Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way (6811 Views)

World's Ugliest Woman, Lizzie Velasquez Fighting Strongly In Different Way / We Never Arrested Or Invited Teebillz — NDLEA Says As Teebillz Set To Fight Back / Freeze And Woman 'Fight' Over Olajumoke's Article, He Calls Her 'Octopus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by umarionation(m): 4:27am On Mar 15, 2015
A woman branded the World’sd ugliest woman has hit back by releasing an anti-bullying  documentary. Lizzie Velasquez who has been mocked by bullies from around the world,was a 17-year-old surfing the web, she came across a video of herself on YouTube that described her as the ‘world’s ugliest woman’.
The devastated teenager spent days shutting herself from the world behind a wall of tears, thinking her life was over.
But now 25, the inspirational woman has hit back at the trolls with an anti-bullying documentary about her life, describing her battle with Marfan syndrome and lipodystrophy ,a rare condition which stops her putting on weight.She said

All we had known all my life was that I had a syndrome which meant that I couldn’t gain weight.At the time, I thought everyone looked like me.’I didn’t recognise or tell that they didn’t look like me.It was afternoon. I decided to go look for music on YouTube – and that’s when I found it,’ 

‘I don’t even know why I clicked on it but I did and that’s when I lost it.Calling me a monster or asking why my parents didn’t abort me… how in the world can I forgive the people who told me to kill myself?’

She fought back by giving a TED Talk in 2013 which ganered over 10 million viewers qand which she says ‘changed everything’.

‘This is my purpose. This is what I’m meant to do for the rest of my life.
‘I like to think that I’m not only telling my story, I’m telling everyone’s story.

The Lizzie Velasquez Story’ premiers at the South by Southwest Film Festival in Austin, Texas, today. Culled By daily mail

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by Ewizard(m): 5:44am On Mar 15, 2015
Dan burau uba shege!!
if diz 1 chase me 4 dream, I fit run reach Israel ooo..
Oghene biko!

5 Likes

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by fabraham(m): 5:53am On Mar 15, 2015
ojuju calabar tins
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by molydonhenry(m): 6:02am On Mar 15, 2015
I usually don't abuse ugliness, Buh THIS is not d image of God. I'm sure she's a product human/animal breed.

Chai! Buh she's intensively, externally and sporadically Ugly

2 Likes

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by ardeks(m): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2015
That's kinda touching. »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Call (08104025614) for complete video tutorial on web designing (XHTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, Javascript, JSON etc)
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by NegeduGrace(f): 7:16am On Mar 15, 2015
*sees pic n pick race..straight 2 ogun state to tell baba obj dat God has endowed him coz seein dis woman(abi na sqirruel) alone baba obj has hope* God forgive me grin

2 Likes

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 15, 2015
I Cover myself with the Blood of Jesus ..

1 Like

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by hatux: 8:18am On Mar 15, 2015
Holy Lord!!!
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 15, 2015
Beautifully beautiful

2 Likes

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by JayTeeA(f): 8:52am On Mar 15, 2015
Am I the only one seeing that this woman is like this because of an illment?.. see d way ppl r stroking her... na wa o.. did u create yourself?

if only we av the consciousness dat this thing called beauty is gift.. you did nothing to look the way you do.. and dat beauty can b taken away in a split second wit one accident (God forbid)..

and if she committed sucide its d same ppl dat will b ranting curses on her fr wasting her life.. mwhile we have filled our world wit so much hate.. biko love a sister joo

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by deywarley(m): 8:57am On Mar 15, 2015
JayTeeA:
Am I the only one seeing that this woman is like this because of an illment?.. see d way ppl r stroking her... na wa o.. did u create yourself?

if only we av the consciousness dat this thing called beauty is gift.. you did nothing to look the way you do.. and dat beauty can b taken away in a split second wit one accident (God forbid)..

and if she committed sucide its d same ppl dat will b ranting curses on her fr wasting her life.. mwhile we have filled our world wit so much hate.. biko love a sister joo
May God bless you for these post.

