confidently denied the Hadith Ghadir Khum.

HADITH GHADIR-KHUM
1. Imam al-Tahawi (d. 321H) documents:
Ibrahim b. Marzuq - Abu 'Amr al-Aqadi - Kathir b. Zayd - Muhammad b. Umar b. Ali - his father - 'Ali:

Verily, the Prophet, peace be upon him, came to a tree at (Ghadir) Khumm. Then he came out, holding the hand of 'Ali, and saying: "O Mankind! Do you not testify that Allah the Almighty is your Lord?" They said, "Yes, we do." He said, "Do you testify that Allah and His Messenger are more entitled to you than yourselves and that Allah the Almighty and His Messenger are your Mawla?" They said, "Yes, we do". He said, "So, whosoever Allah and His Messenger are his Mawla, verily this one - or 'Ali - is his Mawla. I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it you will never go astray: the Book of Allah - one end of which is in your hands - and my Ahl al-Bayt."

Sheik al-Arnaut comments: Its chain is Hasan.
{Sharh Mushkil al-Athar (Muasassat al-Risalah; 1st edition, 1415H) [annotator: Shu'ayb al-Arnaut], vol. 5, p. 13, #1760}

2. Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani also documents:
Ishaq said: Abu 'Amr al-Aqadi - Kathir b. Zayd - Muhammad b. Umar b. Ali - his father - 'Ali:

Verily, the Prophet, peace be upon him, came to a tree at (Ghadir) Khumm. Then he came out, holding the hand of 'Ali, and saying: "O Mankind! Do you not testify that Allah the Almighty is your Lord?" They said, "Yes, we do." He said, "Do you testify that Allah and His Messenger are more entitled to you than yourselves and that Allah the Almighty and His Messenger are your Mawla?" They said, "Yes, we do". He said, "So, whosoever Allah and His Messenger are his Mawla, verily this one - or 'Ali - is his Mawla. I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it you will never go astray: the Book of Allah - one end of which is in your hands - and my Ahl al-Bayt."

And he comments: This chain is Sahih.
{Al-Matalib al-Aliyah bi Zawaid al-Masanid al-Thamaniyyah, vol. 4, p. 65, #3972}

* Imam Ahmad al-Busiri (d. 840H); 'Allamah al-Muttaqi al-Hindi (d. 975H); al-Nasai also document the above hadith.

3. Imam Ahmad (d. 241H) documents:
'Abd Allah (b. Ahmad) - my father (Ahmad b. Hanbal) - Husayn b. Muhammad and Abu Na'im al-Ma'ani - Fatr - Abu al-Tufayl:

'Ali, may Allah the Most High be pleased with him, gathered people at Rahbah (an area in Kufah), and said to them, "I implore with Allah to testify every single Muslim who heard what the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said while standing on the Day of Ghadir Khumm. So, thirty people stood up - Abu Na'im said: lots of people stood up - and testified that while holding his (i.e 'Ali's) hand, he (the Prophet) said to the people, "Do you know that I am more entitled to the believers than themselves?" They replied, "Yes, O Messenger of Allah." He (the Prophet) said, "Whosoever I am his mawla, this too is his mawla. O Allah, be the friend of whosoever is his friend, and be the enemy of whosoever is his enemy."

Shaykh al-Arnaut states: Its chain is sahih

{Musnad (cairo: Muasassat Qurtubah) [annotator: Shu'ayb al-Arnaut], vol. 4, p. 370, #19321}
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by LagosShia: 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
Justfollowit:

The cap fitted Abu Bakr becuase he was chosen by the multitudes and he was the closesst companion to the prophet
It is about common sense

you are an example of a modern day Abu Hanifa. you read the Quran, but you do not understand its meanings. I'm referring to Abu Hanifa because of a particular incident I will post in my subsequent post. regarding your so called "blood relations", haven't you read these verses:

"Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of 'Imran over the worlds -
Descendants, one of them from another. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing." (Holy Quran 3:33-34)
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by LagosShia: 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2015

Prophet Muhammad (saww) gives blessings even after death

It is written in Kanzul Fawaid by Karajaki that once Imam Jafar-e-Sadiq (asws) was eating food with Abu Hanifa and after finisning, Imam Jafar-e-Sadiq (asws) expressed gratitude like this:

“I thank Allah (azwj) who is the Sustainer of All Worlds, O Allah (azwj) this was a blessing from You (azwj) as well as from Your Prophet (saww).”

