Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,718 members, 7,805,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Help Him Choose Between A Macbook Air Or A Lenovo G50_70 Pc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Him Choose Between A Macbook Air Or A Lenovo G50_70 Pc (1182 Views)

Why You SHOULDN'T Buy A Macbook Air Or Macbook Pro Any Time Soon / Must See:how To Get A Macbook Pro For Free (100% Genuine) / Need A Lenovo System !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Him Choose Between A Macbook Air Or A Lenovo G50_70 Pc by jayAjoku(m): 11:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hello fellow nairalanders I posted this cause I really need to come to terms with my computing needs I'm in my 200L in school studying geology and I really need candid advice on a laptop to get to suit my Needs and my pocket ....m for the macbook I know stuff from apple are always expensive and what not but I got a great deal from a friend for less than 90k, I have always loved the smooth tech apple dishes out never really had the chance to experience it one on one , but I also love the specs on the lenovo g50_70. So I'm really hanging here I need pro advice please help me out ................... Thank you
Re: Help Him Choose Between A Macbook Air Or A Lenovo G50_70 Pc by jayAjoku(m): 11:02am On Mar 15, 2015
Please don't just view and leave contribute
Re: Help Him Choose Between A Macbook Air Or A Lenovo G50_70 Pc by LoveDecay(m): 6:48am On Mar 16, 2015
jayAjoku:
Hello fellow nairalanders I posted this cause I really need to come to terms with my computing needs I'm in my 200L in school studying geology and I really need candid advice on a laptop to get to suit my Needs and my pocket ....m for the macbook I know stuff from apple are always expensive and what not but I got a great deal from a friend for less than 90k, I have always loved the smooth tech apple dishes out never really had the chance to experience it one on one , but I also love the specs on the lenovo g50_70. So I'm really hanging here I need pro advice please help me out ................... Thank you

All I can say is dont get a mac book becos its cool. If it breaks its going to cost you to fix it. Its not like a windows machine where the parts are easy to find - charges cost less than 2K a mac charger is within 15 - 20 K last time I checked.

I dumped windows and mac - am running on ubuntu simply because i dont to pay for the license and ubuntu works as better and uses less resources just not that use friendly.

I would advice you to get the windows machine. It should much better than a mac - i dont think a mordern mac machine - even used could be sold at 90K - For 90 K you can get a high end brand new windows machine in the states that performs just a good as any mac - runs every software, has a large range of free applications or paid.
Re: Help Him Choose Between A Macbook Air Or A Lenovo G50_70 Pc by dazekid(m): 8:51am On Mar 16, 2015
jayAjoku:

Post the specs of both the macbook and the lenovo PC. The macbook might have a core2duo processor and 2 gigabytes of RAM, so that wouldn't really be a good deal. Based on the specs of both PC's, we can help you make a better informed decision than just riding on the laptop names.
Re: Help Him Choose Between A Macbook Air Or A Lenovo G50_70 Pc by Fulaman198(m): 8:56pm On Mar 16, 2015
Whilst Lenovo are known as the most widespread Windows automakers, you still have to be wary of them and superfish (Don't get me wrong all computers are easy to penetrate and cause malice...There is a removal tool for superfish anyways. In all honesty, I've never tried Macbook's before, but if it's a Macbook Air from 2011+, I would say go for that. If you can get your hands on a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 or T420 get that instead. Just my 2 cents.

(1) (Reply)

Hp Probook 6360b For Sale / Lenovo G585 For Sale / SOLD!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.