7 Likes

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by temmy6996(m): 9:02am On Mar 15, 2015
To me, she is beautiful. Ao many of u can stand up n fight back. She's fighting an ailment n u call dis ugly? She might not b beautiful outwardly, bt she's beautiful @ heart. N moreover to those who says she's ugly, remember beauty gives a befitting crown bt behaviour makes u retain it

5 Likes

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by babs01(m): 9:04am On Mar 15, 2015
May God forgive me, thank God I'm yet to speak
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by seyitanhep1: 9:19am On Mar 15, 2015
NegeduGrace:
*sees pic n pick race..straight 2 ogun state to tell baba obj dat God has endowed him coz seein dis woman(abi na sqirruel) alone baba obj has hope* God forgive me grin

And you call yourself a female, the beauty you think you have is a gift.
To me she is more beautiful than you can ever become. Because beauty doesn't come from the outside but from what is in you.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 15, 2015
No one made them self, people should always remember that. Like that you will be a little kinder to other people.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by STARSHYNE(f): 9:42am On Mar 15, 2015
She's Beautiful and Strong cry

2 Likes

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by adahgold(m): 10:48am On Mar 15, 2015
Meh she is ugly gosh....
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by anonym0us: 12:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
NegeduGrace:
yet she's married and you are not....see your face like cover shoe

1 Like

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
If she is normal, she will probably be prettier than most (all) of you..... u guys don't know what disease can turn someone 2..
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by tinnywhinny: 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
These peeps calling her names don't know God. It won't cost God anything to snuff breathe out of you or make just one event disfigure you(God forbid). SUMMARY: You can't create life. Mocking her is like mocking God. Thank God her parents didn't kill her,Thank God she came out of her mystery. It takes great courage to do this. This is indeed "Against all odds". God bless u queen.

1 Like

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
JayTeeA:

Ur wisdom will not depreciate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by kelvin1191(m): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
Is thIs Lady also created in the image and likeness of GOD? If yes, then, maybe not my GOD.
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:40pm On Mar 15, 2015
kelvin1191:
Is thIs Lady also created in the image and likeness of GOD? If yes, then, maybe not my GOD.
We are talking of a woman suffering from an ailment you are talking of creation it seems like the God that created you forget to give you a functioning brain

2 Likes

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by Missmossy(f): 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
God made her, and all he made is good. I admire her strong heartedness. She's beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by kelvin1191(m): 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
We are talking of a woman suffering from an ailment you are talking of creation it seems like the God that created you forget to give you a functioning brain

I wanted to reply you same way but on seeing the kid you are in your picture, I have a change of heart. We africa only attribute every thing good to GOD and the bad they the cover up!
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
kelvin1191:

I wanted to reply you same way but on seeing the kid you are in your picture, I have a change of heart. We africa only attribute every thing good to GOD and the bad they the cover up!
lol @kid on my picture, it is pathetic if adults like you will talk like that. Somebody is going through a lot all you can think of is who created her if been an adult is thinking like you then I rather remain a kid forever
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
Holy Mary, Mother of Jesus!!
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by NegeduGrace(f): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
seyitanhep1:

And you call yourself a female, the beauty you think you have is a gift.
To me she is more beautiful than you can ever become. Because beauty doesn't come from the outside but from what is in you.
did u realy say anything?jjc
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by NegeduGrace(f): 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
anonym0us:
yet she's married and you are not....see your face like cover shoe
re u normal@all..where Do you knw me from 2 knw Eida if am married or not..u re just cravin for my attention..mtscheeew
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by Fulaboy(m): 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ewizard:
Dan burau uba shege!!
if diz 1 chase me 4 dream, I fit run reach Israel ooo..
Oghene biko!

lmao I nearly throwaway my phone laughing grin
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2015
people should learn how to use their mouths. After all, no one can predetermine his looks.
Do you have what it takes to be part of the
Next Generation Workforce?”
Be part of the league of extraordinary employees
that will be placed in major organizations this
Only for persons with 0-5 years of experience*
No CV or Resume is required to Apply for this
program
Application is closing soon!!
Use the link below to apply:
http:///1860ce68
Re: Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way by darnley16(m): 7:18pm On Mar 15, 2015
@ Op u should hv said WARNiNG GRAPHIC PICTURE!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Checkout Sexy Photos Of Fully Endowned Model, Gabby Doll / God Told Me To Replace Naira Marley. (photos) / Mo Abudu's Daughter, Temidayo Is Gorgeous (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.