Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:58 PM

Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation (2495 Views)

Cost To Supervise A Foundation Of 2storey Building Of 6flats / Cost of Constructing a Foundation and Decking for a Duplex in Sango Ota / Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation by Rella1234567: 11:45am On Mar 15, 2015
Hi All,
I need you advise. I subscribe to a housing scheme in Lagos; [size=14pt]Essential Homes by Gran Imperior (Metropole Interprojects)[/size]. They are the developer behind Northpointe, Southpointe and some other projects for which they are erroneously advertising 6 months delivery. In a bid to stop paying the hefty house rent in Lekki Ajah area of Lagos, I subscribed for a 3 bedroom apartment in one of their estates in April 2014, and completed my payment per schedule, in August 2014.

Almost 1 Year after, all they have to show me is a foundation of the supposedly allocated unit. I have tried all means to communicate with them, and they are currently frustrating this effort, I have engaged lawyers but will like inputs from my well learned and experienced folks here, on how best to deal with this situation.

My demands from them are quite considerate, to commit in writing to a new delivery with agreed penalty for defaulting and take care of my temporary accommodation as I exhausted my credit limits to pay them and fulfill my end of the contract. Court case might take a while, so I want to explore all diplomatic means of resolving this first, but ultimately will do whatever will get me justice.

This should not be the appropriate means to reach out to them, but well meaning Nigerians who have contacts there should help me talk to them, maybe the right set of people in the organization are not aware or involved. I will keep the post updated with new developments as they unfolds.

Thanks all. (Mod, pls help another Nairalander)
Re: Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation by ejikeme(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
#16mil?!! and just foundation? a bungalow or what? do you have your papers you made the payments with? ?
do you know a name or some names of the top mangers? i mean names of the final decision body if the firm?
Re: Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation by Rella1234567: 12:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
ejikeme:
#16mil?!! and just foundation? a bungalow or what? do you have your papers you made the payments with? ?
do you know a name or some names of the top mangers? i mean names of the final decision body if the firm?

I have all docs, I know some of their account officer, Legal people and Sales Manager, I know their office in Lekki Phase and some of their site offices. It's a bungalow
Re: Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation by chidekings(m): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
i doubt if they ever used the money....we have more corporate thieves than arm robbers.
Re: Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation by PropTrader: 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
Rella1234567:
Hi All,
I need you advise. I subscribe to a housing scheme in Lagos; [size=14pt]Essential Homes by Gran Imperior (Metropole Interprojects)[/size]. They are the developer behind Northpointe, Southpointe and some other projects for which they are erroneously advertising 6 months delivery. In a bid to stop paying the hefty house rent in Lekki Ajah area of Lagos, I subscribed for a 3 bedroom apartment in one of their estates in April 2014, and completed my payment per schedule, in August 2014.

Almost 1 Year after, all they have to show me is a foundation of the supposedly allocated unit. I have tried all means to communicate with them, and they are currently frustrating this effort, I have engaged lawyers but will like inputs from my well learned and experienced folks here, on how best to deal with this situation.

My demands from them are quite considerate, to commit in writing to a new delivery with agreed penalty for defaulting and take care of my temporary accommodation as I exhausted my credit limits to pay them and fulfill my end of the contract. Court case might take a while, so I want to explore all diplomatic means of resolving this first, but ultimately will do whatever will get me justice.

This should not be the appropriate means to reach out to them, but well meaning Nigerians who have contacts there should help me talk to them, maybe the right set of people in the organization are not aware or involved. I will keep the post updated with new developments as they unfolds.

Thanks all. (Mod, pls help another Nairalander)

With N16 million you could have bought a plot of land around Ajah and built a very decent bungalow. I don't know why people continue to fall for all this estate developers crap. Checkout the litany of woes on the Lekki Gardens Estate thread. If and when they deliver your house, i bet it will not be up to the standard you expect.

Back to what you can do next? It's a wait and see situation you have put yourself in so "wait and see....and also pray".

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation by drkay(m): 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
They know what they are doing and they know that you ppl will eventually react. I believe they must have put a lot of things in place for whoever want to take any action, be it legally/illegally. I'll advice that you send your lawyer to the management to see things for themselves. You should be able to work things out. Then, pray about it personally. Its always preferable to build your own house.
Re: Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation by Rella1234567: 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
drkay:
They know what they are doing and they know that you ppl will eventually react. I believe they must have put a lot of things in place for whoever want to take any action, be it legally/illegally. I'll advice that you send your lawyer to the management to see things for themselves. You should be able to work things out. Then, pray about it personally. Its always preferable to build your own house.
Thanks
Re: Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation by ejikeme(m): 9:51am On Mar 16, 2015
see if you can find twitter handle of any top excos and bombard them. also create an embarrassing harshtag for them. I've solved some issues with this method.
Re: Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation by glogirl(f): 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
Rella whats d update? Am in ur shoes now.
Re: Kindly Advise Me. After Paying 16 Million Naira, All I Have Is A Foundation by ejikeme(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2015
glogirl:
Rella whats d update? Am in ur shoes now.

huh?? you too?? what's your story??

(1) (Reply)

Cctv + Dstv Installation Done For A Nairalander + Pictures / Price Of 1 For 2 Plots @lakowe Shapati Lekki Lagos Only For Two Weeks / Buy Houses & Lands In Ngozika Housing Estate, Awka, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.