Upon hearing this Abu Hanifa said: “O Abu AbdAllah (asws)! You have include ‘someone else’ along with Allah (azwj).”

Imam Jafar-e-Sadiq (asws) replied: “Be Careful! Allah (azwj) Says in His Book(9:59):

“If only they had been content with what Allah and His Messenger had gave them, and had said, "Sufficient unto us is Allah! Allah and His Messenger will soon give us out of their Kindness"

And at another place Allah (azwj) Says (9:74):

“……And they only stayed in opposition because Allah and His Messenger enriched them out of His grace….."

After listening to these Verses from Imam Jafar-e-Sadiq (asws), Abu Hanifa said: “By Allah (azwj)! It seems I have never read or heard someone reciting these Verses of the holy Quran before.”

Imam Jafar-e-Sadiq (asws) said: “No, its not like this! You have not only heard these Verses before but also have read them. However, Allah (azwj) Says for you and people like you(47:24):

“Will they then not meditate on the Qur'an, or are there locks on the hearts?”

and Says (83:14):

“Nay, but that which they have earned is rust upon their hearts.

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/know-the-ahlul-bait/can-imam-s-as-create-give-sustenance
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
LagosShia:

you are an example of a modern day Abu Hanifa. you read the Quran, but you do not understand its meanings. I'm referring to Abu Hanifa because of a particular incident I will post in my subsequent post. regarding your so called "blood relations", haven't you read these verses:

"Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of 'Imran over the worlds -
Descendants, one of them from another. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing." (Holy Quran 3:33-34)

He chose them to deliver messages to mankind. The last time I checked the prophet was the [b]LAST messenger. Stop trying to twist it to what it isn't
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by LagosShia: 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
Justfollowit:

He chose them to deliver messages to mankind. The last time I checked the prophet was the LAST messenger. Stop trying to twist it to what it isn't

this is your statement:

"The knowledge of Islam has nothing to with blood relations. It is based on who the cap fits"

before we continue this discussion, you have to admit first that your initial claim was wrong, and that as evidenced by the verses of the Quran, Allah did choose members from the same families and his chosen are descendants one from another. therefore you can see that Allah has granted knowledge to individuals from the same lineage (blood relations) one after the other. this is further exemplified regarding the high status and sinless state of the very family members (who were chosen/purified by Allah) of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) in this verse:

"Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification." (33:33).

when you admit you're wrong, then we can go to the issue of what position did the 12 holy Imams of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) hold since the Prophet Muhammad (sa) was the final messenger and prophet, what was their mission after the Prophet (sa) and is the family of Ibrahim (as) of higher status than the family of Muhammad (sa)? who is higher in the rank of prophet-hood, Muhammad (sa) or Ibrahim (as)? step by step. you claimed rationality, so let us be rational, or else forget it.
Re: The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
LagosShia:

this is your statement:

"The knowledge of Islam has nothing to with blood relations. It is based on who the cap fits"

before we continue this discussion, you have to admit first that your initial claim was wrong, and that as evidence by the verses of the Quran Allah did choose members from the same families and his chosen are descendants one from another. therefore you can see that Allah has granted knowledge to individuals from the same lineage one after the other. this is further exemplified regarding the high status and sinless state of the very family members (who were chosen/purified by Allah) of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) in this verse:

"Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification." (33:33).

when you admit you're wrong, then we can go to the issue of what position did the 12 holy Imams of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) hold since the Prophet Muhammad (sa) was the final messenger and prophet, what was their mission after the Prophet (sa) and is the family of Ibrahim (as) of higher status than the family of Muhammad (sa)? who is higher in the rank of prophet-hood, Muhammad (sa) or Ibrahim (as)? step by step. you claimed rationality, so let us be rational, or else forget it.

The prophet was sent to the whole of mankind (not just a family or a nation) nullifies the assumption that Allah wanted his family to automatically rule the Islamic nation.

He was the last messenger. Allah promised to bless his household, he did not make the promise he had with other prophets with him. So your claim is baseless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Combine Prayers Before Travelling? / Sambo Flags-off 2013 Airlift Of Hajj Pilgrims In Borno / 25 Sharia Laws Breaching Human Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 317
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.