Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:12 PM

10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria (85307 Views)

I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by onyenro(m): 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
u want to enjoy the sun abi.....u also need fan or ac. come with ur generator. Hope u won't complain of the noise later... u want to test African religious... hmmmm ombatse comes to mind. well, I am ready to trade my citizenship for ur passport

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
oskamboo:
Situation in africa especially in Nigeria is horrible to an extent that some Nigerian will prefer america prison to a normal live here. SATAN LIVES HERE.....

Maybe thatz your thought & haven't felt what your country has in stored.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
Na so una go talk yet you'll save your blue kpali,

When shit hits the fan, you will all be running to the embassy.

Rubbish!

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by hope4nigeria(m): 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
experimentist:
No Try Am O
leave am,kidnerper go 1st welcome am, after pay ramsome,she go know what poorverty means,did sombody tell her our politician are comedians, we batle our life time to survive on our own,african form of racism is not colour, is black vs black(rich and poor) worst than white racism. Anyway, you are welcome! But don't outdate ur visa,you may need it as soon as posible.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by skullbaba: 1:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
My advices : 1. come to Nigeria after the election, 2. come with enough money and when you come please come with alot of ideas with greater orientation. Another thing don't settle in these smart cities like lagos, porthharcourt,edo,warri,enugun,owerri. Etc don't rush to do money deals with nigerians, let them use their money to execute the project and pay when you are satisfy

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by experimentist: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
hope4nigeria:
leave am,kidnerper go 1st welcome am, after pay ramsome,she go know what poorverty means,did sombody tell her our politician are comedians, we batle our life time to survive on our own,african form of racism is not colour, is black vs black(rich and poor) worst than white racism. Anyway, you are welcome! But don't outdate ur visa,you may need it as soon as posible.
power outage wahala is enough to make her mad

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by tinyfela: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
50millions reasons why I want to leave nigeria and be in America.....

7 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by RotrEmmanuel: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
oskamboo:
Situation in africa especially in Nigeria is horrible to an extent that some Nigerian will prefer america prison to a normal live here. SATAN LIVES HERE.....
. Please someone should give this dude an award, grin

I wonder how a normal human being will be clamouring to live in HELL. grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by An2elect2(f): 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
Aprime:

Nope. Of course not.
I'm referring to the Flamingo replying my mentions.
k, Flamingo. lol abeg pass me joor
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Jarexxx(m): 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
Did they force you to go initially?
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Ekii(f): 1:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
killerman47:
U no go talk true, mek devil shame..... u don go hustle, hustle hustle, tire, no headway, no money, u come see say life truly hard, say me no easy as u imagine, u want run back to nigeria come continue ur luck , instead u dey give lame reasons.... Madam I beg talk true mek devil shame..

Na becos u no take time read make u no see say the babe no be nigerian. Yeye fowl

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by bettercreature(m): 1:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
Just make sure you have enough money to live in Nigeria,Nigeria is more expensive than most places in usa

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2015
I pity @op
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
almostFamous:
I prefer america to nigeria. Nigeria where there isn't constant electricity
I live in Nigeria and I have constant electricity 24/7. It is determination.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by An2elect2(f): 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2015
I rather live in a place where am treated as an equal and respected than live in that damned country they call america.

If you can't see that life is unfavourably different for people of colour in america, then you need to get your head reset.

Nigeria is okay.

Come back!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by boluyongp(m): 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:
you are a developing country soon You wil. Have all the things you think is so great in the western world. Your resources are RICH! Just be patient

