Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

OBAMA'S 'BEAST' OF A CAR - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / OBAMA'S 'BEAST' OF A CAR (2405 Views)

The Latest Lincoln Navigator Concept Is A Massive Beast Of An SUV. / This Is Sexy Ride With A Beast Of An Engine Needs A Home In Nigeria 08169120996 / My Damsel With A Beast Of An Engine My Pretty 2011 Bentley GT Super Sport For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBAMA'S 'BEAST' OF A CAR by Arctic(m): 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2009
This is Obama's cadillac which will be revealed at his Inauguration on January 20th.

Re: OBAMA'S 'BEAST' OF A CAR by Arctic(m): 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2009
Extract from BBC website:

The Secret Service said the 2009 limo would provide it with a "valuable asset" in providing its occupant with the highest level of protection.

As expected, they are not giving too much away about the car, but Nicholas Trotta, their Assistant Director for the Office of Protective Operations is quoted in their news release:

"Although many of the vehicle's security enhancements cannot be discussed, it is safe to say that this car's security and coded communications systems make it the most technologically advanced protection vehicle in the world."

Observers say the car is likely to include bullet proof glass, an armoured body, a separate oxygen supply, and a completely sealed interior to protect against a chemical attack.

One of the specifications is that we don't talk about the specifications

David Caldwell
General Motors
Some joke the car is so tough it could withstand a rocket-propelled grenade. Its tyres are said to work flat, so the vehicle will keep going even if shot at.

While the car's interior is a closely guarded secret, there is no doubt "The Beast" has been kitted out with the best and most up-to-date equipment.

David Caldwell, a spokesman for General Motors which makes Cadillac, told the BBC that the car is made to specifications that the company is given by the federal government

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7829475.stm

Re: OBAMA'S 'BEAST' OF A CAR by babeisme: 9:41pm On Jan 15, 2009
There goes MY president's ride. Nice. Very nice.
Re: OBAMA'S 'BEAST' OF A CAR by BAC: 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2009
Car too low for Nigeria. When he is planning to travel to Naija I will have to borrow him my Okada.

(1) (Reply)

American Specs 2000 Cabrio Convertible 1.3 M / A Tokunbo Nissan Almera Hatchback Auto And A/c Needed / Clean Audi A4 For 550k!!!SOLD !!SOLD!!SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.