@OP: it reflects you are still very much American in your mindset, you need to change that first if you are going to cope in Africa. Begin to think like an African, speak like an African and act like an African. Saying "Your resources" for instance instead of "Our" is not a good sign from you at all. Also, Africa is not a country, it is a continent made up of 54 countries. You also did not tell us what country in Africa you have your roots from or want to relocate to. I suspect you are partly Ghanaian sef. Africa isn't all about war and poverty, we are not that backward, go to Cape Town or Abuja and you'll be surprised they can compare favorably well with DC, Chicago or Houston. I advice you do your own research as most people on this forum would react to you based on their own standard of living.
By the way, you are a beautiful lady and I like your face, wanna know you off nairaland. Do drop an email I can message you on pls. Take care.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
@Glamrock, you think living in Nigeria is right? Think twice.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by traware(m): 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2015
bangleslover:
Now believe it or not I just gave you 10. If I told
you every reason I'd be writing all night. I'm use
to being discourage about this big decision I've
chose in my life. So please don't Comment telling
me why I should stay here and shouldn't come
there. Especially if you never been here. Its
different when you live here. Every body here is
not rich and everybody is not living like
celebrities. Out of 43million African Americans
only about 1% is really living that way. I just want
the truth to be told because I read all the time
about Africans wanting to come here because
they think it's better here, and we have it so
great. We are in a constant war here. You are
blessed. You are children of the sun.

really?? you came to give us reasons why you want yo come over here but you don't want us to air our views if you should stay or not?

how pathetic undecided

you talk as if life here in Nigeria or in the various countries in Africa is better than were you are, keep leaving in denial.

we have worse problems here than over there,
sexism, religious hatred, tribalism, corruption, homophobic idoits, educated illiterates etc

if you choose to come here be prepared for the above,
no where is better.

just appreciate where you are and stop complaining!!! angry angry
You still don't 'get it'.She has given very good points and I agree with her.She has finally been 'de-matrixed'...a moment of clarity you might say.FACT:The USA belongs to no other race but the white race.I have said this over and over again,Africa is the only place on planet earth the Black man can truly be free

10 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by law001(m): 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
Madam Glamrock,
In case you want to change your citizenship, lemme know.
I won't mind giving you mine for free.

Problem is, I don't like America either *too many mad people roaming on the streets in the guise of sane people*... I might just manage Los Angeles cause of the Beaches.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by chinkichun: 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
Please come, in one month, you'll have 1001 reasons to go back.

A pidgin proverb:
Pickin wen dem back cross stream say e match fish, wetin who back am go kon talk?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
Glamrock:
1. The food - GMO this and that. Unhealthy foods and seasonings giving us cancers and diabetes. Keeping people sick through foods. A science study has shown that African Americans will be extinct in America in 100yrs or less just from the food alone.

2. Weather - 9Months of cold weather and 3months of warm weather. I hate being cold I feel home sick. This is not my natural habitat. I need the sun 24/7. I need all my vitamin D intake smiley

3. Floride - in our drinking water. We can not escape it. keeping our Pineal glands decalcified. Same thing Hitler used on his holocaust victims before he exterminated his whole camp, but that's another story..

4. Language - I want to learn traditional African languages. I want to hear it and learn to speak it. Whether it be Hausa, Yoruba, igbo, basic pidgin etc.

5. Culture - here we are not taught anything prior to slavery. It wasn't until about 4 years ago when I finally learned about the truth. About my cultural history. I knew I was of African decent, I just didn't know anything else. Anything we are shown about Africa is the poverty and wars. They really keep the greatness of the culture hidden. Probably to keep us from wanting to come back because now that I know what I know I'm in love with where I came from and who I truly am. I'm 27 now with an almost 9yr old daughter. She deserves to see, learn and live her true culture. I feel so home sick embarassed

6. Materialism - so much technology so many distractions, It's nothing wrong with having nice things. People just need to realize because you have something someone else doesn't doesn't mean you're superior . ThIs can happen anywhere. I just point it out because a lot of people think because this is the "western world" it's better. We can not become robots lost in technology and materialism we just can't. We are human beings.

7. Roots - I have every right to want to come back it's my home too. I hate hearing people say I wasn't born there. What does that mean? Had my ancestors not been STOLEN I would have been born there. I am of African decent. I take pride in Africa. I'm no invader. Doesn't matter where I was born I am a child of the sun.

8. Spirituality - this is a spiritual move. Peace of mind. When The ancestors speak I listen. I know you have Christianity and Islam but I really would like to see and learn more about African traditional religions.

9. Development - I think it's time for not just me, but majority of African Americans to take our knowledge and skills back to the motherland to contribute to the continents development. Why does the world Rob Africa and then eat without her?. you are a developing country soon You wil. Have all the things you think is so great in the western world. Your resources are RICH! Just be patient

10. I think you knew this was coming. The main reason of all. INEQUALITY / RACISM
I am so sick and tired of being treated different because of the color of my skin. I am sick of watching these white people kill my people and get away with it just because whites are dominant . It's Not right. How. Long do we have to fight for freedom? We are still fight after 400+ yrs Sometimes I can't even sleep in my bed at night because I'm wondering who's next or what's going to happen tomorrow. I'm sick of being seen as less than an animal. And it's so normal here a lot of people just ignores it! I can't its an insult to my soul. I can't take it I am not free.

Now believe it or not I just gave you 10. If I told you every reason I'd be writing all night. I'm use to being discourage about this big decision I've chose in my life. So please don't Comment telling me why I should stay here and shouldn't come there. Especially if you never been here. Its different when you live here. Every body here is not rich and everybody is not living like celebrities. Out of 43million African Americans only about 1% is really living that way. I just want the truth to be told because I read all the time about Africans wanting to come here because they think it's better here, and we have it so great. We are in a constant war here. You are blessed. You are children of the sun.

Rubbish!!! Attention seeker!

It's seems you have forgotten what it means to live here?

I have met so many people like you who made so much noise about wanting to return here for the most useless reasons after staying here for 3 months they sell off and run back to the country whence they came.

Please if you are tired of America don't come here and post nonsense!!!

Pack your bags dash your house to a Nigerian looking for accommodation and get your lazy self down here.

Imagine the useless reasons? No be your fault na American embassy make mistake give you visa!!!

Once you step into Nigeria you won't ever leave again for this prank, you will be stuck here for ever!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Etruth: 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
OP. Thats a wise decision in view of the imminent CHANGE in Nigeria's govt from PDP to APC, there's hope.. But if Pdp were to remain in power, I would have WARNED you to better remain in yankee for you and your generation's good. But as Buhari is taking over from May 29th 2015, a sim ngi nnooo. Welcome to Obodo Naija. Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
glamrock, you have a scary eighth reason!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Rocktation(f): 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Buhahahahahahahahahaha!!! @Satan lives here gringringrin

On a serious note though. Nigeria can be a great place to live in.

grin
grin
As in finally, satan now has an addy...
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2015
Secondly you are probably wanted for fraud or murder by the police this is why you are running back here...
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Lovexme(m): 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2015
Most people down here are seeking for ways to move over to seek 'greener pastures', while those outside of the country are planning on moving back. What an irony!

Coming back isn't the issue, coping with the incessant power supply, poor security services, job (assuming you aren't an entrepreneur), and what nots is.

I trust you must have compared the pros and cons of making such voyage back to motherland, and have therefore found it favourable. Either way, I wish you the best in your quest.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by traware(m): 1:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
lestat:

Rubbish!!! Attention seeker!

It's seems you have forgotten what it means to live here?

I have met so any people like you who made so much noise about wanting to return here for the most useless reasons after staying here for 3 months they sell off and run back to the country whence they came.

Please if you are tired of America don't come here and post nonsense!!!

Pack your bags dash your house to a Nigerian looking for accommodation and get your lazy self down here.

Imagine the useless reasons? No be your fault na American embassy make mistake give you visa!!!

Once you step into Nigeria you won't ever leave again for this prank, you will be stuck here for ever!!!!!
Sir,why this rant this hot afternoon?Abeg,the OP is not the creator of your frustrations

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
Also you sound like a cracking addict
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Samirana360(m): 1:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
Home coming queen..u ar welcom. A 9c idea

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by phlamesG: 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
So u gave birth wen u wer 18?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by darepoju(m): 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Impressive!

You're a very intelligent woman. I like your determination, passion and positive views about Africa. I just wish other African Americans will think like you.

Come back to Africa my dear!

*Sigh of relief*
come back to Africa to do what...to stay for hours in traffic....
or to always sleep with one eye open because insurgency...?..
think well Abeg

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) / The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom / Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.